Road to Euro 2012

Yes I'm a Real Madrid supporter. :LOL: :ROLL:

That's NEWS to me and everyone else! :LMAO:

Oh and I don't deny that bad referee decisions do happen. It's true they do. But just like some FAVOUR other teams, many have favoured Olympiakos over the years too! Especially in the Greek Super League against other Greek teams! Thing is though, YOU just don't wanna remember any of those.
We were talking about how Platini caused disgust and clearly helped French teams against Olympiacos. Why should I refer to the few times Olympiacos got some whistles in Greece?

Platini did not help French teams, not against Olympiakos and not against other teams. It's not because this works in Greece, that it works in Europe. You are making rather ridiculous allegations.

* "this" being a high ranked official who can influence refs...i don't know if it is like that in Greece, but one hears similar stories all the time. Normally i'm not one to use those stories, but in this case...

Platini did not help French teams, not against Olympiakos and not against other teams. It's not because this works in Greece, that it works in Europe. You are making rather ridiculous allegations.

* "this" being a high ranked official who can influence refs...i don't know if it is like that in Greece, but one hears similar stories all the time. Normally i'm not one to use those stories, but in this case...
OK then. Just to let you know, Barcelona overcoming Arsenal last year because of the false red card on Van Persie is not just a simple wrong decision. But if you do not mind seeing your team being stripped from a chance to go through, do not expect me to do the same. Olympiacos has lost many times in Europe because of the ref. We may not be the better team, but we want to be played 50-50 and have equal chances. And no one can blame us for that.

There has been enough discussion about Van Persie's red card to assume that it wasn't part of a big complot to help Barcelona win the CL. I, for one have always thought that Van Persie's red was totally justified.

Sometimes i have the impression that big clubs are allowed more physical contacts than lesser known clubs, but that might be an impression and never because of a complot orchestrated by Platini...Platini's reforms are giving smaller nations club more chances to win silverware...and believe me, i've seen Olympiakos against Belgian teams, IMO they were not better than our teams (even if they got good results like against Standard) and that is simply not good enough to hope for silverware. Face it: your team is not good enough (and has much more financial clout than most other teams from lesser countries...). IMO, considering their finances Olympiakos are serious underachievers in Europe...

Thank God, finally a team showed what we actually are. It's about time to sack the managing squad. Congrats Croatians, truly deserved with an impressive display.

Thank God, finally a team showed what we actually are. It's about time to sack the managing squad. Congrats Croatians, truly deserved with an impressive display.

shit performance from tukey , man i wish they do better all tho i like Croatia too as NT

Portugal ? MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSIIIII :LMAO:

The Turks were terrible and almost lost their discipline near the end. Sabri was very lucky not to be sent off. The fans didn't help by booing Volkan.

Croatia were excellent though, despite have so little of the ball, they were far more intelligent on it than Turkey.

Probably a combination of being a bit hapless - he should've done better on the first goal and the fact there were a lot of Galatasary fans behind his goal in the second half, while he plays for thier bitter rivals Fenerbahçe.

Why did they do that?

i think because he is Fener GK, and because he ironic applauded to fans when they shouted Hiddink go away (or something like that)

384778_219429744793560_107861655950370_513016_536943627_n.jpg

Shameful, just embarrassing. You can't know how I felt while the broadcaster was showing its replays for more than five times. :BLUSH:

Whole team was a bunch of helpless and clueless morons. Thank God Croatians kept it simple and easy so our NT stuff wouldn't and couldn't bitch about refereeing etc.

Probably a combination of being a bit hapless - he should've done better on the first goal and the fact there were a lot of Galatasary fans behind his goal in the second half, while he plays for thier bitter rivals Fenerbahçe.

He played terrible like the whole team but still couldn't kept calm and silent. He provocated the audience instead of ignoring the protests (as if he had a good game) and got what he deserved imo. He was nervous and I think he probably feel that it's about time he'll lost his place with the possible management change. The rivalry has the biggest effect on those of course. Oh, some people are just unnecessary.

Volkan isn't very good anyway. I've never been a fan. He won't be missed if he was gone. Turkey needs a new better younger GK anyway.

Honestly, I have to say I am satisfied with all the results. Portugal will win their game at home and can come to the EC, Croatia will, too. Thank god the Czechs won and hopefully won't loose the second match. Only thing I do not like that much is Estonia's match against Ireland. Ireland has the sympathy of all Europe since Henry's NBA action in the 2010 relegation and did play a good qualification, but I guess many did also hoped an underdog could bring a surprise. I'd like to see both team at the Euro, but right now I guess it is pretty clear, we'll see Ireland there and they deserve it completely.

Volkan isn't very good anyway. I've never been a fan. He won't be missed if he was gone. Turkey needs a new better younger GK anyway.

yep, dude, he's like a surprise package, he had many great moments and he also made too many silly mistakes to expect from a NT keeper (also in Fenerbahçe). the thing is he's favourite of coaching stuff atm. on the young keepers issue we've no worries, we have very good young goalkeepers atm such as Tolga Zengin(28), Cenk Gönen(23), Onur Recep Kıvrak(23) and Sinan Bolat(23).

I dunno why I called him young but let's say "new", anyway Tolga Zengin is more an established one among them imo and I'd highly recommend you to watch him in the upcoming CL fixtures of Trabzonspor. he's the best Turkish gk atm imo, he can be world class sometimes and rarely makes mistakes. maybe you should check his highlights at youtube etc for now.

Cenk (Beşiktaş) and Onur (Trabzonspor) are similar keepers to me, they can have great moments sometimes but they are also trying to show off in the easiest saves needlessly at times which irritates me about them. Both are young, though but no better than Volkan imo. The last one, Sinan, from what I've seen, he has a great self confidence in him which makes him the special one to me among the ones I mentioned. He's Standard Liege's gk atm.

happy days here in ireland,for the 1st time in years there will no nailbiting in the 2nd leg,now for the draw to see where we will be going next summer

Honestly, I have to say I am satisfied with all the results. Portugal will win their game at home and can come to the EC.
What are you God or something like that to know that Portugal will qualify. Have you even watched the game, Portugal have just 1 clear chance when Cristina missed it and Bosnia had two of them.In the end they should be happy with draw and yeah please just don't say it's about field.While Portugal was playing in Zenica, Bosnia surely didn't play their game on Wembley.In the end Portugal had a referee on their side too.

What are you God or something like that to know that Portugal will qualify. Have you even watched the game, Portugal have just 1 clear chance when Cristina missed it and Bosnia had two of them.In the end they should be happy with draw and yeah please just don't say it's about field.While Portugal was playing in Zenica, Bosnia surely didn't play their game on Wembley.In the end Portugal had a referee on their side too.

Surely you didn't watch the first half when we have outplayed you. Bosnia has only improved when Ibisevic came in, and that just happened because our coach hasn't a clue about football, playing Ruben Micael, a creative midfielder, instead of an hold one was laughable.

About the pitch, that's your exclusively fault. Your FA picked that field for somehow so you took what you wanted. Our FA proposed Sarajevo, apparently, that stadium has better condition to play and watch football. Moreover, Bosnia, Portugal and UEFA had a compromise that you have broken for some reason: you have irrigated the field before the game starts when it was said that it would damage the pitch even more.

Don't understand why you blame the ref when he had a good match.

If we play our football then I think we won't have any problem going through.

Because Portugal is one of the best NTs in the world(and will be able to win at home) and Bosnia isn't. Full stop.

Sinan Bolat I like a lot and I agree about his 'confidence'. It's a MAJOR thing for any great goalkeeper and he has that about him.

I'm slightly familiar with the young promising Besiktas goalkeeper Gonen but not with the Trabzonspor goalkeepers.

Either way, like you said, I think it's time for Volkan to be put aside and maybe kept as #2 (backup) to one of those more promising, younger keepers who can also become much better than him in future.

Portugal vs. Bosnia in 2nd leg will be very tense I think! It's far from over and anything can happen. ONE mistake can and probably will decide the game. One dumb red card, one dubious penalty... I can see it already.

I'd give the edge to Portugal playing at home but it's 60%-40% for me and still literally a cointoss. Anything can happen.

I do think Croatians and Ireland are through though the 2nd leg may surprise people with its results.

Czechs still have to be on the tip of their toes though! They've got a great result in first leg but it's not over yet.

I just lol'd.

Back
Top Bottom