Roma fans Thread

So arent you gonna update your avatar with the latest CL result for Roma?

Jake, i can see by your signature, that u heard benigni's interview yesterday..... this man is so fucking funny, i love him :lol:

did u hear it all? i loved when he said:
"come on, did u saw english guys last week in roma? they were so sad, so unhappy.... we just can't tolerate our nice guests to be so sad..... and that's why our guys decided to let them win tuesday. do u remember how happy they were tuesday? oh, it was so nice to see them smiling that we just couldn't stop.... score guys, score once again, 2,3,5,7, here u are, u're welcome.
but, nontheless, we had to show them how to score a very beautiful goal, so de rossi, just took the ball for a sec, and scored... here it is, did u see? that's a goal, now u guys can start again......."

this man is great! :lol: :lol: :lol:
i'm still waiting the day he'll get a nobel for literature. :)

The guy is on crack! :lol:

and u should have seen his face (i mean his facial expression) while he was saying that....pure art! :lmao: :lmao:

always talking with that lovely fiorentino accent :D . too bad that non italian speaker people can't appreciate it. they miss a lot of "benigni" :)

Last edited:
for saying Daniele De Rossi’s goal was so good that it should have counted for eight, so really Roma won 8-7. If Manchester United want to celebrate, then that’s up to them, but we know the moral victors.” Roberto Benigni insists it’s quality not quantity that counts in football he is awesome :P

What a pile of bullshit! What about the 2 STUNNING moves & goals we scored?

Change your avatar, you're OUT OF THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE! :lol:

maybe u don't know, diego, Roberto Benigni is a comedian actor :roll:

and btw, mate, there's a threshold between being funny and rude...

Change your avatar, you're OUT OF THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE! :lol:

what does that have to do with my avatar apart from it being a pasted cl game since it was a big win for roma i have it as my avatar pic.

what does that have to do with my avatar apart from it being a pasted cl game since it was a big win for roma i have it as my avatar pic.

as Juveboy wrote before, take no notice, jake ;)

very good match today. sweet totti!:D 20th goal! :applause:

and inter vs Palermo was 2 - 2 :D Palermo going up 2 - 0 :shock: i was wanting it to ended like that lol

Last edited:
and inter vs Palermo was 2 - 2 :D Palermo going up 2 - 0 :shock: i was it ended like that lol

got to say we were lucky inter didn't score the third....:(
they're just too strong this season. the only way to face them is by playing with a very high pace, and actually that's what we did in the first half... palermo was like a tsunami, inter almost didn't touch the ball.... but of course u can keep that rhythm for long. in the second half palermo slowed down and inter came out. :(
btw, we weren't supposed to win today (especially if u consider our last matches :roll: ), so it's a good point.

now if roma won't win against inter wednesday, inter will win the scudetto.............

.....FORZA ROMAAAAAAAA! :lol:

.....FORZA ROMAAAAAAAA! :lol:
for the first time i support inter but when palermo scored twice i really forget the 4th place i was happy to see them losing then the draw is the perfect result for me :D yes i hope roma beat them it's the last chance to make inter didn't finish this season without any loss

What a boring league though! We all know Inter are going to win it! ;)
just this mad season man but what about english premiership always boring :roll: you can guess who is going to win since the first weeks except this season :D

Roma are one of Italy's best football teams (if not the best :mrgreen:) so I think that the fans should a thread to talk about all things A.S ROMA

if thats the best italy can do then god help them all because compared to the premiership, the italian series A is like the conference league here in england. Im sure leyton orient can beat roma and im being serious :)

if thats the best italy can do then god help them all because compared to the premiership, the italian series A is like the conference league here in england. Im sure leyton orient can beat roma and im being serious :)
this year the english clubs are doing great but that doesn't mean
italian are crap roma this year did good but roma not the best italian team to be real .. even this year inter is the best milan
is sh!t but we will say what the best team in in england will do !

for the past 3-4 seasons england have been doing brilliently, last year arsenal where in the final and the year before that liverpool who won it, now we have 3 english teams in the semi's! roma are one of the best teams in italy and to get beaten and humiliated in the BIG STAGE proves how strong the premiership is. wasnt it not long ago when arsenal beat inter milan 5:1 in italian soil?

milan was in semi-final 4 times in past 5 years just milan !
even in the 2002/2003 there were 3 italian teams in the semi's
the roma's big lost doesn't mean that they are crap one match can't judge the team !

Last edited:
milan was in semi-final 4 times in past 5 years just milan !
even in the 2002/2003 there were 3 italian teams in the semi's
the roma's big lost doesn't mean that they are crap one match can't judge the team !

sorry mate, but what's the point in replying... i mean, u read his first post, u read his second post, and still u think he deserves an answer? still u think he expects an answer?
u're just too smart to start a flame battle with a fanatic blind ignorant, so just ignore him ;)

:lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :applause:

Serie A has been getting worse since the late 90's - soon it will be about as exciting as the Dutch league!

I think Serie A will be back in a few years.
I reckon the big moment when Italian football started it's decline was when Man United beat Juventus 3-2 after being 2-0 down. It seemed at that time and after that they looked at themselves in much the same way as English football does after every shit international tournament. In the next few years, a lot of the big name players left Italy and went to Spain or elsewhere and you started getting a lot more Italian players in each team. Until the shit hit the fan last year, I thought it was making a comeback but I think it will be another couple of years before they are truly back.

sorry mate, but what's the point in replying... i mean, u read his first post, u read his second post, and still u think he deserves an answer? still u think he expects an answer?
u're just too smart to start a flame battle with a fanatic blind ignorant, so just ignore him ;)
well you right in the ignore point ;) but i was trying to see if he was know what he was talking about or just kidding ..

I think Serie A will be back in a few years.
I reckon the big moment when Italian football started it's decline was when Man United beat Juventus 3-2 after being 2-0 down. It seemed at that time and after that they looked at themselves in much the same way as English football does after every shit international tournament. In the next few years, a lot of the big name players left Italy and went to Spain or elsewhere and you started getting a lot more Italian players in each team. Until the shit hit the fan last year, I thought it was making a comeback but I think it will be another couple of years before they are truly back.

some interesting points here, marukomu.
first of all i think that, when we talk about football, we have to separate the different aspects of football today. football nowadays is very different from 10 years ago. the bosman sentence changed for ever football as we were use to know it, and his (bad and good) consequences were huge.
the circumstances that brought serie a to be the greatest (i'd rather say the only) football league in europe, are gone, and serie a won't ever come back to be the greatest league in europe, for many factors (apart the bosman rule)

- FA managers did a great job in the past 10 years and nowadays, talking about "the whole package", the premiership is by far the most enjoiable league in europe (but if we just consider football quality, then the sitation is very different; nontheless, just a few "football fans" really know about football.... most of them are just excited by big names and big individual plays, so they can't even appreciate the difference between italian football and english football..... just consider how many ignorants still think that italians teams play a "defensive" football).
i mean, me too, i love to follow the premiership, even if, being honest, the quality of football played in england (excluding chelsea, man utd, arsenal and liverpool) is very poor.

- in spain the fiscal treatment is better than in italy, so, if barca and milan (just to make an example) offer a 5 millions euros contract to a player, that player will prefer barca as he will pay less taxes in spain.

- moreover, here in italy, we did everything we could to dismantle our reputation, with cheating scandals, awful stadia, unfair tv rights contracts, etc...).

but, as i said before, this is talking about "the whole package". if we separate the many aspects of football, and just consider the quality of football played, then nobody who really follow all the most important leagues in europe, and who really knows about football, can deny that the quality of italian football is still superior.
to compare the quality of football played in italy and england, for example, we can't just consider the big teams, as premiership and serie a are composed by 20 teams, and it would be unappropriate to consider just 4 of them.

arsenal, liverpool, man utd and chelsea play a high quality football (even if i'm not so sure about chelsea..:mrgreen: ), but what if we look at the others 16 teams behind them?
shall we talk about bolton's football? shall we talk about everton football? shall we talk about man city, charlton, wigan or west ham football? and better not to mention fulham, as their way to play can't even be called "football" :roll: .

let us consider serie a now. did u guys saw lazio great football? did u notice what a fantastic football palermo played till december? did u notice what kind of football is fiorentina playing (they could be really considered a sort of university of football today). shall we talk about teams like empoli, atalanta and reggina? they're probably the poorest teams in italy, but still they're playing the most fascinating football in italy this season.:)

let's put things in the right perspective. we can say everything we want about cheating scandals, violent supporters, horrible stadia, inadequate teams presidents and ceo, unappropriate security, but when we talk just about football, serie a is still the university of football in europe, and that's something that nobody who really knows about football can deny...........

.... and this is told by a premiership lover like i am ;)

Diego, u're talking about a "boring league"...... and talking about competition, u're right. everybody knew inter would have win the title, even before this season started.
But what makes a league "boring"? i don't think it's all about the competition.
let me make myself clear. when i go to the stadium to follow a football match (or when i turn on my tv) i don't care if the competition for the scudetto is still opened or not. i just hope i'll see a beautiful match, quality football...... and that's the only thing we all really care, don't u think?
who cares if still 3,4,5 teams have the chance to win the title, if all the others 16 teams play a poor football?
we don't pay our tickets to see who will win the premiership or the serie a..... we pay tickets to see football matches.... and our biggest hope is always to see a beautiful football match, am i wrong?:)

as i said before, serie a won't ever comeback the greatest league in europe in my opinion. but i'm not sad at all about it, coz this means that english, spanish, french and german football grew up, and this is a great news for a football addict like me. 15 years ago i just enjoyed serie a, today i enjoy serie a, laliga, ligue 1 and premiership..... and i can just be happy about it, being a football lover. :)

Last edited:
Lo Zio, I respect your points. You can talk about the 'quality of the football' all year, it doesn't change the fact the football I PERSONALLY witness in Serie A is boring and has been for the last few seasons. It's slow and repetitive. There is a reason why millions of pubs/bars across the WORLD want to have the license to show Premiership and NOT Serie A/Eredivisie/La Championnat matches - it's far more exciting and that has always been my point.

Football is a sport - sport is entertainment - entertainment should be EXCITING. :)

Lo Zio, I respect your points. You can talk about the 'quality of the football' all year, it doesn't change the fact the football I PERSONALLY witness in Serie A is boring and has been for the last few seasons. It's slow and repetitive. There is a reason why millions of pubs/bars across the WORLD want to have the license to show Premiership and NOT Serie A/Eredivisie/La Championnat matches - it's far more exciting and that has always been my point.

Football is a sport - sport is entertainment - entertainment should be EXCITING. :)

of course diego, football must be entertainment, i absolutely agree with u.
but it all depends by what we actually consider "entertaining".
don't misunderstand me, i love premiership, i follow it, and, as i said before, i think that, talking about the whole package, premiership is by far the best league in europe by now.

but nontheless, there's still a big difference between italian and english football.
talking about pace, rhythm, u're football is better than our, but the most important thing in football is the tactical disposition, and talking about this, premiership (considering all the 20 teams) is very poor.

but this is not a bad thing btw, i think it's nice that spanish, english and italian football are still different, coz, by following their leagues i can appreciate different ways to interpret football. it would be so boring if we all would play the same football, dont'u think? :)
spanish football is even slower that the italian one, but is a more technical foootball than the italian one.
english football is a fast, entertaining football, but a real football expert can notice his lack of technical knowledge.
french football is also different from italian, english, and spanish football.

we can just be happy to see so many different ways to see football. But a real football lover will always understand the good and bad aspects of each way to interpret football..... the italian, the english, the spanish...... ;)

talking about italian boring football, let me suggest u 1 thing: follow serie a matches, see the teams that i mentioned before (palermo, lazio, fiorentina, empoli, atalanta, reggina, chievo, roma). i'm sure that, after a whole season, your opinion will be different ;)

There is a reason why millions of pubs/bars across the WORLD want to have the license to show Premiership and NOT Serie A

talking about the reason why serie a lost his appeal, well mate, we all know wich are theese reasons...... and they have nothing to do with "football quality"..... ;)

Last edited:
Lo Zio, always remember my FAVOURITE league in the WORLD was Serie A back in 1989.

I have got fed up with it along the years - the negative apsects of the football scene there has depressed me! :)

the negative apsects of the football scene there has depressed me!

i understand u mate, the same happened to me too. the only good thing in all those disasters that happened last year, is that they gave us a reason to clean up our football establishment, to kick out of italian football a lot of bad apples, who were just pursuing their own interests.

if we will really use this chance to change something (as it seems we're doing till now) then maybe, all that shit, all that shame, will have a "meaning", if u know what i mean ;)

now getting back on topic, good luck roma! honestly i don't think u will win today, as inter will have a lot of motivations (if they will win today they'll get the chance to celebrate the scudetto in san siro)....
...but nontheless, FORZA ROMA!!!\\:o/

Back
Top Bottom