PC Responsiveness - Survey

guys for nvidia users:
1- force limit fps in nvidia inspector to 60
2-vsync off in control panel.default settings.
tell us how u feel the game is right now.
do you realise that forcing FPS to 60 is as same as turning vsync on?
non-3D displays run at 60Hz and locking it to 60FPS is actualy vsyncing it...

ehm, no its not
wrong understanding

if tearing is a non issue or tolerated hes right to do it like this, but game runs 60 anyway so its a bit useless
try forcing 59 instead @guy doing it, shud be a bit better response/feeling to it

Last edited:
do you realise that forcing FPS to 60 is as same as turning vsync on?
non-3D displays run at 60Hz and locking it to 60FPS is actualy vsyncing it...

Incorrect.

A frame rate cap and v-sync are two different things.

V-sync eliminates screen tear at the expense of input lag whereas a frame rate cap does neither of those things, it just stops your card working harder than it needs to.

screen tear apears when framerate exceeds the displays refresh rate.
input lag has nothing to do with vsync.
no ideea where you get your info from...

I can confirm that replays/cut scenes are rendered at 40-45fps.
Even with very powerful GPU, it stutters (and can prove it screenies too ;))).

Gampeplay is solid 75 FPS though. Go figure!

Phew, thought it was me. My game runs smooth, but the cut scenes are choppy. The replays are SHITE!

screen tear apears when framerate exceeds the displays refresh rate.
input lag has nothing to do with vsync.
no ideea where you get your info from...

Screen tearing can occur at any frame rate. It's the changing fps that causes it.

V-sync adds lag. It's common knowledge.

Come on man.

Windows 7 and 8.1 (Dual-Boot)
4.4 i5 2500k
16Gb RAM
ATi 7970

Rock solid 60fps, high, vsync on.

Lag when switching players (it's killing me):FAIL:

God-awful player awareness some kinda thing when that £35m striker just freaking stands and watches the ball when he's a yard away in the box :FAIL:

Super CPU Defenders who, when I have a few yards on them, seem outrun Olympic Champion Bolt :FAIL:

Graphically great. Needs some patching to fix the button lag on switching player and those damned defenders.. :RANT:

Game on

COME ON YOU BLUES (ITFC FOREVER):BOP:

This is my problem too, the game runs well, great replay. But I have some pauses in milliseconds During gameplay screen, small lags. I think it's because of the v-sync. I Set the nvidia control force v-sync, but not had in effect. You know something to help me?

Last edited:
looked at process?
can u be just a tiny bit more precise? lol

as i wrote radeon pro still shows d3d9 api..
forget this crap

1jx3eq.jpg

Like I said without above, I would only get DX9.0 in process. Weird.

Some games are optimized for just one version of DirectX like Crysis 3 for DirectX 11. PES 2014 should be optimized for several versions of DirectX (9-11) and that is veeeeeeeeeeery difficult thing to do! KONAMI gave priority to dxd11 but they have modified FOX for this game and there we are… So, basically, people with normal/average PC systems are screwed until KONAMI releases patch fix for this.

If you have high-end PC, you should force PES to run dxd11, only. You can do that by adding one of these commands in pes.exe (shortcut / target field):

-dx11
/dx11
-DX11
-d3dx11
This is similar to D3DOverrider but much cleaner and more direct.

First one worked for me. Yes, it helps but I do not like to use this. I should be able to run this PES in freaking sleep mode and this does not solve all problems. Also, I don’t know is it dangerous if you force this and your GPU doesn’t support dxd11, your card is not strong enough or you have gremlins in your PC. It will probably overheat GPU (even CPU) or it will not work at all. If you don’t know how to check temperatures, don’t use this! First signs of overheating are fans screaming and game freezing for a second! Back-up original exe before doing this. Patch I have installed works fine after this but it doesn’t mean that yours will.

I’m sure that optimization problem will be solved with future uptades because it is dxd related (as you can see) and solvable but it takes some time. We all know that KONAMI like PC platform, right?

KONAMI, stop embarrassing yourself!
ML suck this year!
Adam Bhatti should be optimized for PC platform. I’ve noticed some responsiveness issues with him, as well.

How configuri pes.exe it in? Hexadecimal? Can help me or try to level up your pes2014.exe me?

How configuri pes.exe it in? Hexadecimal? Can help me or try to level up your pes2014.exe me?

No, no, no… No hexadecimal guesses, just typing in pes2014.exe shortcut/target field and please read that red part of my post.

Also, you should definitely use configuration tips/tricks for your graphic card. Just read what good people have posted on that topic in this thread. I forgot to mention that. I thought it was implied.

Even if you manage to have smooth gameplay, you’ll still have only few stadiums, terrible Master League, shitty on-line and my personal favourite - glasses in edit mode…

I’m seriously considering giving FIFA 14 another chance.

vsync adding lag is common fantasy.

It's hard fact.

As an example, pretty much all hardcore racing simulation players avoid using vsync because of the input delay that it adds. Car control is more direct and responsive without the slight delay caused by vsync.

Here's some 'fantasy' bedtime reading for you:

http://vsra.forumotion.com/t109-vsync-and-input-lag

Vsync causes the program to "halt" or relinquish process time until it receives a message from the monitor that a frame has been completed. Then it copies the frame buffer before the next screen writing process begins. Meanwhile, I don't care how fast your computer is, it is doing exactly nothing while it waits, including NOT processing inputs, physics, etc even though you are still using them. Waiting = delay by definition. The fastest computer in the world is going to have 0 effect on the type of delay we are talking about here since this type of lag is solely based on the monitor's ability to draw and respond as quickly as it can.

No, no, no… No hexadecimal guesses, just typing in pes2014.exe shortcut/target field and please read that red part of my post.

Also, you should definitely use configuration tips/tricks for your graphic card. Just read what good people have posted on that topic in this thread. I forgot to mention that. I thought it was implied.

Even if you manage to have smooth gameplay, you’ll still have only few stadiums, terrible Master League, shitty on-line and my personal favourite - glasses in edit mode…

I’m seriously considering giving FIFA 14 another chance.

Well, I tried it but nothing has changed really. Still get 60fps smooth gameplay but also 60fps not so smooth cutscenes, replays and formation screen:CONFUSE: How is that even possible? Frame skipping comes to mind again.

You guys arguing over v-sync and framerates should just direct your frutration at Konami,they really should stop trying to compete with EA and STOP with the half finished fucking yearly releases and go back to just releasing great games when they are ready to ship ,not to meet deadlines,i'd be much happier with a great pes every 4 years with the odd transfer update ,than dealing with this shit every goddam year.

ehm, no its not
wrong understanding

if tearing is a non issue or tolerated hes right to do it like this, but game runs 60 anyway so its a bit useless
try forcing 59 instead @guy doing it, shud be a bit better response/feeling to it
bro after playing with vsync off, the game is unpalayable shoppy and stuttery, it's buttery smooth with vsync but input lag...right now i'm playing using d3doverider for vsync on, no triple buffering, nvidia control panel is default, i'm experiencing more input lag in day matches, less in night matches,anyone has a say??

bro after playing with vsync off, the game is unpalayable shoppy and stuttery, it's buttery smooth with vsync but input lag...right now i'm playing using d3doverider for vsync on, no triple buffering, nvidia control panel is default, i'm experiencing more input lag in day matches, less in night matches,anyone has a say??

well, use triple buffering to reduce "input-lag" with render ahead limit 0 to reduce it even further
i know i cant play w/o vsync too, jerky as hell

Some games are optimized for just one version of DirectX like Crysis 3 for DirectX 11. PES 2014 should be optimized for several versions of DirectX (9-11) and that is veeeeeeeeeeery difficult thing to do! KONAMI gave priority to dxd11 but they have modified FOX for this game and there we are… So, basically, people with normal/average PC systems are screwed until KONAMI releases patch fix for this.

If you have high-end PC, you should force PES to run dxd11, only. You can do that by adding one of these commands in pes.exe (shortcut / target field):

-dx11
/dx11
-DX11
-d3dx11
This is similar to D3DOverrider but much cleaner and more direct.

First one worked for me. Yes, it helps but I do not like to use this. I should be able to run this PES in freaking sleep mode and this does not solve all problems. Also, I don’t know is it dangerous if you force this and your GPU doesn’t support dxd11, your card is not strong enough or you have gremlins in your PC. It will probably overheat GPU (even CPU) or it will not work at all. If you don’t know how to check temperatures, don’t use this! First signs of overheating are fans screaming and game freezing for a second! Back-up original exe before doing this. Patch I have installed works fine after this but it doesn’t mean that yours will.

I’m sure that optimization problem will be solved with future uptades because it is dxd related (as you can see) and solvable but it takes some time. We all know that KONAMI like PC platform, right?

KONAMI, stop embarrassing yourself!
ML suck this year!
Adam Bhatti should be optimized for PC platform. I’ve noticed some responsiveness issues with him, as well.

I don´t know if its placebo but, so smooth an quality I can believe, also input lag almost has gone :SHOCK:
I´ll try more...thanks mate.

I don´t know if its placebo but, so smooth an quality I can believe, also input lag almost has gone :SHOCK:
I´ll try more...thanks mate.

I tried, it was just the command line in the shortcut was like "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ KONAMI \ Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 \ pes2014.exe" / dx11, however not noticed effect on the game, that lag delay on screen keeps popping up, I forced v-sync, but still the same.

for me works ...pes2014.exe" - dx11 . My card ATI 7770 1Gb.
Catalyst config:
AA off
Filter standart
triple buffer off
vsync off

after few games also better replays and faster menu navigation, almost gone shooting lag in advanced mode.
Better quality graphics (really thik so)
Madness ;) but it´s only my case

About the vsync debate. I remember a few versions ago, but not exactly which, that for nvidia the in-game vsync setting caused a huge delay when, fox example, the action cut between normal gameplay and a corner kick or replay. Forcing vsync externally fixed it somehow. I also remember when Windows Vista/7 had a weird habit of forcing a refresh rate of 59hz which made it impossible to turn on vsync via settings.exe.

I'm foggy on those details for those past situations but I've been playing PES on PC long enough to know that there are always issues which can be improved or fixed by users like us trying shit and seeing what happens.

I mentioned it in the OP but who remembers the INTEL vs AMD disconnection issue? This was identified and confirmed by users on this forum and over on pesfan. Soon enough Konami had different lobbies for each cpu and then finally it was fixed.

Just keep trying and keep us up to date on your results :)

edit
And please remember to be as 'scientific' as you can with testing. Same stadium, same teams, etc etc.

after few games also better replays and faster menu navigation, almost gone shooting lag in advanced mode.
Better quality graphics (really thik so)
Madness ;) but it´s only my case

I thought the shooting lag in advance shooting simply because it is broken? I mean you have to release the left stick first in order to make the player shoot (since you're in the middle of aiming your shot when pushing the stick). Console users also reported the same problem. I'm not sure, maybe i am wrong though.

windows 7 N 64-bit
AMD Phenom II X4 960T Processer 3.0 GHz
8gb RAM
Nvidia GTX 570 twin frozr iii

these are my specs, i know nothing really so would like to know if they are good enough to play pes on high settings, im getting lag and slow motion no matter what i do, is there anything i can do with the graphics card to sort it out? thanks for any help

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom