Re: FIFA 10 Manager Mode Thread...

Re: FIFA 10 Manager Mode Thread

Howdie bon homies, just a quick question. Does anybody know if the issues regarding loaned players being sold has been sorted with the patch? Also do your players develop sent on loan?

Yes it has supposedly, as some things that were supposed to be fixed haven't, the bug of going -2 billion in debt is still there for some, but none of my players loaned or otherwise have gone AWOL yet...:P

And yes they do develop on loan...

Yes it has supposedly, as some things that were supposed to be fixed haven't, the bug of going -2 billion in debt is still there for some, but none of my players loaned or otherwise have gone AWOL yet...:P

And yes they do develop on loan...

Wunderbar! I'm yet to experience any of the big game spoiling bugs thus far. I have a lot of young talent in need of game time at my PSG side and sub appearances are seemingly out of the question due to the dodgy form system. Fingers crossed they'll be safe whilst they are away...

Is there a way to set different formations to the dpad in quick tactics?
I wanted to create a 'defensive' tactic. I usually play 4-4-2, so I went into formations, set the formation to 5-4-1 and then went into the custom tactics and saved it under a new tactic. Then I assigned this tactic to 'up' on the dpad.

In game though, it doesn't seem to change formation when I use the the quick tactic. I take it that only the tactics are saved i.e. pressure etc. and not the formation :(

I take it that only the tactics are saved i.e. pressure etc. and not the formation :(
That's correct, yes. In Quick Tactics you can just assign a Custom Tactic slot to a button.

I had a couple of tricky matches with FK Pribram last night. Didn't play at all well in the first against Jablonec, slumped to a 0-3 defeat that the board wasn't delighted about. They were a little happier about the 0-0 draw that followed, although my usually-reliable striker missed three or four excellent chances to score the winner. He was unlucky to strike the inside of the far post with one, it rebounded right across the six yard box and away to safety.

Now my orange-booted #25, who had just broken into the team and was playing well on the wing, is now sidelined for 8 matches with an injury. Damn you Vindaloo! ;)

Now that there is at least one person using it, and that I plan to use it myself, I though I better give it a good test...

I found a couple of small issues which I have fixed in v1.3, mainly where if two players returned to fitness at the same time, one would be ignored.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7DTYYYTC

This should be the final update, as it now seems bug free, and I need to get on with real work :)

Hi Vindaloo, uploaded your injury simulator.....nice work. Ive not used it in Fifa yet but just tested out and the only thing i saw wrong with it in my test was that my number 6 was getting injured really frequently compared to the rest of the squad. But then i was thinking....well this player is injury prone.....or Darren Anderton.

Now although very clever for you too knock this sim up, surely with EA's top minds working on Fifa10 for 12 months they could have got theirs to work in Manager Mode. Makes it even more inexcusable really what a shabby effort they have made. You should apply for a job there and perhaps we would have a working Fifa11.:WORSHIP:

The randomness of the injuries should now be fixed, have you got v1.3? It certainly is for me anyhow. It may have just been coincidence that no. 6 kept getting injured.

As for working on Fifa 11, I'd love to! Spend a couple of days fiddling with a few settings which I don't even need to test afterwards, make up some new 'features' that will never see the light of day, then sit on my arse for the rest of year before going on holiday and hiding when the game is released :) That's the EA way!

Nice one Vindaloo - the generator looks very good!

Unfortunately I'm on a mac so I don't think I can use it so I thought I would post what I do to simulate injuries for anyone that is interested:

Minor Injuries
Sometimes during play your player will get injured but it will be minor, i.e. it wont simulate a cutscene and after a few minutes of play it will go away. What I do however is sub this player instantly (he'll have the first aid cross next to his name) and after the match the injury will register - the player will be out for one week with a minor injury. Think of these injuries as niggly little problems.

Major Injuries
When you do get a proper cutscene with an injured player that you have to sub I go to http://www.roll-dice-online.com/ and select 20 sided dice, six dice rolled twice and then the lowest number shown out of any results is the number of weeks he will be out for. Stick him at the bottom of the reserves for that time and keep a little note when he'll be back

I know that seems a really random way of doing it but its very quick and you get a good mix of short minor injuries and larger injuries of a month or two (whilst not losing a player for an entire season which would be pretty harsh - although you could use a larger die if you wanted this).

Can't understate what a difference to FIFA 10 MM injuries would make, it's all you ever hear when listening or watching togger, it's a massive part of the game...

Damn you EA... :RANT:

Well, finally finfished my first season with Leeds.

Finished 4th and won the playoffs, so championship next season if I can be bothered.

Highlight of the season definitely beating Arsenal at the Emirates in the FA cup, only to go out to wolves in the quarters I think it was.

At the end of my season I had 3 offers, resign for Leeds or sign for Drogheda Utd or Drogheda Utd. Same team twice!

i really cannot be bothered with this MM until i get some injuries and they sort the god damn form out!

i really cannot be bothered with this MM until i get some injuries and they sort the god damn form out!

Know how you feel, but my mate wont go back to PES so it's MM or nothing, Into the Championship with Leeds after some great buys and some lucky games we won the Div one title and were given top four as a target by the board.

We had a baptism of fire losing 3-0 to Millwall then 3-0 to Wolves, ex Prem, and then 3-1 to Sheffield Wednesday... Fourth place looked a long way off and we looked a patch of the side that took the League 1 title.

A change of tactic and pushing just one upfront stopped the conceding fest and we grabbed our first point, then a league cup win against Leicester City 1-0 had us pumping the air as if we had won a semi final, it didn't last as we slipped to 18th in the league and went out 4-0 to Manchester City in the next round.:CONF:

If we could string three wins together we could clime to a reasonable level but 4th place is looking very unobtainable and the boards confidence is diving, I fear we shall soon be another Darren Ferguson...
:COAT:

The frequency of rain matches is pissing me off.

And just had one of those blatantly scripted matches where you do everything right yet you don't score and then every half-chance the computer has takes it.

Rested my whole first team for it as well and they were getting pushed off the ball like pansies, against a team I'd beaten 3-1 and 4-0 earlier in the season. :RANT:

My cardiff seasons going great now, into the final of the f.a cup against arsenal, knocked out of the league cup unfornunatly by hull city, second in the league 4 points behind newcastle so im realy looking forwards to getting into top flight football.

Managed to buy jimmy bullard from hull city after being knocked out by them, he was a great buy for around £2million.

Managed to buy jimmy bullard from hull city after being knocked out by them, he was a great buy for around £2million.

Even moreso as he probable never gets injured :D.

That's something we should do as a backhanded dig at Rutter and Co;

Set-up a MM thread with the best "crocks" in the game.

I just wanted to get something off my chest...

Fifa 10 manager mode is simply too easy..I don't class myself as an advanced player of the game, i don't do tricks or a great deal of fancy passing either. I'm now into my 5th season with Torquay United, and i've taken them from the oblivion that is League 2 all the way to the Premier League. So far, my team mainly consists of players who were listed as not having a club. So as you can imagine, the best player I have on my team has a rating of about 76.

I Have been playing the game on the Legendary setting since I started in league 2 and while at first the game was really tough, and I was only winning games by the skin of my teeth (which was great!) it's now become so easy to win every game it almost sometimes seems pointless in playing it??? For example, I played Liverpool in the FA cup final the season before last, and I beat them 5-0. I didn't play a great game, they were just simply awful and had only about 3 shots on goal. I mean surely whenever you play any of the big four it should always be a really tough match!!?? I'm just wondering if anyone else is suffering from the same experience, Fifa 09 was really bad, beacuse it was so easy it was almost pointless playing the manager mode, but after only a few seasons exactly the same problem has now occured with Fifa 10.

As I say, this isn't me coming on here to brag about my Fifa 10 skills! I'm an average player, I just believe that the difficulty level needs to be upgraded so that there's either another much much harder level than legendary, or at the very least, the top 4 teams and all the major top teams in europe are mega hard to beat.

With reference to the form of the players, I have to agree that there is no ryme or reason for the fluctuation of the players form. Whether you play amazingly well, or play awful with a particular player, the form still appears to be totally random..I say get rid of it or fix it EA!

Sorry to ramble!!

:PIRATE:

Have you upped your staff and bought top players....

Nope, I have hardly any top players @ all, and i've only upped my staff to level 6..

The difficulty just doesn't work really...Fifa 08 had it right, I was still getting beat on that one 10 seasons in!

I may have to go back to Pro Evo, at least its been consistantly hard through the years, good old espinas and miranda lol

Never touch the staff and only buy realistic players, take the least money paying sponsor you can too, you're right it's not as hard and EA should fit sliders where possible so we can tweak the game to best suit each player...

I may have to go back to Pro Evo, at least its been consistantly hard through the years, good old espinas and miranda lol
Really? Personally I'd disagree. FIFA's Legendary/Manual combo gives me a far greater challenge than I ever got with Pro Evo.

Back
Top Bottom