The OFFICIAL PES2008 (PC) Complaint Letter To Konami Thread (PLEASE READ FIRST POST)

Re: The OFFICIAL PES2008 (PC) Complaint Letter To Konami Thread (PLEASE READ FIRST PO

...Players all seem to be deaf people (no disrespect), you hear them mumbling all kinds of sh** but their mouth dont even open...

Are you playing the game on medium/high settings? Because low setting are really crap in PES2008 and you won´t be able to get good/realistic impressions of the game that way...

Re: The OFFICIAL PES2008 (PC) Complaint Letter To Konami Thread (PLEASE READ FIRST PO

Mate, trust me, I have made this speech lots and lots of times. I know what I am talking about. ;)

The "Analog Passing" in PES (with the Right analog stick) isn't analog. you can adjust the power, but the directionality is still only 8-way.
Which means that I can either use the normal :x: passes, and have autoaim and no powerbar, or RAS Analog passing, and have passing bar but no autoaim. Saying the RAS passes are "analog" is a misrepresentation, because "analog" in this case implies "not digital", as in "more than 8 directions to aim in".

As for freekicks, I have spent probably 500+ hours striking freekicks in training in PES5. I am well familiar with the behavior of the freekick system.

Compared to PES5, which had very realistic responses to curl amounts and such, PES2008 had a much more bias towards topspin rather than sidespin. Without any curl control in the game, there will never be enough control, but atleast PES5 had a good balance between topspin and sidespin. Now the ball dips alot, but you don't have the same amount of sidecurl. WHich means that in PES5 it was possible to recreate some freekicks from the real-life players thanks to the realistic balance. But now, it's not possible to have a Ronaldinho freekick start traveling almost towards the middle of the goal, and having it bend off to the top corner. If you aim in the middle of the goal now, you might have 60% of the spin from PES5 (and that is after giving Ronaldinho 99 curl stat, when he had maybe 90 in PES with corrected stats).

You are right m8. I just checked it. Now I know. Sorry. Was my fault..

Are you playing the game on medium/high settings? Because low setting are really crap in PES2008 and you won´t be able to get good/realistic impressions of the game that way...

in close up , like when they "talking" to ref because they got booked, you see it

You are right m8. I just checked it. Now I know. Sorry. Was my fault..

Don't worry mate, I think I sounded "harsher" than necessary. I apologize aswell. Have heard the argument you made lots of times over a long period of time, so after a while you get tired of writing it. Though I certainly shouldn't take it all out on you, so I'm sorry too. :)

In PES 2008 ofcourse I was Brazil playing vs someone with France it was 1-1 1st half and 2nd half then it still remained 1-1 till 1st and 2nd half of extra time.

Then it went into a penalty shoot-out my opponent won 6-5 at the end but neither did he got awarded the win nor did his rating increase. Same with me, my rating was 543-543 it didn't change, his rating was lower then mine with a 448 how comes he didn't earn the rating points ???

THIS IS REDICULOUS what was the point of the whole penalty shootout if the rating won't change????? and at the end statistics will be counted as a draw, absolutely PATHETIC!!!!

Don't worry mate, I think I sounded "harsher" than necessary. I apologize aswell. Have heard the argument you made lots of times over a long period of time, so after a while you get tired of writing it. Though I certainly shouldn't take it all out on you, so I'm sorry too. :)

You big girls.... Have a fight like real men!

FACTS

PES needs Premiership license if it wants to beat FIFA. If it's "the greatest league in the world", then it needs more representation than Newcastle and Tottenham.

Goalies are useless, so many shots go through their legs or deflect off them into the goal.

WhyTF was strip selection removed???? I've had ML games where the teams are in almost matching kits.

The whole Online issue is a joke. How many other companies get it right first time, and Konami still can't do it.

Wrong line ups. Where's Joe Cole for England? And on a personal note, Kenny Miller for Derby? I know you can edit the teams, but when online is working, teams are defaulted.

Facts
1. Still no proper database with ability to create teams/leagues/stadiums/kits etc. Fixed slot madness...Besides the fancy graphics konami are still programming games in 1980's coin-op style.

2. Awfully unoptimised code which makes the game's framerate drop significantly. There seems to be some in particular some bug which makes the game freeze for half a second or so when the player misses a shooting chance.

3. Kit selection, camera angle and all those features that where there in previous iterations of the game and got removed for no apparent reason.

4. After 12 versions of the game you STILL can't watch a f*ing replay after the ball goes out. Today's computers and consoles can store the whole damn match in the replay!

5. No impovements in master league.

6. Still no home/away matches in Konami cup. Can't set up a champions league style tournament.

7. The game's settings are very poorly done. There should be more graphical options for such a graphically intense game.Also locking the resolutions to 1026 x 768 or so is horrid.

8. The game's clock is still based on frames. This a horrible programming practice for a multi-platform game. For the PC gamer this means that they have to run the game at 60Hz, unexeptable for CRT owners. A huge side-effect is that to cope with lag by having the game react slower to messages (probably interpolating the data) they HAD to decrease the framerate (cause the game has no internal clock). Another side effect is that enabling v-sync and refresh rates other than 60 Hz the game runs slower or faster.

Personal
1. The computer AI is too aggressive. The opposition 2 CFs apply presure on my CBs the whole 90 mins.

2. The teammates positions and movement of the ball is bad. The midfielders always move up so there's noone to pass to in the center. The Forwards always seem to group up, either to far or to close the player with the ball. In general the teammates are 90% consumed on running in space leaving noone open for a near pass.

3. Points 1 and 2 combined make build up play tedious as you always have to dribble in circles trying to find someone to pass to. Most of the time it ends up to a through ball to the wings or the box. Because of the AI's aggressives the opposition's defense creates huge gaps most of the time.

4. GKs parry a lot of easy shots. Moreover they seem to parry a lot of them into their one net from obscure angles. They also seem to allow a lot of goals from the side of they goal they cover.

5. Referees give out red cards too easy for insignificant challenges.

6. The ball is too loose. I seem to score a lot of goals stealing the ball from the opposition CBs. I also seem to lose the ball easily to opponent forwards some time, without being able to react. This combined with the AI's aggression creates a lot of cases where the AI knocks me off with the ref letting them go with the ball.

7. The referee's "errors" seem random. Clear fouls are not given and the amount of wrongly called throwins is huge.

That's all I can think of right now. Seems the game was rushed out the window. I personally could care less about faces and "next-gen" graphics. The gameplay on this one, along with all the bugs and unoptimised code make it very bad compared to the previous version. Shame on Konami...

God Konami. I have downloaded the damn patch but I am still unable to save anything. The problem is I am playing with a PS 2 joypad from the start. I have no idea what to do. I can't save anything. The virtual joystick trcik doesn't work for me. Has anyone else had this problem. I am using bigbens conversion box and playind with Dual Shock 2.

yeah, fix pes 2008. untill you do, I m sticking with 6.

Factual complain:
In ML, your default players are always have huge fatigue after one match, most of them cant play 2 consecutive matches, this isn't the worst problem however. The worst problem is that computer doesn't seem to have any fatigue, ever. So there should be chance to remove accumulative fatigue in ML (like it is in Cups) or make it affect to other teams too. (sorry if this was mentioned already)
If i'm not wrong, there isn't average rating for YOUR OWN team players in ML anymore, you can see other teams players average rating though.

Personal:
Goalkeepers for sure, they are just too stupid to catch (or even save/punch) high balls.
World class players seems to be too close to gods, without better AI for defenders and/or keepers, there will be too many goals in matches.

Factual Complaints

1. Where is the indicator which points out the direction where the selected player is who are not in current screen? Should I always look carefully the radar?

2. Player who scored or assisted Display. in PES6, if you call a menu, you can see the list. I thought it is quite convenient. But now where is it?

3. Replay Rewind Hotkey - in older version, a hot key was assigned to a rewind to the starting point, But it seems to be removed in PES 2008.
With much longer replay, the necessity of this function is far higher.

4. More slot for custom team- like other league C.

I realized that KONAMI couldn't afford to add teams as many as possible. So at least, KONAMI can leave it to users. Though KONAMI can do it, they didn't.

Factual:
- it doesn't save anything
- graphics problem, I have 2 7300GT cards running on SLI and still I can't get good fps out of this game. and the only refresh rate I get is 65hz!

Personal:
- crazy fast game speed
- bad graphics (it's supposed to be nextgen)
- FIFA-like gameplay
- the ball is no more free, it sometimes even sticks to players' feet
- auto sidesteps again
- player movements are like they move on rails
- robotic animations
- nightmare keepers
- no rain effects as promised
- ball physics are way far from reality (was much better in PES 6 except for ball gravity)
- too fast volleys

stupid AI..pacy strikers with good balance can easily run the entire defence..

Complaint letter ? Since the first day I picked up PS1 version of ISS and had to struggle to get a decent emulator to play it properly on a PC, till playing PES6 into the wee hours of the morning a few weeks ago, I knew I was addicted to a drug so good it had me punching the air when I scored.
But somehow the drug dealer Konami has changed it. With PES 2008 I get no more highs. In fact, I'm having to force myself to play it, I don't delight in scoring anymore, in fact, some of the goals are just embarrassing, defending seems pointless when your players just stumble for no reason and let the attackers through, or the player switching keeps taking your players out of the defence.
I thought at first if I play long enough I will start to like it. Well, into my 2nd season of ML and still get no enjoyment out of it.

So should I complain, or thank Konami for breaking my addiction ? I'm off to play TF2, and maybe reinstall PES6 again?

Factual

¤ Collision detection is awful
¤ Slippery floors to much sliding
¤ Silly running animations
¤ You can now score very easily from in your own half
¤ Long-high balls move to fast and they are hardly above a players head
¤ We read in so many magazines previews that the edit mode was massive, more like massively reduced.
¤ 15 stadiums (what more do I have to say)
¤ Why is the game so fast mabye they wanted to have another feature dropped....(double speed)

Complaint letter ? Since the first day I picked up PS1 version of ISS and had to struggle to get a decent emulator to play it properly on a PC, till playing PES6 into the wee hours of the morning a few weeks ago, I knew I was addicted to a drug so good it had me punching the air when I scored.
But somehow the drug dealer Konami has changed it. With PES 2008 I get no more highs. In fact, I'm having to force myself to play it, I don't delight in scoring anymore, in fact, some of the goals are just embarrassing, defending seems pointless when your players just stumble for no reason and let the attackers through, or the player switching keeps taking your players out of the defence.
I thought at first if I play long enough I will start to like it. Well, into my 2nd season of ML and still get no enjoyment out of it.

So should I complain, or thank Konami for breaking my addiction ? I'm off to play TF2, and maybe reinstall PES6 again?

I know how to get high again. Get some weed at the coffeeshop, reinstall pes 6, donwload a new option file aand play for another year.

Will people ever stop moaning? You people always have to be complaining about something...

Will people ever stop moaning? You people always have to be complaining about something...

Did you not read the thread title? Berk.

Lol, yes, how very dare everybody complain, be quiet and be happy that you were allowed to donate another £20 to Konami this year, be glad that you received something in return, no matter how bad it is.

Factual:
I want to be able to listen to all the songs availible while online. For god's sake it's the same 2 songs since PES 5 playing when entering network. For 2 years!!!! In the place I spend basically all the time when I paly PES. I cant stand them anymore. I can chose 60 songs for SP but can't change mp music???

Just make a solution for wide-cam slowdowns. It's really boring. All other things can be solved on other versions but we just want to play a clear PES 2008.

Factual:

1) CPU Cheating on Top Player (You can't get near and make a tackle! Invisible barrier)
2) Where the hell are the full licenses yet, you must have enough money by now?
3) Teamvison is not evident
4) Not enough stadiums
5) Change the commentary for christ sake! When shooting and a near miss, absolutly nothing is said! Also include team callnames and players who's names are shouted as they have scored in the next version please.
6) The throw in invisible wall needs to be gotten rid of.
7) Refs too strict Red or Yellow for every sliding tackle
8) Penalty angle is stupid
9) CPU Freekick outside box nearly always goes in
10) Laggy online play!

God I'll stop there I could go on all day

KONAMI! Listen to your customers please!

You are showing lack of ambition to say the least, and when EA finally take the PC version to the next level you may be left in the bargain bin unless you sort it out!

That is of course that EA make a better attempt than the Next gen and Current gen crap of this year, they need to pull there finger out too!

It really depresses me that when I started playing footie games back in the 90's i thought well imagine how good it could be in 10 years time!

The truth is it's gone backwards for both fifa and pes and they both should be ashamed for even asking money for these so called updated patches. EA need to recognise the PC gamers for once and provide us with the same latest engines (Well hopefully not the same engine as fifa 08 as that is shit on the 360).

Konami needs to go a long way now to either give us a super duper patch for pes2008 to fix these issues or when pes2009 is released those with the full copy of 2008 get a free copy of 2009.

We as the consumer need more power against these game companies as they don't seem to answer to nobody but themselves, and take our money without question.

They need to be held accountable of making promises that encourage us to purchase the game, only for us to find out they have lied, shouldn't this be against the trade description act?

WE HAVE THE POWER PEOPLE!

p.s i'm not a communist ;-)

Last edited:

Factual complaint:

1. Online do not work (still I cannot connect to any game and I tried everything)
2. Lobby missed, 2vs2 missed, Groups missed
3. No more selection of kits in league.
4. Keeper cannot cath the ball well
5. Weather animatio, snow is missing and rain is unacceptable
6. U can't do player1 vs player2 in cup\league mode if it's not your own teams!
u can't be the "cpu team" anymore

Personal complaint:

1. Players running like a train
2. Reffere give to many red cards.
3. Only 15 stadiums

"they say u gotta treat the ball as a friend"---------->how about that for commentary!!!???? surely one of the worst i've ever heard in a footie game.....this said...i played PES2008 last saturday, havent touched it since..am done with it, it jst sux...

Facts
1. Still no proper database with ability to create teams/leagues/stadiums/kits etc. Fixed slot madness...Besides the fancy graphics konami are still programming games in 1980's coin-op style.

2. Awfully unoptimised code which makes the game's framerate drop significantly. There seems to be some in particular some bug which makes the game freeze for half a second or so when the player misses a shooting chance.

3. Kit selection, camera angle and all those features that where there in previous iterations of the game and got removed for no apparent reason.

4. After 12 versions of the game you STILL can't watch a f*ing replay after the ball goes out. Today's computers and consoles can store the whole damn match in the replay!

5. No impovements in master league.

6. Still no home/away matches in Konami cup. Can't set up a champions league style tournament.

7. The game's settings are very poorly done. There should be more graphical options for such a graphically intense game.Also locking the resolutions to 1026 x 768 or so is horrid.

8. The game's clock is still based on frames. This a horrible programming practice for a multi-platform game. For the PC gamer this means that they have to run the game at 60Hz, unexeptable for CRT owners. A huge side-effect is that to cope with lag by having the game react slower to messages (probably interpolating the data) they HAD to decrease the framerate (cause the game has no internal clock). Another side effect is that enabling v-sync and refresh rates other than 60 Hz the game runs slower or faster.

Personal
1. The computer AI is too aggressive. The opposition 2 CFs apply presure on my CBs the whole 90 mins.

2. The teammates positions and movement of the ball is bad. The midfielders always move up so there's noone to pass to in the center. The Forwards always seem to group up, either to far or to close the player with the ball. In general the teammates are 90% consumed on running in space leaving noone open for a near pass.

3. Points 1 and 2 combined make build up play tedious as you always have to dribble in circles trying to find someone to pass to. Most of the time it ends up to a through ball to the wings or the box. Because of the AI's aggressives the opposition's defense creates huge gaps most of the time.

4. GKs parry a lot of easy shots. Moreover they seem to parry a lot of them into their one net from obscure angles. They also seem to allow a lot of goals from the side of they goal they cover.

5. Referees give out red cards too easy for insignificant challenges.

6. The ball is too loose. I seem to score a lot of goals stealing the ball from the opposition CBs. I also seem to lose the ball easily to opponent forwards some time, without being able to react. This combined with the AI's aggression creates a lot of cases where the AI knocks me off with the ref letting them go with the ball.

7. The referee's "errors" seem random. Clear fouls are not given and the amount of wrongly called throwins is huge.

That's all I can think of right now. Seems the game was rushed out the window. I personally could care less about faces and "next-gen" graphics. The gameplay on this one, along with all the bugs and unoptimised code make it very bad compared to the previous version. Shame on Konami...

Thats exactly why i reinstalled pes 6 again, gameplay....
Im so happy i didnt pay for that crap pes 2008

Believe me fellows...
AS MUCH AS your writting complaint letters, as much as MANY lads gathering and yelling to KONAMI "hey, THAT SUCKS!", do you REALLY expect they'll listen to you?
They'll do whatever they doing all the time...
I've worked in a such-a-company like this one and believe me, they just doing a large gallup poll in the streets or in communities (IN THE TARGET's GROUP communities, KID's places) and most of the time, a 75-80% is a fine result to make their product...

Not a complaint but a question:
How much did EA secretly pay you to make pes worse than fifa this year seabass ?

Ok we have established we don't like this years online mode.

Then why in gods name is pes6 empty all the time it's alright moaning but everyones simply abandoned pes6 already.

And when they kill pes6 servers which they can do now as far as i am concerned as it's always piratically empty anyway.

Thank god for football manager 2008 and call of duty 4 looks like my online football gaming is dead for the next year.

Factual:
Lack of camera options, particularly removal of the option to tilt the camera towards either goal.

Factual Complaint:
- always same referee team in Master League
- D2 master league night games too rare for player team
- substitution animation only occurs when the team is winning

Personal Complaint:
- almost all computer team games in Master League end with 0-0 or 1-0, making our team the worst defence and best attack.

Back
Top Bottom