Re: FIFA 10 Manager Mode Thread...

Re: FIFA 10 Manager Mode Thread

Wasn't the patch supposed to change the form system?

A few pages back I wrote that the form arrows depends on the average rating of the players five latest games. If your player has an average of 6,0 he has a white arrow. To get a light green arrow he needs to get an average of 7,0. The rating of players that don't participate in a match seem to count for a ranking of 5.

To me it seems to be the same even after the patch.
I started up a new MM just because EA said they had "solved" the form issue.

I think it is the same but it does not effect their stat's, lets face it like most of the MM it's a mess... :CONF:

I wonder if the form get's screwed with the player/subs stuff. SO if Torres gets a hattrick you sub him with 10min to go, as you do, yet he'll go missing from the end of game stats. And I can't remember a subbed player getting a MotM award either, which could mean his stats/form just gets a generic 5 score.

Actually, I'll stop as the amount of faults with this game is too depressing. I'll continue playing Uncharted2 and maybe at the end of the month start this up again........

Hello guys!
Just a quick question.
I have downloaded the Bernabeu stadium (PS3) but when I am starting manager mode with Real Madrid I can't find it so as to select it for their home stadium.
Is this normal? Am I doing sth wrong here?
Thanks in advance! :-)

Hello guys!
Just a quick question.
I have downloaded the Bernabeu stadium (PS3) but when I am starting manager mode with Real Madrid I can't find it so as to select it for their home stadium.
Is this normal? Am I doing sth wrong here?
Thanks in advance! :-)
From memory you have to do it twice for some reason for it to take and from in the game not from the PSN store...

Thanks for the fast response Nick!
But I don't understand what you mean exactly.
What do I have to do twice? Download the stadium?
Thanks again!

Yes, go through the whole thing again as you were downloading it the first time, I did mine from the PSN store the first time and then did it from within FIFA 10 before it showed up in the game...

I have already done that as it did not show up for me either the first time.
Thing is that even after the second download I still cannot select it for manager mode...
It works ok in exhibition mode though.
Thanks anyways!

Thing is that even after the second download I still cannot select it for manager mode...
Thanks anyways!
Have you updated your squads, also if you are playing an MM you started before the download you will have to start a new one...

I wonder if the form get's screwed with the player/subs stuff. SO if Torres gets a hattrick you sub him with 10min to go, as you do, yet he'll go missing from the end of game stats. And I can't remember a subbed player getting a MotM award either, which could mean his stats/form just gets a generic 5 score.

Actually, I'll stop as the amount of faults with this game is too depressing. I'll continue playing Uncharted2 and maybe at the end of the month start this up again........

Substituted players do get their match rating and can get the MotM award but I am so dissapointed with the form system. Great idea but poorly executed. I love the idea that it is based on the match rating of the latest games and not totally random but the problem is that the match rating is not well implemented. It's much easier to get a good ranking with defensive players, your youth players shouldn't be off form just because they aren't in your starting eleven every week... and so on... and so on.

Ahhhh, this game could have been the best game ever with a decent Manager Mode. I could have done a more intriguing career mode with excel. Thinking about it I might do it... :)

From memory you have to do it twice for some reason for it to take and from in the game not from the PSN store...

I've done it 5 times and it's nowhere in the game. Nice advert on the booklet - "download the free Bernabeau, you just can't actually use it..."

Thanks anyways!

I can't even get it to work in Exhibition...

As Fiorentina manager, my rep went down 15 after drawing the first leg of a cup tie against Inter.

I then drew the next match, a home game in the league against Livorno, 1-1, and it went back by 15.

:BLINK:

With my friendlies over, i got down to business with league games. I'm in the Spanish second division with Hércules CF.

My first fixture was at home to Villarreal B, who had a very slow pace to their game and i managed to walk past them with a 4-0 victory.

The second game was away to Real Betis. This was certainly trickier. Betis had a bit more urgency to their play. Despite me taking the lead, the hosts came back with a brace from Pavone - first a free-kick just outside the box and then a header from open play, later in the first half. With about seven minutes left, Tote equalised and a few minutes later, Noe Pamarot found himself in the box and grabbed a winner. It was quite exciting for a Fifa game.

I had an entertaining match last night too, one of those games when you draw up a gameplan beforehand and it pays off.

After some experimentation with formations over previous fixtures, I set my FK Pribram team up in a 4-4-1-1 with the emphasis on the two banks of four remaining solid, narrow and organised, maintaining shape at all times. In attack I'd try to get my target man to hold it up and either wait for support or win a free-kick in their half.

It worked well; for the first goal my 17 year old left midfielder burst forward on the counter-attack, fed by the target man, and tucked away his first ever senior goal. It was one of those when he gets bumped while shooting and the animation of him falling looked so realistic as the ball skidded into the far corner (yup, rainy, go figure). For the second goal, my striker won a free-kick and one of my central midfielders popped up in the area to get his head on the end of the set-piece.

They pulled one back almost immediately, and I was under pressure as I tried to protect my 2-1 lead. It didn't last; a very good cross met by a midfielder arriving from deep drew them level. Fortunately I was able to return the favour, one of my central midfielders slipping a through ball into the box for my striker to cleverly spin on to, and he sidefooted confidently into the corner to regain the lead at 3-2.

After that it was a very tense :PRAY: last twenty minutes, some desperation defending. I brought on some extra defensive cover to try and withstand the pressure. I even had a late breakaway chance to kill the game in the dying minutes, but on his weaker foot my midfielder only hit it straight at the keeper. It didn't matter as we held on for a valuable and satisfying win - good stuff :BOP:

I've begun with three wins, a draw and three defeats in my first seven games, a decent start for a team tipped for relegation :GSCARF:

Hmm, sure does rain a lot in the Czech Republic... :THINK:

Last edited:

Well I was bored this morning so I knocked up a program to simulate injuries in Fifa.

v1.3 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7DTYYYTC

Its a very basic program that allows you to set the frequency of injuries occurring and the size of your squad.

Then after every manager mode game you play, click the 'Next Game' button and the program will tell you if there are any injuries in your squad, the injury type and how long they are out for. If you have an injured player then you will have to manually make sure you stick him in your reserves and don't use him.

I haven't put any time into making the program look pretty, its as basic as it gets, but it works. Dunno if I'll actually use it myself or not yet..

I created the program on an XP machine, but it should run ok on vista etc.

Hope somebody finds a use for it :)

injurysimulator.jpg

Last edited:

I have decided to wait for an update fixing the custom tactics before i begin a new MM

Vindaloo, that's genius. I gave it a test run and seem to get mostly hamstring injuries, need to tell my players to warm up more thoroughly!

I suppose the drawback is that it won't remember the injuries if you close the program, so you'd have to keep track of them manually between 'sessions'.

Also, without changing any of the settings (leaving the defaults of 20% and 22-man squad), it almost never injures a squad number higher than #11. If you change the settings to like 99%/#50 it will eventually pick numbers higher than #11, but almost never with the default values. Is that intentional?

Last edited:

Yeah its intentional. I think its a 80% chance that the injury will be from the first 11, to try and simulate that they are the ones getting heavy tackles etc during the match. This could be made into another drop down list so you can set the ratio yourself

I have just started my manager mode with cardiff city, played two friendly's so far, won the first game against watford 2-1 and second 1-0 against swansea away. Chopra has scored all 3 so far, have plenty of Speed down the wings and a strong back 4. Looking forwards to the league games, fingers crossed its a good start. :)

I suppose the drawback is that it won't remember the injuries if you close the program, so you'd have to keep track of them manually between 'sessions'.

Also, without changing any of the settings (leaving the defaults of 20% and 22-man squad), it almost never injures a squad number higher than #11. If you change the settings to like 99%/#50 it will eventually pick numbers higher than #11, but almost never with the default values. Is that intentional?

Here's an update that fixes the issues you mentioned Nerf, hope its of use to you...

v1.3 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7DTYYYTC

There's now a setting of how often the injuries occur for the first 11, its set to 80% by default, so whenever there is an injury it will be an 80% chance of it being in your first 11.

You can now also load and save your injuries so you can continue a session at another time, they get saved to a text file in the same location as the program on your pc.

I best get back to work now!

Last edited:

Leeds were on a massive winning run of Eight in the league and 12 in all competition but made the mistake of looking back through the calendar after realising we'd not last for quite a while.

Drew the very next game against 21st placed Walsall who had not won in five, then crashed out of the Johnstone's paint trophy to Tranmere on pens and then lost to Charlton in the FA Cup 1-0 in the 80th min. :DOH:

Recovered by getting a good 3-0 win against Swindon and still favourites for the League 1 title... :P

Howdie bon homies, just a quick question. Does anybody know if the issues regarding loaned players being sold has been sorted with the patch? Also do your players develop sent on loan?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom