Re: FIFA 10 Manager Mode Thread...

Re: FIFA 10 Manager Mode Thread

No I think Legendary is very unrealistic, as someone else said previously, playing against AI on legendary is like playing online against all assisted users :(

Fortunately for me Wigan + a semi/manual mix of controls + world class is a decent challenge :)

I noticed a big bug when I re-downloaded my own ten tactics to use, the attacking arrows and attacking/defensive mentalities are completely messed up for every one so they need fixing manually, annoying :(

so i played a few games in my MM mode last night, after yesterday and me saying i was finding it too easy, FIFA 10 must of heard me. i had the most challenging games i've ever played on fifa last night. first game lost to burnley 4-1 at home then drew 0-0 at villa park where roger johnson was outstanding and really got me the draw. then came watford in the cup, they took an early lead with a good finish from outside the box and i really couldn't see a way back, on i brought jerome for o'connor, i leveled it with less than 10 mins to go with a neat bottom corner finish from phillips and managed to win it in the 115th minute with a great finish from jerome, probably didn't deserve the win. then chelsea at home where they outclassed me and strolled to 3-0 win, this dropped me to 13th from 6th at the start of the evening. next game i held on to beat wolves 1-0 and then drew 1-1 at hull with them equalising in the last 10 minutes.

this is more like it, really enjoyed playing last night.

so i played a few games in my MM mode last night, after yesterday and me saying i was finding it too easy, FIFA 10 must of heard me. i had the most challenging games i've ever played on fifa last night. first game lost to burnley 4-1 at home then drew 0-0 at villa park where roger johnson was outstanding and really got me the draw. then came watford in the cup, they took an early lead with a good finish from outside the box and i really couldn't see a way back, on i brought jerome for o'connor, i leveled it with less than 10 mins to go with a neat bottom corner finish from phillips and managed to win it in the 115th minute with a great finish from jerome, probably didn't deserve the win. then chelsea at home where they outclassed me and strolled to 3-0 win, this dropped me to 13th from 6th at the start of the evening. next game i held on to beat wolves 1-0 and then drew 1-1 at hull with them equalising in the last 10 minutes.

this is more like it, really enjoyed playing last night.

Did you fix the bugged tactics as mentioned above? If not the AI players will have default behaviour to head towards the top left corner of the pitch when defending! Also some players have an attacking mentality of "undefined" which I'm sure isn't good for the stability of the game :)

Did you fix the bugged tactics as mentioned above? If not the AI players will have default behaviour to head towards the top left corner of the pitch when defending! Also some players have an attacking mentality of "undefined" which I'm sure isn't good for the stability of the game :)
nope, i'll check tonight, but i didn't have any issues though.

this might seem like a stupid question but,

if i modify the custom tactics for the prem teams and then save over the old ones will the tactics in my MM be the new ones?

hopefully you understand what i mean.

I don't think they will no, only thing you could do is before each match select the tactic for the AI opponent in the same way we fix the lineups when they do fucked up shit like Giggs at LB or Hangeland at RB etc. etc.

In my second season with Spurs. After the matches now, instead of going to the stats screen, it crashes.

Thanks EA.

Due to a broken xbox and various internet issues i haven' really had chance to get on these forums recently or play much Fifa either.

Managed to get on the xbox for a while today, began a manager mode with Wolves (all custom tactics for each EPL team created by me).

Managed to bring in Fabio on loan and bought Didier Digard. Sold to Jody Craddock to Chelsea and Sam Vokes to Bolton (crazy stuff)

Strange pre - season lost 3-0 to spurs at home, 1-1 with a heavily depleted liverpool side (don't ask why) then managed to win 1-0 away at milan and drew 0-0 at PSG.

League results have been ok for a side tipped for the drop. First game i drew 0-0 at home to spurs. Second game i lost 2-0 to Blackburn (the team i support :@ followed that up with a 4-2 defeat to sunderland, i was 4-0 down but mierhoffer came on and bagged two. Then a suprise 2-0 away win against aston villa - sitting in 14th at the moment.

This game is great! :D

Anyway, played a couple of matches today, just felt like some footie as it was all called off this weekend. Was playing the same system as Liverpool do in real life, but it's crap and just seems to make the team play shit, as they do in real life these days. So went back to my classic footie formation that has given me succes for years, maybe even a decade, the classic 3-5-2.

Game started to get enjoyable again on the field. Offcourse the game had to f#$k it up somehow; The jan transfer window was about to open so I thought I would clear out the deadwood (Dossena, TripleH, The Greek, etc) however to my astonishment I get a message from the board telling me they won't allow me to sell any players! I have loads of money, more then enough players, but I'm not allowed to sell anybody! Apparently playing with the same 14 players the whole season (a few rotations for fitness) seems to be too much squad adjustments for the board and they don't want me to buy new players to "rock the boat" even further. Is this their transfer bugfix?!

I despair, just when you start to get into it again they f#$k it up somewhere else making you go off the game.......again. And that was without reading the "second season" crash bug in this thread.......

I resurected my MM yesterday with leeds.

Have they fixed the weather and injuries? I only played 1 game in the rain at night in about 10 matches.

Also, one of my players got injured, but he was only out for a week, so he was immediately available. It is the first injury I have seen though.

Then I managed to persuade Robert Pires to join my Leeds championship side only to be unable to sign him as I had 2 players on Loan :(

Need to count on big Aaroy to do the business :)

I resurected my MM yesterday with leeds.

Have they fixed the weather and injuries? I only played 1 game in the rain at night in about 10 matches.

Also, one of my players got injured, but he was only out for a week, so he was immediately available. It is the first injury I have seen though.

They are not fixing anything Shooto, it's as good as it's ever going to get... :RANT: :P

Leeds power into the Premier finishing fourth in the Championship and beating Reading and Hull 1-0, 2-1 and 2-0 in the final.

Briand and N'Zogbia are the stars of the season even though N'Zogbia only joined mid season, we were struggling for numbers with a 22 man squad (thank god there are no injuries in this game :P) of mainly 1st Division standard players we came through and now face a battle to strengthen our meager squad for the Premiership fight with a huge 3.4m budget... :ROLL::LOL:

I started playing a bit more, and definitely feel that the weather has improved. Not so many rainy games.

Sitting joint 3rd in the championship with Leeds after 9 games. Portsmouth seem to be running away with it, with Hull not far behind.

Last match I beat Charlton 2-0. Sorry Tim:)

Not signed anyone of note, but Beckford is by far my star player.

I am enjoying it after having a wee break from it.

I've been playing Manager Mode as Spurs, and although I've noticed a few of the little bugs (the form rating is shocking - moving players on the bench and seeing their overal ratings change is a disgrace, especially when moving them back and seeing it jump over 20 points in one instance, without even being put in the starting XI!), it's still a great game. Seems much harder than Fifa 09, too.

I'm playing on Semi-assisted, as I haven't quite mastered Manual yet, and doubt I will.
gees u guys play world class? i best legendary like 3-0 4-0 every time and im ranked 102 in the world

What a dick... signed up this month just to post something so arrogant.

like some you guys i had a problem after playing in manager mode. after my next game (which was man city) everytime it went to the after match stats screen it would freeze

In the end i had to sim the match and have continued my season with no trouble so far anyway.

Really strangely though after this freezing problem 4 achievements have been unlocked that i know I have not completed - off the top of my head they are - create a goal for a friend with a cross, do a season without simming a game (which i wanted to do but had to sim the man city match), download all friends gamerfaces and play with a team from every league. - what the hell is up with my game and/or my xbox!!??

Just as a general question, is anyone else having trouble getting their midfielders to score, i have played a couple of seasons and the most a midfielder has ever scored is 9 and he was taking penalties :/ Any ways I can get my midfielders to score more? (custom tactics or something)

thing is though I am worried, its a good game but at the moment its being ruined by the multiple crashes i keep getting in manager, is there a way to fix it, doing my head in:RANT:

Go back to 09 or wait for 11. Sadly that seems to be the only way to solve it, or if you get really really desperate you could try pes.

Just as a general question, is anyone else having trouble getting their midfielders to score, i have played a couple of seasons and the most a midfielder has ever scored is 9 and he was taking penalties :/ Any ways I can get my midfielders to score more? (custom tactics or something)

Mine don't score much either, but I play pretty conservatively in midfield as it's easy for the AI to counter-attack.

Back
Top Bottom