PC Responsiveness - Survey

I'm running it on XP I get a error at the start that stats I need vista or higher to run game and vram is to low (512 mb req) my I choose ignore and game loads up. I get to match start screen then I get the stutters etc. 2gb ram and 2gb graphics card so the only thing that is not in the recommended specs is the operating system. But surely if I upgrade to windows 7 that's not gonna fix it is it?

Windows 7 and 8.1 (Dual-Boot)
4.4 i5 2500k
16Gb RAM
ATi 7970

Rock solid 60fps, high, vsync on.

Lag when switching players (it's killing me):FAIL:

God-awful player awareness some kinda thing when that £35m striker just freaking stands and watches the ball when he's a yard away in the box :FAIL:

Super CPU Defenders who, when I have a few yards on them, seem outrun Olympic Champion Bolt :FAIL:

Graphically great. Needs some patching to fix the button lag on switching player and those damned defenders.. :RANT:

Game on

COME ON YOU BLUES (ITFC FOREVER):BOP:

CPU I7 3770k @4.3ghz
GPU HD MSI 7970 OC BE Driver 13.9
RAM 8GB 1600MHz
SSD 240GB Kingston hyper x 3k
MB Gigabyte Z77X D3H

Game Runs fine, slight micro pausing during game play (actually worse when i use RadeonPro). GPU usage during game play is around 10-20%

Replays and cut scenes are not running at the stated constant 60fps, i would say the frameskip is kicking in, annoying because it is not needed, as GPU usage is 60% max.

Input lag I'm not experiencing this the game is just not as responsive at previous PES games, its just a matter of adjusting to it.

The game is good, but its feels like it needs a couple months more work on it, to optimize the visual and game play. The is nothing that can't be fixed with patches, i just hope Konami release a lots of patches fixing the issues a few at a time, rather than making us wait 3 months for a one patch fix all update.

Well I even upgraded to windows 7 and it's still exactly the same lag only difference is now I don't get the windows error telling me to upgrade to a newer windows and I'm not getting the vram 512mb error either soooo frustraiting

CPU: Intel i7 920
GPU: GeForce GTX 680 4GB (237.23)
Native Resolution: 2560x1080 (tried 1920x1080 as well)
RAM: 12GB
HD: 2 SSD's
v-sync and triple buffering are ON.

Game runs buttery smooth except for the cutscenes, replays and formation screen only after the game starts. For test purposes, I put the game to "low and mid" quality setting and got the same results!! As footyfan mentioned, it feels like frame skipping is on by default. Because when I turned on Frame Skipping last year, this is what I was exactly experiencing.

Last edited:
CPU: Intel i7 920
GPU: GeForce GTX 680 (237.23)
Native Resolution: 2560x1080 (tried 1920x1080 as well)
RAM: 12GB
HD: 2 SSD's
v-sync and triple buffering are ON.

Game runs buttery smooth except for the cutscenes, replays and formation screen only after the game starts. For test purposes, I put the game to "low and mid" quality setting and got the same .
i have the same problem as you even though i have a much older system with a low end gpu, i get 60 fps in gameplay, buttery smooth, but on cutscenes and gameplan it's 35-40 fps and stuttery replays

CPU: Intel Core I3-3240 @ 3.4 ghz
RAM: 4 GB DDR 3, 1600 MHZ
GPU: Radeon 7850 1 Gb DDR5 (overclocked)
Resolution: 1920:1080

Input lag, jerky freekick screen and replays by default. All fixed by turning Vsync on radeonPRO.

I'm really trying to figure this out. You seem to be the only one in the thread whose game is smooth during cutscenes. Settings just like this? Nothing else changed? Which drivers are you using?

pessets.jpg

i have the same problem as you even though i have a much older system with a low end gpu, i get 60 fps in gameplay, buttery smooth, but on cutscenes and gameplan it's 35-40 fps and stuttery replays

I would honestly prefer your situation where the fps actually drops. The fact that so many are sying that fps is holding 60 but maybe the engine is slowing down is super weird.

Any super clever computer types able to delve into the configs and see if there is a hidden setting related to frame skipping?

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7300 @ 2.66GHz x 2 ‎
4GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series ‎(PS5.0/VS5.0)‎

Best results with V-sync and Triple B disabled. Game speed +1 (quite good responsivness)
Cutscenes and replays as majority.

Last edited:
I'm really trying to figure this out. You seem to be the only one in the thread whose game is smooth during cutscenes. Settings just like this? Nothing else changed? Which drivers are you using?

pessets.jpg

I have ONLY vsync 'always on' in radeon pro, no tripple buffering. Driver version: 13.4

4GB RAM

Best results with V-sync and Triple B disabled. Game speed +1 (quite good responsivness)
i'm playing on -1 as of 0 for me is too fast to my taste :).

I7 2600k @4ghz
8 gig ram
ati6950

Play it with dynamic v-sync(through radeon pro) and a custom profile i have used in CC since pes20011/fifa 11(keeps the framerate at 60 with all the bells and whistles on).
Never dips below 60fps evr but stutters like porky pig.
Input lag is unbelievable at lower speed +1 helped a bit,+2 is a joke.
Have not tried 120hz or 3d(fifa13 is ace in 3d or 120hz,i say ace,but it's still fifa hehehe) yet as i really cant bring myself to even load up this frustrating mess.

I7 2600k @4ghz
8 gig ram
ati6950

Play it with dynamic v-sync(through radeon pro) and a custom profile i have used in CC since pes20011/fifa 11(keeps the framerate at 60 with all the bells and whistles on).
Never dips below 60fps evr but stutters like porky pig.
Input lag is unbelievable at lower speed +1 helped a bit,+2 is a joke.
Have not tried 120hz or 3d(fifa13 is ace in 3d or 120hz,i say ace,but it's still fifa hehehe) yet as i really cant bring myself to even load up this frustrating mess.

is it possible to play pes at more than 60hz?

Im playing it at 100hz right now lol,bit stuttery but more responsive(my tv cant go above 100,my monitor can but i cant have 3-4 people sat round my monitor)feels like a different game.

Im playing it at 100hz right now lol,bit stuttery but more responsive(my tv cant go above 100,my monitor can but i cant have 3-4 people sat round my monitor)feels like a different game.

thanks Daftman, I'm going crazy. I'm Making changes on ccc/radeonpro combo from match to match. (all at 60hz, Bedroom TV).

Im going to set-up the game with the living room TV. (Clear Motion Rate 480)

Do you set some value for the dynamic frame control??

Last edited:
Windows 7 64-bit
Phenom II x4 3Ghz
GTX 660 OC 2GB
5 GB RAM
Vsync application controlled
Framerater limiter on via nhancer 60 FPS
1920x1080, high

I was surprised to see always 60 FPS using Fraps. The entry scenes are smooth and most of the cutscenes. The replays are definitely not smooth, looks like frameskipping. Before using Fraps I thought they were rendered at 45 to 50 FPS at most. Button lag is definitely there.

Oh, Konami what have you done to us this time? I can´t understand the design decision to present the highlights in slow motion. IMO Kills the whole action!

Or maybe the reason behind this decision is that they looked like crap in full speed! At least I´m happy to play without the 16:10 black borders because I switched to 16:9. I don´t understand why they can´t fix this, because Juce could always fix it with the kitserver.

Last edited:
thanks Daftman, I'm going crazy. I'm Making changes on ccc/radeonpro combo from match to match. (all at 60hz, Bedroom TV).

Im going to set-up the game with the living room TV. (Clear Motion Rate 480)

Do you set some value for the dynamic frame control??[/

In radeon pro i just change the "display refresh rate " to 120hz after enabling dynamic vsync,can be a bit stuttery if you cant achieve 120fps constant in games,but helps with input lag alot.

I've been trying to play with vsync forced off. Normal gameplay is around 300 fps and feels very responsive and smooth. Regular replays are 70+ fps and corners and goal kicks 120+ and also look smooth. Goal replays which are zoomed drop down to 56-60 fps - BUT - gpu usage is at 100% during this fps drop rather than 20-30% and it seems somehow smoother. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

To repeat that.

Vsync on: replays stuttery as hell with obvious low fps but monitor shows 60fps and 20-30% gpu use.
Vsync off: Replays relatively smooth with fps monitor correctly showing the fps drop but GPU use much much higher.

There is definitely some kind of fps throttling happening in this game that is related to vsync. When the game is showing a demanding scene the fps is being throttled by the engine automatically regardless of if it's necessary. So again, some feature similar to frame skipping is not working as intended on PC. I think that's clear.

Try playing without any vsync if you can stand the tearing and let us know.

edit

I've now lost all sense of what is placebo and what is not so I'm giving up and sticking with these settings: Always On (Double Vsync) without triple buffering in Radeon Pro. This seems to give the best experience for me while also showing the 'real' fps in my osd if and when the slowdowns happen. Now I'm just going to try to enjoy the game as it is because I spend more time screwing around with this than actually playing.

Last edited:
4GB RAM

Hmmm I think I wrote it too fast as I encountered sluttering.
I noticed that sluttering appears always with a duration of playing, because at the beginning it always run smooth and after some time (couple of days) it becomes slutter. It happens this year and it was with previous series 11, 12, 13.
Could sb explain me what is the reason of sluttering after some time of playing and what can I do to eliminate it ?

i'm playing on -1 as of 0 for me is too fast to my taste :).

I understand you but it's the only way to make response better.

Last edited:
I've been trying to play with vsync forced off. Normal gameplay is around 300 fps and feels very responsive and smooth. Regular replays are 70+ fps and corners and goal kicks 120+ and also look smooth. Goal replays which are zoomed drop down to 56-60 fps - BUT - gpu usage is at 100% during this fps drop rather than 20-30% and it seems somehow smoother. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

To repeat that.

Vsync on: replays stuttery as hell with obvious low fps but monitor shows 60fps and 20-30% gpu use.
Vsync off: Replays relatively smooth with fps monitor correctly showing the fps drop but GPU use much much higher.

There is definitely some kind of fps throttling happening in this game that is related to vsync. When the game is showing a demanding scene the fps is being throttled by the engine automatically regardless of if it's necessary. So again, some feature similar to frame skipping is not working as intended on PC. I think that's clear.

Try playing without any vsync if you can stand the tearing and let us know.

I tried turning v-sync off and the game plays like a dream with no input lag whatsoever! :APPLAUD:

But like you say - it uses a lot more GPU-power with v-sync turned off and my poor laptop quickly overheats, causing the game to enter some kind of slowmotion-mode which is not very enjoyable :(

I tried turning v-sync off and the game plays like a dream with no input lag whatsoever! :APPLAUD:

But like you say - it uses a lot more GPU-power with v-sync turned off and my poor laptop quickly overheats, causing the game to enter some kind of slowmotion-mode which is not very enjoyable :(

Have you tried to set a fps limit? Should keep the GPU from over working.

No, I don't know how/where I'd do that?

I have a Nvidia-card. Is there a setting somewhere on the Nvidia control panel that allows you to do that?

You can set fps limit by downloading nvidia inspector and setting fps limit there by chosen game profile.

the input lag makes this game UNPLAYABLE. there's literally 0.7-1 second delay from when I press a button to where it registers. It's incredibly frustrating. ball comes into the box and you press shoot before it goes to your player, it should make the player hit the ball first time. wrong. he takes it on the chest, waits and then shoots. I have to make a pass literally 2 seconds before a defender comes to me, otherwise I've lost the ball

ridiculous.

CPU: i5 2500k
GPU: 6950
RAM: 16GB
Res: 2560x1440 constant 60fps

Yes, AMD users try Radeonpro's 'lock frame rate up to monitor's refresh rate'. That way v-sync can be disabled while fps never goes above 60fps (for instance, if you are running a 60hz display).

Where in CCC can I set lock frame rate ? The same goes to fps limit...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom