PES 5 Beta previews

Re: PES 5 Beta preview (first post updated!)

romagnoli said:
If it is only a tweaked WE8LE (and to be honest it sounds like there are a lot of improvements in the gameplay), and all games have been the same for the past 3 years, why have you been acting so let down by that possibility? Are you surprised? No, you've had three years to get used to it. If you buy 2 or three versions of a game per year, don't act like someone's put a lemon in your burger when it turns out that the size of the improvements from one to the next are minor. Compare WE9 to WE8, or PES4 to PES5, or WE8Int to WE9Int. Don't compare the two nearest editions, that's ludicrous.
Thats a fair point but the thing is that I dont like WE8LE. I like PES4 a lot more. So if I hated WE8LE, you can understand that I will definately not enjoy PES5 so much.
But I wont really have a choice but to play it since its the latest version. :(

Well, altough i don't speak the language from Finland I checked the interview very carefully and no Eye-Toy mention.

But Seabass mentions the games "Madden" and "Tony Hawk Pro Skater", so my guess is this mysterious feature might be something that both these games already have and that winning yet has to implement.

BTW, Tony Hawk has the Eye-Toy feature, so why not.

Thanks Toscani ;-)

Are you sure there isn't any mention of a feature that the winning series doesn't have yet?
So maybe it's another interview...geeeez :-)

Let's search...

Toscani said:
Seabass just talked how much he enjoys playing Tony Hawk and Madden.
Taken from Gamespot, about Tony Hawk - "When players hop in a game, you'll find yourself in a free skate mode that essentially serves as a "lobby"."

Madden has a lobby too, and currently it's the only feature I see in both games (at least online-specifically), so I'm thinking Battlefield-2-style playing people from the four corners of the earth for WE9... Maybe.

can't wait to play we9.....i'm glad at last the keepers can finally throw a long one!

looking forward to release date and not long to go

Well, on pelaajalehti.com-board people speculate that new feature might have something to do with putting your own face to the game(like in tony hawk). Also talk about downloadable updates.

Seabass interviwev: translation about Madden and Tony Hawk if someone finds it necessary:
"I like to play sportgames, like Madden and Tony Hawk. They have got things we really could learn of. One of our programmers is a huge Tony hawk-gameseries fan and he introduced series to me. In Madden, I like the way animation is created."

Thanks a lot Toscani :-)

I thought it might be downloadable updates, seems most likely..you could put your face in with the editor as it is (albeit not brilliantly), and bringing WE9 out at the start of august means a lot of teams will probably have made plenty of signings between the last roster update and the release of WE. They could include kit updates as part of this, but I doubt it - too intensive on the memory card I'd have thought.

That makes a lot of sense actually, though we can do that now with the Max Drive.

They've done downloadable updates before though, haven't they (or have I been playing too much Battlefield 2 again)?

Thank You Riot you have given us the goods again :D

They have in Japan yeah.

Never been in a PES before, but still, it doesn't make sense for them to be wanting to keep that quiet until that Japanese show. They're already used to that option. :D

Yeah, including the eyetoy feature like in Tony Hawks would be good, coz if there's any faces in the game that don't look like who there suppose to look like then we could find a pic of them and snap with the eyetoy.

can you really do that with pictures? don't you need the persons face?

Im very happy with a very little thing he sad in a certain point he sad the ingame sounds are improved and fans do shout when you hit the post !
Its something that really annoyed me when you hit the post and it was as if nothing happend in past WE s.

Looking foward to this game.

yeah i agree. hittin the post is a big deal especially a wicked shot from way out that has GK rooted to spot but only stopped due to hitting bar or post should get a sudden "Hooo" or something out of crowd like in real life.

"Its something that really annoyed me when you hit the post and it was as if nothing happend in past WE s."

Could not agree more.

Crespute said:
Thanks Toscani ;-)

Are you sure there isn't any mention of a feature that the winning series doesn't have yet?
So maybe it's another interview...geeeez :-)

Let's search...

Freestyle tricks...maybe?

PLF said:
yeah i agree. hittin the post is a big deal especially a wicked shot from way out that has GK rooted to spot but only stopped due to hitting bar or post should get a sudden "Hooo" or something out of crowd like in real life.

Yes this is very welcomed.. yes yes yes..
I also hope they make the noise of the "post hit" more like in we7int.. sound a rattling woodwork.. as opposed to we8le, where it sounds ok, but more like the metal posts youd use at the local ovals.

cheers,
steve

Some of the community are always so negative about the new we/pes. I see that in another way. I've always liked the next edition of the game; some are more updated then another, but it was always better for me. Yesterday i've played for fun we7, we7i, then we8, we8jl, pes4 and we8le and in the end -there where i thought we7i was almost as good as we8- we8le is absolutely the best for me. We9/Pes5 will be better i suppose but as the basic engine of the game is the engine from we8 it wouldn't be a whole new revolutionary game. If you keep that in mind you can decide if you buy it or not.

There is only one problem -but i didn't see much questions on this- and that is for me the major slowdown problems on wide cam and the overall speed of the game. Konami was always the king on slow but fluid gameplay.

Riot told us that the game is slower then we8 (thanks Konami for that), i've always liked the -almost too- slow speed which seems to be gone since we7i (in we7 it was perfect).

But now the framerate issue:
Riot, i like to hear from you if the game plays at a stable framerate also on wide cam, because that was my major dissapointment on we8 (JL/LE).

Madrileno said:
Im very happy with a very little thing he sad in a certain point he sad the ingame sounds are improved and fans do shout when you hit the post!

Its something that really annoyed me when you hit the post and it was as if nothing happend in past WE s.
My dad and I have always wanted there to be a "post" option in the sound volume menu, i.e. commentary 0%, sound effects 50%, post noise 100%, so when you hit the post you really hear it "dong"... Heh.

Anyway, where is this news saying the ingame sounds are improved? I've not seen that anywhere...

Yes this we9/pes5 is gonna be a cracker of a game.. and yes.. there is no doubt that we8le is the best game thus far.. its truely amazing and id be happy playing it for the next 10 yrs if nothing better came out... well maybe 5..

um.. but yeah.. i think of all the previous versions, we7int was the one that i can still play (well.. we8jl aswell).. i think its cause there were alot of things in we7int that no longer exist these days, ie. the very good framerate (we8LE aint bad, but in we7int there was no slowdown whatsoever).. also..the speed was spot on.. and with word that we9/pes5 will be slower is great news.. fluid framerate, and a slower pace.. wow..thatll make it ultra realistic.

Apart from the framerate improvement, ie. no slowdown, im just hoping that we9 goes back to the views that were in we7int.. ive mentioned this a few times, but nobody seems to give a toss ahahha but seriously.. how bad do the replay views look in we8/we8jl/we8LE.. the manual replay is way to low in the default view...and they just look garbage... and the highest view, ie top view is rather useless... as it only looks good close up, but then u cant see anything ahead.. remember we7int's top view.. it was more like a fifa99 view.. bit higher..but it looked grand for watching saved replays :)

anywyas... back to we8LE ;-) just fix those fkn replay views konami ;-)

oh did i mention that the we7int post noises were amazing hahahah
and did i mention in we7int that davids (or any long haired player) hair moved heaps when they ran... ive seen the movie of we9, and theres a guy who crosses the ball..and his hair aint moving.. hmmm.. weird.. wonder why konami took away the hair movement.. havent seen any in any of the we8 versions.

PLF said:

I'm surprised we dont already have that in PES4. It would add to the excitement of the game.

I´m not worried about faces, kits or boots. I´m just expecting that WE 9 has no slowdowns playing with "wide camera" because that really affects the gameplay experience. The other thing I´m really expecting are the players movements around the pitch; how an OMF moves, if he can now go many times to the side during the match like in real life or if he will always be behind the forwards at the center. I wonder how the WB will move around the pitch too... will him make forward runs on the pitch and then will him go backwards immediatly after the attack situation? (otherwise the oponnent WF will be always without marking - that causes the same stupid and very easy counter-attack from the wings). I´m also curious to see the tactical behaviour of "Second Top". It would be great to finaly assing the real position of Totti, Raul, Ronaldinho, etc (they´re not CF or OMF, they are not Midfiliers/Strikers, they are "9,5 position" players as we call nowadays. Something between the real Nº10 (playmaker that also defends on the midfield) and the Nº9 (pure striker).So it´s great that konami finally made the ST position. I´m happy with it.

These are the points of the game I´m curious to see.. tactical movements and no slowdowns. That 2 things are enough to bring me another year of fun with that great game because it can really change the game. Waiting for 4 August :)

Sorry for my English. I did my best.

Last edited by a moderator:

I would like to ask you 2 very important questions Riot...

1- Maldini stills with Right Foot?

2- What´s the original camera? It´s finally the "Wide" one? Konami always use that camera in official PS2 tournaments so I don´t understand why put Normal Long as original cam.

I know about tha fans making sounds when you hit the post because I am a mamber of PES Insight and in PES5 beta impressions thread there are posts from Riot but also from other 2 persons that used to play the betas.

Back
Top Bottom