The PES4 Master League Thread - YEAH!

Is there anybody here finding it really hard to score goals. I only get 1 in usally 3 games. What makes it worst is the COM can attack!

Yes at first, but you get the hang of it after a while.

If 1 on 1 try looking for the square ball for a tap in.

Also I've found that a quick burst of sprint will often get you past the keeper.

Press shoot for longer as well, especially when at distance. Long rangers are quality in this one.

The keeper is so good at saving 1 on 1's.
I remeber when the keeper saved a penalty then castolo hit again of the rebound and then the keeper saved it! I lost because of that.
I am doing totaly shit in master league

Well, after 8 games, Cagliari are 6th in Serie A. Not bad, given the shakey start (1 loss and 2 draws). However, as Brackley reminded me at the end of the last match, i'm now unbeaten in 5 games (1 draw and 4 wins). This included a great match at home against AC Milan. It was 1-1 in the first half, and it stayed that way for what seemed like ages. But then, with 5 mins to go, striker Antonio Langella created some space just outside Milan's box and neatly threaded a threw ball to David Suazo, who cooly finished pass Dida. The home crowd went wild (me too) as Cagliari snatched a win in a game which had appeared to be heading for a stalemate.
I've got a match against Lecce and a Coppa Italia game against Sampdoria both coming up in the same week now. It could be a strain on my players, as i have such a small squad (7 subs i think). Looking forward to buying some players soon as i have a decent bankroll going on.

Professor you're tempting me to starting a ML as well. I'll have to controll myself for the moment though, need to play a normal league and some cups to get some pes points first.

Anyway, have you discovered some unknown serie A talent yet?

Nice stuff, good to read about everyones ML experiences! So here's mine... hehe

Just finished my first season, and what a finish!!!

There was a constant battle for the 4th WEFA Championship place, by finishing 4th in Division 1, (Barclays Premiership on my game :mryellow: ). I am Charlton Athletic with match mode players on 5 stars for my first season, it's now 6 stars, but anyway...

Involved in the battle were, Charlton, Chelsea and Southampton, and we had swapped around places in the league quite a lot, but on the final day, we all had 55 points, however the advantage was with me, in having the superior goal difference (+20). So basically, all I had to do, was win, to guarantee myself WEFA Championships football next season.

My last match was against Tottenham, who were mid-table, average team. However, shock horror! In about the 10th minute, Kiely could only parry a shot, right into the path of Kanoute and they led 1-0. I was shellshocked :shock:. However I battled on and in the 28th minute, I won a corner on the far side. Danny Murphy puts the ball down, and whips in a beautiful corner, that finds an unmarked Jonathan Fortune, who nods into the back of the net. 1-1. I thought, "right, I've got them on the run now", however in the 40th minute of the first half, a loose ball bobbled along my 6 yard box, and Kanoute stuck out a long leg and managed to get the ball in. 2-1 down, just as we were going into halftime.

In the second half, the flow of game was pretty much the same - I would attack, they would defend and then counter, I was starting to get frustrated, but then in the 75th minute, a lifeline. From just in the Spurs penalty area, Jeffers hit a decent shot, Robinson in the Spurs goal, made a good save and pushed the ball quite wide, however Martins showed his strength by getting in front of the defender and managed to score from a very tight angle. 2-2, this may take me through, but I'd be relying on Chelsea and Southampton not winning - another goal would surely clinch WEFA Championship football for me next season. At this point I moved to a 3-1-3-3 formation, and brought on Kevin Lisbie to go up front as an extra striker. In the 83rd minute, Martins played a good through ball to Rommedahl who was on the left wing. Rommedahl cut into the corner of the penalty area and the keeper was rushing out to meet him, however Rommedahl just cooly tapped the ball to his right, where Jeffers was waiting to blast into the half empty goal!!!!!!

Incidently, Chelsea drew and Southampton lost so it wouldn't have mattered! But I didn't know that at the time and it was very exciting and nervous!

That was incredible stuff, and I'm now hoping to really bulk out my squad so my players don't get tired due to the increased number of games, now being in the WEFA Championships!! :mrgreen:

Whoops!!! Sorry, I've just realised I've written an essay on Master League!!! Shame Edexcel wouldn't accept it!!!

Est. 1987 said:
Is there anybody here finding it really hard to score goals. I only get 1 in usally 3 games. What makes it worst is the COM can attack!

Nope, I don't have a real problem scoring. Scored 28 during the 14 games last season, which is an average of two a game.

Not that bad considering I've not good that good an attacking team.

Don Domenico said:
Professor you're tempting me to starting a ML as well. I'll have to controll myself for the moment though, need to play a normal league and some cups to get some pes points first.

Anyway, have you discovered some unknown serie A talent yet?

Hurry up and join in :D No doubt with Juve eh ;)
Yes, there is some talent out there in Serie A. My young defenders aren't bad actually. Both fullbacks are increasing their acceleration stats. Diego Lopez is a good defender too. Then in attack, there's esposito and Bianchi, who are pretty useful as well.
I'm already looking for a Zola replacement, because he's going to retire soon. I was thinking perhaps some Argentinian or something. Donnet was a name i took down. I've been assembling a list for when the window opens. Mascherano looks good as a holding midfielder.

Caracciolo (Brescia I think) is great young Serie A talent, if you're looking for a striker.

Not actually signed him, but played against him a few times, and he's been really difficult to play against.

timedwins7 said:
Nice stuff, good to read about everyones ML experiences! So here's mine... hehe

Just finished my first season, and what a finish!!!

There was a constant battle for the 4th WEFA Championship place, by finishing 4th in Division 1, (Barclays Premiership on my game :mryellow: ). I am Charlton Athletic with match mode players on 5 stars for my first season, it's now 6 stars, but anyway...

Involved in the battle were, Charlton, Chelsea and Southampton, and we had swapped around places in the league quite a lot, but on the final day, we all had 55 points, however the advantage was with me, in having the superior goal difference (+20). So basically, all I had to do, was win, to guarantee myself WEFA Championships football next season.

My last match was against Tottenham, who were mid-table, average team. However, shock horror! In about the 10th minute, Kiely could only parry a shot, right into the path of Kanoute and they led 1-0. I was shellshocked :shock:. However I battled on and in the 28th minute, I won a corner on the far side. Danny Murphy puts the ball down, and whips in a beautiful corner, that finds an unmarked Jonathan Fortune, who nods into the back of the net. 1-1. I thought, "right, I've got them on the run now", however in the 40th minute of the first half, a loose ball bobbled along my 6 yard box, and Kanoute stuck out a long leg and managed to get the ball in. 2-1 down, just as we were going into halftime.

In the second half, the flow of game was pretty much the same - I would attack, they would defend and then counter, I was starting to get frustrated, but then in the 75th minute, a lifeline. From just in the Spurs penalty area, Jeffers hit a decent shot, Robinson in the Spurs goal, made a good save and pushed the ball quite wide, however Martins showed his strength by getting in front of the defender and managed to score from a very tight angle. 2-2, this may take me through, but I'd be relying on Chelsea and Southampton not winning - another goal would surely clinch WEFA Championship football for me next season. At this point I moved to a 3-1-3-3 formation, and brought on Kevin Lisbie to go up front as an extra striker. In the 83rd minute, Martins played a good through ball to Rommedahl who was on the left wing. Rommedahl cut into the corner of the penalty area and the keeper was rushing out to meet him, however Rommedahl just cooly tapped the ball to his right, where Jeffers was waiting to blast into the half empty goal!!!!!!

Incidently, Chelsea drew and Southampton lost so it wouldn't have mattered! But I didn't know that at the time and it was very exciting and nervous!

That was incredible stuff, and I'm now hoping to really bulk out my squad so my players don't get tired due to the increased number of games, now being in the WEFA Championships!! :mrgreen:

Whoops!!! Sorry, I've just realised I've written an essay on Master League!!! Shame Edexcel wouldn't accept it!!!
Great piece of essay timedwins :D

It's just too sad because you'll NOt be playing WEFA championship next season :lol:

I'm not 100% sure but i think finishing 4th won't get you in there unlike real life. :)

Professor Nutmeg said:
Hurry up and join in :D No doubt with Juve eh ;)
Yes, there is some talent out there in Serie A. My young defenders aren't bad actually. Both fullbacks are increasing their acceleration stats. Diego Lopez is a good defender too. Then in attack, there's esposito and Bianchi, who are pretty useful as well.
I'm already looking for a Zola replacement, because he's going to retire soon. I was thinking perhaps some Argentinian or something. Donnet was a name i took down. I've been assembling a list for when the window opens. Mascherano looks good as a holding midfielder.

Ofcourse with Juve. Already eyeing players like Jankulovski and I will line up some future replacements for DP, like Chevanton, Pazzini or Cassano.

Yeah Carraciolo was linked to Juve again just a few days ago.

It does get you there PLF, top 4 teams of each division make up the 16 needed for WEFA.

(I HOPE!!!)

Started master league with leicester and turd players (ie stromer etc) on 5*
About 9 games gone. Bought japanese teamates Kubo and K.Nakata in the first transfer window.
I was playing Roda JC in div 2 and was losing 2 - 0 going into injury time. Shite i thought as i went all out attack. Minanda passed it to Njorgo who slipped between two defenders, and smacked the ball in 2-1!!!!! still hope. They take centre as the board showing 2 mins is raised i immediatly get the ball and go on a run but i get surrounded on the edge of the area with no where to go. Sod it i thought and i had a ambitious shot with Njorgo once again. It loops in the air and the keeper tips it over the bar! one last chance i thought. In came the cross headed out towards the edge of the area. First time shot i think and smack i get cropped inside the area they get sent off but more importantly i have a penalty!!!!!!! Up stepped Kubo with the last kick of the game. BANG smacks the ball straight down the middle...... ITS A GOALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS

This is what makes this game so good

cashback

I just blew my chance to go top of the table. Spartak Moscow are above me by 3 points (I'm doing random teams, rather than all Italian etc). Milan v Spartak Moscow at the San Siro. I started the match brightly. Limited Spartak with long punts up the pitch (which Stam was eating up). Just before half-time I took the lead. Pirlo fed the ball to Shevchenko down the left side. Sheva cut in to his right foot, accelerated a bit to get past Spartak's decently fast right back, and slammed the ball past their keeper.

I continued to make chances in the second. With Sheva usually being the provider (since I lack width with my diamond midfield setup). It hit the 80 minute mark, I took my eye of the ball for a few seconds and Spartak equalised. A long through ball not dealed with by Gattuso fell to one of their strikers, who hit a poor shot. But the shot deflected off the hapless Coloccini and squirmed under Dida. My chance of going top was gone. :(

I'm planning to set up a second system with wingers. To change around with the diamond incase I need some good old width.

Professor Nutmeg said:
DD, you know Marek has signed new contract for Udinese until 2008? ;)

Yes, sadly I do :(.
The transfer looked likely to happen in the summer, and lately he was being linked again. It now looks unlikely again, shame as Janku is ready for a 'big' club. I might have to change my plans then(I might go for Gasbarroni instead).

Ah well, i haven't started ML anyway yet. I'll see when the time comes.

I just bought my first ML player on pes4. His name is A. Kamara (french), 20 years old, his a left back who can play at left midfield. Has anybody tried the training during the off season. I have really got macco to improve a lot in his crossing which is know 77 and speed which is know 83.
My game is starting to improve a bit i beat real betis 3-1 in a friendly so it's looking well for the new season.

Is it true you can do the trick shot thing that joe cole and ronaldo do when they have the ball on their weaker foot and then swing their stronger foot round an kick with that???

If so How?

I did get into the WEFA Championships by finishing 4th, and curiously, so did Chelsea and Southampton, who finished 5th and 6th!!! From reading the manual, I think the teams that finish 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th from each Division go into the WEFA Championships qualifying group, then the top two go through and are joined in the knockout rounds by the teams that finished 1st and 2nd in each division, while the teams that finished 3rd and 4th in the WEFA Championship group, go to the WEFA Masters cup. I think!!!! :k

So anyway, just thought I'd post my current Master League team:

---------------------------Kiely-----------------------------

------------Sankofa----Fortune----Hreidarsson-------

---------------Lampard--------Danny Murphy-----------

---------------------------Alex------------------------------
--Thomas-----------------------------------Rommedahl--

----------------Jeffers--------------------------------------
--------------------------------Martins---------------------

Alex? Is that the japenese/brazilian midfielder who plays for fenerbache? or a different alex

Oh Alright good to hear Timedwins7, hope you do well.
Yeah 5th and 6th have to qualify for it through some games which in your case, Chelsea and Southampton DID!

Enda said:
Alex? Is that the japenese/brazilian midfielder who plays for fenerbache? or a different alex
No he's the brazillian only Alex. 27 years left footed. Played as an offensive midfielder for Cruizero and was their captain last year when they won the league.

He was captain of Brazil's Copa America team earlier this year.

Hope you know who i'm talking about now ;)

PLF said:
No he's the brazillian only Alex. 27 years left footed. Played as an offensive midfielder for Cruizero and was their captain last year when they won the league.

He was captain of Brazil's Copa America team earlier this year.

Hope you know who i'm talking about now ;)
Yeah, he's pretty good. Got lots in special stars.

Ryan Giggs out for two seasons

After playing the master league 5* with Man Utd,won the first season finished top and won the d2 cup, 20 games into 2005 season ryan giggs took a knock but was alright to come back on.........two minutes later got clattered from the side, he couldn't continue.
After checking his condition after the match he is going to be out for 40WEEKS.
So has anyone had longer injuries.

Also where is the injury symptoms,it only says 40 weeks.
on pes3 it give the injury the player had(cut,calf strain,bruise thigh)+the lengh of time he was out

Re: Ryan Giggs out for two seasons

davidallen said:
After checking his condition after the match he is going to be out for 40WEEKS.
So has anyone had longer injuries.
Bloody hell!!! Unlucky mate. Touchwood, I haven't had any serious injuries on Master League, just the odd 2 or 3 weeks.

Also, check here mate Your Longest Injury

Back
Top Bottom