The OFFICIAL PES2008 (PC) Complaint Letter To Konami Thread (PLEASE READ FIRST POST)

Re: The OFFICIAL PES2008 (PC) Complaint Letter To Konami Thread (PLEASE READ FIRST PO

This is beyond a joke.

I stuck up for this piece of shit when it first come out, saying the patches would turn it all around and the online play would get better.

I only really play online so my only problem with 1 player is the pathetic excuse for crowds.

Online got slighlty better after the first patch.

Now it has took a step backwards and after how many months after release?

2v2 isnt there, chat isnt there, play again isnt there, servers and rooms are a joke. Where the hell is all the online options?

And thats not even going into gameplay. Ive lost count now of the games i have lost due to teleporting, pausing and ridiculous lag.

9 out of ten players challenging me seem to be german, french, spanish or italian.

Every time i play this crap online i come off it wanting to kill somebody.

What the f*ck are they playing at?

Surely it doesnt take this long to sort the teleporting and connection issues out.

Fuck you konami.

Re: The OFFICIAL PES2008 (PC) Complaint Letter To Konami Thread (PLEASE READ FIRST PO

I've been playing WE/PES since WE 7 and have owned every version since. The reason - realistic gameplay. I don't care much about graphics or asthetics. Just give me realistic gameplay. Well, each year I hope that Konami will fix many things that have made these games more unrealistic over the years. However, it seems that each year most of the issues get worse. All of my complaints are based on my own opinion, but I'm sure many of you will agree.

1. AI players on your own team - They're idiots. When they make runs they are typically at the worst moment. They stop runs at the most inoportune times. If the cursor is not on them...forget about defence. In regards to receiving passes, the fact that "supercancel" even exists is proof of that a problem exists with the AI.

2. Refereeing (This could be long) - I'm sick of having my heal clipped as I'm about to take a shot. I can't even count how many times I've been in on the keeper only to have my heal clipped from behind making me "stumble" just so the defensive player can step in front of me and waltz away with the ball.

3. Refereeing 2 (Slide Tackles/Cards) - Why is it than 90% of slide tackles resulting in fouls are carded (this apparently doesn't apply to the CPU)? Why is it that at least 50% of clean tackles are whistled anyway? Konami has had too many years to fix the refereeing and there hasn't been a single improvement in 5 years.

4. CPU - At times the CPU is invincible. Tackle the ball away? Doesn't matter because it deflects to a CPU teammate anyway. Step in front of the CPU to take away the ball? Oops...missed the ball, you stepped right between the ball and the player. Now he continues on toward your net while you scratch your head in confusion and bewilderment. Sometimes the CPU decides it's going to win, and that's all there is to it.

5. Goalkeeping/Rebounds - There are far too many rebounds on both ends. This is something that has steadily gotten worse with the WE/PES franchise. The part that's really frustrating it the fact that the CPU in PES 2008 seems to recover rebounds on their offensive end 75-80% of the time leading to tap in goals. Why don't my AI players recover rebounds at such a high rate? See point #1. This really has become a bad joke with this years game.

6. Passing - When there are two players from your team in the same vacinity and you pass in that direction, the CPU nearly always chooses the wrong player for the recipient. Bad CPU decisions on passes lead to way too many CPU goals.

7. Defense on Corners - It's incredible how often the CPU scores on corners. It's most frustrating when your players doesn't even challenge for the header.

8. Diving/Shirt pulling - The addition of these options is pathetic. Maybe this does add realism, but I don't dive in real life and I won't in a game either. Diving is for people with no integrity. Shirt pulling is trash as well. If you can't win without diving and shirt pulling you deserve to lose. Get better.

I could continue on, but I think you get the idea. I've been loyal to Konami for a long time, but I'm sick of their claim to having the "most realistic" soccer game available. When "most realistic" is this unrealistic I lose my patience. I haven't owned a FIFA game since FIFA 96, but I'm off to get '08 now. They may not be realistic either, but I'm done with Konami. Fix what your fans have wanted fixed for years or I won't be the last to jump ship.

ABSOLUTELY AGREE. I hate cheating AI.

Dont know was this mentioned before, but i have wanted this in WE/PES since like forever.
An option to choose (during the indirect free kicks and corners) what players will go in the box for header, and what players will stay outside the box or stay fully back.Something like in Football Manager.I just hate when my 169 cm CM with 68 header/jump rating is going for the header while my 193 cm CB is staying back all the time.

Factual complaints:

- the sound bug, when you returns from paused game, its a very annoying bug, especially if you play with high volume.

- Option File should be loaded each time you open the game!

- Doesn't include support to highest resolutions and some widescreen modes.

Personal complaints:

- Players of custom teams in ML are too much weak!
- Goalkeeper very weak
- Players being tired after 2 matches
- Some "strange" defenses of gk! He slides too easy, like the floor is made with soap (lol)
- Teamvision?? I gain of the computer with the same strategies every game!!!
- The refeers give yellow/red cards for absolutelly nothing and sometimes dont give in absurd fouls!

Last edited:

Personal complaints:

The goalkeepers are crap, tbh, they're worse than that. Shoot towards the middle of the goal with someone with the middle shooting star and 75% of the time it goes in. And why do keepers NEVER catch the ball?! Or rarely.

I get booked for every CLEAN slide tackle I make and sent off for slide tackles which aren't actually that bad.

What the f*** is TeamVision?!

Stamina for players in ML is atrocious. I have to change my line-up almost every match. Even the bloody keeper gets tired after about 3 matches.

Stadiums in places no-one's heard of. I'd rather play in unnamed stadiums in Europe than in Africa. Why couldn't you keep the same stadiums and let us change the names, like in the PS2 version.

Edit mode. WHAT THE F*** HAPPENED TO THE KITS?! THEY WERE AMAZING. I refuse to make my own ML team because the kit choices are crap. I loved the hundreds and thousands of possible combinations we could have.

I think that's the end of my rant, but I'll be back soon probably with more.

Thing is everytime you fancy a bit of pes you forget about these bugs and problems n think well its not so bad but EVERY SINGLE TIME you play and about three of these bugs happens per match. Goalkeepers shocking defense is shit, opponents free kick goes in, Mcshefree goes thorugh my entire defense even tho ive got four players around him and pressing x frantically, the cut back tap in/goalkeeper parry etc. The more you play this game the more you realise its one dimensional. Feels more like fifa 04 than pes. More i play it more i hate it. I didnt get this feeling with any other pes even pes1. Ive quit more matches cos im pissed off than ive done totally with all the other pes games.

Everyones complaints are the same aswell which shows its a universal problem and KONAMI will have realised these problems too. EVERY one better be fixed by next version and about a million kit and edit options better be available. Only 10 months to go!

UPDATED!!!!

Personal :
Quaresma should do all the tricks that C. Ronaldo can do, and a trick-stick button for keyboard(like in fifa, when you press shift and do the 360 with arrows), so i don't have to bind the right stick somewhere, because it is cr'p.
And of course the defence of you own team sucks, and the referee doesn't give a foul if the computer dives but even if i dive randomly, it gives a yellow. Ref also gives away yellows ata tackle where it touch the ball before the opponent. And the half starts/game ends almost always when i have a super counter attack or something. Why is the sprint/dash button the same with lob shot button? Always when i have a great chance i am holding the dash button and the attacker or who ever f***ing lobs it just into the hands of the keeper.

Last edited:

um fix the inability to choose your kit in every game mode except exhibition.

Speaks a lot abt Konami's QA.

Personally:

You guys forgot:

* Your player runs are ridiculous. They claimed that your players would be smarter..They also claimed to be realistic. Is it realistic that:
- Your teammates (forwards) run TOWARDS you and bring 10 defenders with them instead of running AWAY from you to create space.
- Your teammates are always behind you WHEN YOU BREAK out and you have to wait till they catch up. Even when you set them up in front of with with the "Set Formation Edit" option.
* WHY DO YOUR TEAMMATES HANG AROUND INSIDE THE AI'S BOX AND BLOCK THE MAJORITY OF YOU SHOTS INSTEAD OF CREATING SPACE FOR YOU TO SHOOT :colours::spid::puke:
* When your running towards the AI's goal and you see a teammate setting himself up in the distance and you give a through ball pass, this pass always gets closer to the keeper instead of your teammate..EVENTHOUGH YOUR PRESSED YOUR JOYSTICK IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!
* Extra time is in favour of the AI. When the extra time is 1 min and the ball is in their possesion they easily play 4-5 minutes and as soon as you retrieve the ball is over and out.
* In extra time referee whistles for the end of the game when your near the AI's box and your on your way to score. Usually this happens when the AI is in front or the game is a draw.
( I checked this a couple of times to be sure and this is not a coincidence )
* The replay becomes unavailable when the ball goes out of possesion to hide the AI's cheats.
* Why is there NO TRANSFER OPTION with the normal league's
* WHY CAN'T THEY CREATE GOOD IMAGES FOR FANS INSTEAD OF THESE CARDBOARD,PIXALATED,DUPLICATED,INAUDABLE CHANTING BULLSHIT IMAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
* The last 15 minutes of each game are ridiculous..The computer pulls all the dirty tricks in the book to gain possesion of the ball..even if they are behind 5 goals.

ps check my name that's what I thinkof these paid reviewers that tricked me into buying this garbage

Last edited:

i believe $eaba$$ hired cheaper staff for this version so he can stack up his japaneese millions, bet evo members can do better job creating a game from scratch then this piece of shit

why the fuck when u are playing witn Man utd does garyneville come right over to the left wing to receive the ball from a throw in, same with giggs and ronaldo they come all the the way to the other side of the pitch to receive a stupid throw in.
Pro Evo2008 is best yet, its just the online issues need sorting.

personal complaint:
the changes in the engine and in the moves of the players especially while shooting are getting worse with every new version of the game, and the keepers moves are the worst ever in peshistory, seems like a spastican!

PES2008 is blatant cheap profiteering. Lazy, lacking in playability compared to previous versions and the online mode is an absolute joke. Where's the free chat gone? What's the deal with the stock phrases that are frankly ridiculous, communication is vital to online play.

update stuff i havnt mentioned-

-the stupid random own team computer slide tackle. The cause of half of my cards and penalties when the opponent is about to shoot and a random defender goes to block the shot even if hes behind the player and no where near the ball and cuases a foul or penalty.

-we all know the long passing is almost rendered useless but the short passing is bad aswell. Sometimes it does the random slow pass for no reason at all which is easily intercepted. its so fifa 04 like its untrue.

- the direction of passing is annoying at times especially in the opponents 3rd. its like theyve programmed it so you cant just press through ball to get past the opponents back 4 making the game too easy. they could have programmed the back four better but instead have taken the easy option and programmed bad passing.

-control. too bad and too good at times. sometimes the ball goes about 3 yards infront of the player and with reduced grass friction takes about 2 seconds to get to which is often intecepted. sometimes its too good for examples i hit a ronaldo fast free kick right at the keeper who palmed it to the defecnders chest (almost too fast to see) about 1 yard from goal who nonchalantely chested it and kicked it out for a throwing in 1 movement! it just looks stupid and cartoony.

-responses when finished animations. when animations such as a trip or a keeper slide save (which the keeper does sumtimes and dives under the ball if its bouncing which is again badly programmed!!!) happen the player takes about a second to two seconds to start reacting to play. in reality if a keeper dives on the floor hes up and ready to save again. ITS PATHETIC PROGRAMMING.

-pathetic free kick wall. Has anyone had a very close free kick basically touching the box and the wall so far to one side you can easily shoot at the centre of the goal. its absolutely pathetic. one and a half men of the wall are just useless. was konami on drugs when it chose to do things like this. pes1 didnt have this! so why is such a silly error in this version.

-weve mentioned opponents free kick ability is too high but ive recorded some players free kick accuracy whos scored. 78 free kick acc and 73 curling has scored first time. a 72 fk acc and 75 curling also. plus more that i dnt know the fk acc and numerous post and cross bar hittings. did konami test this game!?

i kno im writing a lot about this game but its the only way of calming me down after playing it and making me feel better other than hitting the wall. its so fin annoyin at times.

you lot play this game too much. I turn this on for 10 minutes and just cant bear to continue.

1)NO 2v2 PLAY
2The stupid countdown on online play - so some troll who you dont want to play enters your room. If you dont leave your own room witihn 45 seconds you get tied into a game with them. It will also undoubtedly be a barrier to point 1.
3)LAG LAG LAG..
4)Where have groups gone?
5)Where has friends list gone?
6)Why no in game chat?
7)Why no in game binds?
8)Do they actually care?
9)Why not simply improve PES 6 with better graphics and improve game engine in places, than mess around to create something totally unworthy of the PES name.

right just played my last game. thats it! of all the complaints ive given and the ones on this forum the worst is the AI of ur team. its beyond a joke bad and ive finally had enough. its EVERY single game my defence costs me goals. the defenders never track runs EVER...EVER. All the players jog in stupid directions leaving gaps. Every time the full back of the opposition gets the ball and my wingers trying to tackle him, my full back starts to sprint towards him leaving their winger free. EVERYTIME!!!!!!!! this happens in the defence aswell as you all know. ive had enough. its not good for my health. one of the worst games ever.

does anyone know where to get the latest pes6 option file and kitserver?

shots always goes out side near the bars even if u 1 on 1 with the best strikers like ronaldo,eto`o,henry,ronney,drogba or between the keepers hand or legs when he fall not relastic at all !! and if you shoot from out side always wide or in the center of the goal !! so the keeper will catch it or keep it out shame and about the A.I and cheatting it started from PES6 the deffenders always got the ball from your best players with out a foul and so easy and you cant get it back even if you play with Nesta and trying to get the ball from raul !! or and poor balanced player

P.s: Come On KONAMI STOP give ARSENAL underrated States its the best team for this season and full of stars need more states

also Lob shots are very very very PooooooooooooooooR so remove it i dont know why konami keeps it ,, A.I Can curve the Ball with free kicks as he likes and you cant even with Beckham ,, A.I will go though your deffenders with his super man Body balance so easy , C.kick very sick always cleared by the CPU ,, and alot more !!

The only way konami will listen is that people stop buying it, or take it back to shop. They have completly ruined it, why the hell does it lag so much COD4 doesnt at all and thats a hell of alot more detailed.

The only way konami will listen is that people stop buying it, or take it back to shop. They have completly ruined it, why the hell does it lag so much COD4 doesnt at all and thats a hell of alot more detailed.

Agree... Lucky me I didn´t buyed it...:D

personal complain: I would ´ve been very happy (and I´m sure others too)...(many many others...) if they would only improved PES6 gameplay and fixed errors on it. Then who cares about next-gen graphics if you can have bootserver, etc, etc, etc, with the quality work from people like Mystiq and others. Now, because of "The great" Seabass we have lost editors like Juce and others...:(. I don´t change one Juce with one Kitserver 6.5 for a thousand Seabass with a thousand "next-gen´s PES".
I got a rhyme for you all...Seabass can kiss my next-gen ass.

ps: to all of you complaining about online games...c´mon! Haven´t you played offline games? how did you ever expected for they to have ready online when they couldn´t even get it to work decently offline... just go and change your PES2008 for a Tetris or something, then you´ll get less frustated..

Sorry for the off-topic, but every time I read about all the flaws in this game I just go nuts...:mad:

My only complaint is that this game is big shit, Fuck u Konami.

worst animations ever seen on a pro evolution game...thats my biggest complaint

in response to free kicks being poor even with the likes of beckham - IMPROVE THEIR STATS FFS!!!!

Two things.

The A.I is terrible, absoloutely woeful for next gen and Teamvision is a lie, it just doesnt exist - at all.

Also the cpu never hits high shots!!! Only low ones form outside of the area, never a high shot!

Factual

-The game has rather bad AI
-It needs excellent requirements to do game that has as impressive graphics as FIFA 07 on XBox1...
-Online mode is just.. no.

Personal

-The music is god awful, seriously
-Stop removing options that have already been in past games... whats the point?

Highlights

-Setting up 360 Controller/Wireless Adaptor is incredibly easy for this game, for a game like this that is surely a plus. (To the person who said keep PS2 button layout, this is the 360 version of the game pretty much, and there is the 360 Controller For Windows, where as PS2 needs adaptors etc.)

-the field/terrain/grass looks worse than previous editions, it looks plastic and 2D
-The replay function has been ruined, where are the rotating cameras????
-The players and the ball look better but they are a step back to realism,
they look like they are made of plastic.
Instead of bright colors, next time opt for photorealism!

-The refs are really awful this time, they favor so much the IQ, in both attack and defense, Refs abuse the fouls at every player contact and let the AI get away, even with a murderous tackle from behind that never touched the ball!! The AI never gets a red card, NEVER!!
-The marking is really bad, when pressing the mark button (pass) the defender some times moves away from the enemy attacker, they never intercept him and they do not obey to any directions. They tend to move behind him, even when the positioning is 100% perfect
-The selection of the defender still sux,THIS is the most annoying bug in the series!
All of the times the closest defender is selected and even if you try to manually select a defender than is deeper and can make the interception, he will not become selectable!
ONLY the players that are far behind from our posts and enemy attacker, are selectable no matter how many times you press the change player button!
The AI however is able to control every player, while we have to catch up enemy midfielders with our attackers instead of our defenders...
-Set pieces are really unrealistic and pay too little attention to player's efforts. FK kicks impossible to score with non top players.
Corner kicks are heavily buggy, even with excellent positioning and perfect sync, an AI Attacker always finds his way in, through 2-3 taller CBs. If the AI decides to score no matter what, it will be a cross and header.
-AI keepers are 2-3 X times better than player's keepers, even if they dont use the keeper button and do not affect their game.
-Perfectly synced tackles that hit the ball first and then the player, are considered fouls!!! Ensured by the sound of the ball and slow mo replays.

Last edited:

my message is simple - I just want a game that is challenging and DOESN'T F**KING CHEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PES 5 IS THE BEST FOR GAMEPLAY, PITCHES AND COMMENTARY CRAP!

PES5 is the best but NOBODY MAKE KITS....

Back
Top Bottom