PC Responsiveness - Survey

Quotes from few articles so you can see logic in my suggestion.

“Now that we’ve covered all of the AMD and Nvidia anti-aliasing driver options, we have some bad news: the driver-set options often don’t work.
This information probably comes as quite a shock, we know. I always assumed that driver settings trumped everything else when it came to anti-aliasing, but this is definitely not the case. We tested nine games, five of which had an option to use DirectX 9 or DirectX 10/11.”

source:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/anti-aliasing-nvidia-geforce-amd-radeon,2868-7.html

“Command line arguments are strings of keywords that you can pass when running the executable via the command line or a shortcut to the executable. Their purpose is to customize the manner in which the engine runs to suit the needs of the developer or user. This can be as simple as causing the editor to run instead of the game, or it can be much more involved such as starting up the game with a certain map running at a specified resolution and framerate while dumping out each frame to individual image files.”

source:
http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/CommandLineArguments.html

“Vsync forcing is totally unreliable and unstable through the NVIDIA control panel in vista. It rarely works if at all, and certainly does not allow triple buffering in DirectX games.
Since 2.04 DXoverrider has had these abilities to force at the api level ( directx ) and pretty much works for every single game I use”

source:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=241583

Also, it helps a lot if you have monitor with 1-2 ms response time.

THANKS. It worked for me. Just put a space in the command field after you create a PES14 shortcut!! Now FIFA and PES run like butter on a pan..

THANKS. It worked for me. Just put a space in the command field after you create a PES14 shortcut!! Now FIFA and PES run like butter on a pan..

Did I typed the wrong command line: "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ KONAMI \ Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 \ pes2014.exe" / dx11 ?

change nothing thats already there, just add at the end like this:
....." -dx11

gonna try it another time, maybe radeon pro is not showing change but change is there, who to fuck knows its a fucking pc, lol

I've got a ticket open asking tech support about this -dx11 thing. We'll probably have an answer within 4 weeks explaining nothing at all.

no change here, again
but there is definitely something with the crowds going on, in train mode i can play on -1 no problems, friendly match no way its sluggish

Last edited:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO...Just solved the lag problem on my CRAPPY AMD 6620 GFX card, 1.5 Quad core. Maxing FIFA and PES out NOW! Want to know how? Refreshlock!!! Put ur refreshrate to 160 and fiddle w/ the advanced settings so that you get the max refreshes in the smallest time. When you are done, add the PES14.exe into D3Doverrider and disable Triple Buffering and leave Vsync on. Then open Radeon Pro and use settings specific to your machine. I should NOT be able to run PES14 or FIFA14 on MAX graphics at 60+ and yet, I am. This is too good to be true. I would feel guilty if I didn't share my fix. I can upload my Radeon Pro settings if someone likes.

NO LAG LADS!!! ON my crappy LAPTOP. I feel like I've discovered a gold mine!!

change nothing thats already there, just add at the end like this:
....." -dx11

gonna try it another time, maybe radeon pro is not showing change but change is there, who to fuck knows its a fucking pc, lol

After I added a space and -dx11 I noticed an increased smoothness of overall gameplay. NO MORE LAG in replays. Using REFRESHLOCK totally eradicated all LAG. How does Konami NOT know about this, and optomize their game using it?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO...Just solved the lag problem on my CRAPPY AMD 6620 GFX card, 1.5 Quad core. Maxing FIFA and PES out NOW! Want to know how? Refreshlock!!! Put ur refreshrate to 160 and fiddle w/ the advanced settings so that you get the max refreshes in the smallest time. When you are done, add the PES14.exe into D3Doverrider and disable Triple Buffering and leave Vsync on. Then open Radeon Pro and use settings specific to your machine. I should NOT be able to run PES14 or FIFA14 on MAX graphics at 60+ and yet, I am. This is too good to be true. I would feel guilty if I didn't share my fix. I can upload my Radeon Pro settings if someone likes.

great news xav1!, can you put a screenshoot of your Refreshlock? config? thnks!

great news xav1!, can you put a screenshoot of your Refreshlock? config? thnks!

Here's what I did: I found the resolution that was my PES14 was using to run (1366 X 768). In Refreshlock, on the right of those resolutions on the dropdown list, I replaced the 0s with 160s. Then went into Advanced Settings and unchecked the things under the Timing tab. Then, in Safety features set it as 0, 100, 1000.

Last edited:
Here's what I did: I found the resolution that was my PES14 was using to run (1366 X 768). In Refreshlock, on the right of that resolution on the dropdown list, I replaced the 0 with 160. Then went into Advanced Settings and unchecked the things under the Timing tab. Then, in Safety features set it as 0, 100, 1000.

then "SAVE"? and "switch mode"?

then "SAVE"? and "switch mode"?

Yes, but I didnt PRESS the "swtich mode" PART. Weird, but it works. Just save and the program should minimize to your tray.

I should also tell you that I run on High Performance at all times. So, D3D Overrider (set only triple buffering to off) , Refreshlock (using your settings), and Radeon Pro WORK WONDERS!!

Last edited:

Where you put exactly 160s? Safety features, which have respectively 0, 30 and 30000? You could making print screen?

Where you put exactly 160s? Safety features, which have respectively 0, 30 and 30000? You could making print screen?

You put it where you see the many zeros just to the right of that. Pick the 'screen mode' that fits your resolution and then all the way to the right where you see the zeros, put 160.

xav1.... dude! dudeee!,your solution is pure magic, solid replays, better transitions, all the game flows like water! and this is far far away from the placebo effect.

Just this...

adgn75MA.jpg

"Save", and Play!

I did a little experiment. I set to 59hz and pressed 'switch mode'. The screen went black for a few seconds while the new refresh rate was applied. Changed to 60hz and the same happened. When I added higher values than 60, the screen did not go black when changing mode which means that in fact it wasn't changing.

Can anyone say what refresh rate they had before they used this tool? If you were at 59hz on your desktop then this tool may simply be improving things for you by forcing 60hz.

Reminds me of an old issue that was fixed by this tool. I mentioned it earlier.

I also remember when Windows Vista/7 had a weird habit of forcing a refresh rate of 59hz which made it impossible to turn on vsync via settings.exe.

Here's what I did: I found the resolution that was my PES14 was using to run (1366 X 768). In Refreshlock, on the right of those resolutions on the dropdown list, I replaced the 0s with 160s. Then went into Advanced Settings and unchecked the things under the Timing tab. Then, in Safety features set it as 0, 100, 1000.

Those settings you describe refer to the frequency with which the program attempts to override the refresh rate and have nothing to do with the refresh rate of the monitor.

'Forcing' 120hz on a monitor that doesn't support it either won't do anything and could potentially damage it. I've added this to the OP, but I suspect that what is happening here is that the tool is enforcing a 60hz refresh rate. If you're playing at a very low resolution, your screen may be able to go higher but for 1080p it's highly unlikely.

Last edited:
It is placebo effect.

You can check this. Get program like Bandicam and see in game FPS.

It will be @ your current monitor refresh rate in Windows. In my case 75Hz = 75FPS in game.

If you changed to 120Hz in Refresh lock you should see it write 120FPS in game. Game just locks FPS to refresh rate in Windows. With or without vsync, it's always locked out at max refresh rate you have set in Windows.

Refreshlock does nothing, unless you Switch Mode!

I could see the difference between 60Hz and 75Hz though.

It is placebo effect.

You can check this. Get program like Bandicam and see in game FPS.

It will be @ your current monitor refresh rate in Windows. In my case 75Hz = 75FPS in game.

If you changed to 120Hz in Refresh lock you should see it write 120FPS in game. Game just locks FPS to refresh rate in Windows. With or without vsync, it's always locked out at max refresh rate you have set in Windows.

Refreshlock does nothing, unless you Switch Mode!

I could see the difference between 60Hz and 75Hz though.

Obviously, The monitor never change his hz, i dont know what the program does... but i don't have stuttering at replays/entrance never more after this

... again... THIS IS NOT PLACEBO.

Last edited:
It is placebo. Like I said, the game will STILL only work @60fps your end.

Don't have to believe me.

Very easy to prove with Bandicam, MSI Afterburner, etc. This program DOES not work and doesn't make game smoother.

It's a matter of graphic settings, forcing game to run on all cores, setting priority to High, etc.

There would be difference, if your 60FPS turned to 120FPS, but that is not the case.

It is placebo. Like I said, the game will STILL only work @60fps your end.

Don't have to believe me.

Very easy to prove with Bandicam, MSI Afterburner, etc. This program DOES not work and doesn't make game smoother.

It's a matter of graphic settings, forcing game to run on all cores, setting priority to High, etc.

There would be difference, if your 60FPS turned to 120FPS, but that is not the case.

jajajajajaja.

Ok five different people near me.... with placebo ... when they are seeing REPLAYS from a huge stuttering, to nothing.

You are analyzing things in a game that "a different pad can change the response times".

jajajajajaja.

well, use triple buffering to reduce "input-lag" with render ahead limit 0 to reduce it even further
i know i cant play w/o vsync too, jerky as hell
u mean using d3droverrider i put vsync and triple buffer on(medium or high)?
2-render ahead limit is the same as max prerendered frames to 0?

It is not placebo. I closed refreshlock and now my game lags like crazy. So yeah. Just say, RefreshLock might fool the program you are using to test fps. In the end, I have helped someone and I AM SURE that it DOES have an effect. I've done so w/ FIFA and it runs like butter. IT MAY NOT give a higher REFRESH rate than is physically possible, obviously. STILL, you CANNOT doubt the fact that it makes games run like butter that were stuttering prior.

Last edited:
after a while of tests. i found the best solution is to put max prerendered frames to 1 in control panel,and enable triple buffering and vsync through d3doverrider, best way to minimize input lag, better performance on cutscenes...etc.

u mean using d3droverrider i put vsync and triple buffer on(medium or high)?
2-render ahead limit is the same as max prerendered frames to 0?

no its not same, 2 is 2 and 0 is 0 :p
(pre) render ahead (limit), pre rendered frames and flip size queue is all the same just different name
today i tried same settings with d3d overrider and d3dantilag, better than using radeon pro and other results

medium or high is no difference here, weird is i have no sound indication from the tool but i feel/see it works, but thats a side note
enable both vsync and triple buff.

and with antilag tool using setting 2, which is render ahead 1
because 0 is disable tool, 1 is 0, 2 is 1 and so on :))
thats the difference to radeon pro, there render ahead 0 with triple buff. was better than 1, but not with these tools

edit
i tried all the possible combinations with same ingame settings and teams
closest to the settings above comes this: no triple buffer, same with the rest

so basically we found out the same best settings today^^

Last edited:
i'm playing as before:
1-vsync and triplebuffer on via d3doverrider
2-max prerender frames 1 in control panel.

I have adjusted your settings into nvidia Control.
I salute to you, my friend.
The game is running smooth as hell (though I need to play at a lower resolution to get the best out of it 1600x900)
It feels and plays like a whole different game now (and for the better part).
I like the the engine, but Konami seriously needs to optimize it.
Kinda scary if you imagine, that the new fox engine will be used in the upcoming metal gear solid games, which will also run on next gen consoles (and they are kind of based on pc architecture) and you cannot experiment with setting like you do on pc. =/

Kinda scary if you imagine, that the new fox engine will be used in the upcoming metal gear solid games, which will also run on next gen consoles (and they are kind of based on pc architecture) and you cannot experiment with setting like you do on pc. =/

for the better :))
first its different developer not konami and with bigger resources, second its optimized for the console
no need to tweak things

Back
Top Bottom