Rock band 3

Excellent news on the Doors, riders on the storm will be absolutely epic, cannot wait!

Just got brilliant news, my us import has shipped already, may get it early part of next week.

In bad news, I've cancelled my keyboard pre order from shopto :( really had a wake up call about my finances, so going to wait for a bit and save up for that and the mad catz pro guitar.

Bloody hell PB in finances shocker, times must be bad.

I know :( Its poxy working for yourself, money is so irregular. I've got loads of jobs on waiting to finish and quite a bit of money to come in - trouble is, I think "ooo, I'll get that as I have £x due in next week" etc... and then the customer doesnt pay on time, or something goes wrong.

Basically spending too much money I dont have, have debts racked up and dont have any savings. Not a good combo.

Gutted, but I will get them before X-Mas some time! Just need to prove I can sort my money out!

MTV Games has announced it’s bringing John Lennon’s album Imagine to Rock Band 3 as DLC.

The album will support the song of the same name, which is already on the game’s disc.

No pricing or date has been given for it.

Already, The Doors and Bon Jovi had been confirmed as the first artists to provide substantial DLC to the game.

£60 for the keyboard, £110 for the Pro guitar? I'm passing, just far too much money for me.

I'm sure when I ordered the pro guitar it was out this week? Now they are all saying November.

Yea, looks like the midi adapter and guitar have been delayed (pretty much without notice to us UK peeps).

12 November according to ShopTo.

Good for me, means I can save a bit more for it!

Know what you are saying Dags, but I dont think £60 for a keyboard is too bad.

The guitar at £110 seems a bit much for what it is, but for what it can do and can bring to the game, I think its worth the money. For me, you are paying for technology and enjoyment, rather than the physical parts that go into making it - if you see what I mean.

Anyways, some videos from people who have it in the US now using the keyboard peripheral (so the songs are charted with keys now, rather than the videos of them using guitar peripherals for the keyboard).

YouTube - Rock Band 3 - Bohemian Rhapsody (Expert Pro Keys 93% 4 Stars)

YouTube - Rock Band 3 - Break On Through (To The Other Side) (Expert Pro Keys 100% FC)

YouTube - Rock Band 3 - Imagine (Expert Pro Keys 100% FC)

Looks fucking hard!

I would love to have a go on all this after seeing how realistic it all looks but i would never pay that much for stuff for many reasons including that fact i would play it for a week then never again

Pretty good game, I like the career mode and it has some nice touches to it. If you don't have the keyboard or Pro guitar/drums then it really doesn't amount to much more than an song pack though.

The songs aren't too great, a lot of them that I don't know and not really enjoying playing some of the ones I've played. But there's some good ones in there as well.

If you don't have (or plan to buy) the Pro instruments, then it's not worth £40 at all, maybe £20 or £25.

Can I play those types of games on my xbox with regular controller and no guitar, and if not is there any special guitar or simple guitar hero, guitar would do for rock band and for guitar hero? Thx.

Pretty good game, I like the career mode and it has some nice touches to it. If you don't have the keyboard or Pro guitar/drums then it really doesn't amount to much more than an song pack though.

The songs aren't too great, a lot of them that I don't know and not really enjoying playing some of the ones I've played. But there's some good ones in there as well.

If you don't have (or plan to buy) the Pro instruments, then it's not worth £40 at all, maybe £20 or £25.

Yea, I think that's definitely a fair point about it being essentially a track pack.

I never 'play' these games anyway. That is to say that I don't work through the career modes or anything like that. I always just play 'quickstart' and choose some songs to work through, so all the other stuff in the game doesn't really bother me. Definitely getting this with the intention of using it with pro mode.

I think that shows for me, in the fact that i didn't and have no intention, of buying the latest guitar hero. As a genre, it had to move into this 'pro' arena to hold at least my interest and I'm sure many others.

Must say those new guitar controllers look absolutely great. Love them both, the one with buttons and the one with strings.
They are very expensive but i'm sure that once you get the hang of these babies playing with a regular guitar controller is no fun anymore.
My problem is (beside the price) that i'm not sure if i have enough time for this. I mean, you actually have to learn chords and stuff. Amazing and will feel rewarding, if only i had the time.

Playing this with my current guitar controller (rock band gretsch duo jet and a les paul) will make RB3 a track pack as mentioned by other.
A track pack with lots of songs that are uninteresting for guitar, as they are made for keyboard.

Still, gotta love the way harmonix keeps coming up with this stuff. I'm hooked on these games

It looks like RB3 has sold pretty shit as well as GH.

Yea, terrible numbers.

Pretty much will put an end to Rhythm games.

If Rock Band 3 cannot reignite it, then its totally dead. GH, DJH and now RB all posted horrible numbers.

Ah well, hopefully they'll still make lots of DLC and get cash that way, but its been a hell of a ride!

Nah, GH is dead to me.

The marketing of RB3 is awful though - should be all over the place, not only a great game, with great peripherals, but its also genuinely educational.

All the times artists have come out and said "dont play Rock Band, learn a real instrument" - this should be the counter argument on the TV, papers, magazines etc.

Amazes me how games this big dont get advertised, but yet I saw an ad for DLC for RDR the other day...

Mine arrived, thank the lord!

Very impressed with the new UI, very slick and much easier to use.

Online store seemed better too (though I dont use this much, just download from PSN).

Like all the new features like instant scoreboards (know we have had this since Beatles) and the stats. Plus the way you can sort and rate the songs.

I use the singstar wireless mics and I found them much more responsive and accurate than they did in RB2, which is a bonus.

Overall, massive thumbs up and cannot wait to get into the Pro stuff.

Mine arrived, thank the lord!

Very impressed with the new UI, very slick and much easier to use.

Online store seemed better too (though I dont use this much, just download from PSN).

Like all the new features like instant scoreboards (know we have had this since Beatles) and the stats. Plus the way you can sort and rate the songs.

I use the singstar wireless mics and I found them much more responsive and accurate than they did in RB2, which is a bonus.

Overall, massive thumbs up and cannot wait to get into the Pro stuff.

All sounds very positive. Can't wait to hear your comments about the pro stuff. In spite of my earlier post i just can't get that pro guitar out of my head :P

I got the Keyboard and Stand. Good equipment, going to be hard to play it though! Going to do the keyboard tutorials tonight after I've exported RB2 and Lego RB songs into RB3 :)).

What a fucking shambles. Neither Lego Rock Band nor Rock Band 2 songs will export. Can't fucking get them to work for one reason or another. Terrible error by Harmonix.

What a fucking shambles. Neither Lego Rock Band nor Rock Band 2 songs will export. Can't fucking get them to work for one reason or another. Terrible error by Harmonix.

Any errors or anything?

You have put the code in and then paid for the export key (which is back in the game under the 'Store' section?)...

Back
Top Bottom