Re: FIFA 10 Manager Mode Thread...

Re: FIFA 10 Manager Mode Thread

Hey,

I have just began a manager mode with Man Utd, and have found Yoann Gourcuff as a replacement for Ronny. I have noticed his skill move level is only 4 star, is there any way to get 5 stars? I know it is possible to gain all stars for a virtual pro in the arena but this does not work for any other player...

Cheers,

Hey,

I have just began a manager mode with Man Utd, and have found Yoann Gourcuff as a replacement for Ronny. I have noticed his skill move level is only 4 star, is there any way to get 5 stars? I know it is possible to gain all stars for a virtual pro in the arena but this does not work for any other player...

Cheers,

:THINK: I assume they will improve with play the same way their stat's do, I'm not positive though as I've never checked or noticed and playing with lower league sides I can only dream of 4 stars... :P

Leeds miss a trip Wembley and a chance of the big time with a 2-2 draw and a 2-0 loss to Cardiff in the play-offs, who go on to lose in the final.
Time to invest at the back... :((

Never touch the staff and only buy realistic players, take the least money paying sponsor you can too, you're right it's not as hard and EA should fit sliders where possible so we can tweak the game to best suit each player...

Thats really what i hate about FFA games 09 and 10, you have to really try hard to give yourself a challenege.

The only way to play fifa and have some sort of challenge was to use full manual.

Thats really what i hate about FFA games 09 and 10, you have to really try hard to give yourself a challenege.

The only way to play fifa and have some sort of challenge was to use full manual.

I do everything manual but Shooting that's back on semi, my nerves, pad, console, and TV would not last a season on manual... :CURSE: :D

I do everything manual but Shooting that's back on semi, my nerves, pad, console, and TV would not last a season on manual... :CURSE: :D

same with me mate. need to be patient with my new controller. the last one ended its live on the hand of PES2010. :CRY:

Leeds clinging on to third spot after a string of draws and a great 5th round FA cup game With Arsenal which was won 6-7 on penalties.
Leeds had led in three straight games 1-0, only to squander it and draw 1-1, the top three were beginning to open a gap, a great couple of wins win over Swansea and Barnsley was followed by a shocking 2-0 body blow to Portsmouth just as it looked like we could close the gap to a point with the second placed outfit...

I have an MM with Newcastle Jets in the A-League. Into my 4th season now, doing great, having finished as champions for the past two seasons.

In order to keep things realistic, I have implemented several house rules as follows:

1). Only sign players with ratings that are maximum of 10 points better than your current squad's average

2). Editing of all stadiums to real-life names, e.g. Felix-Bollaert for RC Lens

3). Using real manager names

4). Applying the rule whereby the majority of the squad consists of local players

There are also a few things I have noticed about MM:

1). Fitness wise, my coach is currently on level 9. However, my players still get pretty tired, especially after a tough game. This is much more realistic than FIFA 08, where your players are like gods as long as your fitness coach is at least level 8

2). The statistics of cup games don't get registered! Hence, I have to do manual tracking because I am a big fan of statistics. Heh

3). Sometimes, the feeling of scripting is still there. Especially when you simply cannot do anything to stop the AI from advancing to your goal and scoring from it

4). The pressure applied by the opponent AI is simply crazy at times. I have to rely a lot on one-touch movements to get moving and cynical challenges to actually stop the opposing players and hopefully injure a couple of them

5). At the end of season, I do get some 'prize money' after winning the title. However, I have absolutely no idea how the amount is calculated

actualy you dont get any prizing after winning titles...your board just get you some funds and increased your wage budget...that is all

I didn't when I won promotion to the Premier league and the FA cup in the same season, zero extra transfer money and just 12k extra wage funds.

I haven't been following this thread but I wonder if anyone has came across their squad just resetting itself after a match?

I've just finished a game, signed a player my scout recommended, and gone to see my squad. It's reset all of the players and my first team pretty much consists of a mess of players, not who I selected at all.

Pretty fucked up and I'm going to have to spend ages going through and sorting my team again now.

Yeah this is nothing new, reported in the list of 70+ bugs/glitches/annoyances of the first week.

Fortunately the losing players bug seems definitely fixed (well so far) I bought Kyle Naughton from Spurs for my Wigan team (Melchiott moved to CB) and in the January transfer window I kept getting Emailed that clubs were after Naughton (in fact after one match I was told 4 times that Coventry were after him!), and so far he's still with me, just a couple more matches left in the window before it closes.

Well finally after 4 months is it now? I'm starting to slowly get a little love back for Fifa10. I did the custom tactics for the Premier league teams and started a MM as Wigan who're one of my favourite Prem teams, world class, semi for short passing, shooting and crossing, manual for through balls and long passes, seems to be a good balance, finally the good teams are really hard to beat and the lesser teams can be beaten quite comfortably by working hard to your strengths and passing around their huff and puff, Arsenal are incredible in the game now with the custom tactics, I think they're definitely my bogey team, lost heavily in both league matches and then I had them in the league cup final and lost 3-0 IIRC, ended up finishing 8th in my first season which I thought wasn't bad, was hoping to get a Euro place but sadly not to be, 2nd season started off with 2 wins but was against lower teams (Burnley and the newly promoted via the Playoffs Sheff Utd), think my next 3 matches were lost, drawn, won, then I get to play Arsenal in the first meeting of the season, I lose 3-0 to them again, bastards :) pick of their goals was one by Fabregas from a yard or two under 25 yards, peach of a goal left Kirkland stranded, who says the AI don't shoot from range? ;)

First season's board expectations were avoid the relegation zone which I easily did, and get to the 4th round of the FA cup, which I didn't do as Chelsea knocked me out in the 3rd round quite heavily (just remembered they already tonked me this season 4-1 as well, fucking London teams!), when the second season started I had no extra transfer money and only £15k extra for wages which was disappointing, had to do loads of wheeling and dealing to get a decent squad of players but I'm getting there now, this season I have to get mid table and FA cup qrts (which will be very tough), I'm hoping if I do complete both targets I'll get more transfer funds next season? Either way my personal goal is an EFA spot, I definitely think I have the squad for it but I think I'm 2 backup players short, need a CM and a CB or at least one player who can cover both roles, my fitness coach started on 3 and I'm leaving it there to force some kind of rotation and make up for the lack of injuries, although Scharner's early season 3 match ban for a professional foul sure helped me in forcing some rotation ;)

Most likely I'll stick with this until the Winter update in February when I'll start my Sheffield Wednesday one, need to actually have a new manager appointed as I don't like using my name for the manager as it seems a bit silly :)

Just remembered, in the first season Kirkland was named as top Prem Goalkeeper and he also won player of the year which was a big shock for me as he only got 10 clean sheets, I guess my struggling defence kept him working enough to impress everyone watching ;)

Last edited:

guys Do somebody know if the bundesliga in FIFA have correct structure and the 16th team plays a play-off match against the 3rd team in the second division? I need to know cause im fightin for regelation with karlushe eheh =p

This is weird, I am in my 6th season in the A-League and have won 4 successive titles but my board (on professional difficulty) told me to...avoid relegation? What is this?

Has anybody else gotten this before? Doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

Doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

Of course not, but one could say that releasing the game with the mode in such a bugged state makes no sense to any of us :( But there it is, my board objectives so far have made sense and increased slightly on what I did from the previous season, but I'm only in my second season :)

Just had an incredible match against Man City, one of those victory from the jaws of defeat from the jaws of victory type matches (if that makes sense!)

jawsy.jpg

When they went 3-2 up on 87 mins I was swearing my head off convinced I'd thrown it all away after leading twice and playing them off the pitch for large parts of the match :)

that would be great,

arsenal, villa, birmingham, chelsea, liverpool, man city, man u, sunderland, tottenham and stoke

then i'll do the others myself, this will save me some time so thank you very much.

i'll add you tonight

Yep, I would agree, whilst there are still alot of ridiculous bugs and glitches - the custom tactics make a huge difference. After doing the Prem Tactics I started a MM with Aston Villa and its great fun, destroying the weaker slower teams but having to really be at the top of my game to win against the better teams.

Currently bouncing around 3/4 place as there are various games in hands, Agbonlahor and Heskey are on fire with 16 goals each (before Xmas that is) - Arsenal about 6 points ahead in the league.

What I find mostly upsetting is form still totally not working - players getting negative Form after having proper scorchers, and things that ruin your immersion like AI left backs getting man of the match after I beat them 4-0, and the knowledge that winning anything leaves you will a 5 second animation of your players jumping around. Would love to see in a future instalment Managers and Subs, Camera men and stewards animated on the sidelines - wouldn't have to be ultra detailed models but just to provide some life on the side of the pitch.

Also I probably know the answer but is it possible to change your stadium as your club gets bigger and wealthier - similar to how you can choose your ground when you start a MM - can you do it in between seasons?

Just had an incredible match against Man City, one of those victory from the jaws of defeat from the jaws of victory type matches (if that makes sense!)

jawsy.jpg

When they went 3-2 up on 87 mins I was swearing my head off convinced I'd thrown it all away after leading twice and playing them off the pitch for large parts of the match :)

How did Figueroa score? Please tell me it was from his own half...lol

But seriously, I've never had a sideback score for me, how was it scored if you don't mind me asking?

started a new MM with Birmingham City after doing all the custom tactics for the prem (with alot of help from placebo) and i'm enjoying it, but i'm still finding it a little easy. i'm playing all manual on world class i won at anfield and drew at the emirates for example and i'm 4th/5th in the league. i don't fancy playing on legendary cause the AI ruins the gameplay, anybody got some tips on making it a bit more challenging?

Andy, my saviour! Can you add your 10 that I didn't provide you to your hub please? My saves corrupted so I lost everything, MM, Squads, Profile etc. etc. I still have the 10 I uploaded for you but need the 10 tactics/formations for the other teams if you wouldn't mind please? :)

yeah, PM'd you, as long as you give me some tips for making it more challenging. did you say putting it to legendary for the top teams makes it more realistic?

Back
Top Bottom