Rock band 3

It better fucking had do.

Dunno... low sales of the software, deluxe item... just cannot see it myself, certainly not for March.

Perhaps they'll use the US as a gauge to take up and then decide on a worldwide release...

So, hows the guitar button wise. I mean, are they smooth, easy to press?
I read somewhere they all have the same size so that it's hard to know where your fingers are. Maybe thats just a matter of getting used to.
Do you feel this controller plays the same as a real guitar? How do the picking strings feel? How does the controller feel.

How are the tutorials? I saw some gameplay on youtube and it looks very very difficult.

So, hows the guitar button wise. I mean, are they smooth, easy to press?
I read somewhere they all have the same size so that it's hard to know where your fingers are. Maybe thats just a matter of getting used to.
Do you feel this controller plays the same as a real guitar? How do the picking strings feel? How does the controller feel.

How are the tutorials? I saw some gameplay on youtube and it looks very very difficult.

Buttons;

Very smooth, not much travel so easy to press and slide across. They are the same thickness but you generally know where you are using the on screen indicator.

Vs real guitar.

Compares very well indeed. It is about 75% of the size, but the mechanics needed - ie chord shapes and strumming are exact. In fact it's very close. The fact that you cannot feel the strings is a slight problem of course and bending is obviously out the question and very quick slides are hard. You also have to be very precise, which isn't a bad thing to take onto the real instrument, but with it being buttons, you HAVE to be holding the right ones, where on a guitar you have a margin of error. Think of it like the mustang is digital and the guitar is analog.

Strings;

You get picks with the guitar so I use those. The strings are thick nylon. Probably the same size as the fat e string on a guitar, maybe a bit bigger. They are quite tight, but also flexible if that makes sense. They do make a dull grating noise though that is a bit off putting (probably for others!) but overall they do make it feel like a guitar, but also something odd about them!

Tutorials;

These really are excellent. Credit to harmonix! Tells you absolutely everything you need to know. Has a fretboard at the top of the screen showing what strings to press and on the right, what fingers to use.

There are loads of tutorials covering everything from basic strumming to arpeggios and the 7mj power chords etc. It will be a good lesson on music theory and enough to take onto the real thing for sure.

Finally, every rb3 and dlc from The doors onwards, have there own lessons. These too are excellent with one available for each skill level of the song. Breaks the song into sections and you just repeat it till you nail it and then move on. You can slow the speed down and has the same fret board and finger display as above.

Overall;

So far, cannot fault it. Makes for a very different game and much more rewarding knowing you are hitting more realistic notes rather than 5 colours. Very hard even on easy levels and pretty much impossible to sight read, so lessons will be valuable.

Definitely worth the money IMO, but it's very much a niche. By that, i mean it costs the same as kinect, a low end 360 or a handheld console - so is it comparable to those? No, of course not, it's just a peripheral, but like a good steering wheel enhances driving games and costs £100+, this should be seen in the same way... A worthy investment if the genre is high on your enjoyment!

Sounds fantastic... i want it i want it i want it.
Sounds very very difficult as well. But it must be very rewarding once you get the hang of a certain song.

I practiced guitar a million years ago, when my hands were still young and flexible :) and all i remember is the fact that i couldn't get my fingers to do what i wanted.

Harmonix and MTV Games today announced six of the Bee Gees’ greatest hits, including one track with Pro Guitar and Pro Bass, as well as singles from B.B. King and Procol Harum, will be available November 16 in the Rock Band 3 Music Store.

Procol Harum? Awesome. A Whiter Shade of Pale? Even more awesome. Just an awesome keyboard song, period.

The best part though of this whole bit of DLC will be the three-part harmonies you’ll be able to try to accomplish on songs from the Bee Gees. Seriously. You think you can pull of a Barry Gibb? Didn’t think so.

There’s also a track from B.B. King in there for those who want to try and mimic his mad guitar skills by playing about the only song you ever hear on the radio from the Blue’s legend, The Thrill Is Gone.

Songs available for downloadable content for Rock Band 3 feature five-button guitar and bass parts, drums, Pro Drums and keys, Pro Keys and harmonies, where applicable. Some songs also feature Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrades available for an additional $0.99 upgrade download.

Here’s what you’ll get next week in lovely, easy-to-read, list format:

* Bee Gees

* Jive Talkin’
* Night Fever
* Stayin’ Alive *
* Nights on Broadway
* Tragedy
* You Should Be Dancing

* B.B. King – The Thrill Is Gone *

* Procol Harum – A Whiter Shade of Pale

Tracks will be available in Europe on PS3 November 17, and those marked with an asterisk will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Tim is going to be so happy with the Bee Gees.

nothing wrong with the bee gees in their saturday night fever period. Just not very good guitar songs.

I wonder about the pro guitar tutorials for lefties. Hope they are really good and show the chords in lefty mode.

BeeGees out today :BOP:.

Also, the Lego Rock Band export feature is now fully working as HMX have got the extra export codes :TU:. Doing mine now, it's all good.

Hardly any Pro Guitar stuff being released :((. Not sure I will be getting the real Fender in March at this rate.

Hardly any Pro Guitar stuff being released :((. Not sure I will be getting the real Fender in March at this rate.

Plenty of time yet! There are enough tracks on the disc, and as you have to really learn each song, so it isn't just like blasting through the old songs by sight reading.

I think burning down the house had guitar, some of the Bon jovi, one of the bee gees and there was another song this week with guitar.

Think it's John Lennon next week so that will be all about the keys.

But there will be a steady stream of pro guitar and one they start patching up the oof songs it will be even better.

If you are interested in the guitar then you should get it dude!

I want loads of the old DLC to be converted to Pro Guitar. Sex on Fire, The Killers, Nine In The Afternoon, Don't Stop Believin', Detroit Rock City etc etc.

HMX said:
Hey gang,

The DLC coming your way next week includes not one, but TWO epic Queen packs! The first pack contains some deeper cuts as well as RB3 versions of the two tracks that originally appeared on Lego Rock Band, and the second pack is made up entirely of RB3 versions of fan favorite tracks from the RB DLC library. 11 of these 13 songs have Pro Guitar / Bass upgrades available, and with harmonies now available on all these tracks you can sing them the way they were meant to be sung. Enjoy!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (Dec. 7):

Queen Extravaganza Pack 01

“Hammer to Fall” X
“Keep Yourself Alive” X
“Now I’m Here” X
“Play the Game” X
“Tenement Funster” X
“We Are the Champions” (RB3 version)
“We Will Rock You” (RB3 version)

Queen RB3 Enhanced Pack

“I Want It All” (RB3 version) X
“I Want To Break Free” (RB3 version) X