PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The All New PES5 Master League Thread.

Stringer Bell said:
Hey Spikester love your post there :mrgreen:

Have you got the PESFan Editor, if you have you can put the Brighton logo into your option file.

128 Colour Emblem:
Brighton.gif

16 colour:
Brighton.gif

Credit to dragnskin.

Ta for the pics, went and done that through the regular badge editor in game (Mrs was out on Sunday), thing was I used my old top - so writing 'Brighton & Hove Albion' accross the top was a pain in the preverbial... still done now :)

I've only got a PC at work and no jiggery-pokery at home.. maybe I'll get a file from a mate instead, loads of bobbins premiership teams.

As for the Prof, yeah tried that - thing is the skint logo is white on a blue background - man I need a proper PC and stuff... :(

nerf said:
Loving Alavés TV, Prof ;)

Finally got my hands on PES5 Monday evening (must remember to strangle the postman next time I see him :roll: ). I went through the challenge training trying to earn myself some PES points - I've got just over 3,000 at the moment, need to get 3,500 to unlock 6-star difficulty and ML Composition. Once I have those (perhaps tonight) I can start my first ML, probably with Parma I think.
Nerf, if you have a max drive or xport why dont you just bring your option file on your MC back to PC and open it in PESfan editor and give yourself 87000 PES points or whatever so you can buy the ML composition thing faster as well as few other things you may need.

@Don Domenico, that would be a bad thing but I don't think its true. Passing as well as every other attribute does matter and when I play with RKC and AC Milan there's a big difference in almost evreything not just finishing so I personally don't agree mate.

@DB, nice story :mrgreen: but Jim Carrey is NOT American, he's Canadian. ;)

Rosa Parks was the black woman who was fed up with the segregation thing in the South of the USA, so one day she simply sat on the bus where the whites were supposed to sit...The Neville Brothers made a fantastic song about her on their glorious album Yellow Moon (The Neville Brothers are Art, Aron, Cyril and another one and not Phil and the other one..).

I'm into trivia since i'm a manager without a job...a reshuffle took place in Lille and despite leading the league i was out of job...Bernard Tapie came in as president and he has bad experiences with Belgian coaches.

There are however a few clubs who seem interested in my services. First of all there is Standard de Liège, the former Belgian giant who hasn't won a championship since 1983...This team has the most passionate Belgian fans in "la cité ardente" Liège...from the Belgian Palermo to the real thing. Sicilian outfit Messina seems to have interest in my coaching services and Ascoli too have left messages on my old cell phone.

I still have a couple of days in order to take a decision...but i'm getting fed up with Trivial Pursuit and i want some real stress on a bench...

Last edited:

please help to get online?????

I started a ML with Man Utd, but I dont use it to full strengh
My line up is -

------------------VDS
Bardsley--Ferdinand--Pique--Heinze
------------Smith----Keane
Ronaldo--------------------Richardson
-------------Rooney
--------------Ruud

Played 8 won 2 drew 5!

PLF said:
Nerf, if you have a max drive or xport why dont you just bring your option file on your MC back to PC and open it in PESfan editor and give yourself 87000 PES points or whatever so you can buy the ML composition thing faster as well as few other things you may need.
I haven't found an editor that can do that with PES5 Xbox option files, yet. Not many points to go though ;)

Nowadays I don't play PES often and not long ago, I wasn't even contemplating to get PES5. However, I did purchase it and although only playing a few games, I think it's the best yet. It's neither too fast or slow but it's can be very imperfect that infact it becomes perfect.

Luckily a mate of mine who is on course to be a manager, edits PES in his spare time and I was able to grab it off him. It features SK Rapid Wien and CSKA Moscow whilst I got him (well forced) to single-handedly complete the Benfica squad and do all their appearances.

As I said, I don't play PES much so I've only done two ML matches so far but as you've probably guessed, I'm Benfica again.

Planetfootball.com said:
"Due to dissapointing recent performances and increasing pressure from fans, Sport Lisboa e Benfica have opted to replace Ronald Koeman and have looked to the attacking flair that is Wayne Kettell who has success to boast of with Toulouse, Shakhtar Donestk and Zenit St Petersberg. Although critics have said that his audacious tactics will not work in the Superliga thinking that it will backfire on the newly appointed manager. Fans around the Estadio De Luz have had mixed emotions on the Englishman but the majority have said that they are willing to give him a chance."

Last edited by a moderator:

Manager Silences Sceptics With Dream Start

Anderlecht 0 - Benfica 3
Goals: Simao (2), Miccoli

With varied expectations, new Benfica manager Wayne Kettell had to impress. As figured, he opted to play a very attacking 4-4-2 with Simao and Geovanni almost playing wingers.

After a slow start it was Benfica who took the lead through Simao Sabrosa you delightfully curled home from the edge of the area, which was Robben-esque. It came to a great relief for the Englishman and it settled the team down although it didn't stop the manager from playing attacking.

Simao celebrates his first goal of the campaign

The second arrived just before the break with Miccoli slotting home after a useful one-two with veteran Nuno Gomes. The crisp finish was Fabrizio's first goal of the season after struggling to settle in with Koeman.

Simao grabbed the third in the 76' minute after Vincent Kompany only weakly cleared to the edge of the box which Simao more than happily smashed in. The convincing win has excited fans and they hope for more of the same against Sparta Prague but they lay in second place.

Two superb goals in as many minutes only brings a draw

Benfica 1 - Sparta Praha 1
Goals: Karyaka, Masutovic (Away Team)

Newly appointed Wayne Kettell's second match would bring first and second place together at the Estadio De Luz. However although the game ended in a draw, the match was entertaining to say at the least with two goals coming in the first four mintues.

Karyaka celebrating after scoring his superb volley

The decision to replace highly-rated winger Geovanni with the Russian Karyaka turned out to be a godsend for the fans. Withing the secnd a minute, great play by Simao who beat the right-back but then saw his delflect crosses loft over to the left boot of Karyaka. From 30 metres, the Russian International hammered home his volley which came of the under-side of the crossbar and into the back of the net, leaving Kouba stranded.

However they say you're most vulnerable after a goal and Sparta's Michalik play a world-class pass which slid behind the defence of Benfica to Masutovic who calmly lofted the ball over the young keeper Moreira. All in all the point is quite good for both teams as they are both evenly matched.

Goood to see you back Riot and nice stories mate ;)

@Nerf, sorry man totally forgot you're playing the xbox version! :shock:

You gonna get the ps2 version as well?

I'm absolutely loving PES5. The games are superb. I can't quite understand the people who are having issues with it. Perhaps it cramps their style of play. I am however putting together some nice passing moves at times (triangles etc) to get the ball around the pitch.
Played a couple more ML games last night - reports of which i'll post later. Anyhow, i scored a goal almost identical to Henry's against Prague (the curler with the outside of the right foot) same position and everything, with Gabonese striker Antchouet,
Funny little animation - a player fouled me and the ref called him over for a word. He picked up the ball and listened to the ref as he was booked, then nonchalantly chucked the ball over his shoulder when the ref was done. It made me chuckle.

PLF said:
@Nerf, sorry man totally forgot you're playing the xbox version! :shock:

You gonna get the ps2 version as well?
Nope. The save/load times on PS2 are painful compared to running the game off my Xbox hdd, I don't think I could go back ;)

I earned enough points last night, unlocked 6* and composition, and I'm all ready to go.

This might sound weird, but do you know what is one of my favourite new features? The untucked shirt. It's only cosmetic but it adds a little bit more individuality to each player, and somehow that makes a nice little difference.

You're right, it does look cool 8) my keeper had his untucked recently - looking very Casillas. Another very nice touch to the visual realism of the game, i say.

Professor Nutmeg said:
I'm absolutely loving PES5. The games are superb. I can't quite understand the people who are having issues with it. Perhaps it cramps their style of play. I am however putting together some nice passing moves at times (triangles etc) to get the ball around the pitch.
Played a couple more ML games last night - reports of which i'll post later. Anyhow, i scored a goal almost identical to Henry's against Prague (the curler with the outside of the right foot) same position and everything, with Gabonese striker Antchouet,
Funny little animation - a player fouled me and the ref called him over for a word. He picked up the ball and listened to the ref as he was booked, then nonchalantly chucked the ball over his shoulder when the ref was done. It made me chuckle.

hello chap

ive not played for a day now and am getting withdrawal symptoms! Do u use mode 2 for manual passing ? ive always used this, but in this particular version it seems even more free than before, esp the diagonal long balls over the top into the channels.

have u considered making a play for Eric Moulongui? The two of them could restablish their NT partnership up their in the Basque region no problem.

Hows Wesley getting on ? bet hes glad he dumped Penafiel, as they are headed straight back to the Liga De Honra.

db

Well, I finished my first season as Osasuna. I finished 6th equal on points with 7th and 8th! I drew 8 games...just couldn't score. Only scored 6 all season.

In off season I have bought some good free players. I have Messi and Diego Silva up front and Kleber playing off them. In midfield I have Zandi who was man of hte match in his first game in the new season (guess what...a 0-0 draw again).

Are these players all made up? I can't even remember where I found them. There are so many fake names in this game I don't recognise anyone but the licensed teams. Who are the teams in Div 2? I have no clue.

Master League
Wigan Athletic
5 Stars
10 Minutes

League
Div1: Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool, Newcastle, Aston Villa, Bolton, Fulham, Tottenham, Middlesbrough, Portsmouth, Birmingham, Blackburn, Charlton, Manchester City, Everton.

Div2: Wigan Athletic, West Ham, West Brom, Sunderland, Leeds United, Wolves, Rangers, Celtic.

Team & Formation

Choose to use a 4-5-1 formation, since the game will be hard, and I will be playing in a counter attacking style. I’ve got only three strikers and all of them are in the first team so I have to be careful how I use them, what’s even worst is I’ve only got one SMF that can replace either H. Camara or McCulloch…so probably I have to change formations in different matches, just hope I don’t fuck up with them.

wiganformation3xh.png

12 Pollit

16 De Zeeuw
6 Henchoz
2 Chimbonda
26 Baines

11 Kavanagh
21 Bullard
7 H. Camara
10 McCulloch
17 Francis

30 Jason Roberts

Subs: Walsh (GK), Filan (GK), Jackson (CB), E. Thome (CB), D. Wright (SB), McMillan (SB), R. Taylor (SB), Machon (DMF), Teale (SMF), Johansson (AMF), Skoko (AMF).

Finance
Rah! I’ve even sorted out a Finance department lol.

Funds: 5000
Team Salary: 9829

Hopefully I can get a few wins under my belt to get some money, otherwise I have to sell some players to improve my squad and not get a game over!

- More reports on my ML coming soon.

Last edited:

denirobob said:
hello chap

ive not played for a day now and am getting withdrawal symptoms! Do u use mode 2 for manual passing ? ive always used this, but in this particular version it seems even more free than before, esp the diagonal long balls over the top into the channels.

have u considered making a play for Eric Moulongui? The two of them could restablish their NT partnership up their in the Basque region no problem.

Hows Wesley getting on ? bet hes glad he dumped Penafiel, as they are headed straight back to the Liga De Honra.

db

Hello mate, i'm just using standard passing at the moment.
I won't be in the market for a striker this season. I'm actually considering off-loading two (Thiaw and Mena), as i have an abundance.
Wesley is getting on fine and adds a good attacking presence. However, he is behind ex-Chelsea legend :mrgreen: Quique De Lucas, in the attacking midfield pecking order, and behind Jandro in the second striker role. Nonetheless he is a vital addition to my squad and certainly features. The young Frenchman Lacen looks promising too.

PS like today's avatar ;)

Hey, do you lot know you can now put the stamina guage under the players name.

Also when playing the first match of my ML, i noticed the COM kinda changes his squad personnel...i don't know if it's me seeing things but it changes from the one you see in the Opponent Data.

Also i'm loving the new captions in the ML...looks very slick.

Stringer Bell said:
Hey, do you lot know you can now put the stamina guage under the players name.

Also when playing the first match of my ML, i noticed the COM kinda changes his squad personnel...i don't know if it's me seeing things but it changes from the one you see in the Opponent Data.

Also i'm loving the new captions in the ML...looks very slick.

Hi mate

its a nice little addition isnt it, although i must admit i like the screen to be as clear as possible (damn you Konami and your translucent options!)

are you able to get the best out of Henri Camara ? ive played a few games with Wigan and i really like the way he plays - see svery realistic - as if the player himself doesnt really know what hes gonna do next

db

denirobob said:
Hi mate

its a nice little addition isnt it, although i must admit i like the screen to be as clear as possible (damn you Konami and your translucent options!)

are you able to get the best out of Henri Camara ? ive played a few games with Wigan and i really like the way he plays - see svery realistic - as if the player himself doesnt really know what hes gonna do next

db

Yeah, i'm probably gonna sell him since i think his too good for my squad....at least it'll give me a bit off money because from the looks of my results now...it doesn't look to good!

Also IRL he should be playing for a betta team don't you think?

Also with that pitch map on the screen it doesn't really bother me because as i play on i don't really notice it...but yeah there should be an option to get rid of it completly.

After hard and long negotiations i finally decided to manage Standard de Liège in a League consisting of teams from outside the top competitions.

Div I: Celtic, Rangers, Dynamo Kiev, PSV, Feyenoord, Ajax, Benfica, Porto, Rosenborg, Besiktas, Galatasaray, Panathinaikos, Olympiakos, Anderlecht, Brugge (and a team i forgot)

Div II: Standard de Liège, AZ67, Heerenveen, FC Kopenhagen, Djurgarden, Sparta Prague, Shaktar Donetsk, Sporting Lisboa

Standard is playing a 4-2-2-2 formation (Runje - Leonard-Onyewu-Bédda-Deflandre - Assou Ekoto-Geeraerts - Walasiak-Moreira - Conçeicao-Tchité)

The first match was home against Kopenhagen and Standard was rather lucky to win 3-1. In the first half Conçeicao scored an hattrick in 6 minutes. In injury time of the second half Kopenhagen scored a more than deserved goal. The difference between both teams was less obvious than the result would suggest. In fact Kopenhagen were for large parts the better team but Standard had more shots on goal.

I play on 4 stars because, the longer i play (and i haven't played that much)the more difficult i find the game...in fact i've lost most matches i played on 4 stars. The 3-1 result was really exaggerated.

Stringer Bell, how do you put the stamina gauge under the players name...

Oh, despite the fact that it's difficult and that i have to learn to defend...i really love the game...by far the best version i've played.

Good to read stories about Alaves, Wigan and Benfica. Looking forward to news about Metz...

PS: Rosa Parks was mentioned in this thread, she died yesterday...

Milo` said:
In midfield I have Zandi who was man of hte match in his first game in the new season (guess what...a 0-0 draw again).

Zandi is handy, he's a great squad player...

Off season has finished and after a clear out of chaff from the club - mainly for financial reasons and a bit of Harry Rednapp wheeler dealering with player trades - offloading the mediocre for decent cheaper players, managed to scrape through the end of season pay out with 12 points left *phew*

SOrted out the kit sponsor, managed to underlay the text with another colour - genius.

New season has started and the boys are doing me proud. 1 draw and eight wins, yes 8! Mostly one nils, but hey who's complaining? Bobby Z popping up and doing the business and the young Brazillian full back Adanio (or sumink) has been an inspirational transfer deadline buy. Out of the cup, but as I was quoted on Meridian Today "It gives us a chance to focus on the league which is our priority. Besides next season I feel we can make a challenge for a European place".

metzprev5.jpg

Svensson vows to leave Sweden

After 3 days and nights of mounting speculation, Andres Svensson faced the press last night giving an exclusive interview to AftonBladet.

He explained how he had become sick and tired of the media circus of the Stockholm based tabloids and had accepted an offer that would give him the peace and tranquility that he had been craving.

Although a part of him felt like he was letting Elfsborg down, he knew that the challenge he was going to face in the coming months would be as nothing compared to another season of personal hell in the Allsvenskan.

Anyone playing with the default Master League team? Why is that all the new guys (Stein, Daric, Hamsun and more) have their socks up over their knees? And what do you think of the guys so far? Foqoue has proved quite useful to me, he can shoot a bit. Hamsun is pretty good at holding the ball up but he's a rubbish finisher. Castello and Huygens have terrible so far. I miss Cellini. :(

Last edited:

I like Dodo, but none of the players can hit the target more than 1 out of every 317 chances

Hey i just noticed something in the ML...when i was playing West Ham in a Cup match i noticed that they had on all their young players...then when i played them in the League they had some of their senior and better players on. Thats a pretty nice touch from Konami.

23new.gif

Liga Nacional:
Segunda Division
Round Up

Results (Day 4, Week 10)

Sporting 4 - 0 Celta Vigo
Cadiz 1 - 1 Mallorca
Getafe 0 - 2 Elche
Alavés 1 - 1 Malaga

Alavés 1
Aloisi 92'
Malaga 1
Salva 57'

Day 4 in the Segunda Division of the Liga Nacional saw Alavés at home to Malaga. The game was a very tight affair with both teams snuffing out attacks early. It wasn't unil the second half however until we saw the first goal. Wesley produced a well timed through ball to Ruben Navarro who dummied the defender and then turned to catch up with the ball as it passed him. He then stroked the ball past the keeper for his 3rd goal of the season. The lead didn't last long as Malaga replied within a minute, Salva heading from close range, from a wide cross. Malaga could have netted a winner but for Gerardo's blasted free kick hitting the cross bar. 1-1 the final score and Alavés remain top of the division on goal diference.

For video highlights of the Alavés game, brought to you by Alavés TV click here

Table After Day 4

1. Alavés 8 pts
2. Mallorca 8 pts
3. Getafe 6 pts
4. Sporting 5 pts
5. Malaga 5 pts
6. Elche 4 pts
7. Celta Vigo 4 pts
8. Cadiz 2 pts

Liga Nacional:
Segunda Division

Copa Nacional: Round 1, First Leg

Alavés 2
Bodipo 18' Antchouet 33'
Cadiz 1
Mirosaljevic 6'

The Copa Nacional kicked off in week 11 and Alavés faced bottom of the table Cadiz C.F. at home. The visitors drew first blood when Mirosaljevic scored within 6 minutes, however on a third attempt. His initial shot was well saved by Ardouin, only to fall to Matias Pavoni, whose follow up came off the post and back across the goal, to a waiting Mitosaljevic. The striker made no misteke from 2 yards out, despite Pellegrino's effort to halt the ball on the line. In a distinctly different look line up, Alavés managed an equaliser through Bodipo on 18 minutes, who calmly stroked the ball passed the keeper in the box.
On 33 minutes, man of the match Antchouet wrapped up the win with a gracefully executed finish. The ex-Belenenses striker curled the ball with the outside of his right foot around the keeper in to the far left of the net. The Gabonese striker opened his account in style at the Mendizarroza and looks to be a thrilling acquisition.

For video highlights of the Alavés game, brought to you by Alavés TV click here

Last edited:

Stringer Bell said:
Hey i just noticed something in the ML...when i was playing West Ham in a Cup match i noticed that they had on all their young players...then when i played them in the League they had some of their senior and better players on. Thats a pretty nice touch from Konami.
Might have been a coincidence :p

but if not.. that's a pretty cool touch by Konami as you said and I don't recall it being there for WE9.

@Nerf, I play the game on my PS2 hdd and the loading times don't bother me at all! ;)

anyways have fun on your xbox mate :)

Back
Top Bottom