Rock band 3

Bloody hell, nice one Pbbbbbbbb.

Don't know if I'll bother getting any pro guitar, I'm not good enough to play a real guitar so I dunno...

Its not really having to be 'good' at it though. If you are seriously interested in learning the 'real' guitar, then its an excellent tool.

I could definitely take what I have learned on the Hard level so far and play it on a real guitar and it would sound good(ish!)

Listening to the Harmonix podcast last night about how they go about authoring songs. They said about the skill levels;

Expert = Playing the real song as close to note-for-note as possible*
Hard = You'd be good enough for a 'garage band'
Medium = You could play it on a real guitar and get the 'feel' of the song

* They said with the way that bands often multi-track and layer guitar tracks on a song, they have to watch the live recordings of songs to decide which parts to author for the highways.

Anyways, really enjoying it on hard. Can only really do up to 3* song difficulty at the moment, but it'll come!

In all the times I've tried to learn real guitar, I've never played a whole song (just usually learn riffs, or the start of songs and give up), so its an amazing feeling to play a song from start to end.

Hmm that sounds quite encouraging actually. I'd probably only be able to play on Easy and some songs on Medium at a guess. I'll continue to monitor the Pro songs being released then and wait for March.

Right, just about to order some Guitar Hero stuff for xmas, is it worth getting GH5 or should I just go straight for RB3? I'll only be playing guitar so does GH5 have the edge, or might I just get RB3 as it's newer?

GH has better set lists on the discs, but RB has by far the better online music store and overall set list.

Welcome aboard - just in time for next weeks epic DLC just been announced;

Paul McCartney – “Maybe I’m Amazed”
Paul McCartney & Wings – “Band on the Run”
Paul McCartney & Wings – “Helen Wheels”
Paul McCartney & Wings – “Let Me Roll It” *
Inhabited – “Open My Eyes”
Siouxsie and The Banshees – “Cities in Dust” *
* Denotes Pro-Guitar/Bass chart availability for an additional $.99

Love Wings!!!

Anybody know if the Logitech wireless guitar for ps3 is officially licensed? Got a couple of Nyko Frontman's but didn't realise that Sony f@#ked it all up with their 3.10 firmware update disabeling 3rd party unlicensed controllers! And googling around gives very little info about what is actually compatible with the new firmware. None of the companies seem to be helpfull to actually let you know what the f#$k works. Ridiculous.

Fender Squier pre orders in USA only at the moment... Really hope it does come out in Europe too. If not though I guess it would be OK to import it?

Fender Squier pre orders in USA only at the moment... Really hope it does come out in Europe too. If not though I guess it would be OK to import it?

Would cost a lot to import due to the size/weight, but yea, it will be technically possible.

Honestly, nobody wants the real guitar more than me, but its not getting great reviews (some guy in the USA even bought one legitimately from BestBuy before X-Mas as they accidently sold it too him).

Reports of strings not being recognised, double string hits (due to the vibration of the strings) etc.

I just love the Mustang, so I dont think I'll bother with the Fender now. Probably just get a real guitar in a few months.

Hmm. Good spot, worth seeing some proper reviews then before I decide anything I guess. I'll have a look in the music store at Bluewater tonight too and see what proper guitars are going for.

Hmm. Good spot, worth seeing some proper reviews then before I decide anything I guess. I'll have a look in the music store at Bluewater tonight too and see what proper guitars are going for.

Proper guitars vary MASSIVELY in price, from a 'set' with an amp and stand/bag from £99 in Argos, to budget knock offs in the music shop from £150 - £350 right upto costing £1000s...

I'm not good enough to really tell he difference, but I had a decentish guitar like Angus Youngs which was £250.

Was a copy of this and I think it sounded ok.

Img498.jpg

HMX said:
Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (Jan. 11):

• “Crawling”
• “In the End” X
• “Numb”
• “Somewhere I Belong”
• “Waiting for the End”
• “What I’ve Done” X

(All tracks are original master recordings)
(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system Jan. 12)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks and as “Linkin Park Pack 01” on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.
:DD

Anyone know where I can pick up the RB3 Wireless guitar for Xbox? I literally cannot find it online or in shops ANYWHERE in the UK?!

Hmm, a bit more than I was expecting / wanting to pay but could be a good option with the free RB3. Thanks :)). Also I was looking at getting just the normal wireless RB3 guitar, not the players edition or precisions bass etc.

Well I've just ordered it! Got Rock Band 3 free with it too so will probably sell my RB1 wired guitar plus brand new RB3 on eBay when it arrives!

Back
Top Bottom