PES 5 Beta previews

Re: PES 5 Beta preview (first post updated!)

Notty said:
I would like to ask you 2 very important questions Riot...

1- Maldini stills with Right Foot?

If it is right foot just go to edit mode and put it as left!

Was that the most important question?

Lets just hope ML is better as i didnt paly it on WE8LE

the wide cam should be the default cam and i fully agree with the aussie wefanboy:
slowdown on wide came did screw up the we8 series, so hope the gamespeed will be much slower and the framerate much higher...and stable (and NO this last statement ISN'T a contradiction in terminus)

EDIT :

Well, on the slowdown question, Riot tells us this

"The code I played was not finished, but it did have 50/60hz option and in 50hz there was NO slowdown and in 60Hz, in four matches, there was *very* little slowdown during one corner kick. Not nearly as evident as in WE8LE, where I tghought the slowdown wasn't bad either. Like when you take goal kicks in PES5, the camera moves smoothly and slow/jerkily like in PES4/WE8LE."

Sounds good, but it doesn't say on which cam he playes. On the other hand, he only expierenced very little slowdown with corners, but NOT when the cam is behind the keeper for a goalkick. In my opinion this meens that they solved the frameratedrop problem, because the cam behind the goalies implies the most detail, so if there is no frameratedrop, the game will - i suppose - overall more fluid then we8... let's hope.

Dead Man said:
Notty said:
I would like to ask you 2 very important questions Riot...

1- Maldini stills with Right Foot?

If it is right foot just go to edit mode and put it as left!

Was that the most important question?

Lets just hope ML is better as i didnt paly it on WE8LE

Yes.. right.. but.. I just wanted to know how far konami could go with their stupid database :) Anyway, gameplay rocks :)

Can't wait to see how much Lampard, Robben, Ibrahimovic and others players'stats are increased!

It'll be good to see Julio Arca in the game - often signed him in management games myself. I hope his stats aren't too crazy/good though (you know me, well some of you)
It would be nice if Nokami could release a PES in which, as an experienced PES player, you actually felt the need to buy players with really good stats to get results. Or i suppose reduce them, which is why i quite liked "WE6 J-League."

Why do so many people call Konami, Nokami?
Is it a typo or something?

RuneEdge said:
Because the first few ISS\PES's were FULL of names like "Shoarer" instead of Shearer and e.g. "Heckbam" instead of Beckham, and (in the eyes of many) they couldn't be bothered buying the licenses to fix this, despite selling millions and millions. So a few "couldn't be bothered" to call them Konami. :mrgreen:

Hey I don't know if this has been posted before........

Originally Posted by LFCUK2K
Gameplay – Pro Evo 5 is slightly slower than PES4, which I think drastically improves the game In the aspect of realism which is basically what Pro Evo’s are known worldwide for. But once again KONAMI have found a way to improve gameplay, the player move much more freely, although from what I played there is still only a few ways that your player can run(the usual D-PAD shit).

Graphics – The Pro Evo 5 graphics are not much to comment on really, basically there just the same as pro evo 4(as expected). Although many more players look very realistic in the ways they look, now players haven’t all got the same muscle build in there legs etc. Pitches have been vastly improved and are now looking good. That’s it for graphic improvements really.

The Game – The game it self is more enjoyable than Pro Evo 4, the few games that I played were not hampered by the computer ‘cheating’ me out of victory, unfortunately I did not get to have a look in the PES shop which I was looking forward to doing. The menus look plain and basic, as it is only a beta version although a bonus is the music, which may I add has been improved very well, although It isn’t real bands etc, its still made up shit(I think). The in game sound has been improved slightly, the crowd do scream when you hit the post etc.

Referees – The ref’s where more intelligent with the advantage rule and used it wisely, they didn’t make MANY stupid decisions but as expected there we a few, also I saw no Collina on ref selection.

The Commentators – The commentators still basically suck ass, stupid comments and they also sound cheesy(I hope the commentators are changed in time for the real game) although they do try to keep up with the play this time .

My Experience & Matches – As RIOT has already stated it is very satisfactory that players with a powerful shot can now shoot from long ranges, some players look so like themselves for example, Hyypia, Carragher, Terry.
My Matches

Liverpool 0 – 1 Chelsea – I chose to be my hero’s Liverpool and now I can say some of the players are
over rated for example, Carragher, Garcia. But I had to get to grips with the new pace of the game. I went down 0-1 to a Robben run and cross which met the head of Drogba and Dudek had no chance I thought maybe 5* was too high to start with. Once I got to grips with the new game I took they match by the throat but despite me having a lot of the possession I couldn’t carve out a single god damn chance. This resulted in the end score being 0-1.

Arsenal 1 – 2 Barcelona – Before I tell you about this match I just want to say how happy I was to see a licensed English Club VS a licensed foreign club, it was soooooo satisfying. Now this match was a lot more even, I received the ball after Pires slid through a terrific through ball which shred open the Barca defence and Henry’s pace helped him run past 2 defenders before sliding a placed shot underneath the helpless keeper. Then the after the interval Ronaldinho picked the ball up from the half way line and dribbled past 6, on his way he kept stopping and turning, doing step-overs, flicks and loads of shit and he was untouchable, then he simply passed to eto’o who rounded Lemmon(Lehmann) and slotted the ball into an empty net. Once again Ronaldinho took control over the ball, (I swear he uses a Velcro ball and boots) he ran into the box and I decided to see what happens when you bring the keeper out, so out came dodgy Lehmann and nearly snapped Ronnys leg, which resulted in a peno and a booking, so Larsson coolly stepped up to send Lehman the wrong way and it hit the net. I was gutted to say the least.

Real Madrid 3 – 0 Bayer Leverkusen – I decided to pick Madrid for this match, do to me being good with them on pes4. And what a good choice it was, this match was one sided, I had 14 shots and 7 on target and I had 61% possession. My first goal was a peach of an effort from Raul, as Beckham crossed Butt came out to claim it and missed so he rushed back into his goal, as it was rolling out to the left wing carlos raced up crossed and was met by a sublime volley from Raul which smashed the post and flew in. For my third goal Figo took on two defenders then passed to ronaldo he then laid it off for Zidane and he made no mistake in leaving the keeper stranded as he released a thunder bolt into the bottom left hand corner. For my third it was pure luck, I had just won a corner, so I crossed it as you do and then Woodgate had his back turned and I was stunned when I watched the ball hit him on the back of the head and trickle across the goal line.

So all in all I had a great couple of hours and will definitely be getting the complete version, I will also be playing the game some time next week, so I will be getting up some pictures(in game only). My experience will never be forgotten and I have made a couple of new mates

And This....

Originally Posted by KAiWAi
Another japanese fan play the WE9 demo :
The edit mode envolved. Now, the shirts are seperate in 5 parts : the neck, the sleeve, the shoulder, the chest, the stripes & details. You can combine them and use now 5 different colours !! There is now new type of fonts for the numbers and the names of players (on the back of the shirt). There is new colours. You can choose them with a new RGB-colours palette. There is new spikes : Red and golden F-50, Adidas silver, white&blue,...

(sorry for my bad english)

RuneEdge said:

I have to say i started doing it a long time ago, for one simple reason: Unlicensed names (Rivoldi etc). Until they get all the names licensed, i refer to them as Nokami (in relation to PES that is, not MGS etc) :)

Last edited:

No one have really told us anything USEFULL about the gameplay yet...

I want stats!!! aaaaaaaaaaa

B-Freak said:
the few games that I played were not hampered by the computer ‘cheating’ me out of victory

Playing a few quick friendlies, the true horror of cpu cheating will not transpire. I can guarantee that a few games into a ML or tournament, the cheating will re-emerge in it's now familiar gory detail.

LeBroN said:
I want stats!!! aaaaaaaaaaa

Please read my original posting. No questions about stats here. Thanks!

Last edited:

Cheating hopefully wont be part of PES5's agenda and lets hope the little tweaks make a big difference :) still not expecting anything Commentary wise though.

DJ

Have these people got a copy of the game or do they have to go somewhere to play it, meaning that they cant go back and check certain things?

Stringer Bell said:
I'm a bit dissapointed that ML hasn't been given a big improvement.

I don´t really think that Riot had engouh time to properly play ML and see how it really is! ;) And don´t forget it´s just a BETA version... I´ve played PES 3 BETA and it was so different from PES 3.

Notty said:
And don´t forget it´s just a BETA version... I´ve played PES 3 BETA and it was so different from PES 3.
It wasn't that different. ;)
Actually, it was virtually the same.............

I keep asking this, and nobody ever responds, but does anyone here have any idea how laggy pes5 is to play over a net connection?

One of the guys I was speaking to who was about to play the beta version told me he thought he was only going to be playing it online, so I'm thinking some people might know. Lag totally destroyed PES4 online, so I think this is a REALLY important issue for many people.

aaarrrggh said:
I keep asking this, and nobody ever responds, but does anyone here have any idea how laggy pes5 is to play over a net connection?

One of the guys I was speaking to who was about to play the beta version told me he thought he was only going to be playing it online, so I'm thinking some people might know. Lag totally destroyed PES4 online, so I think this is a REALLY important issue for many people.

As far as I know, nobody has had the chance playing it online yet.

i wish they could remove the cheats...that'd be amazing, im tired of the ball always landing on the cpu players feet, or having my players limp, or not being able to move them properly so that the cpu can get the ball...

since i didn't play WE8LE im not sure how many of this things were fixed, i remember reading the super cancel mode didn't exist so i guess this fixes a lot of problems with moving the players

I still don't think that was cheating, just poor AI making the player run slow for no apparent reason, or making them stop and start again when they should be controlling it. The new control stuff should eradicate 'limping' and sluggish defenders. They've also made a big thing about the AI this time around. While the nearly next-gen business was obviously marketing bull, I do think/reckon from previews/pray that they've decided to massively upgrade the AI to remove the blatant scripted nature of the CPU, and this limping nonsense we've had to endure should be obliterated.

Fingers crossed!

Wide mode sucks, i play in Normal close and i depend on the map, much more fun!

Riot said:
I played in (of course, is there any other good view?) Wide mode.

wow and then -almost- NO slowdown... only this sound great allready

Back
Top Bottom