Rock band 3

rb3-official-2010-06-1118-13-05-rm-eng.jpg

It's that one Tim but there is a real guitar coming in 2011.

The one I'm getting is £108.

Where did you play it?! I ordered it in the week from videogames+ - £48 Inc shipping (for the game). Got the keyboard on order from shopto, but going to wait for the proper guitar.

Was the pro guitar good jay? I have expectations that it would be shit and after a while of playing, would really hurt your fingers? Unless it has softish buttons?

Is there more than 1?!

Yea, that one jay is getting which has buttons for the strings and then there is a strat (i think) coming out that is a proper guitar and can be plugged into an amp. The only difference is the pick ups also work with the game.

It has been delayed until early 2011 and is expected to cost at least as much as the equivalent guitar (as in effect, that is exactly what it is) - I reckon it's going to be at least £250-£300.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...uier-Guitar-Scheduled-for-a-2011-Release.html

Last edited:
Oooh that's awesome!!! I'll definitely be getting the real Fender guitar when it's out. It's gonna really piss me off trying to learn it though haha. But I've got quite a lot of free time so I'll stick with it :)). Even just being able to play one riff on a real guitar would make it worthwhile for me. Musicians are so talented and I can see it takes a tremendous amount of skill to play instruments.

The actual Rock Band 3 game I've already got. Will fire it up tomorrow and give it a try using the old RB1 fender that I have and love. Won't bother buying a new guitar at all, I'll just wait for the real one in 2011. The only new instrument I'll buy is the keyboard!

Bohemian Rhapsody and Imagine are going to be epic!

:BAND:

Oooh that's awesome!!! I'll definitely be getting the real Fender guitar when it's out. It's gonna really piss me off trying to learn it though haha. But I've got quite a lot of free time so I'll stick with it :)). Even just being able to play one riff on a real guitar would make it worthwhile for me. Musicians are so talented and I can see it takes a tremendous amount of skill to play instruments.

The actual Rock Band 3 game I've already got. Will fire it up tomorrow and give it a try using the old RB1 fender that I have and love. Won't bother buying a new guitar at all, I'll just wait for the real one in 2011. The only new instrument I'll buy is the keyboard!

Bohemian Rhapsody and Imagine are going to be epic!

:BAND:

Spent a couple of hours Saturday night watching vids of the new charts. Cannot wait for Midlife Crisis! Must have sung that song a million times in my life, so if I dont score high on that, I'll be gutted.

I was mainly watching for keyboard charts, but as the peripheral isnt out, people were playing the keyboard parts with the guitar, which (apart from being pointless) shows the highway as the normal guitar one, rather than the new keyboard one. Can only imagine how brilliant Imagine will be - and some of the Doors stuff on the keyboard. Light My Fire is in the game and they are releasing the 'greatest hits' of the doors just after launch, with Break On Through, Roadhouse Blues, Riders On The Storm etc... just superb!!

I'm going to buy a real guitar again today. Had one years ago, but couldnt really progress past barre chords. Hoping that a few years on RB has given me a bit more dexterity and also my new taste in music (Beatles, Led Zep, Neil Young etc) will allow me to play more songs with slightly easier tabs.

Had a quick go on this yesterday then ordered the madcatz guitar.

Did you play on the PS3 version mate?

Did you import it or was it the PAL version?

Where did you import it from if you did?

Can't wait for this - 12 pack DLC of The Doors released same time too :APPLAUD:

Just been playing it, pretty nice. If it didn't have the new Pro modes then it's basically just another Rock Band. The songs on the disc aren't that good to me personally. I enjoyed playing Bohemian Rhapsody and Elton John though!

Is there a list anywhere of exactly which DLC songs that have already been released that will have Pro modes?

Cool. You might as well use your real guitar in Rock Band as well, no?

Nice idea, but pretty sure you cannot. The tech in the guitar is in the neck too (it detects where your fingers are when hovering over the strings. Christ knows how it does this and I hope it works well).

Just been playing it, pretty nice. If it didn't have the new Pro modes then it's basically just another Rock Band. The songs on the disc aren't that good to me personally. I enjoyed playing Bohemian Rhapsody and Elton John though!

Is there a list anywhere of exactly which DLC songs that have already been released that will have Pro modes?

Most RB2 songs and DLC already has Pro Drum mode ready to go (apparently they put the code in in expectation of Pro Mode).

Pro Guitar and Keys mode (I believe) will be added to songs on an 'as and when' basis - i.e. if a song calls for Pro Mode, then they will go back and add it in (i.e. the keyboards in Dont Stop Believing).

The Pro Mode songs will cost £1 more than the standard ones.

Oh right I see. I don't mind paying an extra quid to have pro guitar DLC. It must be pretty insane to chart it all! So there's no confirmed list of which previous songs will have pro guitar modes, hmm. As an example, do you think they will add pro guitar to Sex On Fire?

Fucking ace! Stone Temple Pilots 6 pack DLC next week!

"Creep,"
"Dead & Bloated,"
"Crackerman,"
"Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart,"
"Big Empty," and "Huckleberry Crumble"

All over that!

So Rock Band 2 can be imported into Rock Band 3? What happens to people who imported Rock Band into Rock Band 2, does that mean they are lost or cannot be played in RB3?

If you have already exported RB1 to RB2, then the RB1 songs will automatically appear in RB3 :)).

Ok, thats cool, still not sure I will get RB3 though, had a look at the list of songs on the disc. Havent got any interest in Pro mode really.

What about exporting RB2? Do you need to buy an export key like last time?

Yeah you do, but no price yet on how much, I suspect it will be 800 Spacebucks rather than the 400 for RB--->RB2.

Ok, thats cool, still not sure I will get RB3 though, had a look at the list of songs on the disc. Havent got any interest in Pro mode really.
If you have no interest in pro mode then don't bother getting RB3. As I said without the pro mode it's just the same as the other 2 to be honest.

Unless you're also interested in keyboard!

Bloody hell that looks hard :LOL:. I think I'm gonna wait for the real Fender Squier. Partly because I wanna see how many / what kind of songs they are going to go back and chart for pro mode guitar.

I've got a real guitar. I used to play it but gave up years back, but giving it another go.

Borrowed my dads for now as I've got cash-woes! So rather than spend £300+ 'some time' next year for the real Pro guitar, might just carry on learning the real thing outside the game and get the cheaper pro guitar for RB3.

Christ that sounds more confusing than it needs to be.

For one week only three The Doors songs will be given to anyone who buys Rock Band 3 and plays online for free, MTV Games has announced.

From 26th October to 1st November you'll be able to download "Light My Fire," "Riders on the Storm" and "Touch Me," along with the Pro Guitar and Pro Bass add-ons for each song, from the Rock Band 3 in-game music store.

12 The Doors tracks will be added to the Rock Band music store to coincide with the launch of the third game in the series on 29th October.

The nine-pack of songs from The Doors includes "Hello, I Love You," "L.A. Woman," "Love Her Madly" and "Roadhouse Blues".

In Europe the tracks will be available on PS3 on 27th October – a Wednesday - the day the EU PS Store normally updates.

After the promotion ends on 1st November, The Doors' Rock Band downloads will be available for purchase only as individual songs or in a bundle of all 12 songs.

The Doors' "Break On Through (To the Other Side)" comes on the disc soundtrack.

Back
Top Bottom