The OFFICIAL PES2008 (PC) Complaint Letter To Konami Thread (PLEASE READ FIRST POST)

Re: The OFFICIAL PES2008 (PC) Complaint Letter To Konami Thread (PLEASE READ FIRST PO

in response to free kicks being poor even with the likes of beckham - IMPROVE THEIR STATS FFS!!!!

Not a valid solution mate. The stats are designed to be relative to every other player in the game. How successful KONAMI are to judge those stats could be debated, but it's not really a valid solution to go around changing stats arbitrarily. Also doesn't help online.

Besides, we shouldn't have to cover design flaws from KONAMI (who shouldn't have made these types of mistakes to begin with, you'd think after so many years designing games they would have gotten a feel for it...). ;)

Re: The OFFICIAL PES2008 (PC) Complaint Letter To Konami Thread (PLEASE READ FIRST PO

my message is simple - I just want a game that is challenging and DOESN'T F**KING CHEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PES 5 IS THE BEST FOR GAMEPLAY, PITCHES AND COMMENTARY CRAP!
PES 5 isnt the best for Gameplay.... I found PES5 so darn awkward its untrue!

PES6 was the best for me. With the exception of the balooning over the bar!

It is your opinion.... PES5 is the best !!!!!!!!

PES 5 isnt the best for Gameplay.... I found PES5 so darn awkward its untrue!

PES6 was the best for me. With the exception of the balooning over the bar!

PES6 had some things better than PES5, but the faults were in such areas where I couldn't stand them (passing, shooting, game speed much too fast, goalkeepers during FKs terribly quick etc).

FACTUAL:

-> Stamina system is very unrealistic. Watch 5 consecutives games of any team in the world, they probably will be with the same formation, if not, it's because someone is injured or very, i mean very, tired.
-> FPS drop in offline game.
-> Enemy teams in the ML are always with their titular team. They don't enter in the fatigue system.

PERSONAL:

-> Players injured to few.
-> Players status is unrealistic. Good players appears with ridiculous status just beacause they don't are famous. Take a look in the status system of Football Maneger, for exemple, and you know what i'm talking about.
-> No editing of licenced teams in edit mode.

Personal:
- Get back the untucked shirts in edit mode to select
- Get back the tape on fingers
- Get back those collars (i don't know what they are called), the ones that Totti and Kaka for example, wear in winter
- Implement different measures in wristbands, as some players like Adriano have longer wrsitbands, like the ones Tennis players use.
- Implement different measures in the Tapes, not just Y/N, cuz for example Etoo has got some bigger Tapes that go from the boot to the place where the ordinary Konami tapes get.
- Implement a type of free kick in wich you can center the ball to the box, and actually have your players waiting for it, not like now, That always your players area outside the box and whenever you cross the ball, they never reach it.
- Implement a change of arms in the captains arm band, cuz some players dont use they're arm bands in the right arm or left, i mean, not according their strong foot, as Konami suggests.
- Get real currency for the ML
- Get the Bundesliga liscense instead of the shitty dutch league.
- Get more boots to select, or at least leave some empty slots for us to make them.
- Better and liscensed balls.
- Get back the Fixed cam.
- Get back the Player cam.
- Improve GK's (i think i shouldn't have even wrote this as evreyone has already)
- Get back the international challenge mode (or however it was called), you know, that mode where you selected a national team and called up players of your choice to play the play-offs on road to the world cup, that mode was awesome.
- Get back that mode we had in PES 6, in which you selected a league or a continent or 2,3,4 teams and the CPU mixed them up and you got your team.
- Fix the Stamina issue in ML and Leagues.
- Get more goal celebrations, like the ones C. Ronaldo make, with all those facial gestures that make people hate him.
- More Free kick types, cuz some top players free kick technique isn't accurate, like Riquelme among others.
- Get the Gk to actually pass the ball to all the defenders and not just the closest one.
- Get the GK to kick the ball where you actually indicate. (i know that also depends on the L pass Acc and stuff, but come on, i want it to the right and he kicks it to the left part of the pitch)
- Get the GK's injured once a while.
- Get some players to faint, black out after some aerial challenge.
- Chenge the running style of players, they look girly.

OK, if i remember more of it, i'll continue posting.
PS: I think there are some Factual complaints too, but they are too many now.
I'm From Argentina, so if some of these points aren't clear please let me know

Last edited:

PES 6, is the best!!!

Personal:

- Implement a type of free kick in wich you can center the ball to the box, and actually have your players waiting for it, not like now, That always your players area outside the box and whenever you cross the ball, they never reach it.

This is done because the defence hold a line on the 18 yard box - all teams do this, no-one wants to defend on top of their gk and allow attackers to be onside inside their box.

If your attackers start stood in the box they would be offside, you cant expect konami to make teams defend unrealistically deep to accommodate your poor crosses.

hold r2 when you cross to add more height to your freekick

yeah give us ability to add more boots, balls etc
add more trick's !!!!!!!!!! inside stepover, outside stepover and others that can be usefull not only this pathetic standard stepover ; ///

FUCK the motherfucking KONAMI bastard, fucking losers, repair that fucking lag you son of a bitches motherfucking IDIOTS.

Get rid of Robo Cop and make passes not blow when they're anywhere near the 18 yard line. Also, make through passes not useless unless the player is in fucking Guam.

seabass you must die

pes4 was the best...i wish for a pes4 with pes6 graphics

I dont see what everyone is complaining about. I know i'm gonna get flamed for this but oh well.

Ive been a FIFA fan until this year, when FIFA 08 was released and is exactly the same as FIFA07, so I tryed PES2008 and liked it. It has nice graphics and good gameplay. Nice presentation aswell. However, there are some things that need adjusting:

1. Players fatigue. Wtf. Chelsea have thier first team playing every match of the season. In this, after 1 game the fatigue level is half way down.

2. Proper money in ML as oppossed to points.

3. More player editing options. Under-sleeves, untucked shirt etc, rolled up sleeves etc.

4. Better freekick system.

5. Better passing. The ball hardly ever goes to the player I want it to.

6. Louder croud. Makes it more atmospheric. When I score a late winner, I want to know I scored a late winner. At the moment, I can score the winner in the last second of the world cup final and the commentator will say "Goal". in the same way he does when I score a consellation goal in a friendly.

2 KONAMI bastards

give me my money back and burn in hell with your "online" PES

Personal complaint : Fuck u and your fucking online.

Lol, why is everyone getting so eggy about this? I personally think its great, but it seems most people hate it, which is fine, its only opinions.

Just seems that in every thread there is someone swearing about it

alabama i dont expect everyone to hate it but most people do so it is overal a poor game in general but as long as u like it its cool and your opinion like you said but as well as you expecting people to respect your opinion, expect and listen to the negetives too

This yr , pes 2008 has improved on the graphics and animations.Most of the players look like their real life.

One thing for sure , the game really s*** ! ! !

Easy score for Top-player , can't except.
Too many long range shot and score , can't except
lagging off line,can't except
goalies making silly mistakes ,can't except
easy score for corners , heading,can't except
Too little licenses for EPL teams and no champship,can't except
teamvision, where's it ???can't except

All i want to say is pes 6 is much better,still playing it,i get bored after a few games playing 2008,i am sad to say that but last weekend i have play fifa on ps3 and it was much better than pes 2008,i never think that one day i like fifa more than pes 2008 but this happens now,actually i dont have ps3,just pc and fifa sucks on pc..anyway Konami this is your fault and you must smooth this problem,we dont want super high quality graphics,we want real soccer game just like pes 6 and 5,when we score infront of pc we go crazy in the room and say goalllllllllllllllll...

Factual
  • What happened to the camera angles ?
  • What happened to kit selection ?
  • How about introducing real money instead of those crappy points
  • Where are the untucked shirts ?
  • Also longer tape should be added to the accessories e.g. like that Adebayor, Torres, C.Ronaldo and Drogba put on.
  • Increase the number of boots available

Personal (All on top player)
  • The Goalkeepers are really really poor. They are like walls the way shots are repelled of them pinball style.
  • Any crappy player can score like a 99(shooting acc) player.
  • The CPU cheats with corners. I don't know whether its me but I can stop the CPU from scoring any other way but when they get a corner it's either an own goal or a very small player e.g. Shaun Wright Phillips comes in to head with 6ft defenders marking him.
  • Every player can dribble like Ronaldinho and the persistence to dribble is even more annoying. Too many solo runs. Surely this is not football. Even the goalkeepers for ****'s sake also persist and dribble.
  • Passes are too slow (been a problem since PES was created)
  • You can't cross a ball unless its from the byline. Crosses from anywhere else on the pitch are too heavy and 90% of the time will just run out or to the keeper. Also because the crosses are too heavy players tend to miss control them like 10m away from themselves. Which bring me to my next point.
  • The ball control in the game is very very poor.
  • The game has no respect for pace.
  • Then the CPU tends to run over players using physical strength and in the process someone like Ibrahimovic will carry like 2-3 players on his back while still running at full pace all the way to goal.
  • Through balls are too easy.
  • Again too much unnecessary/retarded dribbling (time wasting)
  • Cpu scores freekicks too easily. Go in 95% of the time.
  • Better faces please. Even those on PES6 were better
  • Too much pinball/tennis like characteristics of the play from corners. When the ball comes in from a corner it can bounce off 3-4 players before going in for an own goal.
  • Fatigue is nothing like the real thing.
  • Stats are way off. In the game Ljunberg > Fabregas. Also too many overrated players.
  • The game is too easy hence unrealistic score lines e.g. 11-0 all season
  • Players literally skate on the grass
  • Improper player physics. Look at the way they run.

1.Online with match rooms!
2.Slowdowns online and offline!
3.Game is too fast!
3.We want football game not arcadish!
4.GK what they do??!
5.ball looks like not realistic!
6.Player run to fast and not relistic too!!!!!
6.We want feel the game!! the same what was in Pes 6(old engine)!
7.We want normal ONLINE without LAG,LAG,LAG and slowdowns!!!

THX

4v4 online min,lol every one keeps stating its peoples opinions, but when every one in here has the same opinion,does that not tell you somehting?

and lol the lag, we should be allowed to sue you for that. a joke.

Online play is so bad .
If your opposition has bad connection or D/loads it gives him total advantage (cheats do prosper in pes2008)
Its a huge disadvantage to someone who pays out for a super fast connection and Top of the Range graphics card.

Could Konami somehow Disconnect from the cheating players end if their bandwith is reduced significantly ie: D/loading
Maybe im talking rubbish but they have to do something to stop the numerous Lag Cheats

Back
Top Bottom