PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The PES5 Master League Thread (Another Fine Season)

It's a classic cut in football. There's always someone (normally a south American) sporting one. Sadly i don't think Bolivar is in PES6

Also, Boloni (there's a headline there) got sacked after the Toulouse defeat, so the post is free ;)
I guess the Stade Louis II will be exactly the same. The usual squares on a diagonal, some light, some darker.

I also like the Tokyo Olympic. It's funny, but i like the feel of some stadia more than others. Perhaps it's the pitch, as you say, but some i feel as if i have more space and the ball rolls better.

Last edited:

My favourite stadium is the indoor stadium (without the athletics track round). Also love the Stade du Vélodrome, Mestella and Riazor and of course Anfield.

During my holidays in France, i read a couple of articles about Boloni in L'Equipe. L'Equipe doubted if Boloni was the right man for Monaco. They had a few interviews with Rennes players who claimed that the players were fed up with Boloni and that Rennes was successfull despite Boloni rather than because of him...
Still don't know what will be my first ML...i've played a demo of PES6 and it's nowhere as bad as people claim it to be in various threads on this forum...of course these demo's last barely five minutes (Chech Republic, Italy, Spain, Brazil or France in a fantastic new stadium) but i liked it. Most people are saying that it's too easy, well i played five halves and i never succeeded in scoring a goal (always 0-0). Lots of midfield play with barely shots on goal...and on 5 stars (so it was a beta demo because in the retail version there will be no "stars").
The demo was in the latest issue of the Belgian OPM magazine. There was also a FIFA demo and i have to admit that they are coming closer although PES is still the best game judged by the demo's (FIFA demo was longer i think, also more attractive with club teams like Barcelona, Man Utd, Werder Bremen, Lyon and a Mexican team).

i think youre right about the space thing you know mate. my other fav ground is the Yokohoma which has large gaps behind the goals and sides.

That feeling of being enclosed (sort of like when teams visited The Dell) when i go away nearly always ensures a poorer performance.

db

i used to be convinced the ball felt diffrent when it was/had been raining. i gather this side of things will be even mor eobvious in pes6

gerd said:
My favourite stadium is the indoor stadium (without the athletics track round). Also love the Stade du Vélodrome, Mestella and Riazor and of course Anfield.

During my holidays in France, i read a couple of articles about Boloni in L'Equipe. L'Equipe doubted if Boloni was the right man for Monaco. They had a few interviews with Rennes players who claimed that the players were fed up with Boloni and that Rennes was successfull despite Boloni rather than because of him...
Still don't know what will be my first ML...i've played a demo of PES6 and it's nowhere as bad as people claim it to be in various threads on this forum...of course these demo's last barely five minutes (Chech Republic, Italy, Spain, Brazil or France in a fantastic new stadium) but i liked it. Most people are saying that it's too easy, well i played five halves and i never succeeded in scoring a goal (always 0-0). Lots of midfield play with barely shots on goal...and on 5 stars (so it was a beta demo because in the retail version there will be no "stars").
The demo was in the latest issue of the Belgian OPM magazine. There was also a FIFA demo and i have to admit that they are coming closer although PES is still the best game judged by the demo's (FIFA demo was longer i think, also more attractive with club teams like Barcelona, Man Utd, Werder Bremen, Lyon and a Mexican team).

hi gerd,

what did you feel about the slower pace ?

db

Gerd, what do you mean it won't have stars? Did i miss something?

I actually like the Stade Louis II in the game. It's very original. I like a bit of space behind the goals in case i get a last minute goal and some barrier hopping ensues :)

I also like the Velodrome, Mestalla and some of the Japanese ones. I wonder what the Bernabeu pitch is like.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Gerd, what do you mean it won't have stars? Did i miss something?

I actually like the Stade Louis II in the game. It's very original.

Prof, I find it hard to believe you've missed this :nono:, but the game modes are now 'profesional', 'beginner' etc. rather than *** or ***** levels.

I can't remember the last time I played at the Stade Louis - it's one of the grounds that I've set only the club who owns it to play at. I'd actually forgotten it was in the game!

Another ML as Racing for me. I might have an alternative one purely for the PSP, depending on whether or not I can swap between the 2.

:oops: :-\" I think perhaps i had read it, but i appear to have forgotten that morsel of information.

Yeah TB, i only allocate the SL II to Monaco too. Likewise with a few other stadiums as i mentioned above.

"but the game modes are now 'profesional', 'beginner' etc."

So, which one are you boy?

Yosemite.gif

:)

Afternoon Chaps,

another development Jeff & I have been working on is a Master League portal..

http://www.proevosoccer.info/ml_portal/ml_example.html

Basically the thinking behind it is to advance the ML community that resides here. Obviously some of you already have your own websites/blogs going that detail your ML campaigns so this is just a way to centralise that.

Neither of us are suggesting that you replicate everything you write here on this site or your own (especially as i'll be updating it!), but you may wish to give an overall summary etc.. with basic facts so people can easily follow your fortunes.

Anyway we wanted to open it to the floor to gauge a reaction really....

look forward to your feedback

cheers

db

That's good. So how does it work? We send you in the info and you put it up? Do we source the pics too?

Edit: lol at my picture and Stan's :mrgreen:

hi mate

unfortuantly yes. i wish it was more hi tech e.g. you could fill in the info/pics directly yourself using a content management system via the web.

That is perefctly do-able i'm just not really technical enough to make it happen (we outsource at work to a boffin who unfortuantly charges quite abit for that sort of thing). you'd find pics too although i might have to crop em a bit if they are too large.

Obvioulsy it goes without saying this isn't meant to tread on the toes of you from doing your own site it's just a way of all of us like minded souls being linked.

You might just want very basic info on there which is absolutely fine.

db

That looks a great touch!

I presume it's not compulsory to write our reports in Latin though!?

EDIT: Can I put goals on it? (Obviously, I would need to learn how to do that first - but in future perhaps....)

Last edited:

DB that would be awesome if, as you said, we could fill in the info/pics directly using a content management system via the web.

Love the avatars though :D

db my wife tells me that your picture of me looks better than the real thing, i must say i feel flattered...Peter Ustinow is a wise old man...very flattered.

Anyway this is a great initiative...i will send you updates regularly...i would also use photographs and goals bu i haven't got a clue how to do it...a grand old inept old man...

About the gameplay of the demo...it feels weird and difficult but it never bothered me...but perhaps i'm not the most appropriate person to make a detailed analysis since i'm such a crap player...

PS: Db a question i wanted to ask a longtime, who is Jef T...does he comes regularly on this forum...or does he have anothernick over here???

nerf said:
DB that would be awesome if, as you said, we could fill in the info/pics directly using a content management system via the web.

Love the avatars though :D

its something we use at work for various clients mate,alas i just get paid for making things look pretty not the big bucks for all that databse type malarkey!

i'll look into it anyway and see if anything is feasible as it would be the ideal route

yours is just a random ascoli chap - please feel free to suggest something more appropriate

db

Stan said:
PS: Db a question i wanted to ask a longtime, who is Jef T...does he comes regularly on this forum...or does he have anothernick over here???

I've been around here for quite some time now, I was even a member of the staff for a while but I very rarely bother to post:)

Let's just say I'm known to the people who need to know me if that doesn't sound too cryptic:eh:

Love the site denirobob, I'll send you updates if necessary.

edit: At Heerenveen Alves takes the long free kicks since a few weeks;)

JeffT said:
I've been around here for quite some time now, I was even a member of the staff for a while but I very rarely bother to post:)

Let's just say I'm known to the people who need to know me if that doesn't sound too cryptic:eh:

he refuses an avatar too, prefering to remain something of an enigma ;)

PinkyBrain_1.jpg

Football Freak said:
Love the site denirobob, I'll send you updates if necessary.

edit: At Heerenveen Alves takes the long free kicks since a few weeks;)

thanks mate (thanks for the private message to) much appreciated.

all the best

db

hi mate,

thats quality, will it update each season do you think ?

Id also read something about being able to see the players when you look at the transfer list/make an offer - is this true can anyone confirm ?

db

I'm guessing/hoping it will carry on over every season, a bit like if you viewed the retired default ML plater data (at the beginning of an ML in PES5). It showed the total goals/assists etc of the player over his career.

Not sure about your other query. It could be true, as you could view the player once the negotiation had been completed/broken down.

Simone Devient L'Entraîneur de l'ASMFC

4ggq7i8.jpg

Former AC Milan and Monaco ace, Marco Simone, has been officially named AS Monaco's new boss at a press conference today. The 37 year old Italian takes charge with immediate effect, and has little time to prepare his charges for the coming season. The ex-striker's appointment has however raised morale within the principality's camp, but critics remain sceptical as to whether Simone will be able to cope in his first managerial post.

Simone's credentials will initially be tested at the "Tournoi de Monaco" at the end of October. The inaugural pre-seaon tournament hosted by the Monégasque side will feature opposition in the form of Olympiakos, Lazio and Sporting CP, in a brief knock-out style tournament. Known for his improvisation, flamboyance and magnificent goal-scoring during his playing career, the Italian will hope to forge an efficient, attack-minded squad to take on Ligue 1.

Last edited:

hello mate

nice one! my french ain't too great and initially i thought Simone the Deviant was back in town... :)

BTW - i have been looking through the new pics (on that other thread) and it looks as all the stadiums with previoulsy dodgy surfaces have been rectified. The Stade Louis looks much better.

db

I take it you saw the Bernabeu? Looks decent.

You're right mate. SL II pitch looks better :)

Lol, the deviant

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom