The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

Professor Nutmeg said:
Yay! db's back. :D

Any news on the team you're going to be? Boavista was it?

thats right... well its was, its still Portuguese but tonight matthew, ladies and gentlemen i am going to be ..Maritimo.

my g/f and I were over in Madeira visiting her folks and I took her and her sister, dad & nephew to watch them play Moreirense in the Superliga whom they battered 1-0.

(none of them had been to a live game before btw)

Small but nice little stadium with a view out into Funchal, the harbour and the Atlantic beyond all from the main stand. nice. Shame about the kit which is green and red stripes - bad news for any colour blind fans!

Had the chance to do a bit of scouting actually as Maritimo had a number of decent players - the one who really caught the eye was a player called Wenio who was outstanding in the centre of the midfield (both defensively and offensively) and scored the only goal. Think of a young paul ince but with better technical ability.

They line up in a 4-3-3 and my first opinions of the Portuguese league up close was that its skillfull, not as slow as id expected but unfortuantly contained rather too many petulant challenges and hold ups in play. Good fare for 12 euros each mind.

6_68620.jpg

Therefore ..........My mission when i choose to accept it, is to take this backwater minnow from the pearl of the atlantic, into the Iberian superleague, then into Europe before finally dominating the continent. All of course on a limited budget.

Sounds promising db, i'm looking forward to your reports and (eventually) a webside...
Things are going a litle bit beter for my Metz side, after a disastrous 0/6 start (losses to Lille and Lyon). Metz won against St-Etienne and drew against OGC Nice.
The team has a couple of good youg players: Djiba (DMF, 18 years), Tresor Moreno (FW, Colombian don't remember his age) Tum (FW, Camleroun) and my beloved Ribery (21 years, SMF).
After playing a couple of matches (always play 15' and don't have much time so a ML goes much slower for me than for the most of you) i already know that i won't play much other things than ML. This new version is the most immersive. I particularly like the development side of youing players. I always played with youg players and now i'm gonna do it even more (that's why i picked Metz when i was in France during august i read in L'Equipe that they had a young team, and then thjey did very good...since then the results aren't so good anymore, but who cares).
Do you guys train between matches, i always do and after a couple of minutes the game "tells" you that you've done enough (am i right about this).
On the down side, i alway considered myself crap but after 6 months of PES3 i could win championships on five stars and now and then even score a beautifull goal...PES4 is a completely different game, i'm struggling again even on 4 stars. There is one positive side to this all, as longs as it's a challenge (i.e. difficult) the game is fun.
Who needs multi player??? (especially if you are crap like me).

4th season as inter (6 stars) got a shit load of the old players! loving it. gonna try and repeat the team but start from scratch instead of having the original inter team from the start.

francesco toldo
franco baresi
franz beckenbauer
bobby moore
lothar matthaus
arnold muhren
johann cryuff
diego maradona
stanley matthews
pele
adriano

International Elite-6*

After promotion from div 2 in my first season we were doing very well in the league, almost always 1st 2nd or 3rd.

----------------------Lewis
dagaka----contrearas---heitinga-----whitingham
------------------kim do heon
-----bentley---------------------------muntari
-------------------chiumiento
------------farfan--------------bojinov

Then our season started to take a nose dive. We were beaten 1-0 in extra time in the dicv 1 cup final by Man-U. Then before the last day of the season these were these were the league positions:

Inter elite---pt.70 gd.67
Man U-------pt.70 gd60
Arsenal-----pt.69 gd 71

The final game of the season we were beaten by arsenal who came back in the last 20 mins by two identical goals to win 2-1!! This made the final standings:

Man U-------pt73
Arsenal-----pt72
Inter Elite-- pt70

Considered throwing PES4 out the window. Instead after rewvamping the team, i will go out to do the treble.

Current team

-------------------Funes----------
Dagaka----Heitinga--Contrearas---Heinze
-------------------Barreto
----Kaiser---------------------C. Lopez(21yr wtf?)
----------------Van Der Vaart
----------Bojinov--------------Messi

subs
gk-lewis, Kim young kwan
def-kompany,whitingham, diamoutene, berthod, rodrigo defendi
mid-fabregas,kim do heon, komura, muntari, montolivo, bentley,nascimento
fwr-chuimiento,farfan,d milito

All players growth curves reach between the green and red bar.

3rd season on *****. Started my own team, "Tamagotchi Teheran" with the default players (Stremer, Valeny etc.) From the beginning i chose to sign only young talent and was pretty lucky with the players i could get. Won the double, was promoted and signed my first star with Rooney. First Season Div 1: Double again. Until today, middle of my third season top of the table together with Arsenal, Rooney is the only known player i signed. Still signing only prospects and training them. Thats so much fun ( thats why my team is called Tamagotchi :) ) ... Anybody knows whether 6 stars is harder than 5 ?

-----------Lewis-----------

--Heirufinga--Contreras--Veron--

---------Hursaido---------

--Herderson--Barretto--Aguroga--

--Barry(Moreno)--Rooney--Bojinov--

Still struggeling with scoring goals on a regular basis in the league. Lots of 1:0 or 2:0. The only team i really crushed was Hertha. Sank them 9:0. Funny i struggle in the league beacuse in the WEFA Champions League i score 4 or 5 gaols every games ... ??? ... Oh well ... One tip for signing youg players: Make sure their response and balance are at least almost 80. I found these the hardest to train stats but that might differ from player to player. Not sure about that ...

Cheers
B.

hey very nice to have you back deniro bob !!!

Your thread and Professor's for PES4 line-ups helped me so much man SO MUCH!! Thanks a lot!! It made my ML experience as great as it can be.

I praised you a lot in that thread tooo.... go check it out !! I even tried to bump it once so people would post more line-ups because there are stilll some teams left like Dutch ones and Kiev but no one replied i think.

anywyas i wont be modifyin now anymore, so dont need it but thought its great for other so they can fix stuff before burning.

Great to have you back man, you do a lot of shit for the community.

Great to have you all.
i'm out for now!

Does anybody know who i can take out of the roma squad to put in perrota and also anybody i can take out of the charlton squad to put in jeffers.

Dont know if its already done but you can take out Emerson and Zebina both to Juve to put in Perrota and Mido!!

Also Richard Rufus retired at age of 29 last year for Charlton so put him in a team like PES United and put Jeffers in. Dont forget Danny Murphy either.

Had a real thriller of a Coppa Italia semi-final last night. I had won the first leg 0-1 away to Juventus. All I had to do was sit tight in the home leg. But inevitably, they scored in the first half, through Ibrahimovic. It was poised at a 1-1 aggregate for the rest of the gruelling 2nd half where both sides hit the crossbar. Extra-time followed, with no goal in the 1st half of it. But in the 108' minute Esposito cracked one at Buffon, who could only parry it. In came Bianchi who just managed to toe punt it hard and straight into the net as Cannavaro came sliding in to challenge for the ball. It was really exciting. :D
Now i'm in the final against Inter Milan, who appear to unstoppable. However, i really want to win this cup for little Zola who is to retire at the end of the season. :(

My Metz team is doing fine. I'm currently4th one point clear after joint leaders Olympique Marseille and Nantes Atlantique.
This game is so realistic...I can win against most teams, but somehow the big french teams seem out of reach (Monaco and Marseille, Lyon..).
Thie big target for my first season is the division 1 Cup...
I'm not sure if i will buy players in the first transfer window, will surely offload a couple of players i never use...

Mine's going OK right now. Started as Palermo with the old school ML players. Won the Div 2 Cup and finished second in the league to get promotion

I've signed Chevanton, Lupoli, Feindouno, Lahm, Toni, and Peersman, and have had an OK start to ML Div 1, despite a 4-1 defeat at Benfica where everything went downhill :(

i played a WEFA game for the first time yesterday and it felt so cool seing the captions and how it says WEFA under the the team flags & time. It also pops up before you start the game and also when you score a shiny thing come up on the number of goals you scored. It feels so unique.

Just started my off-season (2nd season) after winning the domestic D1 double with Palace.

I've signed Robben, C. Ronaldo, Lahm and Xavi. I'm promising myself not to go for the uber-stars like Ronaldinho and Henry. :)

Alright guys, you'll soon be hearing about my Juve ML exploits.
I'm going to start ML very soon, maybe even in a few moments time.
Already eyeing Enzo Maresca as first transfer target(don't know yet though how i'll fit him into my side) and I would like to see Ruben Olivera's potential.

Anyway, anyone have any pointers for starting ML?

1st Season almost done

I managed to win the Cup (2-0 vs Arsenal in the final)

Theres 3 games left in the league and Im 1 point behind, with league leaders Liverpool yet to play so that will probably be the decider

Its tough having this game and GTA-San Andreas I dunno what to go on!!!

One thing i noticed, is it a coïncidence or is it the same with you guys: lots of penalties against the CPU...i once even had two in one match (missed them both!!!).

Im about to start 4th season with Real CF, started with actual players and 6 star difficulty. Won Div. 2 League and Cup in 1st season.

2nd season was much tougher in Div.1, finished 3rd in La Liga behind Valencia and Deportivo , missed out on 2nd place by goal difference of 4. I lost in Semifinals in Cup to Villareal on away goals, one of their away goals was a huge GK blunder by my GK *sigh* (pes4 GK A.I sometimes is pretty bad, but i let it stand cos it can happen in real futbol..). This was all without my main striker, Ronaldo, who was out from week 3 for the whole season with an injury :P. Even though I just missed out on automatic placement in final group stages of WEFA championships I still qualified for the Qualifiers.

By the start of season 3 I had added to the squad; Rivaldo, Alcides, Salas, C.Lopez, Denilson, Gamarra, Essien, Rosicky. And departures included; Owen, Guti, Morientes, R.Bravo, Pavon.

Season 3 saw my team finish 2nd in La Liga, a point behind Valencia CF, even tho I had bettered their goal differerence 44 to 29. I was pleased to grab a top 2 spot but gee oh so close to La Liga title again ;) Ronaldo was top scorer with 28. Aimar (Valencia CF) was top assists with 12. The Cup was won by Athletic Bilbao , the team that knocked me out on away goals in the Quarterfinals *grr* They had some very good attacks.

The Pre Group Stage Qualifiers for WEFA Championships went better than I expected. I was in the group of death with Arsenal, Juventus and Liverpool. I made a strong comeback to win 1st game vs Arsenal 4-3, won the next 2 and was in pole postion to qualify, which I did with little trouble. So it was to the Group Stages in main draw which had Inter FC, Deportivo and R.Sociedad. After losing 1st game 1-0 to Inter FC, I recovered to Qualify 2nd behind Inter FC who we beat 3-2 in the return leg. So I was paired against Juventus in the Quarterfinals. We ended up winning that 6-2 on aggregate which setup a semifinal clash with Newcastle Utd (who beat Udinese in other Q/F). 1st away leg was a tight 2-2 affair, 2nd leg saw my team score 5 with no reply. So it was a WEFA Championships Final against Inter FC who defeated Borussia Dortmund in the other Semifinal. After tight wins over each other in the Group Stages it was looking to be another tight game, it was'nt tho , it ended up 5-0 Real CF to claim our 1st WEFA Championships. :D

Ok Season 4 is calling me .. :-)

Last edited:
Don't know if anyone has been reading my Coppa Italian (Div 1 Cup) exploits, but last night was the final against Inter Milan.
I had rested all my top players and conditioned them for the game. I was bit worried, as Inter had thrashed me in the league a few games prior to this match.
Anyway, It was deadlocked at 0-0 for ages. Need i remind you i was facing: Adriano, Vieri, Recoba, Veron, Davids...scary stuff. They made a double substitution in the 2nd half, and on came Emre and Cruz, and sure enough in the 77' minute, Emre crossed to Cruz who headed a bullet past the keeper. :(
It looked lost at this point but we fought on, eventually getting a goal back through Esposito, which took us to extra time (and the silver goal).
And there it was, one minute into the first half of ET, Bianchi managed to grab a second for us which we defended for the remaining time (which seemed like ages).

Final score: Inter Milan (Cruz 77') 1 - 2 Cagliari (Esposito 87' Bianchi 91'ET)

Sure enough, as i wanted it to happen, retiring captain Gianfranco Zola lifted the cup. It was very emotional. ;)

Cagliari: Div1 Cup Champions!

----------------------------------------------

His not a fast developer like fabrigas, but if you give him 3 seasons he becomes a good average player at the age of 21.

A question for those who have completed a season already. I have 3 games to go, yet i already received bonus points for scorer, league position and a valuable player i think. How come? With 3 games to go, they could all change. Was i tperhaps referring to the DIv 1 Cup? Probably not, as i got the points the league match after the final.
Anyone know whats going on? thanks.

Back
Top Bottom