Rock Band Thread

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by FlawlessCowboy, 2 April 2007.

1. jaygrim

jaygrim TheAllSeeingEye

26 July 2005
    Everywhere.
    Man Utd
    No I'm pretty sure if your not signed in you cant play them.

2. StayingPower

StayingPower Premiership

2 April 2006
    Houston
    Manchester United
    Really? Do you mean anytime you're signed into live or just when you're actually playing online?

3. Carl

Carl Ban Master Staff

27 December 2001
    N.I.
    West Ham United FC
    It's all to do with the fact that when you download tracks they are tied to your Gamertag and Xbox console, if you have changed a console, or upgraded your HDD, the stuff will only work when your signed into Live. You can re-licence your downloadable stuff, but I think you have to do it individually, be it single RB or GH tracks. Tis to stop the world downloading tracks and then letting their friends then download.

4. StayingPower

StayingPower Premiership

2 April 2006
    Houston
    Manchester United
    Oh sorry, I think I've gone and misread what the problem was. :COAT:

5. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Posted on RB forums and got this reply:

DLC license. Go redownload everything(only takes a second) or call Microsoft and have them transfer.

Also, use the search, this has been covered more times than you can think.

So Holio is right :)). I will re download everything later tonight. Is there an easy way to see things I've downloaded and download them again? Also, what about the RB1 songs?

6. Radiation

Radiation Golden Boot Winner

6 February 2006
    Widnes
    Newcastle United
    Does the 360 have any kind of purchase history section? for RB1 would you have to redownload the thing you had to pay for to be able to import them?

7. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    I think it does actually, yeah. I'll have to go through that won't I.

8. DagsJT

DagsJT Retired Footballer

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    It definately does, I used it when I got my 360 at Christmas and grabbed all of the games I'd downloaded previously.

9. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    OK, well I went through my purchase history on Xbox.com and added every RB track I'd downloaded to my queue, but still can't play them offline :ANX:.

10. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Sorted :))

11. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    :ROCK:

12. DagsJT

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    How is it that I play a song in Quick Play, get 98,937 on it, go to the leaderboards and I get told "Unranked! You need to play to get on the board." ... the friend who has the highest score has 88,794 so what exactly do I need to "play" to get on the leaderboard if Quick Play doesn't work?

Edit: Apparantly the scoreboards take ages to update, and they only take Quick Play and not Tour plays? :(

This is pretty interesting though:

http://www.rockbandscores.com/rockb...culty=EXPERT&showrb2=on&showrb1=on&showdlc=on

Last edited: 11 September 2009
  13. Radiation

Radiation Golden Boot Winner

6 February 2006
    Widnes
    Newcastle United
  14. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Pearl Jam's new album is being released as full DLC next week, well Sunday to co-incide with the real album release for Xbox, 24th September for PS3.

15. DagsJT

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    I'm definately picking up the Backspacer album on RB, it gets better with each listen and I'm really enjoying the album now :D

16. matt1288

matt1288 B4MF

4 May 2006
    London, UK
    Juventus
    Does anyone know if there's a ROCKBAND: Beatles demo?

17. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    There isn't, no.

18. DagsJT

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
  19. pboreham

pboreham Kick. Snare. Hat. Ride.

5 August 2002
    C*lchester
    Southend Utd
  20. matt1288

matt1288 B4MF

4 May 2006
    London, UK
    Juventus
    For the ones who have played Rock band AND Guitar hero. If I've played Guitar Hero on expert do you think I could cope with Rock Band expert?

I'm thinking of getting Beatles Rock band, so I was just wondering about that.

21. DagsJT

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    RB is easier than GH, and Beatles is a lot easier than RB ;)

22. andish2001

andish2001 Championship

1 May 2005
    GH is harder because the notes are harder to read IMO - the charting on songs that are in both games is near identical so the actual charts themselves arent the cause of difference. I genuinely struggle to read fast notes with the GH style, RB i pick it all up and react. Plus RB calibrates properly.

Keep in mind Matt that once you play RB a few times, GH will be unplayable.

Its just so poor by comparison. Its weird because the games are essentially the same, but GH just lacks the loudness or magic of RB or something. I cant put my finger on it but most people who play both find it readily apparent.

Last edited: 22 September 2009
  23. matt1288

matt1288 B4MF

4 May 2006
    London, UK
    Juventus
    Cheers for the responses Dags and Andish, but unfortunately I cannot get my hands on any Rock Band's except for Beatles Rock Band. This is due to the region protection for some really irritating reason, but they decided Beatles Rock Band would NOT be Region locked! I'm still pretty pissed off because I'd love to play Rock Band 2 after seeing some fantastic DLC's and one of my favorite songs of all time (Supersonic by Oasis).

:( Am Gutted

24. DagsJT

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    All RB's are region-free on the PS3 ;)

25. drekkard

drekkard International

23 March 2005
    Barcelona
    Barça, Arsenal, Ajax
    RB: Beatles is clearly easier becuase normally I can compete too much in Hard and in Beatles I can, and I enjoy it a lot. There's quality in the songs and in the game, but to enjoy it properly you must have some knowdledge of Beatles and like his music.

I absolutely adore all the Abbey Road stuff.

26. andish2001

andish2001 Championship

1 May 2005
    Matt i cant actually get RB 1 or 2 either because im down here in Australia and RB1 was released a good 2 years late and RB2 still isnt out. I imported both from the UK. I assume thailand has PAL as the region (same as Australia)?

If so, just import from the UK. I got a good price from a UK bloke called anonicle_pc on ebay. Was a good $30 AUD cheaper than it would have been if RB2 was ever released on the shelf over here, which is how i buy my other games.

All the DLC works fine as well because RB1 was released in PAL regions and the RB platform is on the marketplace as a whole, not the individual games.

27. pboreham

5 August 2002
    C*lchester
    Southend Utd
    Might need clarification, but I'm pretty sure the DLC is tied to the region? I have to get all my DLC from the US Store (imported RB1 originally) as UK DLC doesnt show up...

Unless something has changed?

28. DagsJT

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    Yep, RB DLC is region-locked.

29. andish2001

andish2001 Championship

1 May 2005
    Well im not sure to be honest but I do know that I can access all DLC no problems on my australian RB1 and my UK RB2 (same way for both on an australian account), paid for using an australian credit card. Imported all the RB1 stuff into RB2 as well and thats fine.

What i meant was, because RB1 was released in australia, the RB DLC for both games is available in PAL regions, because the DLC is a 'platform' and not individual region locked games.

Dont know if you can follow that, or if i even can :S

All i know is it works.

I made a mistake in my original post - i didnt import RB1, just RB2.

Edit: just read your post again and I misunderstood. The DLC is region locked to the disc you are playing on. Since you imported yours from the states, you need to access US DLC. Since UK and australia both operate under PAL, thers no region issues like that.

Last edited: 23 September 2009
  30. pboreham

5 August 2002
    C*lchester
    Southend Utd
    Doubt Harmonix will be too chuffed with this, but this just dropped through my mailbox...

Very cool songs though!!!!! I am absolutely stoked!