Rock Band Thread

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and Rubber Soul will join Abbey Road as the first three Beatles albums available to download for The Beatles: Rock Band.

Confirmation comes from an exhaustive New York Times expose (found by Kotaku) on the game, which spans nine website pages and is well worth reading.

The article goes on to reveal that studio chatter between the band members - remastered by George Martin's son Giles Martin - will play during tuning-up sections. There are some previously unannounced songs outed too, such as "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", "Hey Bulldog" and "I'm Looking Through You".

And there's plenty more illuminating information within, including interviews with surviving band members Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr. "In 10 years' time you’ll be standing there, and you will be Paul McCartney. You know that, don’t you?" mused McCartney towards the end.

And did you know, for example, that Beatles licence requirements mean traditional Rock Band instrument improvisation sections had to be removed, and that the band cannot be booed off stage? The audience is not allowed to sing along either, and DLC must arrive as part of an album, although individual songs can be picked out.

Pretty random stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
The tracklist for The Beatles: Rock Band has been revealed, and leaves only one of 45 songs unnamed.

Tracks span the sixties and seventies, and cover releases from all major Beatles albums, such as Abbey Road, Rubber Soul and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Those three are significant because they will be the first three offered in full as downloadable extras.

But whether Abbey Road, which has most songs on-disc, will be cheaper than Rubber Soul, which has least, remains to be seen.

And where are "Hey Jude" and "Eleanor Rigby"? We can't see them.

Without further ado, here's the list, courtesy of a Game Informer spread (read by the beady eyes of Kotaku):

Singles

* I Want To Hold Your Hand
* I Feel Fine
* Day Tripper
* Paperback Writer
* Revolution
* Don't Let Me Down

Please Please Me (1963)

* I Saw Her Standing There
* Boys
* Do You Want To Know A Secret
* Twist and Shout

With the Beatles (1963)

* I Wanna Be Your Man

A Hard Day's Night (1964)

* A Hard Day's Night
* Can't Buy Me Love

Beatles For Sale (1964)

* Eight Days a Week

Help! (1965)

* Ticket To Ride

Rubber Soul (1965)

* Drive My Car
* I'm Looking Through You
* If I Needed Someone

Revolver (1966)

* Taxman
* Yellow Submarine
* And Your Bird Can Sing

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967)

* Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band/With a Little Help From My Friends
* Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
* Getting Better
* Good Morning Good Morning

Magical Mystery Tour (1967)

* I Am The Walrus
* Hello Goodbye

The Beatles (White Album) (1968)

* Dear Prudence
* Back In the U.S.S.R.
* While My Guitar Gently Weeps
* Birthday
* Helter Skelter

Yellow Submarine (1969)

* Hey Bulldog

Abbey Road (1969)

* Come Together
* Something
* Octopus's Garden
* I Want You (She's So Heavy)
* Here Comes the Sun

Let It Be (1970)

* Dig a Pony
* I Me Mine
* I Got a Feeling
* Get Back

Love (2006)

* Within You Without You/ Tomorrow Never Knows

The Beatles: Rock Band launches on 9th September for PS2, PS3, Wii and Xbox 360.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/beatles-rock-band-tracklist-revealed

Definately buying this :D

They'll make a killing with the amount of money this will make!

Defo buy for me too Dags. I'm tempted to get the full pack on the 360 (instead of my usual PS3) so I can get the new instruments and play it in the front room.

Either way, been listening to a lot of Beatles since I decided to get the game and think its gonna be a blast.

Isn't is something like £360 for the whole kit though?

I'm probably going to pick this up for £25, not sure it warrants £40 really.

Isn't is something like £360 for the whole kit though?

I'm probably going to pick this up for £25, not sure it warrants £40 really.

Nah, £170 for the new drum kit and McCartney 'guitar'.

Had a rethink though and its not worth it - gonna just get another mic stand (family love the Beatles), mic and guitar.

And your bird can sing....Wooohooooo, and the bass on Taxman will be the bollox.
Eleanor Rigby was never gonna be in the game though, it was all orchestra, no band members.
So is this not gonna be sold with the individual guitars then?

HMX said:
Tracks available on Xbox 360 (Aug. 18) and PLAYSTATION 3 system (Aug. 20):

Blind Melon - No Rain
Blur - There’s No Other Way
Dropkick Murphys - I’m Shipping Up to Boston
Eve 6 - Inside Out
Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict a Riot
Foo Fighters - All My Life
Foo Fighters - I’ll Stick Around
Foo Fighters - Lonely as You

(All tracks are original master recordings)

Some cool tracks there, but I've had Blind Melon so many times in games that I wont bother again.

Blur - There’s No Other Way
Foo Fighters - All My Life
Foo Fighters - I’ll Stick Around

For me next week. I'll Stick Around will be immense!

Elton bloody John? :SHAKE:

Also :SHAKE: at Tim being happy about Elton John but not Nirvana or Pantera :LOL:

Ok lads, tis not the funking Pantera thread, I'm sure Tim with his apple iphone-ness is more than capable of looking up the band if he really wants too.

Guessing the Tom Petty songs will be the same as the ones in GH5. So many tracks coming out on both platforms now, should just have 1 combined library and let people choose the songs.

The 'game' should just be a vehicle to play music from an 'itunes' like vault.

Its like saying you can only play CDs brought from ASDA on your stereo, but CDs brought from Tesco in your car.

But how will they work, as he is a pianist, and you dont got that in Rock Band!

Next week...

HMX said:
• Billy Idol – “Mony Mony”
• Billy Idol – “Rebel Yell”
• Fleetwood Mac – “Don’t Stop”
• Fleetwood Mac – “World Turning”
• Jet – “She’s a Genius”
• Tom Petty – “I Won’t Back Down”
• Tom Petty – “Runnin’ Down a Dream”

Love Tom Petty! Shame one of them is in GH5, so I'll leave that one.

Back
Top Bottom