PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The All New PES5 Master League Thread.

Metallica said:
Good stories everyone, just had a flick through

Riot how have you set your league out ? I just thought it was a bit funny seeing your Benfica team playing Anderlecht, Dinamo Kiev etc

Cheers

Well typically people would have gone for regional leagues and put Benfica with the good Spanish teams but I didn't. Instead I have most of the 'European Other' teams in plus CSKA Moscow and SK Rapid Wien as I prefer playing aginast them teams. Also I found from previous experience that if you create leagues like Serie A then the WEFA Cup gets boring with all the similar teams. For some reason I always win against the best teams like it was easy to beat Chelsea with Nurnberg rather than against someone not as good on PES4. It worked well then, and it is now.

EDIT: For the rest of the leagues I choose the Top 48 teams left and divide them equally throughout the others so competition is tough and more interesting.

Nice highlights Nerf. Good see more of us doing this.
Looks like you have the same application as me ;) Kinda fun isn't it :)
Great goal by Pepe ( i know it was the com :( )

Professor Nutmeg said:
Nice highlights Nerf. Good see more of us doing this.
Looks like you have the same application as me ;) Kinda fun isn't it :)
Great goal by Pepe ( i know it was the com :( )
Thanks Prof :). I liked yours so much I thought I'd have a go at it myself.

It was a sweet volley by Pepe. I actually put my controller down and applauded the Xbox when it happened :D

23new.gif

Liga Nacional:
Segunda Division
Alavés News

Alavés Back On Track

antes_de_lesionarse.jpg

De Lucas was the midfield spark
against Cadiz CF

Deportivo Alavés' promotion hopes resurfaced after recording two further wins and a draw by Day 9. However, the table is as tight as ever, with only three points separating the top five clubs.
Alavés are currently third in the table, two points behind leaders Sporting CP and Celta Vigo.

Day 8 Result:
Sporting 0
Alavés 1
Bodipo 81'

Day 9 Result:
Cadiz 1
Oli 51'
Alavés 2
De Lucas 25' Jandro 41'

To view highlights of the game via Alavés TV, CLICK HERE (for some reason Jandro's 2nd goal went missing, sorry)

Next up for Alavés is the 1st leg of the Copa Nacional semi-finals against Celta Vigo.

Table after Day 9

1 Sporting 17 pts
2 Celta Vigo 17 pts
3 Alavés 15 pts
4 Mallorca 15 pts
5 Malaga 14 pts
6 Getafe 12 pts
7 Elche 5 pts
8 Cadiz 5 pts

Last edited:
Wigan Master League Season 2005 (End Of Season)

111.gif

League
The second half of the season was a bit better, managed to get three wins in seven games. Most of it was one-nil wins…but the three points is what that matter (yeah right!)

League Table
Rangers.........31
West Ham......28
Celtic............20
West Brom.....19
Wolves..........18
Sunderland....16
Wigan............14
Leeds.............9

Top Scorer……....Sheringham (8 Goals)
Top Assister…….G. Williams (5 Assists)

Cup
In the semi-finals with West Brom I managed to hold them 0-0 at home, went away to them had the game under controller but someone how they managed to score a goal in the 80th minute from R. Earnshaw…..with all the shots and possession I had I couldn’t believe I lost!

Final
West Brom 0-0 Celtic (Celtic won 5-6 on penalties)

Team
Apart from Bullard, Chimbonda, Baines, R. Taylor and Skoko…the rest of the team was shit! Most of my players are in their peak…the average age of my squad is 29, which isn’t a good look!

Transfer
Le Pen (Strasbourg)--------> Wigan Athletic – Cost: 3700
- The French winger was the only signing I could make, since I had hardly any money, I just had enough to get this player! I brought him into the club since I needed another SMF to replace either H. Camara or McCulloch. I’ll probably put him in the staring line-up, ahead of McCulloch, since he looked good in the pre-season matches.

Finance
Funds: 124
Team Salary: 10626

:p

- We’ll be bringing you a report on the 2006 season.

Last edited:

I'm going to do a couple of matches soon but I still can't think of a striker to sign. I have Paulo Guererro in mind but I'm not too sure on him. Recommendations would be good but they have to be realistic for a team like Benfica. Mantorras is crap now and needs replacing.

When I get to the off-season I'll probably sign Franck Ribery to battle Geovanni on the right and Daniel Carvalho to give Manuel Fernandes or Simao competition. In the couple of games I've done since the transfer window, all my signings have impressed bar Romagnoli. I only got him because I could get him cheap but he doesn't perform. He's got nice stats but Gygax, Geovanni, Joao Pereira do much better.

EDIT: SB, tut tut at your finance :p

I started off with 12,000 at the beginning of the season as I didn't want to be tempted to bring in loads of signings or make it too easy.

Riot89 said:
EDIT: SB, tut tut at your finance :p

I started off with 12,000 at the beginning of the season as I didn't want to be tempted to bring in loads of signings or make it too easy.

lol i've been playing shit thats why...haven't been getting hardly any money...only 400 from draws and a couple of wins.

Hey maybe Odenwigie (LOSC Lille) would be a good signing.

Riot89 said:

I started with 5000 points to restrict signings. My team salary is around 10500.

I've been after a defender - Nuno Morais in particular (a realistic signing i would like to think). But i couldn't put any money on the table in the mid-season window, as i was still in the red. I had put 2 strikers on the transfer list, but no clubs put in any offers for them. I've just managed to break past the team salary point (at the end of Day 9) and i'm now in the black. I'll endeavour to get Nuno Morais' signature at the end of the season.
No sigings at all for me then.

Riot, why don't you try Mousillou from Lille...i had him in PES4 and he was superb..played a couple of PES5 matches with Lille and he was even better.

Standard drew two other matches both 0-0 matches against Djurgarden (for the competition and one for the cup which meant qualification).

And then came the match against leaders Fenerbahce.
Standard took the lead after a penalty foul on Democratic Republic of Congo striker Mémé Tchité. Conçeicao scored his 5th goal of the season.
Standard was the best team for the rest of the match and just after half-time Tchité scored my best goal in PES5 so far. He dribbled three players in the box and scored...i would have liked to show this goal in this thread (but i haven't got the technology and the knowledge to do so). I was really proud of this goal.
Next match is against Shaktar Donetsk. Standard are 4th with 10 points. AZ67 are leaders with 14 points.

I did a couple of games a while earlier but I'm quite pissed at the moment so I'm not going to bother with a write-up so I'll summarise.

Benfica 4 - PSV 0 (Div. 1 Cup)
I managed to win while giving all my subs and youngsters a game (bearing in mind I play on 5*). Joao Vilela got a hat-trick and Gygax got one.

Benfica 3 - Sporting 0 (league)
Miccoli scored a brace while Karyaka scored another cracker (all of his goals have been stunners). Niko Kranjcar and Dellafiore both seem like very good players.

I've thoughtabout them two already but I'm not really after a striker from ligue1. I've got a shortlist in my mind but I'll have to decide on one.

Mantzios
Palacio
P. Guerrero
Lisandro Lopez
Manduca
Fogaca
Hugo Almeida
Marica
Cristea
Pavlyuchenko
Milevskiy
Cavenaghi

That's all I can remember, any more suggestion swould be good. That took quite a bit of time o post ¬_¬ :p

Wigan Master League Season 2006 (After Negotiations)

111.gif

League
My poor form continues one win in seven games! Not much else to say.

League Table
1 Everton............17
2 West Brom.......11
3 Portsmouth.......10
4 Sunderland.......10
5 Celtic...............10
6 Wolves...............9
7 Wigan................6
8 Leeds................6

Top Scorer……….Miller (4 Goals)
Top Assists………Lie Tie (4 Assist)

Cup
Managed to get knocked out by Wolves in the first round! Drew 0-0 with them at home and a late Miller strike, knocked me out of the cup.

Semi-finals
Celtic vs. Everton
Wolves vs. Portsmouth

Team
Despite being at the bottom of the table my teams being playing well…..Okay, okay they’ve been playing shit! Haven’t really got going with them, maybe I should try another formation….but I prefer to play like that since I wanted a bit of a challenging playing with one striker up front. Also I’ve made Bullard my captain since he plays well in a lot of matches.

Transfer

tax_broke2.01.jpg

- Report on the subsequent half of the 2006 season.

Last edited:

In the mid-season transfer period Standard bought two new players.
DMF Afanou from Togo
CF Rafaël from Angola (yes both inspired by the recent WC qualifiers).

Standard won the first match after the mid-season transfer window with 0-1 in Kopenhagen.

The division champion ship is a real thriller:

1 Shaktar Donetsk 15
2 Standard 14 points
3 AZ67 14 points
4 Fenerbahce 14 points
5 Sparta Prague 14 points
6 Djurgarden 7 points
7 Sporting Lisboa 4 points
8 Kopenhagen 2 points

Next match is home against AZ67.

In the off season, as well as being able to play friendlies against the teams within the ML, you can also play against all star teams from the continents (eg African All stars, North [& Central] American All stars, European etc..) There are another 2 teams in this section. A Youth Master League team, made up of the best young ML players and a team called "The Jaguars" :lol: a team made up of the fastest players.

As Stinger Bell mentioned earlier too, in negotiations, you can select the player you've been negotiating with and it brings up a little card with his details and a passport size photo of him.

I'll post my end of season round up soon. Did i win promotion or not? :mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:

Transfer Round-Up

Ugur Yildirim Profile

Frank Ribery Profile

Rodrigo Palacio Profile

Evalengos Mantzios Profile

Adriano Coreira Profile

Sergio Conceicao/Michael Gravgaard/Bostjan Cesar/Diniyar Bilyanetdinov Profiles

Quickly did this for yous lot.

Professor Nutmeg said:
In the off season, as well as being able to play friendlies against the teams within the ML, you can also play against all star teams from the continents (eg African All stars, North [& Central] American All stars, European etc..) There are another 2 teams in this section. A Youth Master League team, made up of the best young ML players and a team called "The Jaguars" :lol: a team made up of the fastest players.

As Stinger Bell mentioned earlier too, in negotiations, you can select the player you've been negotiating with and it brings up a little card with his details and a passport size photo of him.

I'll post my end of season round up soon. Did i win promotion or not? :mrgreen:
lol and you can also play a team with blod players like Kapo, Assansaou, Luppatelli and etc.

I will start my Master League later, as I have now downloaded the option file with the new kits, team-lineup's, boots etc.
I choose Manchester United as my team, with 'match mode' players, playing on 6*.
My starting points (money) is the least with 5000.

PIE40004.gif
180px-FA_Premier_League.png

The Independant, 31/10/2005:

M. Stewart takes over at Manchester United
Fans and Glazers demand top-flight football
Manchester United finally decide to give M. Stewart the hotly contested manager's role at Old Trafford. United are looking at getting back into the Premiership, and eventually challenging for European football, but Stewart has already stated that he will make changes at the club; "I am impressed with the squad we have. There is talent oozing from the dressing room. But I have informed the board that I need to bring one or two new faces in, and I also informed the current players that I want 100% from EVERYONE and will not accept lacklustre performances."
Stewart has been a life-long fan of United; "This is the dream job, I admit. I will give it all the energy and commitment I possibly can, and more. We need to be in the Premiership. We need to be in Europe and we need to bring the glory days back to United. We are too big to be in this league."
"M. Stewart's confidence, passion and knowledge of the game was apparent as soon as he walked through the door. The press and bookmakers were all backing Martin O'Neil but we had other ideas.", a smiling Glazer confirms.
Stewart can 'talk the talk', but can he take on the huge challenge ahead?

Watch this space.

Steven Leighton (steven.leighton@theindependant.co.uk)

23new.gif

Liga Nacional: Segunda Division
Alavés 2005/2006 Final Report

Alavés Despair
As Promotion
Dreams End

Deportivo Alavés missed out on promotion to the Primera Division, their fate decided with one league fixture left in the calendar. With Mallorca (2nd) facing Malaga (3rd) on the final day, there was no result which would have seen Alavés (4th) leapfrog both teams.

Season 05/06 Results

Alavés 2 - 2 Sporting
Alavés 1 - 0 Cadiz
Elche 0 - 2 Alavés
Alavés 1 - 1 Malaga
Alavés 2 - 1 Cadiz
(Copa Nacional R1, 1st Leg)
Mallorca 1 - 0 Alavés
Getafe 1 - 0 Alavés
Cadiz 1 - 3 Alavés
(Copa Nacional R1, 2nd Leg)
Alavés 0 - 0 Celta Vigo

Sporting 0 - 1 Alavés
Cadiz 1 - 2 Alavés

Alavés 0 - 1 Celta Vigo (Copa Nacional SF, 1st Leg)
Alavés 2 - 1 Elche
Malaga 4 - 0 Alavés

Celta Vigo 0 - 0 Alavés (Copa Nacional SF, 2nd Leg)
Alavés 1 - 1 Mallorca
Alavés 2 - 1 Getafe
Celta Vigo 4 - 0 Alavés

Final Table

1 Celta Vigo 32 pts
2 Mallorca 28 pts
--------------------
3 Malaga 23 pts
4 Alavés 22 pts
5 Getafe 21 pts
6 Sporting 20 pts
7 Cadiz 8 pts
8 Elche 5 pts

Segunda Division (Promoted)

Celta Vigo
Mallorca

Primera Division (Relegated)

Espanyol
Real Sociedad

AWARDS

Segunda Division Best Player : Baiano (Celta Vigo)
Segunda Division Top Scorer: Paunovic (Getafe)
Segunda Division Top Assister : Baiano (Celta Vigo)

Copa Nacional Winners: Celta Vigo
UEFA Champions League: Chelsea (Western Championship)
UEFA Cup: Manchester Utd (Western Championship)

Alavés Season 06/07 Preview Coming Soon...

Last edited:

Unlucky Professor Nutmeg...Were you able to get decent amount of money at the end of the season?

I'm in the red and nobody won't buy any of my players and i might get a GAME OVER!

Re: Wigan Master League Season 2006 (After Negotiations)

Stringer Bell said:
:lol:

Brilliant SB! Brilliant! :lmao:

@Riot, nice work on those files mate, keep them coming :)

Thanks, well that's the most you'll probably get out of me in a long time. I only did two matches today and what I find Evalengos Mantzios is :cool:

Three goals in two matches, he's plays a lot like Zlatan for me. Adriano Coreira is a jem too.

Unlucky Mr Nutmeg, what difficulty do you play on? I bet you've got many chances you've been left ruing.

SB: :lol:

played a quickie with man u match mode on 5* - a decent challenge, but not enough to keep it interesting. I'm just about to start a new one - creating a unique team made up of 16-19 year old players, with perhaps a couple of "experienced" 24 year olds. No superstars, just promising youngsters - I'll do a snazzy post soon with team information/lineups etc soon.

Oh, and there are a couple of other special teams - Lefties (featuring just left footed players), and Master League Vets - all at least 28, but quality!

PIE40004.gif
180px-FA_Premier_League.png
(Division 2)

League teams:
Celtic
Manchester United
Nancy
Sunderland
Vitesse
West Ham United
West Bromwich Albion
Wigan Athletic

First fixture: Manchester United V Wigan Athletic (H)
A packed Old Trafford and confident Stewart has the luxury of fielding a full-strength first eleven. United play a 4-3-3 formation, with Ronaldo, Rooney and Van Nistelrooy the front trio. United dominate both halves, but do not take their chances, and Wigan's defence see's them through it. In the 81st minute Wigan hit the bar, but to no avail, it ends in a stalemate. Not the dream start for Stewart. Result: 0-0

Second fixture: Manchester United V West Bromwich Albion (H)
United keep the same 4-3-3 formation, with Ronaldo replaced by Park Ji Sung. United completely dominate first half, and score a 39th minute opener, a mistake from WBA allow Van Nistelrooy to strike home.
Second half and United's midfield look a little shakey, and WBA have their chances but don't take them. Ronaldo replaces Park, and later on the super-sub opens up WBA's defence, and strikes a shot low and hard across the goal, and the post helps it in. United hold on for their first win of the season. A good performance.
Result: 2-0 (Van Nistelrooy, Ronaldo)

Ruud_van_Nistelrooy_194116c.jpg
ronaldo_cristiano_mufc_profile_2005.jpg

Division 2 Table:
Manchester United - 4 points
Nancy - 4 points
Wigan Athletic - 4 points
Vitesse - 4 points
West Ham United - 3 points
Celtic - 3 points
West Bromwich Albion - 0
Sunderland - 0

Riot, i play on 6 stars and i started the first season with 5000 points.

I have started season 2 and i have to get about 11700 points. I've played 1 game and i have about 2600 points. It's not impossible, but if i manage it, i will need to get into the Primera Division, so that the following season it will be easier to cover my wages.

The computer doesn't look like it wants to but my players either. This season will be tougher than the last. This is definitely the biggest challenge i've ever had in any PES game. I hope i can do it...

I put the difficulty up to 6* from my second season and it seems more noticably harder this time. Although it doesn't stop me scoring ^_^

Good luck in your second season Prof.
I'm a long way from facing challenges like yours...
But i'm starting to play better. And what a satisfaction it is to see things get better.
Standard won against AZ67: 2-0 goals from Conçeicao (another pk) and Tchité.
That leaves Standard as the only team one point behind leaders Shaktar Donetsk (since besides AZ67, Sparta Prague and Fenerbahce also lost).
Played th first leg in the division 2 semi-final: 1-0 a 30 meters screamer from Geeraerts...great goal.
Next match is against Sparta Prague. With a win Standard have a 6 point gap with this team...

I might be heading for a GAME OVER....5 weeks to go and it seems like the COM teams don't wanna buy any of my players!

Thats not so good Stringer :)
Sorry but its quite amusing to read your stories :) But I am sure you will make it.

My league with Padova goes quite ok although I havent played for a week I think but I am in the top 5 and it goes like usual too good.. Maybe when I start playing again it will be like a 'new' feeling again and that i start lose..
Anyway everyone good luck with the ML.

Oh PLF, I am sure you have seen We9 French Ligue Patch, it looks fucking brilliant! When this patch comes out I will start a ML in French I think with RC Lens (I aloways loved this club) only i know shit about the french ligue so you will have to help me by that time :)

Laterz

GAME OVER

jmo0869l.jpg

Well thats it for me and Wigan! I turned off the auto save and kept on reapting the weeks (which i don't do), repeated this about 1000 times! No COM team wanted to buy any of my players, so that was GAME OVER for me.

I have made Wigan bankrupt!!! :mrgreen:

Well i'll be looking for another club to manage, that'll give me as good a challenge as the Wigan one.

Back
Top Bottom