Road to Euro 2012

What a disgrace, first the Irish were robbed in Paris now this. The French did NOTHING in the game, Bosnia had the job done until this.

The ref is RIGHT next to it too, how can he not see it.

I really cant decide on it. The tackle was supposed to be outside but Nasri pulls Spahic's leg between his legs and makes it look as if it's inside. Close call but it's no wonder refs would favour Le Président's country.

it was not penalty.

if there was a foul, it was beyond penalty area.

548405e40ce249ae0c6ca5920477fdff.jpg
It's in on your screenshot...
France play very bad tonight (terrible first half, worst under Laurent Blanc), go to Euro and it's because Platini is president ? come on guys

I havent seen the play, but if I had to judge based only on those images, I would say that's a penalty. Though I don't know if the tackle was clear or not.

I havent seen the play, but if I had to judge based only on those images, I would say that's a penalty. Though I don't know if the tackle was clear or not.

+1

He's on the line and the line belongs to the "penalty area", don't see, why this should be no one. Except from this: Even if France had lost the game they had gone into the relegation stage and let us be honest: I think they would've won there and come to the EC as well. I cannot see any "advantage" for them as in 2010.

+1

He's on the line and the line belongs to the "penalty area", don't see, why this should be no one. Except from this: Even if France had lost the game they had gone into the relegation stage and let us be honest: I think they would've won there and come to the EC as well. I cannot see any "advantage" for them as in 2010.

Biggest problem was that every touch was foul and yellow (for Bosnia), but foul on Bosnia player was 10x time harder to get.
I remember 3-4 situation around 20m from goal and there was no foul for Bosnia. But one small touch and there is yellow for Bosnia player.
I will try to find 2nd halftime video and put here to see :COAT:

Why they would've won there, huh? France is not a super class team any longer or rather they don't give any impression of it and I see it's quite possible under such huge pressure of play-offs. So it's really a big advantage for them imo. I hope there's no hidden intention of being with the opponents of Bosnia and Turkey. Anyway, I think you're going 'on paper' too much, S-Nipe.

Looking forward to vid, CroCHEF.

Biggest problem was that every touch was foul and yellow (for Bosnia), but foul on Bosnia player was 10x time harder to get.
I remember 3-4 situation around 20m from goal and there was no foul for Bosnia. But one small touch and there is yellow for Bosnia player.

Well, I did not see the match and so I only referred to the pictures above and on the picture it looks like a clear penalty.

Why they would've won there, huh? France is not a super class team any longer or rather they don't give any impression of it and I see it's quite possible under such huge pressure of play-offs. So it's really a big advantage for them imo. I hope there's no hidden intention of being with the opponents of Bosnia and Turkey. Anyway, I think you're going 'on paper' too much, S-Nipe.

Looking forward to vid, CroCHEF.

France would've definitely made it into the finals, these teams in the relegation(Turkey, Ireland, Estonia, Croatia, Montenegro and even the Czech Republic are more or less beatable, only Portugal would've been a very hard task, but I still think, France would've won) aren't weak teams but they'd all have to have a very good day to win against France, even if France lost their rule as dominating football nation.

Last edited:
And offcourse we Greece are again in Euro! Unbeaten!!!

We will be over Argentina in Fifa World Ranking and in 8th place!!!!

Closing down Brazil now...LOL

About France: haven't seen the match, but based on those pictures in here, i agree with drekkard: it seems a penallty. And even if it isn't what has Platini got to do with it?

Belgium: yes we are out...damn.
Young team: Germany's team is younger...yet they seem to play for years on this level.
Belgium started the match outstanding, but the when Germany decided to attack, they scored immediately (and it could have been worse because Mignolet was outstanding). There used to be a time i didn't like German football, now i really like it. Yesterday they scored 3 absolute class goals against a good team. You got to admire them: fast, one touch football and they stayed very calm at the beginning of the match when Belgium were dominating...and this all without their most important player (Schweinsteiger). I already hope for a final Germany-Spain...that would be great.

Belgium: we miss a good striker. I'm beginning to think more and more that Romelu Lukaku is the new Freddy Adu: much adu about nothing (and i like the kid, i really do...he's such a nice guy). Yesterday he had one good action, but what worries me is his poor first touch and the fact that he just seems unable to give a simple good pass (to Witsel).

Belgium did not loose qualification against Germany, if you concede a injury time equaliser against Austria (4-4), can't win in Azerbaijian and miss a penalty at home against your biggest opponent, sadly you don't deserve to go to an EC. I wish Turkey the best of all luckn they deserved to be second in that group (but to be honest they never impressed me like they did in 2002).
And now for Belgium? We have a very offensive thinking team and a very defensive coach...maybe that is a good combination, maybe it isn't...Is the coach to blame? I'm don't think so...the players were good but made crucial individual mistakes (Van Buyten against Germany, Kompany in Turkey, Witsel missing a penalty against Turkey in Brussels, Hazard against Austria...). They are all mistakes from (relatively) young players...but once again the German national team's average age is younger than our team...

Rant over.

PS: Any team that wants to buy Hazard should look at Dries Mertens and buy him or buy them both...they are a joy to watch and play very well together...

If I'm not wrong it was the second leg of us against Belgium. Hazard came off in the second half after a poor performance and Mertens was subbed in. I said thank God we got rid of the biggest threat first but after a few minutes watching Mertens, I was like "WTF?! This lad is gonna rape us! May God save us!". He's really a quality material but still he's the feature in him that is because I cant like many players, he's too short for my liking. I see another Eredivisie monster going to a top league at the end of the season.

Btw, we're officially the worst runner-up as I expected. :LOL:

Last edited:
I thought it was a penalty as well. Sad for Bosnia but if they'd played that well against France in the home game last year, they'd probably have gone through as group winners.

it was a foul but NOT inside penalty area. nasri just fell over penalty area. all those who cannot see it, need to star wearing glasses.

also craig thompsom made some very bad calls. he was way too bias.

first ireland, now bosnia. shame on refs!

2mcef03.jpg

30sgiyw.jpg

Last edited:

+1

Wow I am completely disgusted with our NT. If Petrović stays as coach, and Tole Karadžić stays as president of Serbian NT our football is officially dead.

EDIT: Vidić and Stanković retired for NT.

Last edited:
They've been hit badly by retirements, those two you mention and also Lukovic and Lazovic retired from NT a few years ago. And the keeper Stojkovic no longer plays due to other circumstances.

I thought it was a penalty as well. Sad for Bosnia but if they'd played that well against France in the home game last year, they'd probably have gone through as group winners.
The foul are just after your screens, or maybe you want too show Spahic (the butcher) do two fouls on the same action ?

The foul are just after your screens, or maybe you want too show Spahic (the butcher) do two fouls on the same action ?

+1

You can clearly see this isn't the foul we are taking about when comparing the position of their legs and (more important) the ball. In your picture Nasri doesn't have the ball in the picture on top of the page you can see the ball in front of Nasri.

Rooney to miss all 3 group stage matches after being banned for 3 games. Not sure how UEFA can justify giving Rooney 3 games for kicking an opponent in the final qualifying game and receiving a straight red - after banning Arshavin for 2 matches for kicking an opponent in the final qualifying game and receiving a straight red.

Rooney to miss all 3 group stage matches after being banned for 3 games. Not sure how UEFA can justify giving Rooney 3 games for kicking an opponent in the final qualifying game and receiving a straight red - after banning Arshavin for 2 matches for kicking an opponent in the final qualifying game and receiving a straight red.

Maybe, because Rooney did such things for than just once in his life(f.e. at the WC06 against Portugal). And at least I don't know about something like that in the case of Arshavin.

Maybe, because Rooney did such things for than just once in his life(f.e. at the WC06 against Portugal). And at least I don't know about something like that in the case of Arshavin.

Yep, it's true - serial offender Rooney received his second ever red card in international football.

His reputation is waaaay worse than his actual record.

I agree he's an idiot, but it does seem harsh given precedence of Arshavin.

It isn't harsh, remember what he did against Wigan last years.
There is an intruiging statistic about England's red cards: 8 of the last 10 red cards are for Man Utd players...different standards in Europe?

It isn't harsh, remember what he did against Wigan last years.
There is an intruiging statistic about England's red cards: 8 of the last 10 red cards are for Man Utd players...different standards in Europe?

What does anything he's done in the past have to do with what he did the other day?

Nothing.

In any case, this basically means he's got the summer off (or he might as well). England are shite, without Rooney we're not getting out of the group so he'll not play any part in Euro 2012.

Back
Top Bottom