Red Dead Redemption [PC/PS3/360]

Playing this has made me want to do back to GTA and drive some cars.......

I have a stupid question.
Just got a pardon letter, went to a telegraph office and wanted to deliver it. How do i do this, i tried all that is possible, but i simply can't deliver the damn thing.

Slowly i am getting the hang of it...and i really love it.

A dude asked me to join his posse so i did, i get to blackwater to find out he is on a roof having a shoot out with the old bill.So i climb up the ladder get next to him and then get the message he has become most wanted, so like the good citizen i am i get close and shoot the fucker in the back of the nut Jesse james style and collect the points, he respawns and is hunting me down some other players shoot at him and the fool only turns his back on me again...Nite nite again sunshine...Don't trust pepper old boy.:P

I tried both B and the items menu...
It's clear that i have to deliver the pardon letter becauce a NPC is telling me to do it...could be a bug...

A dude asked me to join his posse so i did, i get to blackwater to find out he is on a roof having a shoot out with the old bill.So i climb up the ladder get next to him and then get the message he has become most wanted, so like the good citizen i am i get close and shoot the fucker in the back of the nut Jesse james style and collect the points, he respawns and is hunting me down some other players shoot at him and the fool only turns his back on me again...Nite nite again sunshine...Don't trust pepper old boy.:P

:LOL:

I'd NEVER turn my back on you.

It's clear that i have to deliver the pardon letter becauce a NPC is telling me to do it...could be a bug...

When you go to the place to pay your bounty, or hand in your pardon letter. I think you scroll through whether you want to pay or use the letter with the left or right stick?

I only used one pardon letter and it was ages ago, so not sure. But I remember scrolling through the options and it is usually with wither the left or right sticks?

When you get to the desk it should say some like "A for Pardon Letter, B to pay £*** Fine" in the bottom right corner

I dont know if that's what buttons they are but that how it works anyway

Jsut finished all the main missions and got to the credits. But I still am only on about 82% complete, so I have to finish off all the bits and bobs.

But the ending was a suprise, liked it though :DD

Okay, what is the deal with duelling?

Every time I get put into one of these I try to pl;ay it like the old red dead, so you tag what you want then hit fire and the gun will fire. but all i seem to be able to do is tag tag and tag until the ame suddenly decides that its time to dire my gun OR i'll keep tagging and then suddenly the other guy will fire.

What I want to do is shoot the guys gun out of his hand but it just won't let me tag that hand and fire 1 single shot.

2 silly questions.

What is a NPC?
And do you actually have a bounty on your head?

playing multiplayer and I need to kill 5 rabbits. Now i need to find them, they are like the rarest animal in the game! I bet when I find them, then millions will appear.

Managed to find lots of bears and killed all of them, killed the wolves etc. just chasing rabbits around now :))

Like hunting for the special animals in certain areas in mulitplayer, that is a good touch.

NPC: non playable character.
I had a bounty on my head (20 dollar for stealing a horse).
I replayed that part in the end and it worked well the second time...must have been a bug.

When i tried to deliver my pardon letter the first time and it didn't worked no matter what i tried, i became frustrated and used my gun to shoot wildy around...the clerk of the telegraph office left in panic...that is a nice touch...really funny.

This is a great game...i wish i had more time to play it...i'm ages behind alle the other people in this thread. But i really love this game...i will certainly buy the next GTA game...

gerd, did you ever play GTA IV? If not, I'd definitely give it a try. Imo the story is more interesting and you feel a real attachment to some of the characters.

Or maybe pick up the Stories of Liberty City, it can be had quite cheaply, and some people think it's more fun than GTA IV.

As for going through it slowly, I wouldnt worry Gerd, I'm still at the MacFarlane ranch and Armadillo at the minute. Just doing some small things really.

I'm playing this game VERY slowly. I removed the map from the screen and I'm not skipping any travel. I'm doing it all the hard way, and it feels just great. I'm spending ages simply wandering around, killing some animals, admiring the splendid scenery and the diverse weather effects.

And I'm already at Blackwater, so I'm in the final third. Overall, the missions are just correct, and the main storyline and some secondary quests may be lackluster in the narrative plane. There are some odd cutscenes here and there. But, out of that, the rest is so brilliant I won't forget this game in a looong time!

It's all down to how you play it, I think.

The one thing i like less are the cut scenes...IMO they have an artificial feel...
In the end you follow the story, but i agree that the game really don't need a story...there is so much to do.

A step further in these kind of games would be that there are several stories in the game and that you decide yourself what story you follow by talking to strangers or ignoring them. Maybe i ask too much, but the side quests in RDR could all become big stories...it should also be possible to "abandon" a story if it isn't interesting, not rewarding enough or simply too difficult. There should also be more moral choices in the game and more subtler ones (but maybe they still have to come).

But let there be no misunderstanding: i really love this game.

Back
Top Bottom