Sensible World Of Soccer (Xbox 360)

lol ok mate, sometimes its hard to tell when someone jokes on a forum.... Unless they make it blatantly obvious!

No SWOS Until Late September

The hotly anticipated Sensible World of Soccer on the Xbox Live Arcade won't be available until the end of September at the earliest.

Rumour has it that the game is struggling to pass Microsoft's intense verification program that all games available on the Xbox Live Arcade have to go through and further work is required before it will be released.

Codemasters recently invited Britxbox to a press event around Clive Barker's Jericho where SWOS will be playable once more. They told us: “For SWOS we'll have the game's marketing manager available to guide you through the legendary game as the final touches are made ahead of its release on Xbox LIVE Arcade.”

Delays are part of game development but a lot of people are very excited about this game and delays often leave them increasingly frustrated. We hope that the game will pass the verification process as soon as possible so we can all enjoy the classic footy action.

Hope they don't release it at the very end of september - can't see it outselling FIFA 08 which is due out on the 28th...

To be fair, it's not really competing with FIFA or PES, it's a totally different way of playing football games and I don't think you'll find anyone thinking "Should I buy FIFA or SWOS?"

Oh I know, I didn't mean it to sound like that.
I meant that I'm more likely to buy it if it's out before FIFA (need a footy fix soon!), so if others think the same way then it might not sell as well.

Oh I know, I didn't mean it to sound like that.
I meant that I'm more likely to buy it if it's out before FIFA (need a footy fix soon!), so if others think the same way then it might not sell as well.
100,000,000% agree. The whole reason I would buy it is because I'm desperate for a football fix. If FIFA is out first with 30 leagues, tricks and beautiful graphics (plus management mode, which would be half the reason I'd buy SWOS - online the other), then what's the point?

This is the quote from the guy on the Codemasters Forum

Quote:
"I've changed the release date on the corporate website from 'summer 2007' to 'TBC' simply because it's a. not really summer any more (boo), and b. it's better than putting a definite date and then having to change it."

He also says "It's not going back months and months, there's no big issues at play here (no grand conspiracies!), it's just because we all have to wait so I'd rather that no one gets the wrong idea."

End of the year, so it's not going to be October, probably not November, I'm gonna say December, and before Christmas.

I'll still be buying it without a doubt, I wont mind waiting for it when FIFA's out.

Re: Sensible World of Soccer 07 - XBLA

Mart forgot to move this thread to Other Football Games Discussion then... :lol:

The thread we're all using for SWOS is HERE, mate. Release has been put back to "before the end of the year". So, fuck it. FIFA 08 and PES2008 will be out before this is, and as good as the SWOS gameplay is, it is ten years old.

SWOS DELAYED UNTIL "BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR"

Wankers. No chance of me buying it now, will be too late as I'll be playing a career mode in FIFA instead. How the fuck can releasing a ten year old game suffer so many delays? It's already done, the online part has been tested, fucking release it already.

Back in Spring I had the impression this game had been completed. UCL06-07 and Mario Striker are the ONLY football games I know of that have been released this year. This game would've been huge if it was released in the summer, now it's up against PES 2008 and FIFA 08, not to mention all the other games cluttering up this winter's release schedule.

I wouldn't be surprised if this hardly got any downloads at all now, it'll barely be noticed.

I don't think any of the arcade games are up against the Main full price releases.
I don't think anyone considered whether to buy World Snooker Championship or Bankshot Billiards.
Or the difficult choice between Gears, Bioshock or Doom.

Its just a amazingly Cheap Fun release that everyone who played it in the 90's will buy.
I think you some of you guys have been all affected by the Fifa vs PES debate this game is not in competition with either.

Its just a amazingly Cheap Fun release that everyone who played it in the 90's will buy.

Well I for one won't be buying it, no matter how much I enjoyed it in the 90s, it was good in its day but I really don't want to play that kind of gameplay any more, if I wanted to play a fast paced, arcade football game I'd play PES, so I don't see any point getting SWOS, yes the career mode in SWOS was superb but then if I want depth and longevity in my football game I'll choose FIFA08.

No news really, 2008 early release was the last thing I heard.

With some people disgruntled with FIFA, and PES letting people down, maybe SWOS will get a chance!

Stop moaning they would release it now if they wanted but Microshaft closely controls what games are released on arcade and when, unfortunetly they don't have much faith in Sensi being a big seller so they aren't going to release it till probably the middle of January when everyone is broke and nobody else is releasing anything. Now I hope I'm wrong cause I want it now.

Back
Top Bottom