PC Responsiveness - Survey

@defade, sorry, off topic but any chance of making an Option File again this year? You know, with updated kits, badge, and real names ONLY, no extra stuff?
Some people were asking about it in the other thread too ;)

ok I tested with and without triple buffering. No difference for me, and I actually find the game to be responsive as before. I don't really feel any Input lag either. Vsync is still on. Gonna test with it off.

with Vsync off, the game doesn't even register my xbox controller input? Can't even kickoff. Had to quit game and turn my Vsync back on. I also tried Driver default, game works perfectly fine on that setting too

Last edited:
You can set fps limit by downloading nvidia inspector and setting fps limit there by chosen game profile.

Alright, so I tried the Nvidia Inspector tool and it worked pretty good I must say! :))

16jlpwn.jpg

I turned V-sync off and locked frame rate to 75 fps, that gave me a pretty pleasant, zippy, gaming experience while there was little (but some) flicker and my laptop didn't overheat (although the fans were running on high), so until Konami fixes this issue through a patch or something I'm sticking with this nifty tool...and I guess some further tweaking can be done.

My specs btw are the following:
CPU: Intel Core i7 3517U @ 1.90 GHz
RAM: 6 GB @ 800 MHz
GFX: Nvidia Geforce GT 630M, 2048 MB

Any other ATI users tried this "double vsync" without triple buffering in radeonpro and want to report in? It's working lovely for me.

My out of date specs:

Core2Quad 2.5GHz
4GB DDR2
1GB GTX460
1440x900 16:10 widescreen
Adaptive v-sync enabled on latest Nvidia Forceware control panel

Before 1.01 patch, it was unresponsive. But the patch solve the issue. Sure the response is not as smooth as butter, but i'm talking about a half of a second difference here. Frame rate is stable, 60fps during gameplay, dip a bit during cutscene and replay. So it's all good.

thats exactly the point i flirted with the idea to buy the PS4, only the screen settings and thats it
but no pes on ps4..

they dont want my money..
pc version is that cheap in price i ask myself why i even care..
wrong politic from japan, very very wrong

@defade, sorry, off topic but any chance of making an Option File again this year? You know, with updated kits, badge, and real names ONLY, no extra stuff?
Some people were asking about it in the other thread too ;)

All I did to make my OF was follow kit formulae and import other people's graphics. So far I can't find such formulae to use but if they appear somewhere I suppose I might put an OF together again.

All I did to make my OF was follow kit formulae and import other people's graphics. So far I can't find such formulae to use but if they appear somewhere I suppose I might put an OF together again.

Sounds great. Hope you find it. We need a complete OF badly :D

the input lag makes this game UNPLAYABLE. there's literally 0.7-1 second delay from when I press a button to where it registers. It's incredibly frustrating. ball comes into the box and you press shoot before it goes to your player, it should make the player hit the ball first time. wrong. he takes it on the chest, waits and then shoots. I have to make a pass literally 2 seconds before a defender comes to me, otherwise I've lost the ball

ridiculous.

CPU: i5 2500k
GPU: 6950
RAM: 16GB
Res: 2560x1440 constant 60fps

Very much the same problem here. Awful.

Some games are optimized for just one version of DirectX like Crysis 3 for DirectX 11. PES 2014 should be optimized for several versions of DirectX (9-11) and that is veeeeeeeeeeery difficult thing to do! KONAMI gave priority to dxd11 but they have modified FOX for this game and there we are… So, basically, people with normal/average PC systems are screwed until KONAMI releases patch fix for this.

If you have high-end PC, you should force PES to run dxd11, only. You can do that by adding one of these commands in pes.exe (shortcut / target field):

-dx11
/dx11
-DX11
-d3dx11
This is similar to D3DOverrider but much cleaner and more direct.

First one worked for me. Yes, it helps but I do not like to use this. I should be able to run this PES in freaking sleep mode and this does not solve all problems. Also, I don’t know is it dangerous if you force this and your GPU doesn’t support dxd11, your card is not strong enough or you have gremlins in your PC. It will probably overheat GPU (even CPU) or it will not work at all. If you don’t know how to check temperatures, don’t use this! First signs of overheating are fans screaming and game freezing for a second! Back-up original exe before doing this. Patch I have installed works fine after this but it doesn’t mean that yours will.

I’m sure that optimization problem will be solved with future uptades because it is dxd related (as you can see) and solvable but it takes some time. We all know that KONAMI like PC platform, right?

KONAMI, stop embarrassing yourself!
ML suck this year!
Adam Bhatti should be optimized for PC platform. I’ve noticed some responsiveness issues with him, as well.

Last edited:
if the game was more unresponsive it would be called windows BSOD.
it's not just the input lag, the teamate AI are just dumb idiots . They are more trouble to your team than the opponet's defenders. they just bump into you and that just starts a player changing frenzy , of course the cursor changes to the least needed player.

the input lag makes this game UNPLAYABLE. there's literally 0.7-1 second delay from when I press a button to where it registers. It's incredibly frustrating. ball comes into the box and you press shoot before it goes to your player, it should make the player hit the ball first time. wrong. he takes it on the chest, waits and then shoots. I have to make a pass literally 2 seconds before a defender comes to me, otherwise I've lost the ball

ridiculous.

CPU: i5 2500k
GPU: 6950
RAM: 16GB
Res: 2560x1440 constant 60fps

First of all, make sure that your passing settings are not set to "advanced", for some reason that makes the players respond much slower.

And like many other before you - try to experiment with V-sync and other graphic variables, for me it made a huge difference.

Last edited:
My out of date specs:

Core2Quad 2.5GHz
4GB DDR2
1GB GTX460
1440x900 16:10 widescreen
Adaptive v-sync enabled on latest Nvidia Forceware control panel

Before 1.01 patch, it was unresponsive. But the patch solve the issue. Sure the response is not as smooth as butter, but i'm talking about a half of a second difference here. Frame rate is stable, 60fps during gameplay, dip a bit during cutscene and replay. So it's all good.
bro are u using vsync on control panel? what are ur control panel settings? are u using d3doverrider for vsync?

If you have high-end PC, you should force PES to run dxd11, only. You can do that by adding one of these commands in pes.exe (shortcut / target field):

-dx11
/dx11
-DX11
-d3dx11
This is similar to D3DOverrider but much cleaner and more direct.

D3DOverrider does not force a game to use a different API. The only thing it does is force vsync and or triple buffering at the driver level - (d3d)overrid(er)ing the games settings.

This is a directx 9 game and you cannot 'force' it to use directx 11. I appreciate your contribution and I've been experiencing a fair amount of placebo with all my tweaking so I hate to say it - but this is incorrect information.

ALLOW me to share my key to fixing framerate issues: DOWNLOAD REFRESHLOCK and FORCE your FPS for your fav. resolution to a higher res. such as 120 or thereabout. That, coupled w/ DoubleVsync and Triple Buffering off in RadeonPro WORKS WONDERS!!

D3DOverrider does not force a game to use a different API. The only thing it does is force vsync and or triple buffering at the driver level - (d3d)overrid(er)ing the games settings.

This is a directx 9 game and you cannot 'force' it to use directx 11. I appreciate your contribution and I've been experiencing a fair amount of placebo with all my tweaking so I hate to say it - but this is incorrect information.

Before I tried this, when I looked at process, it only registered the game as DX9.

Now after adding -dx11 to shortcut it registers the game as DX9, DX10 and DX11 :LOL:

So something did work. Dunno what exactly though :D.

guys for nvidia users:
1- force limit fps in nvidia inspector to 60
2-vsync off in control panel.default settings.
tell us how u feel the game is right now.

Before I tried this, when I looked at process, it only registered the game as DX9.

Now after adding -dx11 to shortcut it registers the game as DX9, DX10 and DX11 :LOL:

So something did work. Dunno what exactly though :D.

:O i'll be shutting up now then

Back
Top Bottom