Road to Euro 2012

gabe.paul.logan

Retired Footballer
7 January 2007
Budapest
Hungary
We are nearly at the end of the qualifying stage.

We are in a really hard situation:
- we have played 8 matches (2 against sweden and 2 against the dutches)
- sweeden played 7 but they have one more against the netherlands and hopefully they will lose against them
...but in this situation if we have the same points at the end with sweeden then the results against each other decides who is the promoted team... and now sweden has the upper hand so we just can hope that they will make a mistake in the future.
http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro2012/ma...171/match=2002066/postmatch/report/index.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=89A0IKR5G-A

How about you?

Last edited:
Italy now has the best defence out of all the groups. Conceded 1 goal in 7 games, winning 6 and drawing 1. We just need to draw our next game (assuming Serbia beats Faroe Island), and we're through!

we (Albania) lose last night vs france , shit 1st half we were losing 2-0 , much respect for france in last night match i dont really like that , 2nd half was much better and we score in 1st min but after cants score more and if we did good football , so with last night lose i think we lose chance :S

And we (Belgium) are as good as out...Another draw in Azerbaijian means that Turkey need loose all the other matches and Belgium win them all (including in Germany...). This extremely talented crop of players just doesn't seem able to obtain decent results. The problem is that we only have one typical goal scorer (Vossen), but he never plays. Yesterday Lukakuy started, but (as always) was pretty bad. Belgium took the lead by a penalty and then the only thing they had in mind was playing champaign football: backheels, Marseille roulettes,...but they simply never thought about scoring a second goal. In the 84th minute the one Azeri attack provided a goal...finito.

I don't understand that a team with those players cannot win against Azerbaijian: Mignolet- Alderweireld- Vertonghen-Kompany-Lombaerts-Simons-Fellaini-Witsel-Hazard-Lukaku-Mertens (the least know of all, but currently by far the best).

And then Courtois, Dembele, Defour, Vermaelen, Vossen, De Bruyne and others weren't even playing.

Damn...rant over (sorry).

Last edited:
Perfect road to euro 2012 for germany.

8 Games, 8 won, 28:5 goals. Favorits for the euro 2012 between Spain and Netherlands.

Nothing more to say ;)

And we (Belgium) are as good as out...Another draw in Azerbaijian means that Turkey need loose all the other matches and Belgium win them all (including in Germany...). This extremely talented crop of players just doesn't seem able to obtain decent results. The problem is that we only have one typical goal scorer (Vossen), but he never plays. Yesterday Lukakuy started, but (as always) was pretty bad. Belgium took the lead by a penalty and then the only thing they had in mind was playing champaign football: backheels, Marseille roulettes,...but they simply never thought about scoring a second goal. In the 84th minute the one Azeri attack provided a goal...finito.

I don't understand that a team with those players cannot win against Azerbaijian: Mignolet- Alderweireld- Vertonghen-Kompany-Lombaerts-Simons-Fellaini-Witsel-Hazard-Lukaku-Mertens (the least know of all, but currently by far the best).

And then Courtois, Dembele, Defour, Vermaelen, Vossen, De Bruyne and others weren't even playing.

Sounds like the manager needs sacking and you need to bring in someone who can actually coach these boys properly Gerd.

we (Albania) lose last night vs france , shit 1st half we were losing 2-0 , much respect for france in last night match i dont really like that , 2nd half was much better and we score in 1st min but after cants score more and if we did good football , so with last night lose i think we lose chance :S
Albania play a great second half, France touch 2 times the post in this half, but Albania take the ball possession !
Just a bad start for Cana and company, Albania need really to believe in her chance on next games.

Croatia is going very well, only 1 point less than Greece. We won last match against Malta (Malta 1:3 Croatia), but we are playing really poor football. Our head coach Bilić is an idiot, and almost everyone wish him go. He calls in Kalinić (Dnipro, only 1 goal), but not Petrić who scores few goals in 4-5 games.

BILIĆU ODLAZI!

Albania play a great second half, France touch 2 times the post in this half, but Albania take the ball possession !
Just a bad start for Cana and company, Albania need really to believe in her chance on next games.

yeah but we were also near to score 2nd goal , i believe with a bit of luck can be 2-2 this match , however when start match i see fear on players , great atmosphere from fans tho shame i dont travel to watch match .....

Cana is my fav player its my idol its everything for me but hes performance wasnt what im learn to see from him , more low than in others match !

Croatia is going very well, only 1 point less than Greece. We won last match against Malta (Malta 1:3 Croatia), but we are playing really poor football. Our head coach Bilić is an idiot, and almost everyone wish him go. He calls in Kalinić (Dnipro, only 1 goal), but not Petrić who scores few goals in 4-5 games.

BILIĆU ODLAZI!

I thought persons love Bilić , me personaly i like Croatia NT and i also like this trainer , he put heart for his team its kind of BVB trainer .... however i dont follow good what he do so maybe he do wrong desisions !

Last edited:
Greece is first in Group F with 17, where the only decent opponent is Croatia. We are unbeaten, 5 wins, 2 draws with only 3 more matches to go.
Tomorrow A vs Latvia
Next month H vs Croatia
A vs Georgia

If Greece win Latvia and Croatia wins Israel tomorrow, then those two teams will fight for the first place as no one else will be able to reach them. But if Croatia draws and we win, then we have a lot chances to finish 1st.
Last game was against Israel away and during mid-day, which during summer is a weather that football cannot be played easily. Despite that, we managed to win 0-1 thanks to Ninis scoring a goal in the second half.

Why isn't Mirallas called for the Belgium squad? He had a decent season and he seems to be still in last years form. Take for example Pantelic, who scored for Serbia in their last game:P

Now we are 1st in our gruop. We won against Malta before few days 3:1, and also we win today against Israel 3:1.
Last game we play against Greece in Athena, and all we need is not to loose, so we are still 1st in group and we are in Cup.

utter failure tonight in Zilina for Slovakia..

goodbye Euro.. good luck to Ireland or Armenia for the second place.

if slovaks beat russia ireland will come top, i still want them to sack trap :CONFUSE: today we play russia ans they had 24 shots to 3,ireland were terrible, it has to be the worst group in europe

Yeah I don't quite understand how such a legendary and successful manager like Trappatoni can consistently screw over his own chances by picking terrible teams and formations.

Mind you, Capello is the same, maybe they should stick to club management or retire before they get senile.

Trappatoni used to be a great coach, but that was in an entirely different football era. He hasn't evolved...he still let his teams play like in the 80's...since then football has changed radically.
If i'm not mistaken Trappatoni was the Italian coach at the 2002 WC. That Italian team was pathetic...very defensive while they had enough class players to play a more offensive football.

A litle bit off-topic. Yesterday Belgium won a a friendly against a very good USA team (i was impressed by an American player called Torres...and AMF...very, very good) but Belgium were clearly stronger. A well dserved win...but..it should have been a draw in the 85th minute the USA scored a goal that was disallowed for off-side. This was never off-side. So basically we have once again the same problem: dominating for about 60 minutes (from 15th till the 75th), having chance after chance...only scoring once (Lombaerts, a defender, typically) and at the end of the match giving away a goal (which this time luckily was disallowed). They are playing very good football, but choke time after time...

Some shocking results yesterday.

Luxemburg - Albania 2-1
Slovakia - Armenia 0-4
Estonia - Northern-Ireland 4-1
Latvia - Greece 1-1

Yes, most likely you can say goodbye to the Euro, as Russia is likely to play even better than the match with Ireland, because for us it is most likely also the most important match in the qualifying. Although if you remember the result of the previous match, may still be ... In short, good luck, you'll need it, most likely it will be a match worthy of the finale, all resolved within a monthoh ... and GO Russia! :P:RSCARF:

A special thanks to Armenia, because thanks to them we were able to maintain first place in the group, THANKS Armenia, go to the Euro you deserve it! :WORSHIP:

Luxemburg - Albania 2-1
Yes, well done Luxembourg, yesterday was a great game for them, they deserved this victory, although less of them and I and did not expect. :P

RIP Mikey Dye.
Local lad and ex team mate killed at Wales v England game last night.
Absolutely shocking from the scum who did it!!! :(

Back
Top Bottom