PES 5 Beta previews

Re: PES 5 Beta preview (first post updated!)

Riot can you give us the names of the new playable national teams?

Pleeeeease mate.

Am I the only one who plays these games with camera "behind" the players? If you know what I mean..

:)

All my m8s are playing on normal long mode. Also all tournaments in HOlland are played in normal long camera mode :)

I know im probably the only one who plays the old we5-we7int default view.. i think its called Normal Middle view...

its one stage closer than the default veiw on we8-we8LE..

I know this question probably wont be answered.. but how are the views in we9/pes5... im hoping they make a veiw between default w8le and the slightly closer... as in we7int.

have any of u beta testers experimented with the views.. are they different from we8LE.. i certainly hope so.

So it appears the mostly:

UK = wide
Holland = def-long
France = broadcasting.

From what I've read and heard.
Interesting.

egypt = normal close :D

Fantastic news about the slowdown. Just seen new pics of WE9 in that thread, it all looks so believable, everyone seems to be doing the right animation..

i just never quite got how anyone can play this game decently in any other option than wide (and this years wide sucks). It's the only camera mode that really allows tactical view of what's going on without using the ridiculous and unrealistic "radar". I guess that ppl that play on closer views bet a bit more on individual skills rather than teamplay and circulation.

Of course the radar is unrealistic. However, so is seeing anything other than a first person view from whichever player you control. I think the radar is perfectly valid, and still use it when i play in wide mode, since if you're looking to play a crossfield pass there's no way of knowing who would get on the end of it without something to counteract the limitations of a TV style camera.

Hi guys, i'm from the UK and everyone I know uses Normal Long or the default WE8LE view. And thats around 20 people - not including their friends.
I guess it all depends on what you've been using from way back when........

I've always used broadcast view... The players get so small in wide. Feels like I'm playing from a helicopter. I use the radar a lot but can't say I'm "tactical". I prefer dribbling my opponent on his ass rather than outplaying him. Since this approach is quite hard vs the computer I never play without my mates.

I'm so looking forward to pes 5. Finally the keeper can throw long balls like Schmeichel did in his prime.

Zygalski said:
So it appears the mostly:

UK = wide
Holland = def-long
France = broadcasting.

From what I've read and heard.
Interesting.

Holland def. wide here !

Alright. Forget about the damn camera angles and discuss PES5 instead!

Can't wait to play it.

*cough*Noonecares*cough*

I usually play with Normal Long but konami´s tournaments here in portugal are always played with Wide camera, so I think It should be the default cam in WE 9.

Enough of the camera discussion now, stay on topic please.

Ive got one question for whoever has played the beta.

Is it harder against the CPU?

6 star was still too easy on PES4.

Riot I got a question . How many boots?

Just found out that Konami are showing first details of MGS 4 on PS3 and first gameplay details on Pro Evo 5 on PS2/XBOX at the The Leipzig Games Convention held in Germany!

Unfortunately the show starts on the 16th August, so we would of had nearly a few weeks of WE9 by then anyways.

Yeah, I posted that a few pages back already. ;)

so you did mate ;)

Just thought Id give a date aswell though. Pretty excited that they're showing some PS3 coverage too meaning a PAL region PS3 might be brought out around spring 2006 rather than months after.

Fingers crossed for a video of PES/WE on PS3 ;)

Pires7 said:
Ive got one question for whoever has played the beta.

Is it harder against the CPU?

6 star was still too easy on PES4.
You definitely wouldn't be able to tell after just 3 hours of play. I'm afraid we're going to have to wait for info on that :(

romagnoli said:
You definitely wouldn't be able to tell after just 3 hours of play. I'm afraid we're going to have to wait for info on that :(

Why cant you tell after 3 hours?

Because it always takes you a good few games to get used to the new flow of the game. Even the minor changes Konami make take getting used to, like the fact you may not be able to dribble as easily anymore, or passing and turning may be different. Its hard to instantly change habits you've accumulated while playing the previous version and therefore the game can seem harder for the first few sittings.

Riot could tell you that he found it difficult the first few games, but that doesn't mean its any more difficult after you get used to it, unfortunately. :(

Riot said:
I played in (of course, is there any other good view?) Wide mode.

So "wide" mode is the default camera for PES5/WE9? I just would like to know that. And Riot, can you tell me if did you see any changes with some cameras? Are some cameras closer to the players now? Or is everything almost the same? Any changes about that?

Hey Riot, I gotta a question. When will you start answering some?

Back
Top Bottom