Red Dead Redemption [PC/PS3/360]

Just finished single player yesterday. Excellent ending, guys. Amazing game, one of the best I've played to this date.

Trying to do two hideouts in the same session without dying (one of the challenges in free roam).

Nearly did it twice and some wankers have come in and killed me both times! what cunts.

if it happens again, i will make it my lifes mission, to find out where that person lives go to whatever part of teh world and torture them to death.

I might just do it in a private session, it will save my stress levels.

Gather 2 or 3 friends and form a posse. It's safer.

Haven't gotten around to trying the MP yet, is it any good (or full of mouthy pikeys)? I was thinking of playing it tonight if any of you are on, or could just help Bobby with his hideouts... ;)

On another note, I think I found something random in my quest for the Legend of the West & Bureau outfits. I've spoilered it just in case...
I've completed the Sharpshooter & Treasure challenges, so moved on to the Hunter. I need to find some boars, so looked on the map and headed to Blackwater (on the bottom right of the map there's a picture of a boar & a deer). In the middle of the field there were 2 people with a lot of TNT. As I passed them one was talking and mentioned lighting a cigar, so watched them for a few minutes to see if anything happened...
Unfortunately it didn't, so I sniped one of the barrels and watched them fly!

Got an Email that I won a free RDR theme for watching the trailer via Xbox Live, not sure I'll bother though considering I pretty much finished the game now :)

There was a offer on a bit back saying if you watch the trailer you will get MS points

I guess it was just to enter a draw then

Haven't gotten around to trying the MP yet, is it any good (or full of mouthy pikeys)? I was thinking of playing it tonight if any of you are on, or could just help Bobby with his hideouts... ;)

On another note, I think I found something random in my quest for the Legend of the West & Bureau outfits. I've spoilered it just in case...
I've completed the Sharpshooter & Treasure challenges, so moved on to the Hunter. I need to find some boars, so looked on the map and headed to Blackwater (on the bottom right of the map there's a picture of a boar & a deer). In the middle of the field there were 2 people with a lot of TNT. As I passed them one was talking and mentioned lighting a cigar, so watched them for a few minutes to see if anything happened...
Unfortunately it didn't, so I sniped one of the barrels and watched them fly!

might be on later, but i don't have a headset at the moment. So it gets a bit frustrating playing with people I know, as I can't talk to them.

but if you see me on, then you are welcome to join me :))

I like multiplayer, it has alot of objectives in Free Roam to do and lots of others relating to weapons etc, so it keeps you busy.

Some of the games are good aswell - but running around, getting into cover etc can be really frustrating at times. I am enjoying it though. Trying to get the objective of getting to £5000 bounty killing the law..furthest I have got is around £3250. So that would be good to do with a few other people.

But when you get a bounty on your head all the other players coem hunting for you, so it is really difficult.

Last edited:
Just finished the game. Overall it was a solid title but definitely not GOTY. Is it just me or did the single player missions start to drag on and on during the end and I found them to be quite repetitive too. I also found out that riding a horse is certainly not better than driving a car. Also the controls became very annoying, especially in the middle of a battle. The ending was good and a little unexpected but the story was all in all quite uninspiring. I had far more fun with GTA IV and the DLC after than I did with RDR but it was still a very good game.

I have never completed any of the GTA games. Always got bored after a while. But I completed this.

I'm with Billy and have said a few time that RDR makes me want to whack GTA on and speed around in a car

A lot of places in RDR make me want to leap off and pull my parachute. It's a real pain in the arse trying to get somewhere and you cut the corner only to find yourself at the edge of a huge cliff and then you have to go all the way back and take the road.

I loved riding around in single player. The whole way through I never skipped to a destination. They did it so well with the side missions, hunting etc while riding.

I do admit though the missions were getting repetitive, which was a bit of a let down.

But the whole feel of the game just kept me going.

I've completed the game 100%, and unlocked 41/48 or so Achievements.

I haven't played it for a few days now, as I've been back on Battlefield BC2 and I still have Mario Galaxy 2 to start!

RDR was such a fantastic experience, though. Think my game time came to around 1 day and 18 hours, overall.

A lot of places in RDR make me want to leap off and pull my parachute. It's a real pain in the arse trying to get somewhere and you cut the corner only to find yourself at the edge of a huge cliff and then you have to go all the way back and take the road.

That's what horsey is for. Legs were made to be broken.

I have never completed any of the GTA games. Always got bored after a while. But I completed this.

Me too. Also, I felt that RDR was a great experience, it was like a vacation from reality, back in the old west.

And I really cared about John Marston, never gave a shite about Niko Bellic.

The whole environment is very good. in multiplayer I am going to places that I forgot about in the main story.

right to the east in mexico there is a town up in the mountains that there was 1 mission on in the single player game.

I saw two guys on the map were most wanted and i went to kill them. The place is great and the atmosphere was brilliant.

Just little areas like this give the game such a unique ambiance Imo and make the experience so much better.

Finished the main story a couple of days ago, currently at 99% and now trying to 100% it by completing the bounties. I've put in well over two days so far.

Fantastic game and I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish, even though the controls were a touch frustrating at times and some missions dragged on a bit. The ambience of the game kept me hooked, and the way Rockstar have captured the landscape and the lighting effects are first class. The first time I rode through a thunderstorm at night blew me away.

What I really like is the size of the map and all the regions to explore, rather than just being tied to one city. RDR feels more like a return to GTA: San Andreas in this respect. The wild west theme really works for a GTA style game.

RDRstats.jpg

Rockstar has announced plans for a series of downloadable content packs for open world Western Red Dead Redemption.

Four packs of add-on DLC will be released for the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live "over the next few months", three of which will be priced $9.99 on PSN and 800 Microsoft Points (£6.85) on Xbox Live.

"We want to continue to provide Red Dead Redemption’s fans with a steady supply of innovative new content," said Sam Houser, founder of Rockstar Games.

"Our goal is to continue to pack as much entertaining gameplay and as many surprises as we can into the massive world of Red Dead Redemption over the coming months."

The first, called the Legends and Killers Pack, will be released "at the beginning of August", and will include nine new multiplayer map locations, more than doubling the amount of territories in the multiplayer competitive modes. It'll also bring eight new multiplayer characters, letting you play as characters from Redemption's predecessor, Red Dead Revolver.

It'll also introduce a new projectile weapon, the Tomahawk, with corresponding challenges for single-player and multiplayer gameplay.

And, of course, there will be new achievements and trophies.

The second DLC is called the Liars and Cheats Pack. It'll bring an Attack and Defend multiplayer competitive mode and challenges, new multiplayer horce races, complete with mounted combat, will let you play as the heroes and villains of Red Dead Redemption as well as eight new multiplayer characters. It'll also include multiplayer versions of Liars Dice and Poker from the single-player game. The new weapon is the Explosive Rifle. Release date is TBC.

Also TBC is the Free Roam Pack, which includes additional Free Roam challenges, new action areas and defensive placements, posse scoring and leaderboards, and new anti-griefing measures in Free Roam. The pricing on that one is yet to be announced.

And finally there's the Undead Nightmare Pack, in which "ghost towns and cemeteries come alive in a West gone horribly wrong". That'll bring a new single-player adventure, challenges and quests, eight new multiplayer zombie characters, additional animals in the world, new dynamic events and more. It'll be out in the autumn.

I was looking forward to some nice single player DLC similar to what they done with GTA IV and the Episodes.

Someone told me what happens in the end :(

It would have been a brilliant ending if i had done it myself

Back
Top Bottom