Roma fans Thread

36671.jpg

milan lost to liverpool, arsenal beat juventus and inter quit easy and nw manu beat roma. all inthe space of 4-5 years.. lol italy teams suck. milan gunna get hammered

milan lost to liverpool, arsenal beat juventus and inter quit easy and nw manu beat roma. all inthe space of 4-5 years.. lol italy teams suck. milan gunna get hammered

:roll:

A bit of an overexcited comment tbh. Yes in recent years English teams have had the better of Italian teams but Man U still lost to Milan last. Technically Milan never lost as they were defeated by pens therefore the result goes down as a a draw.

I do think its clear things have changed before when we seen English teams face Italian or Spanish teams we were rarely the favourites but now the shoe is on the other foot. But in the CL you can never say a team is going to get hammered at this stage.

What you want is hard analysis, so let’s do that - let’s look at how Manchester United stacked up against Roma on that night at Old Trafford.

Roma were atrocious. They had no one shoring up the midfield, Mexes was awful, Doni horrendous and the attacking players were toothless against a remarkably effective Manchester United defence.

Michael Carrick played in Paul Scholes’ position, and was absolutely fabulous.
The first goal says everything about Carrick’s game. Ronaldo, after making space for himself on the right flank, crossed a ball to Giggs standing 5-10 yards outside Roma’s penalty area. He was marked by a Roma defender, so no one moved to intercept the pass (Ronaldo had already pulled one of the central midfielders out of position with his run).

Out of no where, Carrick strides in, intercepts the pass, looks up and puts a rocket (a half-lob, half-blast) over Doni’s head into Roma’s net.

People will criticise Doni’s positioning but that is unfair on Carrick - he saw the open space, positioned himself correctly and took his chance. It was a collective frack-up by Roma but it was also sheer brilliance on Carrick’s part.

The second was a better finish (if not a better build up) - the ball crashed into the side netting in the opposite corner after Carrick had latched on to a Heinze pass outside the Roma penalty area (a bit to the left), and it was still going up when it went in. Doni had no chance, and Carrick had, in 50 minutes, proved everyone wrong once again.

Ronaldo is crucial to Manchester United’s chances for the league and the Champions League, but to call United a one-man team would be as disrespectful as calling Chelsea completely-reliant on Drogba. Both teams have other players who can pick up the slack, and both have outstanding performers (Scholes, Rooney, Giggs for United, Lampard, Joe Cole, Essien for Chelsea) who contribute just as much during the game.

Roma’s win in the first leg had blinded people to their league form this season - they have been patchy at best, and my initial comparisons of Roma with a wide-eyed virgin in a brothel were not far off the mark. They were executed mercilessly at Old Trafford, and while the margin of victory might not have been the same on any other day, United would still have won.

Source: http://soccerlens.com/manchester-united-v-roma-what-really-happened/23061372.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter are close to announcing a deal for Cristian Chivu that would give Walter Samuel, David Pizarro and £3m to Roma.

The Nerazzurri have never made a secret of their interest in the former Ajax defender and have been actively trying to tempt him away for several seasons.

The turning point is set to come this summer with contract renegotiations hitting obstacles, so the Giallorossi are finally ready to release the Romanian.

It’s reported that Inter have offered to hand over the remaining half of Pizarro’s contract – as he moved to Roma on a co-ownership deal this term – plus former Olimpico fan favourite Samuel and £3m cash.

Another option would be World Cup winning left-back Fabio Grosso, but the Argentine is more suited as a direct replacement for Chivu in central defence.

The five-year contract has been drawn up worth £2.7m at San Siro.

hey guys! I was wondering how Wilhelmsson is doing? After his move from anderlect last year to Nantes and his loan to Roma, I havent really had the chance to see how he is doing in Italy

not so bad. a few very good performances.talking about quality, he's not on the standard level of roma players, but still he's good, and anyway he has a great will.

he must be avery nice guy, as the fans soon felt in love with him :) ... i heard they call him "willy" :lol:

Jake, i really hope chivu won't leave.... we'll see :)

Any of you lot going to the West Ham vs Roma match at Upton Park?

When is that happening? Wish I could go, would love to see a Roma match live. But Scotland isn't the best place for watching Roma :(

Wilhelmsson is doing fine, I think Roma want to sign him not 100% sure? as Spurs want him and another team do but forgot who they are #-o .

And lo zio I hope he isn't leaving since he's a big player for us, but Pizarro is signed no more co-owner ship \\:o/ .

This is what I got off Chanel 4's football Italy website about Chivu if any of you havn't seen it.

Rumours of a deal rocketed after David Pizarro’s transfer completion, but Roma have denied there are even negotiations for Cristian Chivu’s Inter switch.

The Romanian defender has been linked with the Nerazzurri for over a year and it was widely believed that the full ownership of Pizarro in an agreement struck last night would open the door for this exchange.

However, the Giallorossi have issued an official statement to silence this newspaper talk.

“Referring to what was written in the major newspapers regards to the possible transfer of Cristian Chivu, A.S. Roma S.p.A. inform that there are no negotiations for this player.

“The meetings with representatives of Inter were purely to resolve the ownership of David Marcelo Cortes Pizarro.

“Therefore the stories released in the media, including the financial terms contained therein, are to be considered untrue and without any foundation.”

This is unlikely to dissuade the Italian newspapers, however, who continue to suggest Chivu will join Inter over the summer.

In good news Totti won European Golden Boot :applause: 26 goals.

What a screamer from young Alberto, I always knew he had great potential & he has proven this for the u21 NT too, it's a shame he was injured last year as i'm sure he could have bolstered the Roma MF even more so but a good start for you guys.

Real Madrid 1 AS Roma 2

FANTASTIC performance by the Italians, they were tactically SUPERB whilst Real looked clueless at times. Once again woeful defending let them down and they weren't too hot in attack either. One last thought, Vucinic is SPECIAL. He is such a good player.

Congrats Roma - FANTASTIC performance & result. It's up to you to fly the flag for Italy now. :applause: :)

Yay! I am jumping up and down for Roma! They're my favorite team in Italy, and I just LOVE their football. Great victory over Real. Now do those Inter twats in the league!

And Spaletti is GOD!

Spaletti is a genius and I agree Abhishek, they play some beautiful football at times.

Inter has pretty much won the league now.. unless they lose to the couple of hard matches they have left and roma win all theirs..

:S

Anyway Champions League looks interesting.

Looks like Roma are nearing on Inter, Tuesday should be a good game I'm sure you lot won't freeze up at Old Trafford this time :DD

Back
Top Bottom