Re: FIFA 10 Manager Mode Thread...

Re: FIFA 10 Manager Mode Thread

Just played two friendlies on my MM with Accrington Stanely lost 3-2 to Port Vale and drew 2-2 with Bournemouth on legendary, for some reason i score more on legendary

Started a MM with Las Palmas.
First match was friendly against Hercules: 1-0 win.

Started a MM with Las Palmas.
First match was friendly against Hercules: 1-0 win.

That's who my MM is with :) I haven't played much though, 2 games or so. I got pissed off with the pressuring and turned it off then :LOL:

Wolves 2-0 Leeds

The cup run is over :(

6th in the league... Im awaiting the dreaded vote of confidence!

We always seem to choose the same division...last year Serie B with Grosseto and Avellino and now the liga Adalante in Spain...good luck Prof...

Wolves 2-0 Leeds

The cup run is over :(

6th in the league... Im awaiting the dreaded vote of confidence!

I've been Sacked..... :P

Had a bad run of too many draws and slipped to 8th from the heady 2nd I'd reached, only lost once though and won my last two but it was no good the board decided it was time to part company...:COAT:

What level was your board set to?
Pro Dags, before the patch with the same settings I got promotion through the play off's just, so I didn't win the league and TBH I struggled more than I did this time.
It seemed to stem from one game, the draw where my board rating plummeted, three more games which were another draw and two wins and that was it... :BYE: :P

Dude world class board setting is so stupid, i started my MM with Accrington Stanley on world class board and had around a £350 wage budget to use which is complete and utter rubbish!

And plus after losing my opening 4 games and having my job already being threatened i was forced to start again on proffesional diffuculty (board) and i have noticed that you get a decent amount of cash and wage budget to play with.

From what i have heard you also get alot more time at each job which means if i have one bad run i won't get sacked :)

Anyone know if i should upgrade my fitness coach at all because my players are all getting tired wayyyyy to easily/

I plunged most of my starting cash into fitness to get it to level 4. It doesn't seem too bad, they do tire but it forces you to rotate your team, which I like.

As you get 0 injuries in MM, unless you Sim games I never touch any of the coaching staff it helps to balance the fact none of your players will miss games through injury...

All of my bench and reserves are low in form, I assume I have to play them to get their form back up?

Why is it that, on the main MM menu, I click Team Management and it shows my LCM as 58 rating, yet when I click into Manage Team, he changes to a 60?

Last edited by a moderator:

i know if i have to play reserves for a mid week game if my first teamers are tired they are always off form, i think there shoulld be no change in form seeing as they aren't even playing.

Also it does the rating thing with my pro, it says 72 on the team management menu, but when i click in to it he is 75.

As you get 0 injuries in MM, unless you Sim games I never touch any of the coaching staff it helps to balance the fact none of your players will miss games through injury...

Just had a thought, roll a dice after each game. If its a six, one of your players is 'injured'.

Roll the dice twice to find out who's injured in the first 11 (double six means no injury).

Roll again for the number of matches he misses. Stick him in the reserves for x number of weeks.

Dungeons and dragons meets fifa :)

Just had a thought, roll a dice after each game. If its a six, one of your players is 'injured'.

Roll the dice twice to find out who's injured in the first 11 (double six means no injury).

Roll again for the number of matches he misses. Stick him in the reserves for x number of weeks.

Dungeons and dragons meets fifa :)

Hahaha that would be class, you could do it when your player gets hacked in the game and stays down for a moment, that happens quite often and you find yourself praying he's broken a leg... :P

I like the idea but I guess chances are that your nr 7 will be injured a lot more than nr 1?

The 'home made injuries' comment was a joke really, but if you are actually gonna try it then you could use double six to mean the goalie gets injured, seeing as rolling two dice you could never get a 1 :)

just had an intense game in my MM, playing against Barnet in the league. 23 mins in and some striker manages to push my center back out of the way and slot home, bulls**t. Bring off my VP and stick a CF on in his place (CAM) paid of instantly in 55th minute drills a low shot into the bottom corner from the edge of the box. Once again, my CF is involved, takes on a defender and slips a sublime pass into my striker, 2-1 to me, comeback complete. Trying to shut out the game i revert to ultra defensive, one long ball into my box caused havoc and the ball fell to their winger and he hammered it home in the 88th minute. Gutted.

Any way to get players more interested in joining you? I'm playing as Crewe and nobody has any interest over 17% in joining me, which is pretty annoying as it's impossible to sign anyone it seems.

as your prestige as a manager goes up, i think people will want to come and play for your team more, plus if you bid for young players with a similar overall to the players in your squad they usually have around 30% interest.

So basically you can't buy anyone in your first year and have to keep the squad you have?

What happened to realistic transfers? River Plate have put in a bit for Joel Grant, my Crewe right midfielder :LOL:

Ashley Cole has gone to Lille for £3.1m
Kyle Naughton to Groningen
J.Jackson from Notts County to Roma

Last edited by a moderator:

Wasn't the patch supposed to change the form system?

A few pages back I wrote that the form arrows depends on the average rating of the players five latest games. If your player has an average of 6,0 he has a white arrow. To get a light green arrow he needs to get an average of 7,0. The rating of players that don't participate in a match seem to count for a ranking of 5.

To me it seems to be the same even after the patch.
I started up a new MM just because EA said they had "solved" the form issue.

Back
Top Bottom