The OFFICIAL PES2008 (PC) Complaint Letter To Konami Thread (PLEASE READ FIRST POST)

Chris Davies

Chief PESsimist
Staff
14 May 2003
UK
Tranmere Rovers
Right, it's been talked about a few times, and I've been given permission from the site owners to start it (I had to ask because I can just see the queue of people getting ready to hijack this thread - although if you are a moaner-hater, please read the first line of the next paragraph).

The idea of this thread is to reduce the off-topic and consistent moaning across all threads on the forum, and to provide a place for all complaints about the game to go. After sufficient complaints have been collected, I will put together a letter featuring them all, post it on here for suggestions of any changes to make to it, and finally it will be sent off to Konami. Whether they listen or not is another matter, but you have to try, don't you?

Please seperate your complaints into two categories:

Factual Complaint: Something that is wrong with the game and isn't down to personal opinion. An example of this would be that there was a pre-match shirt/shorts/socks selector a couple of years ago, then it was reduced to home/away kit selection only, and now you can't select kits at all. This is an unarguable complaint.

Personal Complaint: Something that you feel should be changed but isn't a matter of fact. An example of this would be that long shots are too easy to score now. Some people will agree but some will disagree, therefore it is not factual.

Please also specify what version of the game you are referring to: PC or ALL NEXT-GEN VERSIONS. But please note that the thread in this forum is for collecting PC issues.

Finally, please refrain from making suggestions and wishlists, as Konami have stated officially several times that THEY DO NOT ACCEPT THEM.

The letter (I should say "book", because it's going to be massive) will document both kinds of complaints for Konami to browse over at their leisure.

People who think this thread is a disgrace to Seabass or a waste of everybody's time, please keep your comments to yourself as this is a thread made to help everyone.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Re: The OFFICIAL PES2008 Complaint Letter To Konami Thread (PLEASE READ FIRST POST)

PC version:

Factual complaint:
- online slowdowns
- offline slowdowns
- unbalanced gameplay - see personal complaint
- too fast gameplay
- incredible scorelines because badly balanced game - maybe pitch is big too
- technically not perfect, lot of resolutions missing in settings, not able to play on high with 128 Mbyte Vram - though it plays well using Kitserver, few options to set up gfx.

Personal complaint:

Not balanced gameplay
- not challenging to score
- cpu free kicks went in 90 % - reality - top player
- too fast gameplay
- Where is teamvision ?
- stupid keepers and defenders (to low aggression)
- bad stamina usage (players get tired after two games)
- little build up play, it's a goal to goal attacking, not able to slow
down pace, hold the ball, pressure the opposition while defending - easy dribbling, 70 m dribbling fest on top player with top strikers against top defenders
- too easy to hit the goal
- etc. etc. etc. etc.

Re: The OFFICIAL PES2008 Complaint Letter To Konami Thread (PLEASE READ FIRST POST)

Version: PC (We are in the PC section of course :) )

Factual Complaint:

- Man marking problems - Sometimes, when I try to set a defender to man mark an attacker, it does not allow me to. This is a bug I think, as that same defender can mark another player, just not the one I set. For example, if Arsenal and Chelsea are playing, and I try to set Terry to man mark V. Persie, it will not let me, but I can set Terry to man mark anyone else, like G.Silva for example. Please fix this, as I set my central defenders to man mark the strikers in every game, and its annoying the hell out of me.

- Stuttering. My GFX card can handle 1024 x 768 with high detail level, based on the minimum and recommended specs. But the game judders, stutters, slowsdown, and everything under the sun. I now have to run the game at 800 x 600, on medium detail, and there are STILL all these problems. So, the problem must be the game.

- Lack of kit selection. Why? Give us the option of auto-kit select or not, like previous versions. Please bring it back.

Personal Complaint:

- Referees are ridiculously bad. The ratio of cards given for fouls by the player team compared to cards given for fouls to the COM team is just not acceptable.

- Replay system is now awful. It was previously perfect, so why change it? Its more like Fifa, thus making it awful. Simple is best, simple is what pro evo did, and that is the single reason why it was acclaimed as the best footie game around!

- Goalkeepers - MY GOD! They are awful!! BUT - only the player teams! The com keeper seems to hold around 70-80% of shots, but the player keeper is more like 40-50%. This is unacceptable, please please please, as a matter of urgency, fix this.

Last edited:

Personal: Cheating CPU AI which is blatantly obvious, Slow defenders catching fast strikers (been evident since ISS Pro) Edit mode just isnt deep enough. Robotic stiff movement having to use Super Cancel which I think is a joke. AI players on your team just not moving intelligently enough. Referees are shocking in PES 2008 Too many harsh Red Cards yet the CPU gets away with awful fouls on my players. Replays are awfully slow, the graphics arent anywhere near Next Gen. Keepers are fuckin awful, my gran could save more shots.

PC:

-Sometimes players don't know that the ball is coming to them and they don't stop it or make a good first touch; they just hit it!!

-Referees are giving yellow cards for free!

-There is a ball magnet outside the lines! The ball keeps rolling till it goes out and when it does, it magically stops! [Might be considered personal]

-Keepers need more knowledge! They have a lot of mistakes.

Last edited:

Factual (PC):
- Inability to save data if konami folder is in differnent drive than C:

Version PC

Factual Complaint:

tearing and some slowdowns

Personal complaints

Fix the Refs. They are awfull !!!! Sop many cards for me, none for the CPU. A steal of ball is foul for my player while CPU makes a harsh foul an dthe play goes on !

Somehow computer AI cheats. It's not realistic that every defender, even the slowest ones can catch up and steal the ball from every attacker.

There are periods in the game that I cannot steal the ball, no matter how hard I try. And I mean temas like Wisla or Dinamo Zagreb, while I play with Barcelona or Chelsea !!
I think that it is predefined that they are going to score !!!

Kits selection

Improve Master league and get at last lisence for EPL....

PC Version
Factual Complaint:
No community mode for recording the scores of all your matches against your mates. Why not have it in PC mode - we have friends too!

1. Improve goalkeepers
2. Stop buying licence for Dutch league!
3. Allow editing of licenced teams in edit mode!
4. Next year try finishing the game before selling it, i mean what do those 20 clubs on the last page mean?
5. Don't send them complaint letter - send them hate mail :lol:

Re: The OFFICIAL PES2008 (PC) Complaint Letter To Konami Thread (PLEASE READ FIRST PO

I am very dissapointed with pes2008, my main problem is the offline slowdowns, jurking screens, its not smooth and playable, my pc spec is 2G of ram,3.06ghz, nvidea geforce8500 and it still has slowdown problems! wat konami were thinking, i dont no. its just about playable on medium quality

Re: The OFFICIAL PES2008 (PC) Complaint Letter To Konami Thread (PLEASE READ FIRST PO

The only thing not already mentioned is how you can;t seem to pass from a free kick in your own half. The opponent always stands between your players and the ball, so you have to boot it up field.

I am very dissapointed with pes2008, my main problem is the offline slowdowns, jurking screens, its not smooth and playable, my pc spec is 2G of ram,3.06ghz, nvidea geforce8500 and it still has slowdown problems! wat konami were thinking, i dont no. its just about playable on medium quality

Well for your case, it's because your gfx is only a 8500...You shouldn't be expecting too much with that gfx card.

Anyways...

Factual complaint:
Online experience is poor.
Test the online server before releasing the game. Maybe can some beta testers to sign up. (Actualy PES Players from around the world to test them beforehand)

At times the game runs too fast like cheetah during online play.

No lobbies and tournaments SHAME!

I get red cards too much very unrealistic.

There is no Snow weather conditions.

Rain is bloody unrealistic it falls down straight towards the ground rather then falling more diagnally.

There is a BIG grammetical error in online play saying "WAITING FOR ANOTHER PLAYER" when its supposed to be Waiting for the other player.

Being the goal keeper during penalties is very uuncomfortable due to the camera position you are in and its too zoomed.

Due to lag during online I see goals but I don't see the ball being kicked its like the ball is magically kicked without seeing the foot touching the ball.

Spelling mistakes in teams lineup with Germany and Bulgaria+ many others.

No commentary on the bulgarian footballers, not even on Berbatov!

There is no Emerson in Brazil, nor there isn't sebastien Leto for Liverpool!!!
Ole Gunner Solkjaer still in Man utd when he has already retired!!!

Cant even play it. It just freezes every time i load it up and crashes my computer.

Emerson is not in the Brazilian team anymore.

Well in the spooky transfer patch for pes 6 theres emerson. And even in the last international match when Brazil thumped Chile 4-0 I saw emerson play and it wasn't that long ago just a few months before.

Factual complaint: Konami can suck my balls.

My initial reaction to this games is "Where has PES gone".

If I wanted a FIFA clone ported from the XBOX I would have bought FIFA on the XBOX.

My only hope is that the community keeps PES6 alive with its Kitserver graphic patches etc because I think Konami have sold out and just put out a mass-market FIFA copy :(

I don't even want to play it anymore to find out if stuff in the other posts is present!!!!!!!!!

LONG LIVE PES6

Defense is awful. Football is not all about scoring even among brazilians!!! Please IMPROVE MARKING, TACKLING AND DEFENSIVE POSITIONING. This can't be possible... even FIFA 2008 seems to have better defensive AI than PES... that's a shame...

My initial reaction to this games is "Where has PES gone".

If I wanted a FIFA clone ported from the XBOX I would have bought FIFA on the XBOX.

My only hope is that the community keeps PES6 alive with its Kitserver graphic patches etc because I think Konami have sold out and just put out a mass-market FIFA copy :(

I don't even want to play it anymore to find out if stuff in the other posts is present!!!!!!!!!

LONG LIVE PES6

NO man you need a new computer since i can see your a member of this forum since september 2004 your computer is extremely old for a next-gen pc game :lol:
If your computer was new you would've been happier with pes 2008 but since your computer can run pes 6 but not pes 7 then its old. you need to buy a new one or upgrade RAM and GRAPHIC CARD.

Factual Complaints:
· Goalkeeper balls. They certainly do not catch balls that they should. And the bouncing, and the sloppyness...
· Referee judgement. I've got red cards for fauls that the CPU-controlled teammates have committed in the middle of the pitch, not even on a last defender situation.
· Some semi-transparent hairs (very short hair) look buggy on certain graphic cards (such as mine, R9550).

Personal Complaints:
· Go back to PES models instead of FIFA's fat players with longer shorts. Sharper graphics and more detailed models have always been a characteristic of PES over FIFA's blurry models.
· Player Names on Formation screen are smaller than in previous versions, and it doesn't seem compensated by the all-caps thing. PES6 size was fine/better.
· Personally I feel that the ball is too "loose" all the time. You have less sense of control than in PES6.
· Improve through passing. Feels too slow. Accuracy is good though, less random than in previous versions.
· Better commentary for all languages, especially English and Spanish. Including Portuguese would be a good addition as well (if they were from Brazil or course).
· Crowd sounds are too plain.
· DELETE Simple settings.

Positive Improvements and Additions:
· Penalty Kicks. Very original. Maybe the kicker's view should be less closer though. And slowing the actions down would make them even better (f.i. the shoots look too fast, making the PK have no "presence").

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Last edited:

FACTUAL COMPLAINT
- Vista support? Won't recognise my Q6600, 4 gb ram and 8800GTX - so says I do not meet minimum requirements!!

PERSONAL COMPLAINT
- Bring back the PES 6 lobby system
- Bring back spectator mode
- Bring back the in-game chat messaging and editing of phrases

Factual Complaint
Lots of Shearing
Goalkeepers not at same level as rest of team

Factual complaint
When taking a corner I have had players running in to the net while tryin to head the ball in, and getting stuck in the back of the net untill the end of the half. Very poor to release the game with such a bug.
Game performance is poor online
Online gaming is too basic
Hardly any difference from the last PES

Personal Complaint
Lack of premiership license makes game less realistic and enjoyable
Seems very difficult to score, but AI has no problems
Harsh Refs
Lack of graphics options really annoys me

!
PERSONAL COMPLAINT
- Bring back the PES 6 lobby system
- Bring back spectator mode
- Bring back the in-game chat messaging and editing of phrases

Completly agree. Online mode has been stripped of everything, it's so poor.

* No player camera (was so much fun in between -> fixed player + player cam)
* The Face Creation thing is absolute rubbish. What are people doing that have a beard on their chin?
* Goalies terrible - shot at middle of goal goes in pretty often
* no improvement for master league (if they have fake team names, why not make a realistic league system with a whole lot more teams??)

not to mention all the glitches and slowdowns. welcome to the past?

Factual Complaints:
* Enable the use of facial hair when we attempt to scan in other faces in the game.

* Untucked shirts should not be removed from a game that had them available in previous versions

* Improve keepers ability to catch the ball. (that's a fact)

* Re-introduce the players individual stats after the game which was in previous versions.

* Explain after all these years the criteria for the rating system. The longer the game time is the set, the lower the ratings tend to be.

NO man you need a new computer since i can see your a member of this forum since september 2004 your computer is extremely old for a next-gen pc game :lol:
If your computer was new you would've been happier with pes 2008 but since your computer can run pes 6 but not pes 7 then its old. you need to buy a new one or upgrade RAM and GRAPHIC CARD.

Moron!!!

Yes I have been a member since 2004, and have playing PRO EVO since before then and every year since, so have seen every game develop!

PC wise, my hardware is reguarly updated or replaced and my current setup is more than up to the task graphically and memory wise etc. I didn't say I couldn't run it, I said I won't play it!

This thread isn't about who's prick is the biggest, but compliants about the crap Konami have given us graphically, gameplay and AI wise. What are those stupid looking FIFA model players doing in this game?

Don't forget, most of us patch this game and improve the graphics etc...how many can say they play the game as released by Konami...but this is forgiven due to gameplay. Now this is gone so it's just another hyped annual roll-out.

I preferred it when this game was played by the niche market and left everyone else playing FIFA! Oh I see you have recently joined??????:lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom