Rock band 3

Well, Lego Rock band says to go on the website first and it's not working as it says out of download tokens. And Rock Band 2 says do redeem code from the back of your manual which XBL says isn't valid!

Right, Rock Band 2 songs exported. Now let's see what's happening with the Lego Rock Band situation.

Fender has announced a release date for its Squier Stratocaster guitar which is playable with Rock Band 3 and teaches you to actually play the instrument, because, well, it is an actual guitar.

Since it is an actual instrument, it won’t be cheap, but it will run you about the same as a typical electric guitar, albeit not a Harmony or anything. Those were cheap back in the day, and sounded it too.

It also requires that you purchase a Mad Catz MIDI Pro-adapter to use it with Rock Band 3, which will run you $40.

The Squier is to be used during RB3’s Pro Mode only, and when you feel like actually rocking out, it becomes not only a MIDI instrument and can be hooked up to an amplifier.

You can get the full set of stats for the instrument through here.

Fender’s Squier Stratocaster and Guitar Controller will be up for pre-order on January 1 and is set for release March 1 and will run you $280

If you have already exported Lego Rock Band into Rock Band 2, and thus used the redeem token, can you then export into Rock Band 3?

March?! Bloody hell, RB3 will have been played to death already by then. They can't look at the sales figures and be disappointed when the main feature of RB3 is the Pro mode and one of the main instuments doesn't come out until FIVE months later.

Really stupid move by Harmonix there.

Fender has announced a release date for its Squier Stratocaster guitar which is playable with Rock Band 3 and teaches you to actually play the instrument, because, well, it is an actual guitar.

Since it is an actual instrument, it won’t be cheap, but it will run you about the same as a typical electric guitar, albeit not a Harmony or anything. Those were cheap back in the day, and sounded it too.

It also requires that you purchase a Mad Catz MIDI Pro-adapter to use it with Rock Band 3, which will run you $40.

The Squier is to be used during RB3’s Pro Mode only, and when you feel like actually rocking out, it becomes not only a MIDI instrument and can be hooked up to an amplifier.

You can get the full set of stats for the instrument through here.

Fender’s Squier Stratocaster and Guitar Controller will be up for pre-order on January 1 and is set for release March 1 and will run you $280

March for the us, but I bet it doesn't come out here then and judging by the sales figures, I bet it doesn't even reach these shores

If you have already exported Lego Rock Band into Rock Band 2, and thus used the redeem token, can you then export into Rock Band 3?

My Lego rock band songs already show up in rb3 as I had already exported them into rb2.

For the amount of money they charge for it those pro guitars better be damn good quality. I'm having doubts about that since there are already many many problems with the 1 string 5 frets type of controllers.
Imagine your new pro guitar having unresponsive / dropping frets after a month, that would really piss me off

For the amount of money they charge for it those pro guitars better be damn good quality. I'm having doubts about that since there are already many many problems with the 1 string 5 frets type of controllers.
Imagine your new pro guitar having unresponsive / dropping frets after a month, that would really piss me off

Dunno, this will be an actual Fender guitar - made by Fender, with RB pick up technology added.

For all intents and purposes, it IS a Fender guitar, not just one shaped like it by Red Octane/Mad Catz.

Dunno, this will be an actual Fender guitar - made by Fender, with RB pick up technology added.

For all intents and purposes, it IS a Fender guitar, not just one shaped like it by Red Octane/Mad Catz.

true, but only for the fender. The other pro guitar, with 102 "button frets" will be a 100% guitar controller. (made by madcatz i believe)
Its cheaper then the fender but still expensive enough.
That's the one i am affraid of breaking. If it can happen with 5 frets i dont even want to think of 102 frets.
I would go for the button one because of price, so am very curious about the quality of this one.
Anyway, since delivery in Europe will suck for the coming months there's time enough to read all the reviews about it online.

I want this baby but i can already hear my wife saying : ANOTHER GUITAR?...WHY??

I have 3 guitars already, a gretsch duo jet (which i absolutely love) a les paul (which needs hardwiring) and a good old ps2 cherry sg which i use on the pc with frets on fire

true, but only for the fender. The other pro guitar, with 102 "button frets" will be a 100% guitar controller. (made by madcatz i believe)
Its cheaper then the fender but still expensive enough.
That's the one i am affraid of breaking. If it can happen with 5 frets i dont even want to think of 102 frets.
I would go for the button one because of price, so am very curious about the quality of this one.
Anyway, since delivery in Europe will suck for the coming months there's time enough to read all the reviews about it online.

I want this baby but i can already hear my wife saying : ANOTHER GUITAR?...WHY??

I have 3 guitars already, a gretsch duo jet (which i absolutely love) a les paul (which needs hardwiring) and a good old ps2 cherry sg which i use on the pc with frets on fire

Ah right - yea, I'm definitely getting the Mad Catz one, but I understand your concern.

Not heard anything about if the strings break yet, how repairing them works and as you say, 102 buttons is asking for trouble!

Just be careful with it I suppose.

I'm the same, got the John Lennon and Paul McCartney guitars and the Beatles kit with cymbals. Now want the Pro Guitar and Keyboard... its not going down too well in this house either!

ou can use it as a midi guitar if you have the right program on your PC.

Yeah i heard somebody talking about the program Garage band. Its for Mac i believe but i'm sure there's programs out there for windows as well.
I can't play real guitar but having a controller and use it as a midi guitar on my laptop would be awesome. Would love to try out some chords and jam away.
Better use a headset though as i dont want any bleeding ears in the family.

The hardware just showed up on bol.com in holland.
The madcatz wireless fender mustang guitar is mentioned to be available on 19/11 and will cost € 159,=.
The keyboard/game bundel is available on 26/11 and will cost € 149,99.
The other guitar is not listed.

Lets see if they stay true to their delivery times.

I went back and swapped my keyboard for the new pro drum kit. I have to say it's awesome! Pro drums are a lot of fun and I will definitely be spending a lot of time on them!

Just read some reviews for the madcatz guitar. People are not very enthusiastic. They say its hard to find the right button, since they are all the same size. The squier fender doesn't have this problem as you can feel the difference in width for each string.

Problem is, i'm a lefty. This means restringing the Fender guitar if i would want to play it with an amp.

Ill keep lurking online to see all the reviews. Watched some clips of ppl using the guitars on pro mode....its VERY difficult.

I didn't know guitar strings were different widths?

Really? You didnt even know that about real guitars? Its what gives the strings their different sounds.

On the Madcatz guitar, it looks like the strings are all the same size (in the strumming area) which will be weird.

But yea, I bet it will be odd not being able to 'feel' with your left hand as I'd imagine you do this subconciously when playing real guitar. I play guitar and havent thought about it before, but its probably true.

Where were the reviews Elfie?

Nah didn't know that at all! I'm really not musical at all and before Rock Band came along I didn't have any real interest in playing music, just appreciating it. But Rock Band has changed all that :)).

I'm doing alright on the pro drums too. If you order all songs in the game by difficulty then I can play the top half of songs on hard and the bottom half on medium.

Nah didn't know that at all! I'm really not musical at all and before Rock Band came along I didn't have any real interest in playing music, just appreciating it. But Rock Band has changed all that :)).

I'm doing alright on the pro drums too. If you order all songs in the game by difficulty then I can play the top half of songs on hard and the bottom half on medium.

Nice one! Dont forget all the DLC has Pro Drums too - dunno if you've got it, but Sex On Fire is pretty fun on the drums and fairly easy.

Yep, every song in the game has Pro Drums :)). Sex On Fire, I think i just about managed to get through on Hard.

Got my keyboard last night... I love it to be honest.

VERY hard though and very humbling.

I tried a few of the tutorials, but they were kinda boring. I really want to do them though, but was also eager to jump into some songs.

I'm gradually getting better - settled on Medium Pro for now until I can 5 start those songs. But as I said, very hard, even on this level.

Imagine is probably the 'easiest' song I've tried for now as its basically 2 moving chords all the way through and I've tried it 3 times now and got gradually better - I reckon a few more plays and I'll 5* it.

But anything else is a real challenge. Light My Fire is immense, even on Medium, gonna take a long while to master that. Bohemian Rhapsody on mediums wasnt *too* bad considering, but it is really up and down the keys on both white and black, so the amount of single key movement on that makes it hard.

But overall, its brilliantly made (the kit) and the feeling of pulling off a run of notes in the songs is very satisfying. Feels like going back to day one of Guitar Hero all those years ago... amazing to think where we are now.

Oh and I've just ordered the Pro guitar from GameShark. Going by other people who have ordered it, should be here by the end of the week (fingers crossed!)

Thats me skint now for the month! No COD, FM or GT5 until December!

Rock Band 3’s a definite must-buy.

No, we mean that. You must buy it if you want to keep downloading Rock Band DLC.

Speaking with Joystiq, a Harmonix representative explained that Rock Band DLC released after October 26, 2010 – a date that, for those who’ve recently awoken from a coma, has already passed – won’t make sweet, sweet music with RB1 or 2 “due to the new authoring standards, inclusion of new instruments, new lighting / venue cues, etc.”
If it’s any consolation, the colossal mountain of music available before that date is unaffected by the new policy.
Also, Rock Band 3 is apparently kind of decent or whatever – if the words “greatest music game of all time” mean anything to you. They probably don’t. Also, no pig men. That’s a pretty big deal-breaker for us.

A bit sly but it will probably help shit sales.

Yea, just what i thought reading that Jay, good excuse to make people upgrade.

Then, once they have RB3, they can buy the keyboard, guitar and new drums!

Can someone explain all this to me, or point me to a guide.

The gf fancies getting into this (guitarhero) and I've been looking online and you can get really cheap deals for all kinds (guiterhero 3 to 5, rock band, etc) but I have no idea how compatibility works with the guitars. We won't be bothering with the band stuff so it's just guitar controllers that we would be getting.

So for example, would I be able to buy this:
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock with Wireless Les Paul Guitar Controller (PS3)

and use it with these games:
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock
Guitar Hero 5
Guitar Hero Metalica
etc, etc...

Or do you need the latest guitar that has backward compatibility or are they all the same (ignoring the above discussion with all the extra bells and whistles)? Also, could I buy RockBand and only play the guitar sections? I see RockBand3 has some compatibilty stuff, but tbh I would only be looking to buy all this tat for cheap anyway and look at the old games.

Can someone explain all this to me, or point me to a guide.

The gf fancies getting into this (guitarhero) and I've been looking online and you can get really cheap deals for all kinds (guiterhero 3 to 5, rock band, etc) but I have no idea how compatibility works with the guitars. We won't be bothering with the band stuff so it's just guitar controllers that we would be getting.

So for example, would I be able to buy this:
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock with Wireless Les Paul Guitar Controller (PS3)

and use it with these games:
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock
Guitar Hero 5
Guitar Hero Metalica
etc, etc...

Or do you need the latest guitar that has backward compatibility or are they all the same (ignoring the above discussion with all the extra bells and whistles)? Also, could I buy RockBand and only play the guitar sections? I see RockBand3 has some compatibilty stuff, but tbh I would only be looking to buy all this tat for cheap anyway and look at the old games.

check this out : http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52944

and this one : http://wiki.scorehero.com/ControllerCompatibility

Most guitars work for all games. Only the rock band guitars do not work with Guitar hero 3.

You can buy Rockband and do only the guitar stuff.

Got my Pro Guitar today!

Absolutely amazing - just what I've always wanted in these games. The hardware is great and it all works very well in the game.

Its very accurate, fair and no lag.

I play a bit of guitar, so jumped straight into Hard on Pro mode :LOL: Getting my ass handed to me in all but the most simple songs. Getting good at The Hardest Button To Button and think I was No.2 on the leaderboard for Good Vibrations :)

It is VERY hard though and I'll be working my way through some tutorials for sure, but in principle, its just like playing a real guitar.

Very happy! :)

Got my Pro Guitar today!

Absolutely amazing - just what I've always wanted in these games. The hardware is great and it all works very well in the game.

Its very accurate, fair and no lag.

I play a bit of guitar, so jumped straight into Hard on Pro mode :LOL: Getting my ass handed to me in all but the most simple songs. Getting good at The Hardest Button To Button and think I was No.2 on the leaderboard for Good Vibrations :)

It is VERY hard though and I'll be working my way through some tutorials for sure, but in principle, its just like playing a real guitar.

Very happy! :)

Is that the one with the buttons or the one with the strings?
Would love to hear some more impressions!

Is that the one with the buttons or the one with the strings?
Would love to hear some more impressions!

Buttons, the stringed one isnt out here until next March - if it even comes out here at all.

Anything you want to know specifically?

The buttons are easy to press down and the 'strings' are actually something like 'cat gut' as we used to call it... like a thick nylon.

No whammy bar, but still does over drive.

Its hard to sight read as (at the moment) when the notes move towards to bottom string (no matter what fret), your natural instinct is to move your hand towards you down the neck (as notes on the right of the highway on normal mode means getting your hand or fingers closer to you).

That will take some getting used to!

Back
Top Bottom