The OFFICIAL PES2008 (PC) Complaint Letter To Konami Thread (PLEASE READ FIRST POST)

Re: The OFFICIAL PES2008 (PC) Complaint Letter To Konami Thread (PLEASE READ FIRST PO

1.No more selection of kits in league.
2.Goalkeepers cannot catch the ball well.
3.Does not auto load option file if u do not have a gamepad as controller1.
4.Com controlled defenders can get away with challenges.
5.It is possible 2 sprint from the sides 2 the penalty box 2 score.
6.The replay lags.
7.Com controlled players can score free kicks from far distance.
8.No more snow.
9.Shirts r not untucked.Cristiano Ronaldo with his shirt tucked in.:(
10.Master league is so much easier 2 play.
11.Some players get tired easily just by playing 2 matches.
12.Unrealistic awards like the 100 network matches award.Who will unlock that award when it is so hard 2 play online.
13.Subsitution scenes is not shown all the time.
14.Referee is too smart.Always getting booked 4 diving.Nowadays players can get away with diving in real life.
15.Gameplay is a bit similar 2 fifa 07.
16.They should get the license 4 the whole of premier league.
17.No more pes shop.
18.No more ball effect during replay.
19.Cannot select the starting points 4 master league.
20.Edit mode is now worse cannot even changed the emblems ingame.
Btw mine is pc version.

Re: The OFFICIAL PES2008 (PC) Complaint Letter To Konami Thread (PLEASE READ FIRST PO

PC version.

FACT

1. When you pursue a loose ball and the opposition player gets it, your player chasing pulls up and stops giving the opposition time to get clear.

2. When you run on to a loose ball, your player often halts as he receives it instead of just running on to it.

3. Free kicks. It is nearly impossible to pass the ball to one of your players. The opposition always stands in the way.

4. Corners. Your players are very reluctant to come short to receive a short corner.

5. No kit selection.

6. You can not edit licensed teams.

7. Keepers spill the ball far too much.

8. Far too many fouls from just applying pressure.

9. When the half-time or full-time whistle is due, the play always continues with the team attacking until an opposition player touches it or the ball passes into a certain pre-defined area of the pitch, often allowing the CPU to get a last minute goal. The whistle should be blown regardless when time is up unless an immediate goal scoring opportunity is present.

PERSONAL

1. There are periods in the game when it seems practically impossible to get the ball.

2. It is very hard to defend from corners.

3. Ref takes too long to blow the whistle to allow you to take a free-kick.

4. There should be an option to turn off replays. I don't want to keep hitting start to skip the replay after every shot.

5. Animations for some players running with the ball are horrendous. They look like they are running for the toilet trying to hold it in.

Last edited:

Lads, even if you gonna write and send them... "Cromwell" of Victor Hugo (meaning... long complaining letters), you're not gonna gain much.
If their staff's council wants something to do, they will do it!
This reminds me, the THUSANDS of signatures that been collected and send to HBO, about CANCELING the TV serial "Rome"!
NOTHING happen, "Rome" is "gone" for ever...

PC version.
[...]
PERSONAL
[...]
3. Ref takes too long to blow the whistle to allow you to take a free-kick.
[...]

Put that to Factual. It is absolutely annoying for everybody.

I have another issue:

When a Defender is chasing a strong Forward, like Cannavaro chases Adriano, Cannavaro will stumble and fall.. WTF? How often you see that in Real life. I havent seen that often!

PC Version

Factual Complaint
1. game is to fast. (it's not realistic)
2. u can't do player1 vs player2 in cup\league mode if it's not your own teams!
u can't be the "cpu team" anymore .. it's really stupid! (and this is something that konami can change in a minute..)
3. Goalkeepers can't grabe the ball! alwayes punching the ball, terrible gks;\

Personal Complaint
1.we want PES6 gameplay! not the robotic moves by the players :|
especially when you pass with "w" and the players move to the ball like in fifa :\
2. ball physics is terrible, it's like u allways play at rainy weather..

and exspet of the faces, what is the the huge change in the graphic? the only change that half of the people can't play this game without having super-comp .. very annoying..

Last edited:

Factual Complaint:

- ProEvoWeb community turned into a bunch of moaning girls. Please do something.

Most of the complains are because of:

-old hardware
-inability to accurately configure the game
-lack of skills which makes them complain cheating AI.
-lack of football knowledge which makes them complain about things that is absolutely accurate and realistic like defenders marking problems, referees or slow defenders catching some fast player.
-personal problems which makes them complain about same thing but in the opposite ways like "Seems very difficult to score" and "not challenging to score". I understand now why KONAMI don't listen to us, cause I can't imagine how they will solve this one.

Though there is some decent complains, but there is no perfect game and we still playing best football on this planet.

Is it possible to play online 2 vs 2? If it is possible, please tell me how

pc

why set the online game to 30fps??
to reduce lag but the game runs terrible at 30fps anyway???
they had it better for pes6? why take a step backwards?

PC Version

_No community mode recording the scores of your matches against your frinds.
_refrees judjment are not realistic.
_some times players do not control the ball they only touch it and change it's direction, that's strange!!
_replays control :no fast forward(:square:in pes 6) and cant make slower action(:triangle:in pes 6).
_it would be better if they make an advanced setup!:
*you can choose the crowd details(medium crowd in higt details)
*the line mans flags wich moove whith the medium config......
_many interferance problems:it's strange to see a player inside another one!!!

_the shooting system is very bad when you shoot from long distance its generaly a very weak shoot in the goal keepers hands!!!
_when you cross the ball it's generaly for the goal keeper or very far from your best player in the penalty area.

sorry for my english:mrgreen:

Last edited:

the best thing is to make a patch whith pes 6 game play.

Factual Complaint:
- Make serious AI and not the ball´s physics for COM so we can enjoy realistic gameplay against machine in some PES´s series.

Stardog's complaints on the PC version:

Factual Complaints

Players don't continue L1 one-two runs when they run into the back of a player.

Defence refuses to stay in a line. 1 player will run back 10m to play someone onside.

Decent COM players can run straight through your defence. This is not because I have a "lack of football skills". I pressure them (X), useless. I pressure them with teammate (SQUARE), useless. I stand off them, blocking off space and blocking passes to teammates, useless. Your defender refuses to stick his foot in for the ball even though the ball is 2 inches from his foot.

Horrible ball collision detection leading to throw-ins for the COM when it hit off the COM.

Players take too long to recover when stumbling through an opponent.
^ Also take too long to recover after making a successful sliding tackle, usually leading to CPU getting the ball before you.

Fixed Player Mode - AI ignores throw-ins.

COM can tackle the ball when they're behind you and not concede free-kicks at all, even going straight through your player's 3D model.

Passing power bar during free-kicks does nothing.

You can score from the half-way line with LONG PASS + R2:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5SqfV8iTtwc

Animation system makes players limbs move to IMPOSSIBLE angles to make their feet touch the ball. It usually happens with players legs and goalkeepers hands.

Shirts etc have a huge gap between the skin of about 3+ inches. It's either laziness, or untalented artists.

The graphics are not even close to being good enough to justify horrible perofrmance on medium settings. My PC can run Crysis with 50+ FPS all the time, but PES 2008 goes down to 30fps when there are a certain amount of players on the screen. It looks WORSE than PES6 on High, yet somehow runs worse.

Personal Complaints

GENERAL

Ref's give soft free-kicks.

Players often get red cards for tackles when they weren't that bad, and they weren't even the last man.

Unresponsive buttons (sometimes). Pass back to keeper then press LONG PASS instantly, game doesn't recognise it and the keeper controls it instead of kicking.

Players taking corners take too long to run back onside.

Give us back the PS2/3 controller for our button choices. More people know its layout than the 360's. The PS2 has sold over 120m compared with the 360's 12m. Stick to what you know Konami!

FREE KICKS

Ref takes AGES (ok, only a 3/4 seconds) to blow the whistle to take some free-kicks.

Turning can be slowwwww.

Passing midfield free-kicks is still useless as they usually goes to opponent as your players rarely get in a position to play a pass to them.

If COM is taking the free-kick they RARELY miss the target.

KEEPERS

Palm the ball too often on shots hit straight at them.

Too easy to score at their near-post.

Often won't throw/kick the ball from hands in the direction you press.

PASSING

The ball physics do not model realistic momentum. If you play a through ball it just keeps going and going... it barely slows down.

Players still run side-on to the ball when recieving through balls sometimes, which often means they'll watch the ball roll out of play. Coupled with the ball momentum above this can be more frustrating than in previous PES's. Using super-cancel shouldn't be the only way to solve this.

Long passes that spread play from side to side are far too fast when hit at a decent power. They're so fast that even the most talented players find them hard to control well. See this video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IINTj6kBh9w

SHOOTING

Miss easy sitters. Especially when in the box diagonally facing goal.

Similarly to above, when aiming for far-post, shots go wide too often, holding R2 or not.

Shots weak at times even when power bar is high.

When receving ball quickly from rebound or low cross, pressing shoot often doesn't do anything and your player tries to control it before shooting.

ANIMATIONS / GRAPHICS

There's a lot of clippng through the ground, ball, and other players. There's also a lot of ice skating going on when switching animations. Far more so than in PES6:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ibsu-dm3_jM

Running animations are quite cartoony and funny sometimes, as if they've motion captured the elephant man.

EDIT: How do we post Youtube vids without them embedding??

Last edited:

EDIT: How do we post Youtube vids without them embedding??
You paste the URL into tags. You can copy and paste this (delete the space before the equals sign to get it to work)... [url =YOUR URL HERE INCLUDING THE HTTP BIT]Text Link Here[/url]

Great videos, by the way. Nice to see some of the faults "close-up".

I had a player in position to recieve a dropping ball and the opposition players head went through my body and headed the ball away.

Another thing was a player trapped a ball with his head that was going at least a foot above it. Some kind of invisible hat i think.

I emailed Konami about player selection
Heres my email and reponse , what u think , do they give a s***?

Hi can you tell me why when u play a league in PES 2008 on the pc u dont have> a strip selection screen? twice already i have played a team with the same> colour of strip!!!> Do u not play test games? or u just starting to behave like EA and release> anything as long as it sells?

Dear customer, Thank you very much for contacting the Konami customer support team. As this email address is for Technical Support we regret that we are unable toassist you with your inquiry. We recommend you visit PES 2008 fan sites andboards to inform you about general game functions. Thank you very much for your understanding. Your Konami Support Team

Factual

1. Alot of shots, both Freekicks and normal shots, change curl direction in mid-air. There is no excuse for this being in-game, and it has never happened to me before in PES6 or previous games. In PES2008 PC is happens sometimes 50% of the shots in a match. Usually around 30% or so for me.

2. Similarly to the CPU throw-in bug, players sometimes freeze on the field and refuse to move for the ball until another player touches the ball to "defreeze" them.

3. Freekicks are generally too emphasized on topspin for my taste. Even players like Ronaldinho who often get lots of sidecurl in real life now almost only get topspin. Even putting the curl stat to 99 for them gives less sidecurl than real-life examples of their freekicks. Topspin can be good, but a choice for controlling how we want the player to curl (topspin for the ball quickly dipping down behind the wall, sidecurl for logner distances where we want to complicate things for the goalkeeper by making the ball curl more away from him, etc). To me a factual misrepresentation of reality.

4. When playing Fixed Cursor, it is impossible to pass and then immediately run quickly upfield. Passing with :x: causes the player to pause for a while to finish the pass animation, before slowly starting to run in the direction you want. Passing with L1 + :x: gives the appropriate response (player passing and then immediately after touching the ball starts sprinting upwards), but he is then uncontrollable even when Supercancelling, and you just have to wait for him to run offside for 10 meters before you regain control.

Subjective

1. Massively improved collision detection and animation technology. Currently some of the things happening are ridiculous. I am not expecting perfection, and a goalkeeper saving a ball even though it is 2cm from his glove can be acceptable. But 10cm from the glove is just absurd.

2. The usual, more control and functions. Analog passing so that we can aim ourselves, etc. Treat the game less as a game and more as a simulation and emulation of reality. Don't take liberties with physics or such for the sake of making things more "fun", because it just looks wrong when you apply it to a real-life sport (for example missile longpasses, it looks like a cartoon).

Last edited:

Factual Complaint -

Shirt untucking option in edit mode should not be taken out.

Editable club logos have gone.

Editable boots have gone.

Less stadiums than PS2 version, yet this is next-gen and can hold more data.

You can scan a low amount of faces but my PC can hold more than 100 gig of data.

The transfers were not up to date as you said they would be.

Keepers and players can run through the net and the stadium.

Personal Complaints -

The rain looks fake and stupid.

The referees don't book the CPU.

My defenders run where i don't want them to eg. three of my defenders run towards the same attacker.

The keepers are beyond poor.

The Master League is unrealistic as ever - please change it, don't just add a few pictures.

Still no stadium editor.

The music is beyond shocking as ever.

Too many features are being taken out, in my opinion, features should only be added.

Factual

1. Alot of shots, both Freekicks and normal shots, change curl direction in mid-air. There is no excuse for this being in-game, and it has never happened to me before in PES6 or previous games. In PES2008 PC is happens sometimes 50% of the shots in a match. Usually around 30% or so for me.

2. Similarly to the CPU throw-in bug, players sometimes freeze on the field and refuse to move for the ball until another player touches the ball to "defreeze" them.

3. Freekicks are generally too emphasized on topspin for my taste. Even players like Ronaldinho who often get lots of sidecurl in real life now almost only get topspin. Even putting the curl stat to 99 for them gives less sidecurl than real-life examples of their freekicks. Topspin can be good, but a choice for controlling how we want the player to curl (topspin for the ball quickly dipping down behind the wall, sidecurl for logner distances where we want to complicate things for the goalkeeper by making the ball curl more away from him, etc). To me a factual misrepresentation of reality.

4. When playing Fixed Cursor, it is impossible to pass and then immediately run quickly upfield. Passing with :x: causes the player to pause for a while to finish the pass animation, before slowly starting to run in the direction you want. Passing with L1 + :x: gives the appropriate response (player passing and then immediately after touching the ball starts sprinting upwards), but he is then uncontrollable even when Supercancelling, and you just have to wait for him to run offside for 10 meters before you regain control.

Subjective

1. Massively improved collision detection and animation technology. Currently some of the things happening are ridiculous. I am not expecting perfection, and a goalkeeper saving a ball even though it is 2cm from his glove can be acceptable. But 10cm from the glove is just absurd.

2. The usual, more control and functions. Analog passing so that we can aim ourselves, etc. Treat the game less as a game and more as a simulation and emulation of reality. Don't take liberties with physics or such for the sake of making things more "fun", because it just looks wrong when you apply it to a real-life sport (for example missile longpasses, it looks like a cartoon).

I also made a lot of criticism, but some users seem to make statements without knowing the game at all: Analog passing is there, it was also in PES6. Use the right analog to aim and set up strength and press R3 (the analog stick itself). You can even use L1 while passing so you have analog crossing too. Free kick system is also something to understand, in the official guide there is an explanation. You can download it for free at piggybackinteractive.com as a sample page. I'm too still moaning at the game a lot, but please make only statments, that you are sure of.

I also made a lot of criticism, but some users seem to make statements without knowing the game at all: Analog passing is there, it was also in PES6. Use the right analog to aim and set up strength and press R3 (the analog stick itself). You can even use L1 while passing so you have analog crossing too. Free kick system is also something to understand, in the official guide there is an explanation. You can download it for free at piggybackinteractive.com as a sample page. I'm too still moaning at the game a lot, but please make only statments, that you are sure of.

Mate, trust me, I have made this speech lots and lots of times. I know what I am talking about. ;)

The "Analog Passing" in PES (with the Right analog stick) isn't analog. you can adjust the power, but the directionality is still only 8-way.
Which means that I can either use the normal :x: passes, and have autoaim and no powerbar, or RAS Analog passing, and have passing bar but no autoaim. Saying the RAS passes are "analog" is a misrepresentation, because "analog" in this case implies "not digital", as in "more than 8 directions to aim in".

As for freekicks, I have spent probably 500+ hours striking freekicks in training in PES5. I am well familiar with the behavior of the freekick system.

Compared to PES5, which had very realistic responses to curl amounts and such, PES2008 had a much more bias towards topspin rather than sidespin. Without any curl control in the game, there will never be enough control, but atleast PES5 had a good balance between topspin and sidespin. Now the ball dips alot, but you don't have the same amount of sidecurl. WHich means that in PES5 it was possible to recreate some freekicks from the real-life players thanks to the realistic balance. But now, it's not possible to have a Ronaldinho freekick start traveling almost towards the middle of the goal, and having it bend off to the top corner. If you aim in the middle of the goal now, you might have 60% of the spin from PES5 (and that is after giving Ronaldinho 99 curl stat, when he had maybe 90 in PES with corrected stats).

Last edited:

but some users seem to make statements without knowing the game at all: Analog passing is there, it was also in PES6.

Dear oh dear oh dear.

Factual Complaint:

- ProEvoWeb community turned into a bunch of moaning girls. Please do something.

-old hardware
-lack of football knowledge which makes them complain about things that is absolutely accurate and realistic like defenders marking problems, referees or slow defenders catching some fast player.
-personal problems which makes them complain about same thing but in the opposite ways like "Seems very difficult to score" and "not challenging to score". I understand now why KONAMI don't listen to us, cause I can't imagine how they will solve this one.

Though there is some decent complains, but there is no perfect game and we still playing best football on this planet.

Konami are by no means blameless but there's a lot in what you say .

Dear oh dear oh dear.

I'll have to agree again. Sometiomes I wonder how others play the game. Am I the only one who actually watches replays closely, and spend my time really analysing the game mechanics. Because it would take a full 60 seconds to strike a couple of "manual" passes to notice how they seem to go in one of only 8 directions... FIFA is analog, I have no idea what resolution they have on their engine, but I would wager the full resolution of the gamepad which is something like 150+ directions along the 360 degrees of movement (my Logitech Rumblepad has the sameish resolution.
Also, :circle: longpasses are 8 directional with powerbar, and L1 + RAS longpasses are 8 directional with powerbar... So basically you have the same thing twice on 2 different locations. Makes no sense at all.

Even ISS98 had 20 something directions on a Nintendo64 pad. It's so poor.

Factual Complaint:

-old hardware

Hi Seabass!

_____

PC Version.

Personal Complaint.

All previously mentioned.

I've gone through the thread and just wish to add about the game/controller setup screen. Why have we now changed from the PS2 controller method to the XBox?

Simple was best which made Konami unique. You don't need to compete Konami as the title sells it self, please don't pursue the FIFA market, it will be your downfall.

Last edited:

Ok, tell me where I'm wrong.

By blanket accusing all the posters.

I don't give a toss about aesthetics or options or editing if the game itself is sound. With players able to head balls without touching them hardly seems sound.

Same with the keepers making saves without touching the ball. Pathetic.

Last edited:

Didn't I said that there is good complains? But it's also a lot of unjust accusations which does great damage and misdirect people making them get refund and switch to easy-going fifa rather then improve their skills or defending or attacking ability, because some noob saying that marking is bad, AI cheats, slow defenders always get them. Or game is laggy cause he can't uderstand how to improve system performance or just forget that his videocard hardly ran PES 3.

Factual:

- Players all seem to be deaf people (no disrespect), you hear them mumbling all kinds of sh** but their mouth dont even open.
- I already get frustrated when i start the game, all my buttons and sounds settings are to default again.
- Menus look futuristic and nice but r not as functional as in previous pes versions.
- When you shoot hard at goal from outside box, you wont even see it go in the net ( cameraman is to slow)
- default cameraview like in previous isnt there anymore.
- 1-2 doesnt work all the time, half the time they walk to the sideline!!

Personal:

- Players walk like chickens
- Overall gameplay/flow is just f***ed up, i feel i have much more control of stuff im doin in pes 6 an previous versions.

Factual Complaints
-The game is way too easy. Even kids can win at top player now. Looks like FIFA. All because all shots simply go in due to horrifying goalkeepers.

Back
Top Bottom