Re: FIFA 10 Manager Mode Thread...

Nick Cave

Wrexham fan for my sins...
10 July 2004
Non football league waste land...
Wrexham AFC
:P I know it seems ironic when the MM is a buggy mess but people we can only hope they fix some of the bigger ones.

I can't see me going back to 09 as I never have gone back to a past title in a series so here we are...

Started off as Leeds, with the lowest sponsor money and touched nothing, I do like the fact you can pick your ticket price before kick off, a nice touch as you can up it for top of the table clashes and reduce it for lower league and cup games etc.

So far so good, leaking more goals than I would like and the ball over the top causing too many problems as my defence tends to charge out no matter what tactic or system I play.

Had a run of three games going down to an early goal then fighting back to win with a very late second, ala Leeds for real which was nice.

Struggling with getting any power into my shots though, nearly all my goals have come from strikers with only one midfielder hitting the net...

Sitting fifth after being 13th at one stage and a long way to go, as people have been saying the boards are harsh and sackings swift I fear falling out of the playoff spots and worse, failing to get promotion will be curtains for me... :P

Last edited:
Re: FIFA 10 Manager Mode Thread

I have never really played MM till this version. I am liking it though, and havnt noticed most of the bugs as I have just started.

However, is it normal that I need to pick my team before each game? It doesnt seem to save my line up. I have made sure the assistant coach is off.

I am currently 5th in League One with Leeds and plan to take them back into the premiership. I have signed a couple of players from the African league, Aaroy (The Big Man) from Aaelsunds and Andy Dorman from St.Mirren.

Also using my VP now and again.

I think I will need to go fully manual though, as semi passing on Pro is just too easy. Either that or I keep semi passing and manual everything else and go World Class.

Best result to date, beating Inter 1-0 at the San Siro :)

I've been playing Manager Mode as Spurs, and although I've noticed a few of the little bugs (the form rating is shocking - moving players on the bench and seeing their overal ratings change is a disgrace, especially when moving them back and seeing it jump over 20 points in one instance, without even being put in the starting XI!), it's still a great game. Seems much harder than Fifa 09, too.

I'm playing on Semi-assisted, as I haven't quite mastered Manual yet, and doubt I will.

@ Shooto,

You have to edit your team in the main hub; team management.

Started a MM as Liverpool, as always. Will hopefully not notice the majority of the bugs as I wont be signing/selling anyone.

Have had some really good games so far, although I think my formations may be too effective. Ive got the standard one, then an attacking one and a very defensive one. It works well to set the tone of the match, so if Im behind with 20min to go I'll go attacking and keep the opp. in their half till I score. However Ive noticed that Ive practically managed to score with my first attack in the new formation everytime, think I will have to add a 5min buffer for them to get used to it and then try to score. Managed to get a few last minute goals this way which was nice.

The main annoyance I have is having to edit the team with an injured player, Ive still got Lucas in instead of Aqua.......keep forgetting.

Have had a decent balance of day and night games (although most of the anfield matches have been night) the away games at Ivylane have been overcast (don't think they have night in that stadium). Had a sunny game at Arsenal. Still think the AI needs balancing as I find it easier against the big teams.

Does anyone understand where the form ratings come from? I can't seem to affect them by playing people, or benching them or what?!

Does anyone understand where the form ratings come from? I can't seem to affect them by playing people, or benching them or what?!

I tried to understand how form works in manager mode and what I found is that the arrows seems to depend on the average of the players 5 latest games. If your player has an average of 6,0 he has a white arrow. To get a light green arrow he needs to get an average of 7,0. The rating of players that don't participate in a match seem to count for a ranking of 5. In other words, if you rotate your squad it is very hard to keep your players in form when it really should be the opposite!

The way that the players overall rating jumps up and down is a whole other story... nothing to do with the arrows.

I tried to understand how form works in manager mode and what I found is that the arrows seems to depend on the average of the players 5 latest games. If your player has an average of 6,0 he has a white arrow. To get a light green arrow he needs to get an average of 7,0. The rating of players that don't participate in a match seem to count for a ranking of 5. In other words, if you rotate your squad it is very hard to keep your players in form when it really should be the opposite!

The way that the players overall rating jumps up and down is a whole other story... nothing to do with the arrows.

Nice to know, cheers...

Dumped out the cup 1-0 by Stoke :(

Moved up to world class now though as it was too easy on Pro.

Well have noticed a few quirks/bugs now. I beat fulham 2-1 and go top, I get an extra rating point. Next game away at 5th placed spurs I draw and get a loss of confidence and move down to 2nd and a lower manager rating. Next game against 1st place Chelsea I lose 2-1 and I get another negative assessment.

It was a really good match though, 1st half Chelsea were dominating and putting a lot of crosses in (Drogba scored in the 30th min.). I really wasn't creating anything so needed to take some long distance shots, 1 of them came off from Gerrard and made it 1-1 in 1st half injurytime. 2nd half I decided to try to keep more possesion and was really pinning them in with them countering dangerously. Still couldnt create much but was getting closer with Torres having a couple of headers he should have done more with. Then I thought I had finally cracked them, Torres passed the ball out wide to Reira on the edge of the box and he managed to squeeze between two defenders and run into the area, the 2nd defender then blatently tripped him up! He didn't even get the ball, the ball continued to roll on the same course and then got booted out for a throw-in. A couple of min. later Drogba slides on the a low cross at the far post to get then win! Thinking about it now it was actually quite a lot like last sunday's match with the flow of the game, the possesion and chances.

Oh and actually had a day game at anfield!

The Boardratings are totally screwed, how the f$%k they came up with this system of it being match result based is just plain stupid. I mean I have a goal of qualifying for the CL and instead Im fighting it out to be league champions and still in all the cups! I even got the message with the Jan. transfer window coming up that I better spend some money on players/staff to improve as I have the money! So I spent the majority on my half empty stadium just to spite the f$%kers, bloody Yanks. :D

Last edited:

Just had the pleasure of playing two consecutive snow matches.......One at night, the other overcast. God it's awful. Although it was in jan so I guess that's pretty accurate. Strangly enough, I started the 2nd match which was only overcast but it locked up during the intro sequence so had to restart the game. Then it was snowy, so that could be a way to get rid of them, restart the game/MM and hopefully it will have changed. Still pathetic though.

Yet to play in snow, thank god. Just hit the transfer window so I expect some soon. Not one injury still and picking the team on fitness alone as the form and stats fly up and down like a whores nickers...

Yeah I only look at energy, Ive had a couple of one week injuries. They seemed to have made the injuryies even less then last year! I would sim a snow match tbh, I won't be playing one again!

It's these new billionair owners.........they buy the clubs and just do whatever they want! Watch out Nick, you might end up with Sheva in you team!

Sold without you knowing?! WTF :((.

Tell me about it I'd rested them too for a big game next...

It's these new billionair owners.........they buy the clubs and just do whatever they want! Watch out Nick, you might end up with Sheva in you team!

I wouldn't mind if we were short on funds and the Board came and said look we've been offered this for this guy and we need to sell, that would be great TBH or if you did had a Billionaire who stabbed you in the back to force your hand, but for them to just go and you have to search the TF history to find out is shocking... :RANT: :P

My board seems to have stopped caring about how I do, for the last 10-15 matches I just get a neutral arrow and no comments in the top right corner, no matter if I win/lose/draw, this happen to anyone else?

My board seems to have stopped caring about how I do, for the last 10-15 matches I just get a neutral arrow and no comments in the top right corner, no matter if I win/lose/draw, this happen to anyone else?

It happened to me for about 5 matches, then the board went back from the vacation and started to care again.

I've lost several players since the transfer window opened up. I noticed 2 things:

(1) it happened to me whenever i bought/sold players

(2) the players that i lost are usually those that appear in the "rumour email" you get in your inbox saying X club is interested in player Y.

(2) the players that i lost are usually those that appear in the "rumour email" you get in your inbox saying X club is interested in player Y.

Did you try transfer listing them as soon as their name was mentioned? Might force them to give you an accept/reject option that way.

It's not happened to me but I keep two saves and after every match I count my squad :) I did have a team come in for one of my players but it was one of my original players and I got the offer which I could then reject :)

@ placebo - sorry for the late reply. no i did not try that. maybe i should, but i get a lot of such "rumour emails" in my inbox.

anyway, now i just keep a close watch on my budget after every game. if i see a transfer income appearing, then i know one of my players had just been sold from under my nose. thanks EA.

MOVED QUESTION TO MM THREAD:

Still waiting for the game in the US... quick question to those who have it (i.e. all of you).

Do players in MM improve in their dribbling skill level? Can players learn more tricks as the get older/better at dribbling?

I never understood in FIFA 09 how players that became world class dribblers never learned any new skill moves... is this still the case, or can players evolve?

Thanks.

Don't know, but would imagine if they develope skills is one of them.

Anyway,

Played some more MM today, and after the lsat game (a 3-0 away win at OT) I go to check my team and to my surprise Aurelio is no longer in teh squad and has been replaced with a Goalie coloured player with no name! So I tried to select him and the game crashed. It will be exciting to see if I can even continue the save now as Im sure if I try to play him the game will crash when loading the match, and it will probably crash when changing the player! Hopefully the patch will be out soon so I can start a new MM with the customtactics/stadium edits.

And for some reason my PS3 made a double beep when being turned off, normally it's a single. :(

Back
Top Bottom