PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The PES5 Master League Thread (Another Fine Season)

Yeh you shouldn't have signed Quaresma really (to keep it realistic like we all want to). It really doesn't matter how great or not he is, fact is like you said it'd be a bit unlikely that he'd go to Sochaux in real life so it shouldn't have happened in game either if I were you my friend.

Benoit Cheyrou is sooner or later gonna get a move to a club even bigger than Auxerre now I feel. He's captain now (so very unlikely to be sold especially to Sochaux) and on top of that has turned out to be a really quality and complete player. I think if he avoids injuries and continues his good form, it'll probably be his last season at Auxerre and a bigger club with a good offer is gonna come forward to try to take him away.

Jeremy Mathieu is a player who left Sochaux of course to go to a more ambitious Les Violets side (Toulouse). So you bought him back?

I actually had an Italian friend whose first name was indeed Dodo. So yes :)

Dodo, The ML player, became reasonably useful for me. They come into there own from the 2nd season onwards. Stein was a little terrier, a good slide tackler.

Okay, thanks Professor Nutmeg.

The reason why i was asking is because, i was changing some of the default players names into Italian names and i was wondering if Dodo was a proper Italian name.

I didn't get the chance to play with default ML players on PES5, but PES6 i will.

-

Here's some little thing i got from some random forum:

PES6 the transfer system will be a good bit better, the computer actually tries to buy your players, and if you transfer list players, you'll get offers for them, albeit lower than they're valued usually. In PES5 the CPU barely ever tries to buy your players.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=51812070#post51812070

Yeh it is better SB.

I'm only halfway through my FIRST (believe it or not :eh: ) WE10 ML (which I guess will be more or less the same as PES6) and usually as soon as I transfer-list a player, I get offers for him.

I recently got 3 offers for each of my two transfer-listed players although they were well below his value.

There is also more options when starting ML like how frequent you want transfers to be and how difficult the level of transfers and actual game and whether of course match mode players or original etc.

So what I'm saying is before you start a ML now, it asks you several questions so you can put your own configuration.

I put everything on hardest and transfer frequency on (2*) out of 3. (Medium)

It's good news that the CPU actually buys some of th transfer listed players. In my Sochaux Ml i had a stroke of luck in my first season when i was in dire straits: Anderlecht was interested in one of my fringe players and so i had some more cash when i needed it. This was acxtually the only prosition i've had in PES5.

About Mathieu PLF, i never realised that he once played for Sochaux. So yes it would be unlikely that he would return (although i wonder if Menez is currently very happy in Monaco...).

One more thing PLF. A couple of days ago we discussed about Bernd Thijs. Today there was a feature about him in my paper. He's finally out of injury and he played a very good for Mönchengladbach last weekend. Manager heynckes was quoted saying that he considers Thijs as his "real playmaker"... good to hear...

Yeh I saw that match. It was Friday I believe. Thijs had another good performance.

Him and Polanski in center of the midfield with El Fakiri behind them playing the role of a DMF seems to work quite well against some teams.

What I especially like about their tactic is it's basically 2 CM's (NOT AMF) with one DMF and both CM's attack and defend when needed and so are contributing to the team for the whole 90 mins. (Unlike lazy attacking players who are somewhat useless when team doesn't have posession.)

Regarding Jeremy Mathieu, yeh Stan, he just left Sochaux not this summer that just passed but the one before. So 05/06 season that ended in May was actually his FIRST for Toulouse having just gone from Sochaux.

I myself was a bit disappointed when he left though. He had become an integral member of the side at a young age and was doing very well for "les Lionceaux".

I noticed they had reinstated the transfer frequency rule. When players are transfer listed they tend to go for a lot less money anyway, so that's cool. At least now we'll have the option to sell. Although it could be an easy way out to get money in the ML, which i don't really want to do.
I remember once being offered points plus Alan Smith from Man Utd :mrgreen: for one of my players.

If you have a young player, lets say 18, and you train/play him into a very good player by the age of 22, you should be able sell him for a large amount of points, depending on his stats.

Because it's a bit silly spending all that time on a young player, who becomes to good for your squad (or makes your ML unchallenging) and you want to sell him....and you only get 3285 for him with all his yellow/ red stars!).

Last edited:

Professor Nutmeg said:
I actually had an Italian friend whose first name was indeed Dodo. So yes :)

Dodo, The ML player, became reasonably useful for me. They come into there own from the 2nd season onwards. Stein was a little terrier, a good slide tackler.

:roll: I remember scoring with Stein, mind it was 1 star but it was funny since I was crossing not shooting, keeper was like Harper with Alonso's Goal. :lmao:

My team will be regardless of Age (Altered Ronaldinho to LM, like he was in World Cup, but better :lol: ):

Starting XI:
Buffon GK
Terry CB
Nesta CB
Ferreira SB
Lahm SB
Xavi DM/CM
Gerrard RM/CM/AM
Ronaldinho LM/AM/CF/SS
Kaká AM
Rooney SS/CF
Shevchenko SS/CF

Subs:
Cech GK
Puyol CB/SB
Gallas CB/SB
Thuram CB/SB
Carragher CB/SB
Xabi Alonso DM/CM
Joe Cole RM/LM/AM
Beckham CM/RM
Ballack CM/AM/LM
Cissé CF
Henry CF

Reserves:
Lucio CB
Nesta CB
Cafu RB/RM
Riise LB/LM
Pirlo DM/AM
S. Wright Phillips RM
Robben LM
Riquelme AM
Martins CF
Adriano CF

Hi all, i'm kinda new here (kept an eye on this thread but never posted) and i decided to tell ya ppl about my ML's. Usually after 2-3 seasons i get bored of a team since it becomes quite easy. Now i'm playing with Heracles Almelo, thought it would be a good challenge. Atm i'm on my first season on 6 stars, topping the table with 3 wins and a loss.

Tamerus is a beast.

He scored 5 already for me hehe, sharp finishing, and he can shield the ball and do the pivot quite easily (i play 3 upfront, so that ability is useful).

Managed promotion in my first season at Heracles, i'm at the Cup final too against Go Ahead Eagles (changed some team kits and names just to make division 2 more realistic). Tamerus finished top scorer of the league with 11 goals. Guess i'm the only one still playing PES5 around here? lol

Nope, still playing with Sochaux.
Currently in my third season and top of the table...

Cool, Go Ahead Eagles (Marc Overmars started his career there) are u Dutch Grunge?

btw, i love Dodo, he once scored a stunning leftfooted curler for me, couldnt believe my eyes :D

hi every one im kinda new here beacuae i havent really posted before as i normally go on pesfan but hey!

Not dutch, but i used to play the CM series so i know those "underground" teams hehe. Managed to beat them for the Cup, 2-1 with a last minute winner from Tamerus. Signed Arango, Salcido, Restrepo and an australian SMF that i cant remember the name now. Guess that'll be enough to avoid the drop.

Big Boss said:
btw, i love Dodo, he once scored a stunning leftfooted curler for me, couldnt believe my eyes :D

I have a terrific goal by Dodo (from my AEL ML) on my memory card. A great "postage stamp" goal from outside the area, beating Kameni of Espanyol. It has some nice dip on it. Probably one of the best goals i've scored with a default ML player.

6x220x175x1,property=original.jpg

LIFE THROUGH A LINZ

Boavista youngster Roland Linz has issued a come and get me plea which is sure to have alerted a number of chairmen across Europe.

Several La Liga sides including Sociedad, Espanyol and Mallorca are thought to be interested in the fresh faced Austrian hitman, who has hit a rich vein of form since his move from FK last year, where he finished the leagues top marksman.

"I love life in Porto, but I need to be trying my luck against higher class defenders" he said. "It's all very well knocking in a few against Aves, Beira Mar or Nacional. But I've got to see if I can cut the mustard at a higher level and enhance my position in the national team".

The Spanish trio could all face stiff opposition from Bundesliga outfits Wolfsburg and Mainz who are keen to bring him back closer to home, although President Joao Loureiro is looking for a figure around the 3 to 4 million euro mark, which could well place the player out of reach of the Germans.

Last edited:

Bright start at the Eredivisie, 1-0 away against Roda JC. Tamerus got his first of the season, converting the penalty he suffered on minute 73.

¡Arriva "El Profesor"!

Professor Nutmeg has sealed a sensational return to the Iberian peninsula, taking the reigns at Andalusian club Recreativo de Huelva. "El Profesor" as he's referred to in Spain, is well known for establishing former club Deportivo Alavés as a mainstay of the top tier, as well as guiding the Basque minnows into several European campaigns. For Recre fans, the season can't come soon enough. "El Decano" is back amongst the elite.

Link

Good luck Prof...
Nice site as ever (i wish i was able to do that, but this dinosaur goes to themoon like Jules Verne, with a canon..).

Apart from Sinama Pongolle i can't say that i know a single player of your squad, but then again i don't have the time to follow other competitions (apart from the premiership that is...). I was convinced that Portillo (who played for Brugge last season) was playing for Recreativo, but i must have mixed them up with another freshly promoted Spanish team...

I'm looking forward to the new PES (i will buy the PS2 version and will buy the Playstation 3 i think, although until the news about the actual XBOX 360 PES6 i was tempted by that last console). Problem is, with which will i play ML???? Atalanta, Zaragoza, Losc...
One thing is for sure, i will play a lot of PES6 ML because having a PSP i can devote more time to my ML (the wife and two kids are monopolising the television, that's married life for you....Tery Butcher fan ssems to be hugely interested in the PSP version too....same problem i guess).

i will stop now: this is way off-topic...

Hey Stan, Yeah Portillo is at Gimnastic de Tarragon. You might know Javi Guerrero (Racing S), Pablo Amo (Depor) and Beto (Bordeaux).

Huelva have a great history. Supposedly the place where Football came to Spain.

Go for Atalanta ;)

I'm also looking forward to PES6, but i will miss some players from 5. I wish you could import teams and players (if you had the space). It doesn't seem quite right creating a player (particularly as they end up being substantially more expensive in an ML for some bizarre reason).

Last edited:

Professor Nutmeg said:
Hey Stan, Yeah Portillo is at Gimnastic de Tarragon. You might know Javi Guerrero (Racing S), Pablo Amo (Depor) and Beto (Bordeaux).

Huelva have a great history. Supposedly the place where Football came to Spain.

Go for Atalanta ;)

I'm also looking forward to PES6, but i will miss some players from 5. I wish you could import teams and players (if you had the space). It doesn't seem quite right creating a player (particularly as they end up being substantially more expensive in an ML for some bizarre reason).

Hi mate

nice choice & nice site! They've also got Cazorla on loan from Villarreal Gerd who has been doing well and last seasons top segunda scorer Uche (currently injured i think)

Funnily enough im going to Barcelona at the end of the month (stag do) and we've got tickets for Barca/Recreativo... hopefully wont be sitting up in the gods!

db

Enjoy that match Db...

Back
Top Bottom