The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

i'm sad to say this but i'm bored of my ML with Newcastle.
It's 3/4 way through 2nd season only and i'm in Div 1 cup final but this game just aint keepin me interested anymore. I think the reason is because it doesn't look like the ORIGINAL newcastle team anymore with me only keeping Milner, Given, Carr, Bernard, Jenas and Amoebi out of whole team (and even these are mostly benched, only Bernard, Milner and Jenas play regularly).

I think i shouldn't have bought world-superstars like Adriano or Cech this early because i quite like playing with weaker players or average ones and then maybe into 7th or 8th season having superstars like Sheva and Nedved!!

Anyways, I'm thinkin of starting a new ML but having some serious doubt about who to start with.

Its not goin to be with Vorlander and co. because that will make all the players of the team i choose go FREE and i just dont find it realistic.

I want to have a weaker team or at most mid-table like Udinese or weaker like Lecce and take them to superstardom in 5-6 seasons.

But on other side i want to take PSG to French championship once again and take them to European glory by gettin rid of the fringe they got and bringing in quality young French talent.

And then there's Ajax of course my fav team in the world but i'm not going to do this one as i dont want to play with other dutch teams because it'll be too easy and yet i dont want to be in a league with mix teams either because that'd be unrealistic and wont let me enjoy.

Yes i'm quite picky as you can see but i'll find a way to enjoy it finally.

so any suggestions on who to start with??
i'm thinkin of a French team like Rennes or PSG or LEcce or Udinese but i'm not sure.

PSG will be too easy, i reckon. You'll already have a good few decent players and you may be tempted once again to buy some stars.
Go with someone like Bastia or Toulouse, or even relegation fodder, AC Ajaccio (who still have the odd decent player, mind).
I say this time and time again, i love to play with the lesser, underdog sides. And i never buy the stars ( however i like to play against them).

Last edited:
good choices Proff.

Or alternatively in Serie A, how about a team like messina ?

spanking new stadium and all that Sicilian pride bursting to come out

stretto2.jpg

hey forgetdaboutit :)

Well PLF, i strongly recommend you METZ, because they have quite a few young players that you can develop...it's rather satisfying. All they needin short term is a right back, a left winger and good OMF, the rest are either experienced (but no too old) players or very young and promising players...It's great fun to play a ML with them.
I'm thinking of starting a second ML with German team Wolfsburg.

Oh and PLF if you want to do a ML with Ajax and don'ty want to play a Dutch eredivisie then you can try something that could be a reality in a couple of years. For years now Dutch, Portugese, Belgian and Scottish clubs are speaking about a Euro-competition. A competition beween the good sides of weaker competitions: Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord and Vitesse, Porto, SPorting Lisboa and Benfica, Celtic and Rangers, Anderlecht and Club Brugge. You can some Greek and Turkish teams aswell and why not create teams like Boavista,...

I accidently deleted my ML data so i have to start it again but this tim i am going to make a itlian, english, spanish and i am going to make the last league a SUPER LEAGUE with 6 top teams in germany, 3 in portugal, 3 in holland, 2 in france and 2 in scotland. Therefore it means when i play wefa games i know i will play strong teams in different countrys. I haven't decided who i am going to be yet.

Thanks for the suggestion guys but to answer Prof and Denirobob, the thing is i like a team with a few good players if i'm going to not be able to do negotiations till 15 matches played in Div 1. So teams like Messina and Ajaccio and generally relegation battlers are out of the question for unless i really like that team.

I always think more about taking teams like Fulham, Villa, Udinese, Nantes, PSG (even though they're strong) or Wolfsburg is a good suggestion and LECCE!! I like the red and yellow kit and they have some good players.

@Gerd, thanks for suggestion about Metz yes i know about them in real life and they have some very good youngsters (Ribery ;) ) and thats why they were doing good once earlier in the year but i dont know about their kit ??? :/

I mean if its a ML you'll be playin with that team every match so its important to me you like their colours and get that enery/motivation. i'll think about it though.

As for Ajax your suggestion is good and i've already thought about that but as for real life, i doubt that would happen bro. No way Portugal and Holland and Scotland would join together.

Maybe Rangers + Celtic would one day become part of EPL and maybe Anderlecht and Brugge will once join Eredivisier in some sort but they can't do a little Euro-cup thats what we have UEFA cup and CL for and it 'll be very hard to travel from Lisbon to Amsterdam for home and away matches and you know... every country needs their OWN league anyways even if its not that competitive.

@Est, yeah thats what I always do man! Out of the 4 leagues I always put some APPROPRIATE mixed teams in the other 3 leagues which i'm NOT playing in.

that means when i'm NOT playin in EPL, I put Celtic and Rangers in english league and when i'm not playing La Liga, I put Porto, Benfica and Sporting Lisbon into La Liga instead of 3 crappier teams.

And when i'm not playin SErie A, i put the best of Seria A plus few top French sides (Marseille, Lyon, PSG) and then that 4th league if i'm not in it, i make it a SUPER LEAGUE. With some turkish sides, best german sides, belgian clubs and Ajax, Feyenoord and PSV!

This way my own game wont be unrealistic because lets say if i play in EPL, there is no rangers/celtic and its like the real Premiership yet when i go to WEFA games there are teams from a wide range of countries and they're the same top teams in CL of course year after year with exception of Shakhtar missing but who cares.

Just my 2 cents, got a bit longer than i intended but i hope it helps :)

IM goin for Juventus i already started and i was losing 4-0 to Lecce, then i came back to 4-3 but i lost but that match was amazing.

WhY is PES4 so damn good :lmao:

you're right Prof. I wonder how Lens could sell Moreira sure he's 30 now but still.... they could've used him.

Dalmat should be pretty inconsistent although i haven't checked his stats but yeah purple i dunno professor ;)

i think i might go for Lecce but there's still that part of me which wants to take a FALLEN giant that can EVENTUALLY attract superstars in real life like PSG and Ajax.

With Lecce, it'll never be a big club you know what I mean so if at season 5 or 6 i want to get likes of Aimar, I wont feel good about it because it wont be realistic but if i take PSG and Ajax to WEFA victory its not impossible for them to attract world superstars maybe once again.

lol i'm creating dillemas for myself but whatever its worth it.
keep the suggestions coming.

Udinese have quite a lot of descent players as well, too bad they sold Jorgensen.

Di Natele, Di Michele, Sulley, Pizzaro, Pinzi looks like he'll be good in real life.

PLF said:
you're right Prof. I wonder how Lens could sell Moreira sure he's 30 now but still.... they could've used him.

Dalmat should be pretty inconsistent although i haven't checked his stats but yeah purple i dunno professor ;)

i think i might go for Lecce but there's still that part of me which wants to take a FALLEN giant that can EVENTUALLY attract superstars in real life like PSG and Ajax.

With Lecce, it'll never be a big club you know what I mean so if at season 5 or 6 i want to get likes of Aimar, I wont feel good about it because it wont be realistic but if i take PSG and Ajax to WEFA victory its not impossible for them to attract world superstars maybe once again.

lol i'm creating dillemas for myself but whatever its worth it.
keep the suggestions coming.

Udinese have quite a lot of descent players as well, too bad they sold Jorgensen.

Di Natele, Di Michele, Sulley, Pizzaro, Pinzi looks like he'll be good in real life.

Yup dont forget Jankulovski and that goolie.

lol oh shit how could i forget about Jankulovski lol!! The guy's amazing he's been ready for a bigger club for a couple seasons now and i reckon he'll get his move this summer or maybe even this January even though he just penned a new contract!

THeir goalie De Sanctis has some good matches but i dont think he's really that good :/

PLF said:
there's still that part of me which wants to take a FALLEN giant that can EVENTUALLY attract superstars in real life like PSG and Ajax.

Fallen giants you say. Look no further than St Etienne then. The most successful French Club side of all time. They used to be hot shit....not anymore though.

...or you could create Napoli and get hem back into Europe. ;)

Yea thats very true!

Looks like they'll be battling relegation this year again but they are the most successful French club.

Whats their fanbase like by the way?? how big is their stadium capacity?

I'll think about them they have Le Tallec and Piquionne both on loan but game wont know that so i own two good youngsters ;)

As for creating teams... fuck that!! lol

The support is pretty good down for being iin the shadow of Lyon. They call their stadium Le Chaudron " The Cauldron." :mrgreen: It looks a bit like a Highbury really, about 35,000 capacity.

I just thought of new team to defintely consider ---> Atletico Madrid ;)

Imagine having Torres and playin in all those heated derbies with Real Madrid's galaticos and then those important braggin matches against Barca.

The thing is though, they're not weak and me and you Prof, ;) we like playin with really low ability teams almost like DEFAULT master league team but with proper conditioning and consistency. lol

so i dont know if I pick Atletico... they're already good enough for lke a 5-7 place and if players i buy will have to be better than what they already got... which will be really good players so i dunno.

the whoel reason i wanna start with weak team is so i can buy new players who are jus a bit better than the team has... i like that whole buying/bargain good players but at the highest level like when you want to win LA Liga... you dont buy unproven talent.... you just buy likes of Sheva or Adriano si 'm thinkin ... i prolly wont pick Atletico... cuz they're like Newcastle and i'll get bored soon.

Looks like it'll be Lecce but Sampdoria is cool too ;) their blue jersey and all i dunno.

Rennes has a very good team with Frei and Monterrubio and Mornar and Isakkson.... they're the french team i'm considering.

I'm with Athletico at the moment and we're flying. Third in La Liga and hot on heels of Valencia in second place. Real Madrid have basically secured the title after 13 games though, they've scored 51 goals so far.

Torres is leading by example, scoring 8 before being out with injury. I've got rid of the old guys a brought up some good youngsters. Gabi, who was already there, is turning into a class act, partnered by van den Berg in the centre. Things are starting to fall into place.

So i've completed my first season. I'm just in the end transfer period. I was waiting to swoop for some players who i had in my list, who were about to be available on Bosmans. But the next thing i knew, they had resigned :( The "Un belonging" section had a handful of free players though, so i raided it.
Young Brazilian forward, D'Acol Joaquim, originally of Olympiakos, is dirt cheap for his stats (his stats had improved a lot over the year at his former club) You can get him for under 3000 :shock:
I'm getting into the training aspect. I'm specifically allocating players with attribute training that i want them to improve in. I'm even training my young keeper's long distance accuracy pass. ;)

Last edited:
yeha it can be very time consuming but its well worth it.

Over the summer I turned Jermain Jenas from descent player to a Lampard :) pretty much!!

Lets hope he turns out like that in real life as well oh yea and I made Milner better than C. Ronaldo.

Any more talk about teams for me ;)???

Too late for suggestions now people. ;)

Finally started new ML with Sochaux. I've played 2 matches so far and alreayd know who my brightest young star and also my best player is. His name is Mathieu left footed CMF!!

Up front i brought on 3rd choice striker De Carvalho (22 years old) in for Zaidi in 2nd match and he scored both goals as we grabed another 2-0 victory this time over Caen.

I dont know why its like this but i just love playin with teams with less abilities... i like it because if you buy someone like Ameobi he'll be your star player more than likely ;) whiel in my last game he was like 6th choice striker and just not that fun anymore.

I love this game :)
off to play more but i have to start playing GTA as well lol dunno which one.

Good luck with SOchaux PLF...
I'm top of the rankings with Metz. Not that i am playing that good, but the big teams are losing points...So after an frantic 3-2 win against Bastia (again 3 penalties, two missed) i found myself in pole position. Next match will be against PSG, and since the big clubs are definitely stronger than Metz, i will certainly loose...
Prof, the training thing that you describe (attribute), i guess you can only do this in between two seasons?????

Funny that, i was going to mention Sochaux. They punched above their weight last season. Wilson Oruma and all that.
Yeah gerd, the training happens at the end of the season (see where the negotiation icons are at the end of the calendar). You can choose to play friendlies every week, or just once in this period. Meanwhile, you can negotiate. Also, training is available (not like the conditioning one in the season). There are 2 menus. Team and Individual. It's a bit like challenge training really. Pick a type of training eg Defence, Attack, Long Pass, L Corner, Free Kick etc, pick the players you want to train, and then pass it. If you fail, you're players won't improve. Repeat until your heart is content. :)

gerd said:
Good luck with SOchaux PLF...
Next match will be against PSG, and since the big clubs are definitely stronger than Metz, i will certainly loose...

That's not the spirit gerd :mrgreen:
Do you change your formation accordingly, when facing a stronger team. 4 at the back with 2 DMFs sitting infront maybe. Play with one striker on counter attack? I find sometimes even playing an attacking formation against a stronger side helps too. My Cagliari formation is a 4-3-3. I get so much space for my wingers due to the more intelligent runs in PES4.

Last edited:
Professor Nutmeg said:
Funny that, i was going to mention Sochaux. They punched above their weight last season. Wilson Oruma and all that.
Yeah gerd, the training happens at the end of the season (see where the negotiation icons are at the end of the calendar). You can choose to play friendlies every week, or just once in this period. Meanwhile, you can negotiate. Also, training is available (not like the conditioning one in the season). There are 2 menus. Team and Individual. It's a bit like challenge training really. Pick a type of training eg Defence, Attack, Long Pass, L Corner, Free Kick etc, pick the players you want to train, and then pass it. If you fail, you're players won't improve. Repeat until your heart is content. :)

That's not the spirit gerd :mrgreen:
Do you change your formation accordingly, when facing a stronger team. 4 at the back with 2 DMFs sitting infront maybe. Play with one striker on counter attack? I find sometimes even playing an attacking formation against a stronger side helps too. My Cagliari formation is a 4-3-3. I get so much space for my wingers due to the more intelligent runs in PES4.

hi Proff and other fellow ML devotees

i have always changed my formation in the past if im going up against a stronger side than myself. back in the Stuttgart days Cellini used to utilise a sweeper or man marker on Dortmund or Bayern's most dangerous player.

I def think going with 5 in midfield is sometimes very effective especially if your away from home and are anticipating the other side controlling possesion.

In WE8 with the more obvious difference between being at home and away, i sometimes find it more hard when im in my own stadium and have to take the game to the opposition rather than rely on counter attacks.

cheers

db

Nah, i'm influeced by the Ajax-syndrome, we never win, we conquer (and loose from an Israelian side). I play a 4-4-2 with Metz. The SMF play deeper (offensive arrows) and i have two DMF's. The only thing i change when playing stronger sides is the fact that i put quick settings on "counter attack". Otherwise i always play the off-side trap (which is our national sport, even 6 year old kids play the off-side trap, in Belgium football always mean "not to loose", that's why we have shit teams) and counter attack.

Something that i noticed in my Metz team: my full backs are quickly exhausted (although Signorino has the second best average ratings of all defenders) and i nearly always have to replace them after 60' which leaves me only one option to do a decisive replacement. Do you guys have an explanation for this (Signorino makes lots of runs forwoards, but the other one barely and his stamina stats are rather good).
Thanks in advance for the answers dear friends...

Last edited:
PLF said:
i'm sad to say this but i'm bored of my ML with Newcastle.
It's 3/4 way through 2nd season only and i'm in Div 1 cup final but this game just aint keepin me interested anymore. I think the reason is because it doesn't look like the ORIGINAL newcastle team anymore with me only keeping Milner, Given, Carr, Bernard, Jenas and Amoebi out of whole team (and even these are mostly benched, only Bernard, Milner and Jenas play regularly).

I think i shouldn't have bought world-superstars like Adriano or Cech this early because i quite like playing with weaker players or average ones and then maybe into 7th or 8th season having superstars like Sheva and Nedved!!

Anyways, I'm thinkin of starting a new ML but having some serious doubt about who to start with.

Its not goin to be with Vorlander and co. because that will make all the players of the team i choose go FREE and i just dont find it realistic.

I want to have a weaker team or at most mid-table like Udinese or weaker like Lecce and take them to superstardom in 5-6 seasons.

But on other side i want to take PSG to French championship once again and take them to European glory by gettin rid of the fringe they got and bringing in quality young French talent.

And then there's Ajax of course my fav team in the world but i'm not going to do this one as i dont want to play with other dutch teams because it'll be too easy and yet i dont want to be in a league with mix teams either because that'd be unrealistic and wont let me enjoy.

Yes i'm quite picky as you can see but i'll find a way to enjoy it finally.

so any suggestions on who to start with??
i'm thinkin of a French team like Rennes or PSG or LEcce or Udinese but i'm not sure.

Why didn't you just create your own team?

Make a name, create kits for them etc.

Then you have all the Master League old boys in a team of your own without sending a certain teams players all on a free.

Also, the ability to sell some of these players to bring in one of your choice is a great option to get you started in that team building process.

Is there anyone doing a Master League like this? Or am I the only one considering it?

Also, another bonus is if you decide to use your team of superstars in a friendly, they will play under a name of your choice - not as Man Utd, Madrid or somone like that.

My Cagliari side looked like this (see below) last season. Wingers, Esposito and Suazo, had acres of space and could often just toy with the opposition keeper as they passed it to Bianchi, my CF.
Set to counter attack, you can really get round the back of their defence. I do like this formation. But you need the right players. I had them to start with, so it felt right. Bolton Wanderers use it often too.

--------------------------------------Katergiannakis

Galliquio-------------------Lopez----------------------Loria--------------Agostino

--------------------------------------Mascherano

------------Conti or Donnet----------------------------------------Zola(C)

----Esposito--------------------------------------------------------------Suazo----

---------------------------------------Bianchi

Mind you, now i have signed some new players and released others, so there will be a new look line up. I'm fiddling with it at the moment, in the pre-season friendlies.

Professor Nutmeg said:
My Cagliari side looked like this (see below) last season. Wingers, Esposito and Suazo, had acres of space and could often just toy with the opposition keeper as they passed it to Bianchi, my CF.
Set to counter attack, you can really get round the back of their defence. I do like this formation. But you need the right players. I had them to start with, so it felt right. Bolton Wanderers use it often too.

--------------------------------------Katergiannakis

Galliquio-------------------Lopez----------------------Loria--------------Agostino

--------------------------------------Mascherano

------------Conti or Donnet----------------------------------------Zola(C)

----Esposito--------------------------------------------------------------Suazo----

---------------------------------------Bianchi

Mind you, now i have signed some new players and released others, so there will be a new look line up. I'm fiddling with it at the moment, in the pre-season friendlies.

hi mate

are you intending on signing (or is it actually easier in the game) to sign Italian/Serie a players than say a German or Dutch player ?

db

um, i think its just as easy to sign from abroad. Apparently, if you play ML at less then 5*, you can see stars next to the player, which indicates how easy/difficult it would be to sign him. On 5* or 6* you can't see them, however.
I needed some players, as i only had 6 or 7 subs by default, one being a keeper, and Zola has retired. Seeing as i'm in Europe next season, i needed to bolster my squad fast, so I went for some free players, and i bought a couple (had tons of cash), in addition to buying Mascherano and Donnet midway through the first season. Its worth picking up some valuable free players, if only to sell them on ;) and make some £$€.

Sochaux is lots of fun guys and i'm playin on 6* now and doing much better than i was doing on 5*!

On 5* I had a lot of 0-0 and 0-1 wins or losses but now i'm wining games by mostly like 2-0 but 3-0 as well.

this is my first team right now without buyin anyone.

Richert
Daf Diarra Monsearu Potillon

Isabey Lonfat (c) Mathieu (star player) Wilson Oruma

Dos Santos
Zairi/De Carvalho

Subs that are used frequently:

Marcelo Trapasso (WF, SMF)
Sinamary Diarra (CF, OMF)
Ibrahim Tall (SB)

Manager: PLF :D

Back
Top Bottom