PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The PES5 Master League Thread (Another Fine Season)

denirobob said:
Do you have to reveal all my sources ??!?!

;)
lol

He used to play for Nice two seasons ago, do you know what happened to him there?

-

Nice site Professor Nutmeg!

denirobob said:
Hi mate

nice choice & nice site! They've also got Cazorla on loan from Villarreal Gerd who has been doing well and last seasons top segunda scorer Uche (currently injured i think)

Funnily enough im going to Barcelona at the end of the month (stag do) and we've got tickets for Barca/Recreativo... hopefully wont be sitting up in the gods!

db

Yeah, Uche looks useful. The back-flipping Nigerian surely looks like a contender to lead my Recre line.

Enjoy the game Db. Let's hope for an upset, ay ;)

Recre To Play "Tournoi de Monaco"

monte_carlo_louis_2_2.jpg

Recreativo de Huelva have been invited to play a pre-season tournament in Monaco, France, at the end of October. The "Tournoi de Monaco" is hosted by Ligue 1 outfit AS Monaco and consists of four club teams playing a brief knock-out style tournament. In this, the inaugural year of the tournoi, the invited clubs joining the hosts in the south of France will be Recreativo de Huelva, Lazio, and Olympiakos. The draw will be announced closer to the time.

A spokesman for Recreativo told the club website: "We are delighted to be playing in this tournament. It will serve as great test prior to the new season kick-off and we are very grateful to AS Monaco for inviting us."

Last edited:

Few games after the break for negotiation and things are looking good for Heracles. Signings for the season (pre-season and mid-season):

Pre-season:

Juan Arango - Free
Salcido - Free
Restrepo - Free
Elrich - Free

Mid-season:

Olfers - Free
Mario Melchiot - Free
Pazzini - from Vitesse, 7500 points (yea, what the hell he was doing there i dont know, but well, considering my league position and that Vitesse was on 2nd division, in the matter of fact it's a realistic transfer)

Tamerus is my top scorer with some 7-8 goals, he usually comes in from the bench now, after Pazzini's signing. Pazzini bagged 4 in 4. At the moment, Heracles find themselves sitting on top of the league, two points ahead of PSV and nearly ten ahead of 3rd placed Ajax. Also, i'm on the semis at the Cup.

Current line-up (left to right):

---------------------Pieckenhagen/VanLoo--------------------
Melchiot/Klavan---Olfers/Wuytens-Salcido------Jansen/Reevers
------------------------------------------------------------
------------------DeVries/Zonqi*-Restrepo/Maas--------------
------------------------Arango------------------------------
Quansah/Sluijter------Pazzini/Tamerus---------Elrich/Quansah

*Zonqi is a chinese player i've signed in the first season. Of course, players with bars alongside their names means rotation, so if the starter is tired (starters are on the left part) i'll bring on his immediate sub. On attack if Elrich is tired i change Quansah to the RWF and bring on Sluijter for the LMF. Sometimes i put Calincov there. Tranfer targets for next season are good wingers and Anderson, brazilian starlet playing for NEC at the moment (gave me a torrid time even tho i beat them 4-0 away).

Heracles extends gap to 4 points

Heracles maintained their top position after a away victory by minimal diference against ADO den Haag. Italian hitman Pazzini scored the only goal of the game at the 30th minute on the first half, after a well struck indirect free-kick. PSV drew with Heerenveen 2-2, at home.

Coach Leandro Carlos was pleased with the win, however, he fears losing striker Pazzini in the off-season. The player has attracted interest of many Italian sides and dutch giants PSV Eindhoven, following a nice start to his Eredivisie career, netting 5 goals in 5 matches.

Heracles will play against Sparta next weekend, at home.

Pazzini too good for Eredivisie?

Italian hitman scoring against Groningen

Italian born striker Gianpaolo Pazzini scored 4 times in Heracles 5-1 win over FC Groningen last sunday afternoon. The black and white squad bounced back from the elimination at the Cup semifinals against ADO Den Haag, losing 3-2 on aggregate. Despite the dissapointment from midweek, Heracles Almelo managed it's 10th consecutive win, an amazing run that saw them escape from the rest of the bunch, now with a 9 point lead over 2nd placed PSV.

The run comes since the re-start after the negotiation break, with the results as following:

Heracles 2-1 Roda JC
NEC Nijmegen 0-4 Heracles
RKC Waalwijk 0-2 Heracles
Heracles 2-0 FC Twente
ADO Den Haag 0-1 Heracles
Heracles 1-0 Sparta Rotterdam
Feyenoord 0-1 Heracles
Heracles 1-0 FC Utrecht
Willem II 0-3 Heracles
Heracles 5-1 FC Groningen

Pazzini netted 13 in 10 games. However, interest is growing bigger, and whether the player is staying put is unknown. The Italian goal-boy is set to make a pronouncement when the season ends.

I came across my old Alavés ML on a memory card the other day. Oh the memories :)

I found this in the photo album, a shot of 'Quique' De Lucas with the Div 1 Cup.

foto_152681_CAS.jpg

:D

Game tried to "Game over" me the other night.... season 14, trying to sign players in the closed season tons of "stupid" wen points, offering silly money and no one would come... even players who were supposedly open to negotiations.... so with two weeks to go I went for about six players, most I'd tried to get two or three times before... low and behold they all came!!! leaving me skint by about four hundred points... I had to put a load of players up for sale.
The only player the comp made an offer for was my top striker not on the market at the time and offering sod all money... but I had to sell or GAME OVER... It jizzed me out of my top striker, to make matters worse two of the players I signed were long term injured one out for 16 weeks!!

This happened to anyone else?

The same thing happened to me sort of - having lost the UEFA Cup final, I decided to spend big in the summer and try and push Racing into the higher echelons of Spanish football. Sadly, I got my maths wrong (by about 10 PES) and with no friendlies to play and no one interested in my players, I limped my way to GAME OVER.

I was absolutely gutted.

I did think maybe I could release a player and despite the amount I'd have to pay him, my wage bill would drop enough for me to be safe but I didn't have the bottle to try it out.

I always use the estimated earnings button now!

It happened to me in my first PES5 ML with Standard, i had spent too much after on transfers after my second season. Put z few players on the transfer list but i did not help...GAME OVER..

Hi fellas,

Hope you won't mind me partaking in a little self promotion ;)

Jeff & I have been working on a PES6 update to last years PES5 website. We are both hoping that it will prove to be a useful resource for your ML's. Anyway let us know what you think and of course any corrections/suggestions will be met with either...

a) stony silence
b) a slap up meal
c) none of the above

http://www.proevosoccer.info

cheers

db

Looks great Mr Deniro.

A couple of small suggestions for Racing.

Moraton would play instead of Alfaro if fit (Moraton is out for 6 months)
Munitis plays more as a WF than a SMF
Alvarez missed a penalty against Celta a couple of weeks ago and Melo has now taken over responsibilities.

Other than that, spot on!

T Butcher fan said:
Looks great Mr Deniro.

A couple of small suggestions for Racing.

Moraton would play instead of Alfaro if fit (Moraton is out for 6 months)
Munitis plays more as a WF than a SMF
Alvarez missed a penalty against Celta a couple of weeks ago and Melo has now taken over responsibilities.

Other than that, spot on!

Hello TB

many thanks for that great info mate, any more and you'll be getting a name check too!

db

Well, luckily for you ;), I only know one other team (Chelsea) and I think you've done a pretty good job on them considering the giant squad of players you have to choose from.

Perhaps I'd say Lampard on the right and Essien playing purely as a CMF but really they switch around so much in a game, it's impossible to be definitve.

I didn't spend much time on this in PES5, but if I set up the opposition teams as per your website, will they definitely play like this in the ML? I will have to do a bit of testing, but I would like teams to go at me like I do at them.

Sadly they won't guys :(

It's the same every year. The best thing you can do, is edit the positions and the players' posistions and hope the com matches them up. eg for a 3 man Chelsea midfield set a DMF position a CMF position and an AMF position. Go to the Chelsea squad and make sure Makelele is only a DMF, Essien is a CMF (at least as his first choice position) and Lampard is an AMF. The com should pick these players in these positions (possibly it might pick Ballack).
This is pretty useful when organising attackers WFs SSs CFs etc

However, we've seen that the com rotates the squad anyway, so you have to allow for a bit of that.

denirobob said:
Hi fellas,

Hope you won't mind me partaking in a little self promotion ;)

Jeff & I have been working on a PES6 update to last years PES5 website. We are both hoping that it will prove to be a useful resource for your ML's. Anyway let us know what you think and of course any corrections/suggestions will be met with either...

a) stony silence
b) a slap up meal
c) none of the above

http://www.proevosoccer.info

cheers

db
Thats a brilliant site mate!

I managed to see it before you posted it up here, can't remember how, but i remember seing it last Wednesday.

If it's not to much maybe player profiles, when you click a certain players name, with PLF stat updates with it (if he post some up).

Peace.

Last edited:

Db, i'm not sure if you got my second PM on Standard, some strange things happened with PM's the last days or else i'm just plain stupid...

Anyway, Standard ha s a "new" attacker: 31 year old French Congolese Ali Lukunku (player without a club).

Their best starting line-up:

GK: Renard

LB: Areais (Por)
CB: Sarr (Sen)
CB: Onyewu (USA)
RB: Dupré (Bel)

DMF: Fellaini (Bel)
DMF: Geeraerts (Bel)
LMF: Rapaic (Croa)
RMF: Conceiçao (Por)

AMF: Dufour (Bel)

FW: De Camargo (Bra)

Hope this helps...

Nice site...

Last edited:

Hi gerd,

thanks mate. i couldnt get on here at all yesterday but i'll do my best to put your info in later on today.

TB, i saw you made a point in another thread about smaller stadiums. I couldn't agree more mate, more 5-15,000 type venues (even if generic) would be very useful.

do you ensure your ML side is the only one to play at your ground btw? i find this ensures a bit more of a realistic edge and gives that proper home/away feel.

db

Oh, Absolutely - Trouble is Racing would normally be best suited to the smallest ground (can't remember the name) but then there are loads of other teams that suit it too - at the moment I put Racing in the Kashima stadium because it looks at least a little bit like it.

I always try to keep famous places like the San Siro, Stamford Bridge or the ArenA purely for the clubs that play there so that if you get into Europe, you will be playing those places for the first time - then I spread the rest of the grounds out and make sure that only a couple of the teams in my ML play at the same ground. Trouble is, sometimes you're playing Vicenza or Getafe in a 90,000 stadium - hence the need for more small grounds in my opinion.

Besides, most new big grounds look identical to each other anyway. Not much in the way of charm.....

Stringer Bell said:
Thats a brilliant site mate!

I managed to see it before you posted it up here, can't remember how, but i remember seing it last Wednesday.

If it's not to much maybe player profiles, when you click a certain players name, with PLF stat updates with it (if he post some up).

Peace.

hi mate,

thanks.

that might be an option for those players that need creating - well basic info & a pic anyway

Obviously once the jan window opens then we'll be updating it with all the transfers, which will prob keep me fairly occupied!

Please feel free to find any errors you can :)

db

Hello all. Not long to go now ;) Time for a new thread soon.

I reckon i may start my PES6 ML with Monaco now. I was close to doing it in PES5 and i still feel the need, especially that Ligue 1 is licensed now.
I like having my own stadium too. As you mentioned Db, it's nice to get that "home" feeling.

but really, i think Bolivar's barnet swung it for me :mrgreen:

5_169.JPG

Db, which stadium will you allocate your Espanyol, the Tokyo Olympic stadium?

Last edited:

bloody hell but that looks like Walter Casagrande!!!

casagrande_ieri.jpg

Hi mate, nice idea. Despite the decent personnel they are really struggling arent they.

yeah i reckon that'd work pretty well for the Montijuic. its actually one of my favourite grounds in pro evo actually, possibly because of the decent looking pitch.

whats the Stade Luis II surface going to be like ?

db

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom