Sensible World Of Soccer (Xbox 360)

SXFuzz

Championship
17 November 2001
SWOS has just been announced the the Xbox 360, with a port of Sensible Soccer for the live arcade.

Concept image:

1151_0001.jpg

http://www.codemasters.com/press/?showarticle=8723

September 27 2006
Codemasters and Microsoft confirm Sensible World of Soccer for Xbox Live Arcade.

Become a goal-scoring superstar hero in Q1 2007 with matches over Xbox Live.

A dedicated Xbox Live Arcade™ edition of Sensible World of Soccer, the true sequel the classic lightening-fast football game of the 1990s, is now in development for Xbox 360™, the next generation video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and will arrive in Q1 2007, Codemasters and Microsoft announced today at X06, Barcelona.

Based on the classic 1994 Amiga title, Sensible World of Soccer will capture the original’s entire world of football, mixing management with super-fast match action and featuring teams and divisions from around the globe.

It is also confirmed that the Xbox Live Arcade edition will take the ultimate football kickabout online, enabling players to compete head-to-head in matches, friendlies, tournaments, and custom leagues over Xbox Live®. The off-line game will further offer the classic twenty-season career mode, which gives gamers the opportunity to play as thousands of different teams.

Chris Lewis, regional vice president, Entertainment and Devices EMEA, Microsoft, comments:
“We’re delighted to welcome Codemasters on board for Xbox Live Arcade. To have such an iconic gaming experience as Sensible World of Soccer lined up as a future title is fantastic and will deliver the perfect match for Live gamers. Xbox 360 is already the home of next-generation football - with Sensible World of Soccer, Xbox 360 gamers will be able to enjoy the seminal console football game experience too.”

Says Nick Pili, Codemasters’ director of Casual Gaming:
“Sensible World of Soccer for Xbox 360 Live Arcade will enable fans of the original and a new generation of gamers to experience a beautiful game that’s recognised as the classic Sensi title. Making use of Xbox Live for online multiplayer matches will take the SWOS experience to a whole new level of gameplay perfection.”

The Xbox Live Arcade edition will also enable players to switch between visuals refined for Xbox 360, with a high-def display up to 720p, and the original game’s retro visuals. Sensible World of Soccer will be available for Xbox Live Arcade in Q1 2007.

I will be buying this of course! I was a huge SWOS fan as it had the best Career/manager mode of any football game :)

DJ

I dont understand this xbox arcade lark to be honest.

I bought the 360 for next gen gaming, so why does everybody cream themselves when they release a ten year old game that you can get for free nowadays.

Microsoft are killing off Sony before the war even gets under way.
This is another one of many reasons why I dont see myself playing the PS3 very often once I buy it.

cammeyboy said:
I dont understand this xbox arcade lark to be honest.

I bought the 360 for next gen gaming, so why does everybody cream themselves when they release a ten year old game that you can get for free nowadays.
Dont you think its awesome that we can play some top oldies too?

DJ

Jack Bauer, true but im glad its giving us the classics to play again :) SWOS always was a great footie title and I welcome it to the 360 with open arms!

DJ

M$ have done a great thing with these arcade titles, it's going to make it hard for Sony to rival. Sony have a lot to catch up with in terms of what is out there now for the 360. It's taken M$ almost a year to get a decent range of titles, to have the Live Arcade actually with respectable content and to sort out the faulty systems but it's all uphill from here. I can't see Sony catching up enough ground in such a short space of time to really be as dominant as they were this last itme around with the PS2/XBox.

Back to SWOS, a great game and definitely something I wouldn't have dreamed they would have introduced. I know we bought 360 for next-gen but some of the old games were so addicting that it doesn't matter. Just the ability to be able to play them on a big TV rather than on a monitor is great.

Surely it will be 06/07 players?!

Actually, scratch that, it's only a Live game so they won't have bothered buying any licenses or they would make absolutely zero profit (even if they were going to include 90s data they would need a license). It will probably be a choice of two teams, Team Red and Team Blue, either that or just national sides with players either called Smith, Jones etc. or Reeney, Owan etc.

Not that bothered though really :)

ClassicD said:
My bet is it will be the original SWOS, so you can expect Gullit up front, etc. :)
Wonder if it will have his hairstyle? :) or one similar to your avatar! :lmao:

DJ

Sensible World of Soccer 07 - XBLA

According to Wikipedia,

A remake of the original game for Xbox Live Arcade. Added features include online multiplayer and leaderboards. Due for release January 2007.

How amazing would this be, sounds like its going to be the same graphics and gameplay they are just updating the players. Could be killer in multiplayer. As strange as this sounds, might actually be a big incentive in me picking up a 360 if I can find one for a decent price after XMAS.

Re: Sensible World of Soccer 07 - XBLA

According to Wikipedia,

A remake of the original game for Xbox Live Arcade. Added features include online multiplayer and leaderboards. Due for release January 2007.

How amazing would this be, sounds like its going to be the same graphics and gameplay they are just updating the players. Could be killer in multiplayer. As strange as this sounds, might actually be a big incentive in me picking up a 360 if I can find one for a decent price after XMAS.

There has been a lot of versions of sensible soccer released since and all have been pants

The ones since the SWOS heyday have all been new games given the Sensible Soccer name, whereas this is promising to literally just be the old game with updated players and online play, sounds good to me.

Didn't I hear they were bringing out a ( retail ) version too, would love to have the old master on Xbox or PS2.... imagine editing in all the players and kits from every league in every country, a few weekends work me thinks!!

I thought if they updated the teams and added online play, it'd be great, but I have some doubts whether Sensi's gameplay would hold quite the same level of addictiveness these days.

It does for me, i play it all the time on the amiga emulator. And if u could play online as well then i feel like getting a 360not just for sensi, but that's a big incentive.

Back
Top Bottom