PES 5 Beta previews

Re: PES 5 Beta preview (first post updated!)

plumbers_x said:
Sounds like it's just gonna be WE8LE with minor tweaks....what a shame...roll on WE10.
This is what I was saying a long time ago but people here called me a fool for judging so early.
Who's the fool now?
I'm teling you, this game will only be a slight improvement. Its same case with nearly EVERY game for the past 2/3 years, not just the PES/WE series.

You're 100% right, but at the same time I can't play WE8 after WE8LE, I couldn't play WE7 after WE7FE, etc... The little changes make it closer to perfection, and it's mostly gameplay changes, which absolutely rule. The little changes make a world of difference.

I have Club Football lol and for the last time, it has all premiership team kits.

Noted said:
I have Club Football lol and for the last time, it has all premiership team kits.

You have it? not something to confess to mate ;) lol

well guess that clears it up then.

Re: PES 5 Beta preview

Riot said:
Here we go guys!!! Sorry to keep ya'll waiting. I've posted this at our website at
http://www.pelaajalehti.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=82331#82331 .Scroll to the bottom!

To be honest, I posted it there now so we'd get some props for scooping this, but I if course cannot stop you from spreading the information.

Sorry for the delay and also for that fact that there's quite a bit of information I'm not allowed to tell. Come to think of it, there IS quite a bit of new features in PES5 after all.

in the evening tampere win with lazio :D

Adonis said:
Its more of a conference really. Im not sure if it called 'PlayStation Festival'.

Not too sure if its just Sony showing off more details on PS3, but time will tell.

Also regarding riot very briefly touching on PES/WE on next machines, I was chatting to Konami's PR company and they said that they have big announcements in this years TGS. All she said was 'Metal Gear 4 will feature prominantly, aswell as a few other well known franchises. All on next gen machines'

You thinking what Im thinking ;)

it's the "Sony's big Japanese PlayStation strategy briefing"

ooh_harry said:
Hey Riot, when Im playing the PES5 demo, is it just me or is the pitch actually bigger??? so much more freedom ^^

you got it too? for real?

I have a feeling the new option will be something useless like using the EyeToy to put your face in the game or something.

thanks Riot for the nice little review/preview. i'm am looking forward to PES5 more than WE9.

That was a big preview but didnt say that much really... better than nothing i guess

RuneEdge said:
I'm telling you, this game will only be a slight improvement. Its same case with nearly EVERY game for the past 2/3 years, not just the PES/WE series.

If it is only a tweaked WE8LE (and to be honest it sounds like there are a lot of improvements in the gameplay), and all games have been the same for the past 3 years, why have you been acting so let down by that possibility? Are you surprised? No, you've had three years to get used to it. If you buy 2 or three versions of a game per year, don't act like someone's put a lemon in your burger when it turns out that the size of the improvements from one to the next are minor. Compare WE9 to WE8, or PES4 to PES5, or WE8Int to WE9Int. Don't compare the two nearest editions, that's ludicrous.

well play we7int and then we8 .. there is a huge difference; anyhow it's not just a tweaked follow up.. so i expect a new game now again.

Hmmm.. he said he won't be answering random questions here so I really don't know if posting this here will have any results but I wish he'd answer whether you can edit stats now in Edit mode and have it take effect in ML or if its like we8/pes4/LE

This is quite a big issue of course and it was because of this that we had to go through all that trouble of making a PARA and putting in ISO and burning again not to mention in first months there isn't tools to convert to Para and so harder to get the game going like how you want it. I hope it's removed but actually think it's probably just like WE8/PES4/LE regarding this.

Riot said there are new national teams in the game including Costa Rica, Ecuador, Tunisia and Chile... i thought these teams are already in pes4

this sucks, no ML improvements like the ability to change teams as a manager....

sisson735 said:
Riot said there are new national teams in the game including Costa Rica, Ecuador, Tunisia and Chile... i thought these teams are already in pes4

Yes lol

it's just the beta ;)

j4y3m said:
Yeah it is, but developers usually add big features like that first.

It's the press version, with WE8LE menu and WE9 gameplay, no big addition on this version, just few little, and the gameplay at 80% of the final version.

I’ve summarised what Riot said (I hope he doesn’t mind) and I’ve rephrased and outlined the new features for the new game. Enjoy reading!

Main menu looks different but ML menu looks very similar to the ones in PES4 (but he only played one ML game so he could be mistaken).

Game play feels noticeably different.

The version of PES5 that Riot tried out was the first one (so it’ll undoubtedly be improved a touch more).

There's a very funky option in the option screen but he's unfortunately not allowed to mention it (I wonder what that is, it’s obviously something very cool).

The team emblems are bigger and thus it's easier to make out the team by look at it instead of having to read it.

Transferring players is a tad easier.

There's new stuff in the edit mode, "Neck-warmer things" (polo neck shirt below the football shirt possibly?) as well as bracelets (you can probably make it look like a wristband). There's also a different mode for editing boots (so you can possibly be more thorough when trying to edit other boots?) but only the adidas models are available from the real ones.

There's a new special skill ability which some players have and it's called "Middle shot (not sure on the name)" which evidently sounds like an extremely cool feature and players who often score belters from outside the area seem to have it.

The ball is heavier and it travels way better apparently.

Judging by the few games he played, the goalies seem to have been improved and they weren't getting up to their uncanny antics like in the previous version.

Heading has been improved for both attackers and defenders and they've now made it seem as though (telling by the animations) the players are getting their body weight behind the ball.

The pace of the game seemed slower to him (thank god, I was hoping for that).

There's much more contact between players and you can unrest them without needing to press the X button, however, some players remain strong, some have a good balance, or some just spin away.

The skilful players do different dribbles (not the only good old side step that they constantly do in PES4) and when controlling players, it seems as though you can replicate what you really want to do.

There are more animations for shorter passes.

The computer plays intelligently. They are quite happy just too keep hold of the ball, and they spray it around cleverly. (There's no emphasis for them to attack the goal every time they get the ball, they're pretty content to play how they want to, is that what he means?)

Ball bounces a bit too much for his liking.

Goalies have new animations and in his opinion they're better than how they are in WE8LE.

There's an option which you can enable to see how tired a player is and you can make it appear below a player’s name.

Throw-in has been improved, the long throw's don't take as long as they do in WE8LE (are the WE8LE throwing technique the same as in PES3?).

There an excellent new feature, and I gotta say, it sounds very promising to me as well. The feature has to do with the option file. It keeps all your stats from previous games and it basically shows you how good you're doing in one area and how bad you're doing in another area compared to your mates.

sisson735 said:

Actually those teams were in Winning eleven 3 haha

WE8LE was a crock of sh*t. Worst game in the entire series. Takes the concept of scripted gameplay to beyond what I thought any games developer would have the audacity to try.

WE9...oooh, I'm so excited...NOT!!

Time to turn off the life-support machine for this now decrepit, scripted mess of a game. Bring on the next gen, breathe some badly needed new life into this corpse.

The very idea that WE9 is a "new" game is laughable.

jokine216 said:
That interview was made December, 2004, so it's kinda old. And there's nothing about PES5/WE9.

I know this interview is old! This is not the point!
Riot said that there is a new feature in the option wich is "very funky" but he cannot mention.
BUT... he also says that this feature was mentioned by Seabass in an old interview of fall 2004.

If we could decipher this interview, we would have a hint on what this feature is:

http://www.pelaajalehti.fi/featuret/04_1218_shingo.php

Someone mentioned that we could use the eye-toy...why not...

Back
Top Bottom