PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The All New PES5 Master League Thread.

Antchouet's goal went down well with the faithful. How about that for a way to introduce yourself.

On another note, i made my first badge today, and i hope to make many more :)

Here it is in all its glory, a Boavista badge (128 colours)

boavista0yo.gif

Shove it in your option file via the PES5Editor and you're away.

I'm playing the Master League with Porto with 6 stars, i'm now in the first division after having won the D2 Cup and D2, i started the D1 League and the results till now were:

Real Sociedad 0 - 1 FCP
FCP 3 - 1 Espanol

I'm in second next to Barcelona, wich i will play against in the next game. I'm really liking doing this Master League with Porto because of the large number of youth players it has. Anderson, Diego, Lisandro Lopez, Quaresma, Lucho Gonzalez, Ibson, Ivanildo, Hugo Almeida, etc... are developing very well, and being a great help to the sucess of the team.

Well, something clicked tonight and I enjoyed PES5 thoroughly. I hadn't been able to do anything before.

I've started my second season after finishes 6th in Div 2 first season. Now I have won 5 and drawn 1! My cup game was away and I won it 3-1. I seem to be scoring some terrific goals now. Kleber has got plenty and now I've moved Zandi up into the playmaker role he's ripping teams apart. He's chipped in with 2 lovely freekick goals too.

Can anyone tell me whether Kleber, Messi, Zandi and Diego Silva are real or made up? I found them all in the free player sction (I think??).

How do I find the players that would be in my team but aren't because I chose default? Where would they be?

SO aren't there fake promising players that Konami make up for you to buy?

What clubs do the above players play for anyway then?

I started an ML with Parma, 1st division, 6*, 15 mins, with the best 15 Italian teams filling up the other slots.

PES5 is no more difficult than PES4 was. Harder to score, perhaps, but just as easy to dominate a match imo. I beat Milan 2-1 in my last game, which Parma dominated from start to finish. Gilardino netted against his old club against the run of play with Milan's only real chance of the match. It was a little disappointing. The game itself is fine, but the challenge is no greater than last time.

Maybe I've just underestimated Parma after their real-life struggles. I think I might stay in Italy but start again with whoever's the weakest team.

Try using default players nerf, they can't score to save their lives :D

Milo` said:
Try using default players nerf, they can't score to save their lives :D

Default is the only way to go, starting with a real team line up is as good as cheating IMO.

:roll:

I'll be using the default players in my 'proper' ML when the patches and option files start coming out, beginning in Div 2 and all that. In the meantime I'm just looking for a nice challenge to tide me over.

although i use default, its not cheating, its an alternative. konami have made the game hard enoguh anyway, anyone who says they wi games comfortably on 6 star master league is lying and the developers will tell you that

PLF said:
Might have been a coincidence :p

but if not.. that's a pretty cool touch by Konami as you said and I don't recall it being there for WE9.

Trust me bruv it's there...i played them again in the second leg and they had their younger team out.

Wigan Master League Season 2005 (After Day 7)

League
I’ve been playing terrible so far, one goal scored in seven league game. Having a hard time passing the ball around, even with five men in midfield! Only conceded seven goals, which isn’t so bad. I’m bottom of the table with now wins, three draws and four loses!!!

League Table:
West Ham…….19
Celtic…………...15
Rangers……….13
West Brom……10
Wolves……….....9
Sunderland…..…5
Leeds………...…..3
Wigan………........3

Top Scorer……..Sheringham (5 goals)

Cup
In the league cup things are a bit better for me. Managed to beat the title favorites, West Ham, to go through to the semi-finals. Beat them at home with goals from Francis, Roberts....and a late goal from Reo-Coker to make it 2-1. Managed to hold them 0-0 in the next tie to get to the semi-final, with West Brom.

Semi-Finals:
Wigan Vs. West Brom
Wolves Vs. Celtic

Team
My best player so far is Bullard, who’s scored the only goal for me in the league, his been my most consistent player and has been a bully in centre of midfield. The rest have been a bit on and off. Chimbonda has played well now and then…but can be a bit shit at times. Henri Camara is nowhere to be found in some matches. J. Roberts hasn’t really got going in the league; Henchoz has been dodgy for me in defense and not only that, his highest paid player in my squad with wages of 704 lol. A player that looks good for me in the future is probably Ryan Taylor (RB), if Chimbonda decides to leave his gonna take his place.

Transfer
Never managed to buy or sell no one during the transfer window. I tried to get Lloyd Sam (SMF) since he was able play at both sides of the midfield..…but Charlton wasn’t having none of it…..tried to loan him out Lennon, couldn’t agree on a deal with spurs after two bids!

- Report on the final half of the season coming soon.

Last edited:

Stringer Bell said:
Trust me bruv it's there...i played them again in the second leg and they had their younger team out.

Hi mate

That sounds great! Considering my worse than woeful cup record on WE7 & PES4 I "might" actually have a little run this time!!

db

Second match for Standard in the All European League division 2.

AZ67 - Standard 1-1

0-1 pk Conçeicao
1-1 fk Koevermans

Shit match...AZ67 was by far the better team in the second half. They totally dominated Standard (61% of ball possession!!!).
As their manager i have quite a lot of work to do...

Fenerbahce and Shaktar Donetsk have won both matches.
Standard and AZ67 have 4 point (3th and 4th).
This game is difficult...very difficult.
For the moment i can't imagine playing with the default team.

When i compare Alaves' beautifull goals with my lucky or penalty goals...jesus what a difference...well i won't get bored too quick with this year's edition...i can certainly improve a lot...

Or maybe my created players have lower stats than the default team...

I'm doing really well in my second season. I'm undefeated with 5 wins and 4 draws. Into the semis too.

Kleber (who i discovered is from Dynamo Kiev) has been in fine form and Diego Silva has got 4 goals, one with each foot, a toe poke volley and a header, talk about versatile!

I've got Savio in on loan to roam down the left wing too. Watch this space

Oh, does anyone know how to do a feint where you don't actually move the ball, you just draw your leg back but never actually connect with the ball. The usual press shoot and pass together one makes you turn to the side and there's not always space for that. I've seen it in clips but have never known how to do it, any ideas?

Bizarrely I've found myself at the transfer window today despite only playing about eight matches this week on PES5. Although I have a feeling my crafty brother has done some so I'll have to sort him out ¬_¬

Anyway, I spent about twenty mintues today doing negotiations but I didn't do any matches afterwards :p :confused: I always try to keep my transfers realistic.

During a spare half an hour I did a quick write-up on Photoshop so I have a decent template for future round-ups as I won't be posting much due to not playing PES that often so I might as make my summaries good.

Benfica Transfer Round-Up:

Calcio Update...

coaches.jpg

Ascoli Appoint New Coach

Serie A new boys Ascoli have replaced coach Marco Giampaolo on the eve of their return to the top flight.

President Roberto Benigni cited the need for greater discipline and defensive solidity for the daunting season ahead, and the new man in charge comes with a reputation for both, although often criticised for his negative tactics during a decade of coaching experience in Dutch football with De Graafschap. Benigni believes this might just be the approach required for a small club facing a desperate battle for survival amongst the big boys.

The new allenatore is expected to bring his own cautious brand of 5-3-2 to the Stadio Del Duca, with inspirational captain Domenico Cristiano tipped to adapt to the libero role at the heart of the defence, while star man Michele Fini will look to help the midfield tick. It could be a tough season ahead for Ascoli.

Damn Nerf you already switched out of Parma???????

Well hope you have more of a challenge/fun at Ascoli but how many did you even play with Parma??

Did you think that maybe AC Milan were having a bad day or you were on fire in that match? I mean I know it's not expected but there are matches where you see the much weaker side dominate and eventually win because on somedays not even for teams like AC Milan does everything click?

I guess I can have no arguments though if you did play a min of 10 matches. Because 3-4 is no real indication, it just might be a good early season start/form that won't necessarily continue and it could still be a relegation fight.

Anyways hope you have fun at Ascoli :)

@Stringer, that's very nice touch then man. Looking forward to witnessing it myself now.

@Professor, man your stories are great but those highlights add so much more to the story with just few seconds of video clips can spice everything up. You might want to make the link to the video highlights of the matches you record more obvious though mate, I had looked over your post and not really noticed it until I saw in next post someone say Nice goal! :p

@Riot, Very nice graphical work on that Portuguese Superliga website mate. It may take a bit long but it's all that more entertaining to read and visually more apperaling. Keep it up if you find the time :)

PLF said:
Damn Nerf you already switched out of Parma???????

Well hope you have more of a challenge/fun at Ascoli but how many did you even play with Parma??

Did you think that maybe AC Milan were having a bad day or you were on fire in that match? I mean I know it's not expected but there are matches where you see the much weaker side dominate and eventually win because on somedays not even for teams like AC Milan does everything click?

I guess I can have no arguments though if you did play a min of 10 matches. Because 3-4 is no real indication, it just might be a good early season start/form that won't necessarily continue and it could still be a relegation fight.

Anyways hope you have fun at Ascoli :)
Thanks PLF. Parma just turned out to be a bad choice for me, they have some decent players with quality, like Marchionni, Bresciano, Morfeo, Corradi, and even Grella and Delvecchio have higher stats than you might expect.

I only played five games with them - well, four and a half really, as I quit during the fifth. It wasn't many but it was giving me an indication that this wasn't the team I was looking for.

So I was out of there quicker than a Cagliari coach - well, almost ;)

It wasn't going to be a relegation fight. I'd only conceded that one goal in five games, and although I wasn't scoring loads I wasn't feeling at all threatened by the CPU teams, even teams like Milan and Fiorentina.

So I decided to go back to my roots and emulate what I did with my longest running ML in PES4 - picked the worst team I could find and adopted a negative tactic. I wanted to stay in Italy and Ascoli suited the best, plus I'm using the same interesting-but-a-bit-rubbish formation that made De Graafschap so much fun.

I've only played two games with Ascoli so far but I'm already enjoying it ten times more than with Parma. There's a bit more character to this side and it's a case of having to fight for every ball and make each pass count, which is where the enjoyment comes from for me.

23new.gif

Liga Nacional:
Segunda Division
Alavés News

Alavés Hit Rough Patch

lucas--200x160protestando.jpg

De Lucas: Frustrated

Deportivo Alavés' promotion hopes took a turn for the worst in days 6 and 7 of the Liga Nacional, Segunda Division. Two back to back losses have seen them drop from first to fifth in the table, 4 points adrift of leaders Mallorca.

Day 5 saw Alavés visit Mallorca where they dropped all 3 points courtesy of Yordi's 90th minute winner. The following week, Alavés were away to Getafe. Again, a late goal proved decisive in the tie - Getafe substitute Riki netting in the 85th minute.

Day 5 Result:
Mallorca 1
Yordi 90'
Alavés 0

Day 6 Result:
Getafe 1
Riki 85'
Alavés 0

Next up for Alavés is the 2nd leg of the round one Copa Nacional tie against Cadiz. Alavés will take a 2-1 lead advantage into the game. They'll be looking for a win and progression to the next round to boost morale.
On Day 7, the club will seek to beat Celta Vigo in an attempt to leapfrog them and get back in the top half of the table, prior to the mid-season break.

Table after Day 6

1 Mallorca 12 pts
2 Sporting 11 pts
3 Celta Vigo 10 pts
4 Getafe 9 pts
5 Alavés 8 pts
6 Malaga 8 pts
7 Elche 5 pts
8 Cadiz 2 pts

Last edited:

Life in the top flight is proving tough on the lads, hopefully the ground news'll cheer 'em up! :D

Spikester's delight over stadium plans

Brighton stadium plans approved

Brighton manager Spikester believes his team can now plan for the future after being given permission to build a 23,000-seat stadium.
The Seagulls have been without a home since the Goldstone Ground was sold by previous owners in 1997.

But Spikester told BBC Radio Five Live: "Now we can see light at the end of a long tunnel, waiting for a new stadium.

"We can now focus on two years ahead when the young team we've got can take us into that new stadium."

Brighton have been granted planning permission for a new stadium at Falmer following a public inquiry.

They have been playing at the ill-suited Withdean, a 6,500-capacity athletics stadium, since 1999 following a spell groundsharing at Gillingham.

Spikester hopes the new stadium can boost the club's disappointing home form, which has seen the Seagulls lose twice at Withdean but only once away.

"I think we've had a fantastic away record," added the Brighton boss. "The problem has been at home and it's got to do with the stadium.

"It's a fantastic thing for the city of Brighton and Hove."

However, Spikester warned that the club still needed to make sure the new stadium had full local support.

"There are people who objected to it." he said.

"I think at this point it's important that everyone at the football club recognises them and does as much as they can to bring them on board because the stadium is going to happen and people are going to have to live with it."

PLF said:
@Riot, Very nice graphical work on that Portuguese Superliga website mate. It may take a bit long but it's all that more entertaining to read and visually more apperaling. Keep it up if you find the time :)

Long? It took me about twenty minutes to do that without the content :p

EDIT: What do you think about the transfers? Maybe I should have said that Giovanni Trappatoni recommended Dellafiore. ;)

Hey i just noticed that the team line up also changes during league matches too...i was playing teams again, after the mid-season break and i noticed they had a different line-up to what they had when i first played them.

Also when your negotiating with players and the results come....if you press :x: you can see a little report card of the player...it's nothing big but it's a nice touch.

About the fatigue system...i think PLF, GFK you might have got it a bit twisted…because you can still play players who are building up some fatigue…it’s just a case of you make sure it doesn’t fill up….obviously players won’t play good but they still have a standard of performances…I think Konami hasn’t explained the fatigue system properly.

-

The Original Spikester said:
Life in the top flight is proving tough on the lads, hopefully the ground news'll cheer 'em up! :D

Spikester's delight over stadium plans

Brighton stadium plans approved

Brighton manager Spikester believes his team can now plan for the future after being given permission to build a 23,000-seat stadium.
The Seagulls have been without a home since the Goldstone Ground was sold by previous owners in 1997.

But Spikester told BBC Radio Five Live: "Now we can see light at the end of a long tunnel, waiting for a new stadium.

"We can now focus on two years ahead when the young team we've got can take us into that new stadium."

Brighton have been granted planning permission for a new stadium at Falmer following a public inquiry.

They have been playing at the ill-suited Withdean, a 6,500-capacity athletics stadium, since 1999 following a spell groundsharing at Gillingham.

Spikester hopes the new stadium can boost the club's disappointing home form, which has seen the Seagulls lose twice at Withdean but only once away.

"I think we've had a fantastic away record," added the Brighton boss. "The problem has been at home and it's got to do with the stadium.

"It's a fantastic thing for the city of Brighton and Hove."

However, Spikester warned that the club still needed to make sure the new stadium had full local support.

"There are people who objected to it." he said.

"I think at this point it's important that everyone at the football club recognises them and does as much as they can to bring them on board because the stadium is going to happen and people are going to have to live with it."
Hey Spikey if your thinking of changing stadiums...maybe the Schüco Arena would be a good choice to play in. You have to unluck it in the PES Shop.

Last edited:

I'm having a seriously hard time signing players ATM.

Just one signing...and the only players i'm likey to get are the one's in my own league and they won't sell!

If you're looking for a attacking midfielder, have a look at the Cypriot, Harlabides, in Panathanaikos' squad. I noticed him when having a browse and I thikn he might turn good.

I also noticed yesterday that Spart Praha have signed Pablo Barrientos, Clemente Rodriguez (which I thought were quite realistic) but they've also aquired Duda from Malaga and Collins John from Fulham which is a bit annoying because I couldn't see them moving to Prague in real life.

EDIT: I like the fatigue system, it gives some players I wouldn't normally a chance.

Good stories everyone, just had a flick through

Riot how have you set your league out ? I just thought it was a bit funny seeing your Benfica team playing Anderlecht, Dinamo Kiev etc

Cheers

Riot89 said:
I also noticed yesterday that Spart Praha have signed Pablo Barrientos, Clemente Rodriguez (which I thought were quite realistic) but they've also aquired Duda from Malaga and Collins John from Fulham which is a bit annoying because I couldn't see them moving to Prague in real life.

I wouldn't say it was way off either though. John is Dutch and only signed from little FC Twente. Plus Sparta Praha have a certain European pedigree, which Fulham lack. But yeah, Sparta normally raise there own.
I remember in earlier PES games when Eastern European sides signed non-Eastern European players and i thought that was a bit odd. But look at Russia/The Ukraine in recent years, with all the Brazilians and some Portuguese moving there. I too like it if the com keeps it as realistic as possible.

Standard are becoming the kings of draw:

Standard- Sparta Prague 2-2
Sporting Lisboa - Standard 0-0

For the division 2 Cup:

Standard - Djurgarden 1-0 (fianlly a goal from Striker Meme Tchité...)

Still have trouble adjusting to the game...

Calcio Update...

Serie A Week 5

Ascoli 1 - 1 Palermo

Ascoli and Palermo remain locked in midtable following a stalemate at the Stadio Del Duca. Ascoli's Chilean midfielder Nicolas Cordova was determined to impress in his first start of the season, and it was he who broke the deadlock with a dipping second half free-kick, only for Palermo's Simone Pepe to equalise with a textbook volley nine minutes from time.

Watch HIGHLIGHTS

img_archivio51492005115542.jpg

MOTM: Cordova (Ascoli)

Back
Top Bottom