Rock Band Thread

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by FlawlessCowboy, 2 April 2007.

1. DagsJT

DagsJT Retired Footballer

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    What's the best AIC album to listen to for a newcomer? Never listened to them back in the day to be honest.

2. pboreham

pboreham Kick. Snare. Hat. Ride.

5 August 2002
    C*lchester
    Southend Utd
    Without sounding too Alan Partridge - the 'Best Of' is the best way to get in, or the Unplugged is awesome.

Here is my opinion...

Facelift - Superb album, their best I would say. Lots of stand out rock tunes.

Dirt - Hard to get into, very 'trippy'. Stand out tracks though in 'Would?', 'Them Bones', 'Rooster' and 'Angry Chair'.

Jar of Flies/Sap - Double EP of acoustic songs that will blow you away. Most songs on these are rated 5 star in my iTunes. Beautiful and haunting.

Alice In Chains - Couple of good songs, but went off the boil a bit for me. Very heavy.

Unplugged - As mentioned above, an excellent album covering most of their hits. Probably one of the best Unplugged's MTV ever did.

Black Gives Way to Blue - Latest record just released with new singer after Layne Staley OD'd in the 90s. Tis ok to be honest, best 2 songs are what are going into RB - quite heavy, but probably sits somewhere between Facelift and Dirt.

Definitely worth getting into them though Dags, you wont regret it!

3. DagsJT

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    :TU: Cheers for that, appreciate the detailed descriptions :)

4. jaygrim

jaygrim TheAllSeeingEye

26 July 2005
    Everywhere.
    Man Utd
    Yeah Facelift is really good, or it used to be.

5. Radiation

Radiation Golden Boot Winner

6 February 2006
    Widnes
    Newcastle United
    Sub Pop Records has confirmed three Flight of the Conchords songs for Rock Band, just like comedy duo Jermaine Clement and Bret McKenzie promised.

There will be one song from upcoming album "I Told You I Was Freaky", and two from the eponymous "Flight of the Conchords" collection. Sub Pop won't say what the songs are.

YouTube - Flight Of The Conchords - I Told You I was Freaky

6. pboreham

5 August 2002
    C*lchester
    Southend Utd
    Fan-fucking-tastic!!!

7. DagsJT

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    Improved chord hammer-on/pull off notes, taken from The Beatles: Rock Band's better handling of the feature, have been patched into Rock Band 2 as part of an omnibus update that became available today.

Additionally the update enables support for wireless microphones and lays down an "audition" feature you may use when the Rock Band Network enters its open beta.

When "Audition Mode" goes live, RBN members will be able to "upload songs from their PCs and audition their songs using our suite of song audition and testing tools," according to the official Rock Band Forums. Currently, Rock Band Network is in closed beta and the game will tell you 'To enter Audition Mode, you must be signed into an Xbox Live enabled gamer profile that is a member of the XNA Creators Club and connected to Xbox Live." Harmonix says the open beta will commence in the coming weeks.

Meantime, gamers will find improvements to the hammer on/pull off tricks in guitar play. The forum says these improvements were brought over from The Beatles: Rock Band, which featured "much more robust handling" of hammer-on and pull-off.

Other upgrades: In the sort menu, you may now arrange songs according to the star rating you've achieved in each of them. Unplayed songs will be grouped accordingly. This helps players chart their progress toward five-starring every song they own.

The game will also support wireless mikes, such as the Lips microphone. Ion Drum Kits now have velocity sensitivity in both drum fills and freestyle mode. And most conveniently, background downloading in the Music Store has been enabled, so you no longer have to wait for the complete download of a purchased song before moving on to another.

As for the PS3, Harmonix' Sean Baptiste explained that patch is being worked on and awaiting its certification process with Sony.

8. andish2001

andish2001 Championship

1 May 2005
    what that the patch that rolled out a few days ago? cant say i notice any difference tbh

9. Radiation

Radiation Golden Boot Winner

6 February 2006
    Widnes
    Newcastle United
    I think it;s what Dags posted.

From Eurogamer
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/harmonix-releases-rock-band-2-update

Harmonix has released a significant patch for Rock Band 2, which adds and fixes a swathe of features. It's out now on Xbox 360 and is apparently in certification for PlayStation 3.

Chief among them is a new Audition mode for the Rock Band Network, where users can upload songs from their PCs to try them out using the game's tools.

The Network is currently in closed beta, but opens up in the coming weeks according lead designer Dan Teasdale on the Rock Band website (spotted by Joystiq).

Background downloads and the ability to stack multiple songs will soon be reality, and the patch also enables Xbox 360 wireless microphone support.

Hammer-on and pull-offs are being improved, too, and the Ion Drum Kits will soon be velocity-sensitive. Finally, there's a Sort By Stars option coming to the Quick Play mode, so you can see which songs you have played and mastered at a glance.

10. DagsJT

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    WIN! :ROCK:

11. Carl

Carl Ban Master Staff

27 December 2001
    N.I.
    West Ham United FC
    Ultimate Win!

12. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

EPIC EPIC WIN!!!!!!!!!!

13. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    I've got something to put in you :PINKS:.

14. jaygrim

jaygrim TheAllSeeingEye

26 July 2005
    Everywhere.
    Man Utd
    Go on then.

15. pboreham

5 August 2002
    C*lchester
    Southend Utd
    I was thinking the same - but about Alanis... Mmmmmm...

16. DagsJT

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
  17. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Should be Queen next week. Can't foiking wait!

18. Carl

Carl Ban Master Staff

27 December 2001
    N.I.
    West Ham United FC
    Top find, just requested Foo Fighters : The Pretender, it was DLC for Guitar Hero III, but would love to have it full band support.

19. jaygrim

jaygrim TheAllSeeingEye

26 July 2005
    Everywhere.
    Man Utd
    I requested they shoot Holio, what a great thread.

20. pboreham

5 August 2002
    C*lchester
    Southend Utd
    Good shout :)

I did 2, Faith No More - Midlife Crisis and Led Zep, Kashmir.

No chance of Led Zep, but I bet they will be the most requested group...

21. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    I did The Pigeon Detectives - I'm Not Sorry :)).

22. DagsJT

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    I did K-Os - Born To Run, John Mayer - Neon and Belief, Lifehouse - Sick Cycle Carousel :)

23. Carl

Carl Ban Master Staff

27 December 2001
    N.I.
    West Ham United FC
    Zepplin would be class, Whole Lotta Love, Kashmir and of course Stairway to Heaven. :D

24. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Tuesday is indeed QUEEN day!!!!! :DANCE:

25. jaygrim

jaygrim TheAllSeeingEye

26 July 2005
    Everywhere.
    Man Utd
    It's Queen day everyday in the Edwins home.

26. DagsJT

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    :LOL:

27. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    :PINKS: Touche.

28. pboreham

5 August 2002
    C*lchester
    Southend Utd
    Lego Rock Band shipped :)

Dags, you still wanting this after me?

29. DagsJT

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    Yep mate! I can either give you the money to send it down to me and I'll rip the songs and send it back to you? Or I'll buy it off you, and sell it after ripping? Up to you mate :)

30. Carl

Carl Ban Master Staff

27 December 2001
    N.I.
    West Ham United FC
    Just seen the track list there, you defo want to just hire it or buy it, move the tracks and get it shipped on, especially seeing not all RB DLC will work in it. Defo a strange game in the series.