Rock Band Thread

One of the labels interested in this is Sub Pop Records and looking over the list of artists on there I spotted quite a few well known bands:

The Shins
Nirvana
Soundgarden
and best of all...

Flight of the Conchords! (That would be so epic if they released some stuff)

Also I imagine if Trent Reznor got whiff of the RBN he would be all over it.

Last edited:
Just had a look for Rock Band 2 drums on eBay and on Game/Gameplay/ShopTo/Play, nobody's got them. Does anybody know if the UK will *ever* get the Rock Band 2 peripherals?

If not, what's the best way I can get them?

Buy The Beatles : Rock Band, I cant see them ever releasing the RB2 perpherials over here ever.

when you guys were talking about 'hysteria', i thought you were referring to the great def leppard!

imagine my disappointment when it was bloody muse!

:(

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/more-beatles-rock-band-tracks-revealed

MTV Games and Harmonix have confirmed a further eight tracks for The Beatles: Rock Band.

These are, in alphabetical order (I hope): "Can't Buy Me Love", "Eight Days A Week", "Paperback Writer", "Revolution", "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band", "Twist & Shout", "Within You Without You" and "Yellow Submarine".

Update: EA has announced more! These are: "Do You Want To Know A Secret", "I Wanna Be Your Man", "And Your Bird Can Sing", "With a Little Help from My Friends", "Birthday", "Dig A Pony" and "I've Got A Feeling".

The Beatles: Rock Band launches here on 9th September for PS2, PS3, Wii and Xbox 360.

* "I Wanna Be Your Man"
* "And Your Bird Can Sing"
* "With a Little Help from My Friends"
* "Birthday"
* "Dig A Pony"
* "I've Got A Feeling"
* "Back in the U.S.S.R."
* "Can't Buy Me Love"
* "Day Tripper"
* "Eight Days a Week"
* "Get Back"
* "Here Comes the Sun"
* "I Am the Walrus"
* "I Feel Fine"
* "I Saw Her Standing There"
* "I Want to Hold Your Hand"
* "Octopus's Garden"
* "Paperback Writer"
* "Revolution"
* "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"
* "Taxman"
* "Twist and Shout"
* "Within You Without You"
* "Yellow Submarine"

Mr Boreham, when are we going to do this Pearl Jam - Ten album recording then? :D

Just had a look for Rock Band 2 drums on eBay and on Game/Gameplay/ShopTo/Play, nobody's got them. Does anybody know if the UK will *ever* get the Rock Band 2 peripherals?
Gamestop.
Just checked Gamestop and it says "ships to US addresses only". :(

Sorry to bring this up again but I'll tell you the reason I'm after them; see THIS THREAD ON THE RB FORUMS. If I do the calibration for the RB1 guitar or the GHWT guitar I have, it's perfect. Then I put the drums in and it's way off (literally missing 80% of the notes). So I calibrate the drums and then the same thing happens to the guitars.

I read on the forum (but I can't find it now) that it's because I'm using GHWT drums rather than RB1/RB2 drums, and I've never been happy with the GHWT drums even after tuning them with the MIDI kit. So I'm desperately looking for RB drums and I was thinking, if I'm going to spend money, I might as well get the latest ones.

But it's looking like I can't get them, so can anyone tell me the cheapest place to get new RB1 drums (i.e. with a receipt for when they break) in the UK? Play.com are selling them for £44.99.

Last edited:
Just checked Gamestop and it says "ships to US addresses only". :(

Sorry to bring this up again but I'll tell you the reason I'm after them; see THIS THREAD ON THE RB FORUMS. If I do the calibration for the RB1 guitar or the GHWT guitar I have, it's perfect. Then I put the drums in and it's way off (literally missing 80% of the notes). So I calibrate the drums and then the same thing happens to the guitars.

I read on the forum (but I can't find it now) that it's because I'm using GHWT drums rather than RB1/RB2 drums, and I've never been happy with the GHWT drums even after tuning them with the MIDI kit. So I'm desperately looking for RB drums and I was thinking, if I'm going to spend money, I might as well get the latest ones.

But it's looking like I can't get them, so can anyone tell me the cheapest place to get new RB1 drums (i.e. with a receipt for when they break) in the UK? Play.com are selling them for £44.99.

Must be kit dependent then as I use the GHWT drums and they are fine (got 99% on Sex on Fire this morning - missed 1% just to show some humility :D)

Never had a problem with them - my red pad misses sometimes, but it does that in RB2, GHWT, GH:Metallica and Greatest Hits. I've tuned it a couple of times, but I'm not massively fussed.

I'm wondering if it's because I've tuned them with the tuning kit, but either way there's a ton of people having the same issues so it's not just a one-off.

Just out of interest, have you run the calibration on RB2? What settings do you use?

Somehow missed the releases for this week - just got a pleasant surprise :)

Weezer “My Name is Jonas”
Weezer “Pork and Beans”
Weezer “Undone – The Sweater Song”

Absolutely superb, especially Jonas and Sweater! Great songs from my 'youth'

I'm wondering if it's because I've tuned them with the tuning kit, but either way there's a ton of people having the same issues so it's not just a one-off.

Just out of interest, have you run the calibration on RB2? What settings do you use?

Oops, didnt see this either... no, not run the calibration within RB2 - as I say, it normally works fine in RB2. Hope you get it snorted...

Must be kit dependent then as I use the GHWT drums and they are fine (got 99% on Sex on Fire this morning - missed 1% just to show some humility :D)

Never had a problem with them - my red pad misses sometimes, but it does that in RB2, GHWT, GH:Metallica and Greatest Hits. I've tuned it a couple of times, but I'm not massively fussed.

I too use the GHWT drums on rock band and have no problems. They were originally FAR FAR off, but a calibrate fixed it right up. It probably isnt still isnt notch perfect like GHWT is, but it's good enough for me to do the things I want to do.

Is that 99% on expert pboreham? What's the hardest song you can FC you think? Just wondering :TU:

I too use the GHWT drums on rock band and have no problems. They were originally FAR FAR off, but a calibrate fixed it right up. It probably isnt still isnt notch perfect like GHWT is, but it's good enough for me to do the things I want to do.

Is that 99% on expert pboreham? What's the hardest song you can FC you think? Just wondering :TU:

Nah, Hard. I've never FC'd a song (partly due to the red pad missing occassionally). I dont play for points anyway, its partly to practice my motor skill for doing real drumming and just part enjoyment.

Ah ok fair enough. You seem to follow RB and GHWT more closely than anyone else around here, so I thought you must have been fair at it.

Good news for PBoreham:

Harmonix continues to jam as much Pearl Jam into Rock Band as they possibly can, with the band's 9th studio album, Backspacer, available for download on the day it's released.

Pearl Jam is releasing their 9th album without any major record label assistance on September 20th, but they've got a pretty strong support system in place, which includes Harmonix, MTV Games, and Target. The entire album will be available on Rock Band on the same day the album hits store shelves, with Target offering a special edition that comes with codes to download the tracks for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Those tracks include "The Fixer", a song that I'd be hard-pressed to place with a band had I not already known it was Pearl Jam. Nice to see the band changing things up, though I still firmly believe that lead singer Vedder has the craziest eyes in entertainment history.

Can't see why it wouldn't as it works in RB2 which I imagine is using the same engine. I think all future music games will have to have cross-compatability with instruments from now on.

I hope not. I need a new guitar as my GH3 one has a dodgy blue button.

Im hoping they release at least a guitar edition one, and that the Lips mics we have will work.

Back
Top Bottom