Re: FIFA 10 Manager Mode Thread...

Re: FIFA 10 Manager Mode Thread

I guess the MM patch will be out before the release of PES2010 (scheduled for this friday)...

Typical, had my best session in MM on 10 last night and now the patch is out... :P

My target was 1/2 way in the championship and just under 3/4 of the way through the season in 9th, did reach the dizzying heights of 4th for a week.
Lost 1-0 to Spurs in the FA cup but played good ordered football and the game felt better, tweaked all my quick tactics and formations and things just worked, lost 3-0 to Wednesday though, but had a tired and much changed squad.
So it's in with the patch and much editing...

Has there been any confirmation by EA that you need to start a new MM once the patch is out? I'm halfway through my first season so its no big deal either way, but given the choice I'd rather continue with the one I'm currently playing.

Well, according to a few guys on the other messageboards, the patch does exactly what it says on the (albeit, small) tin.

Form is fixed, the AI of your team mates is set to World Class, the assist bug is no more... etc.

I think the issue which is a real kick in the knackers is being sacked when you've won every single game of the season. That was ridiculous. No idea if that's been tweaked or touched, but there's been no mention of it.

The weather issue at least can be controlled via exiting the mode and starting an Exhibition match in clear conditions. Bit of a long winded process, but at least it's fixable.

Well, according to a few guys on the other messageboards, the patch does exactly what it says on the (albeit, small) tin.

Form is fixed, the AI of your team mates is set to World Class, the assist bug is no more... etc.

I think the issue which is a real kick in the knackers is being sacked when you've won every single game of the season. That was ridiculous. No idea if that's been tweaked or touched, but there's been no mention of it.

The weather issue at least can be controlled via exiting the mode and starting an Exhibition match in clear conditions. Bit of a long winded process, but at least it's fixable.

Is that for sure Scutch, I could not find a definitive answer...

Oh, on a side note I had my first two injuries both out for a week and in the same screen I had the physio telling me they were both back fit... :BRICK:

Damn EA, piss up and brewery saying comes to mind...

Is that for sure Scutch, I could not find a definitive answer...

TBH Nick, I've not had an issue with the weather in Manager Mode. I've usually had clear days. True, I've also had a couple of conditions set to rain, but the majority have been clear.

When I had one set to overcast/rain on the pre-buildup screen, I exited and chose an Exhibition game and set the weather to clear. When I returned to Manager Mode, it had also changed.

Whether (*snigger*) this works every time is another thing, as I only tried it the once. I'm even wondering if it's just so random that the more you go back a few screens and then advance again might even change it, rather than having to set it in Exhibition mode.

I'll be giving it a go as the more I have played the more rain and night seems to take over, I have had no snow which TBH I'm not bothered about, but every rain game is a misty night-ish affair, there seems to be no straight forward rain or drizzle or day downpour games and after four or five on the bounce it just gets depressing...

So has anyone found out what the differences are for the different difficulty levels for the board? As in, having it on easy means they are actually pleased with you when you win the league, the stadiums are full for top of the table clashes, completing your objectives means you actually do get money for next season, Offering ridiculous amount sof money for a 60rated player will enable you to buy him, etc.

Tbh I find the whole board stuff nonsense in its current state so would rather put it on easy if that meant all the oddities will be removed.

Has anyone tested it? Or has everyone, like me, gone for the highest difficulty from the off?

I've tried different levels. The only major difference I saw was money (which makes a bigger difference at the lower clubs), but I think there was a slight "strictness" drop as well on the very lowest setting. On Professional it doesn't seem to make a big difference.

Guess I'll just have to put in on easy and hope that when I re-develope a team with youngsters and end up 4th/5th I won't get fired.

Another example of how poor the implementation is; a little less money and a slight strictness adjustment. Really seems to be very little, if any, added quality by having this new feature.

Anyone heard anything from Marcel?!

Quick question regarding MM. In FIFA 09, at the end of every season, regardless of if you won the Champions League / Premier League / some other major cup, you didn't get any extra income. All of your income was generated from your sponsor and match tickets, which annoyed me greatly.

Is this still the case in FIFA 10? I'm QPR and currently sitting top of the Championship and am in the final of the League Cup. When I get promoted to the Premiership, am I actually going to get a substantial amount of money to sign players to, y'know, actually compete in the top league?

Cause I currently have a balance of about £400,000. So come the end of the season if its like FIFA 09, I'd probably have around £4 mill to play with. Which is diddly squat.

Please someone tell me this won't be the case!

It's supposed to not be the case this time, you are supposed to get money. However my objectives were to qualify for the CL and reach a cup final; I won the league and won the facup.......and I got f@#kall. That was on WC board difficulty, and I still had 20mil in the bank. So Im not sure whether it's relative to how much money you have (which is ridiculous if it is) or that it was just another barefaced lie from our favorite Marcel. Im fearing the latter. [sarcasm] If a championship win isn't even celebrated why would you get money.......[/sarcasm]

I think that this game has put a transfer ban on my Blackburn team, how the hell can you sign players, I have tried signing lower premier league team players, championship, league 1, portuguese league, brazilian league and trasfer listed players, not once have I been successful.

Quick question regarding MM. In FIFA 09, at the end of every season, regardless of if you won the Champions League / Premier League / some other major cup, you didn't get any extra income. All of your income was generated from your sponsor and match tickets, which annoyed me greatly.

Is this still the case in FIFA 10? I'm QPR and currently sitting top of the Championship and am in the final of the League Cup. When I get promoted to the Premiership, am I actually going to get a substantial amount of money to sign players to, y'know, actually compete in the top league?

Cause I currently have a balance of about £400,000. So come the end of the season if its like FIFA 09, I'd probably have around £4 mill to play with. Which is diddly squat.

Your mail makes me think about the one thing i didn't like in the manager mode of FIFA09 (haven't tried FIFA10's yet).
I did a MM with Serie B team Avellino (i think irl they were relegated, as long as i followed them, they were always last in Serie B). Avellino was one of the absolute minnows of Serie B. I managed to win the title in Serie B and immediately won the title in Serie A aswell and that after buying 3 players (i remember Mbokani from Standard, Bryan Ruiz from Gent and Calaio from Sienna, decent players but hardly world stars). There was no difference in playing Grosseto of Serie B or Inter in Serie A...As a matter of fact, i got the impression that it didn't make any difference wether i bought players or not...i hope this is fixed in this years's version.

PS: after reading what the patch repairs i decided to buy PES once again...gameplaywise FIFA is much better (although i miss the individuality of the players, but even more of the opponents), but it's a shame that they won't repair their sloppyness (more).

It's yet another line of Marcel bullshit.

I finished 2nd in the Championship and won the FA Cup, zero prize money, zero transfer "warchest" when promoted, had the same 2.8m I ended the season with, only increase was an extra 12k wage budget, so from that I was supposed to survive in the Prem and compete in Europe!

I think that this game has put a transfer ban on my Blackburn team, how the hell can you sign players, I have tried signing lower premier league team players, championship, league 1, portuguese league, brazilian league and trasfer listed players, not once have I been successful.

If you max out the player's interest you should be able to sign the player for the minimum fee, I signed Bale from Spurs for 900k and could have signed Ledley King for 1.4m but decided against it.

This is not what I wanted to hear :(

Its utter shit! This makes me think that none of the devs actually completed a season in MM when playing this game during its making. Surely one of them would have raised this issue.

And after playing MM I'm finding it hard to see what all these 50+ improvements are. It feels exactly the same, apart from the fact player values are a bit more realistic.

And after playing MM I'm finding it hard to see what all these 50+ improvements are. It feels exactly the same, apart from the fact player values are a bit more realistic.

There are no way in hell 50+ improvements.

Player values aren't even that much more realistic either, Ledley King to newly promoted Sheffield Wednesday for £1.4m? Gareth Bale for £900k?

Yeah that's what is pissing me off the most, they havent even managed to get some core acpects correct yet we are stuck with new sh!te like the highly fluctuating board ratings.......

For someone who's about to start a MM (once patch #2 is out) are there things I should avoid to minimise crashes etc

And if I put the board on Pro or even Amateur will that negatively effect my game? I just want to avoid being sacked unnecessarily really, I've heard a lot about being sacked when winning the league etc

Back
Top Bottom