1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer' started by Zygalski, 30 September 2004.

1. Zygalski

Zygalski Ninja Samurai

2 February 2003
    London, UK
    England
    Use this thread to share your progress in PES4 ML. The award to the best detail and posts for the PES3 ML thread goes to *denirobob*. Which team will you being PES4 ML as?

You can play as the default ML crew - Castello, Vorlander, Huygens etc.....
    or you can play as the real club that you choose, with all their players.

It'll be interesting to see the progress of youth players as their stats increase.
    I remember on WE8 that if you create someone good and try to buy him for your team, his wages will be ridiculously hgh - so watch it!

Keep an eye on the rating you get too.

2. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    I think it will be good to have two master league files, one starting with all real players and one starting with default ML players.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I think I'll be a Spanish team, probably, Valencia or Real Betis

3. beanface16

beanface16 Guest

I will probably give Man Utd a go first cos I support them, but I will probably be Barca for my first foreign team, not sure yet tho

4. Dominic

Dominic Serie A Staff

19 August 2003
    Netherlands
    Juve for me ofcourse..

5. Professor Nutmeg

Professor Nutmeg ML Fanatic

3 July 2002
    Master League
    I thought someone might start this thread soon after bumping up the PES3 ML thread. ;) It should get up and running nicely once the game is released.

I reckon i'm going to take advantage of the lovely licensed kits and start a ML, with the real players, in the Italian or Spanish League. A minnow, of course. I wouldn't have it any other way. :D Perhaps a club like Palermo, Atalanta, Fiorentina, or maybe Sampdoria again. In Spain, perhaps Espanyol, Malaga or Osasuna. I'll see at time, but it's likely to be a club like these.

I look forward to sharing my adventures with you all.

Bring it on!

Last edited: 30 September 2004
  6. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Yeah, thats exactly what I'm thinking!

7. Professor Nutmeg

3 July 2002
    Master League
    Well, you know what they say.....

8. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    :mrgreen:

9. gam3r

gam3r Man Yoo, Man Yooo!!

9 June 2004
    London, England
    Im playing as newcastle (tyneside) for my first ML. only played 2 matches on 5* and ive W1 and D1.

Formation goes:

---------------Given-------------
    -Carr----o'Brien----elliot----bernard
    ----------------------------------------
    ------------------Butt-----------------
    --dyer---------------------------------
    ---------------Jenas------------Robert
    -------------------------------------
    -------Bellamy--------------------
    -----------------------Shearar-----

Shearar is a brill finisher :)))

10. Professor Nutmeg

3 July 2002
    Master League
    Can someone tell me who the 8 "default" Div 2 teams are?

11. Jim The Great

Jim The Great Golden Boot Winner

13 October 2003
    Cheltenham
    You can edit them yourself Prof after you unlocked master league edit mode. Otherwise they're just random.

12. Professor Nutmeg

3 July 2002
    Master League
    Cheers,yeah i hear they are unlockable, but are there no default div 2 teams like in PES3, eg Brescia, Fulham, RC Lens etc....or are they literally random every time?

13. P-u-r-e

P-u-r-e Guest

I thought you could actually pick your own team in one mode? I mean pick the actuall players you want in your team. That would have been good.

14. ukmets

ukmets Guest

ypu can you have to choose the third option and choose which players you dont want then buy the ones you do as long as their wages are equal or less to the ones you get rid of

15. millikun

millikun Non-League

7 August 2004
    i'm just starting a season now.

i've picked Athletico Madrid! woo hoo Fernando Tores !!!

16. denirobob

denirobob IBERIAN PRIMERA

28 June 2002
    Henley, Oxfordshire
    This Season i will be mostly playing as Boavista, beginning in the Iberian Second division using default players.

Would i be correct in saying that the option above (number 3) allows you to start from the beginning with a completely new squad of various selected crapsters ?

If so, I fancy the idea of reviving the once great Napoli using all kinds of cast offs from the minnows of the Dutch/Italian/French leagues.

cheers

bob

17. mr teeth

mr teeth Guest

I am going to bacerlona and start with the default team and sort the master league out as an spanish league with boca and river in it.

denirobob i wear Boavista are relegated.

18. mr teeth

mr teeth Guest

For people who got pes4 when you are playing ML does the computer sort out all the teams formation to it's liking, liking choosing the best playes for example: on pes3 man u had solsjakr up front, keane on the right, butt in the middle with schole and fortune on the left which meant giggs didn't even get on the first 11. Does it still mess up the formation you make.

19. Professor Nutmeg

3 July 2002
    Master League
    Go db, minnows all the way! :D

I take it you're going to edit PES United and WE United into either Napoli or Boavista.

20. gerd

gerd Retired Footballer

8 January 2002
    Over the moon
    KRC Genk, Spurs
    Good that this thread has "resurrected"....the former one was the thread i enjoyed most, nice people too and they are back: denirobob, the prof, Don,... (where's Metallica???)
    My first ML i will start with a French team: Metz or perhaps Nantes
    Afterwards i would like to play with teams like Bolton, Charlton, Athletic de Bilbao, and other litle teams in big competitions. (with the actual team).
    Something i want to attempt too (and which will have not much appeal for you people) is make a Euroleague with "big clubs from litle leagues): Ajax, Feyenoord, PSV, Anderlecht, Brugge, Porto, Benfica, Sporting, the Old Firm,Sparte Prague, Panathinaikos, Olympiakos, AEK Athens and maybe a couple of Scandinavian teams (WE & PES United).
    If all is well i should have PES 4 during next week (thursday or friday???). I'm looking forward to it.

21. Voltron

Voltron Non-League

25 January 2002
    Are the days gone where you have to start off with a load of dross in ML then????

Mind you im a liverpool fan so i cant see me notcing that much difference tbh.......

22. scorpio1018

scorpio1018 Guest

i read that there is an option for a ML-start in which you can choose three players and the rest will be default players. i will most likely chose this option and play with the sc freiburg from germany or newcastle from england. the three players i will chose are a friend that i will create, ryan giggs and myself that i will also create.
    if this option is not in, then i will start with default players and still the above mentioned teams...

23. Dominic

Dominic Serie A Staff

19 August 2003
    Netherlands
    I agree. It's good to see you back as well.

24. JayM

JayM International

17 April 2004
    North Yorkshire
    Celtic
    I'm going to start my ML later today, probably as Manchester United.

25. denirobob

28 June 2002
    Henley, Oxfordshire
    I would still really appreciate 100% clarification on this actually.

One of the idea's behind going Boavista was that Joao Pinto & Tonito from Sporting Lisbon were in the game and could be transfered to PES or WE utd then , you could (i assumed) pick both of those chaps plus some other random rubbish Portuguese fellow too to make up the 3 and use PES or WE as the basis for your club.

cheers

db

26. denirobob

28 June 2002
    Henley, Oxfordshire
    hi pal, yep thats the theory. If not then i'll start with perhaps Atalanta or Livorno, using real players and compete in a Mediterraneran league with the other Italian, Greek & Turkish teams

In fact i might to that as well actually!

bob

27. Dominic

Dominic Serie A Staff

19 August 2003
    Netherlands
    Atalanta has two great talents in their team, namely Pazzini and Montolivo.

28. mr teeth

mr teeth Guest

There must be someone who can answer this question

29. Aljeron

Aljeron Guest

ok, i've probably missed something but where ahave all you people got a copy of pes4 from? Is it the demo, beta version or have you got some top secret suppliers?

30. Dominic

Dominic Serie A Staff

19 August 2003
    Netherlands
    Only a few have the game. I for one will have to wait for the official release.