PES 5 Beta previews

Re: PES 5 Beta preview (first post updated!)

RuneEdge said:
Hey Riot, I gotta a question. When will you start answering some?
Never, because he wants you to buy the magazine he works for to know about the important stuff

I think the best question then, is when is his mag coming out?

Isnt he a freelancer? I think he wants to sell his review first to some mag(s)

The magazine is called Pelaaja (player), and the next issue, with the PES 5 review is coming out beginning of next month. I think they sell the magazine only in Finland.

Thomas is also a national superstar, as he has his own TV-show ;D
Hoping there will be somekind of PES 5 pre-release review on the show also.

Re: PES 5 Beta preview

Riot said:
To all the folks asking questions, thanks, but I *wont* be answering more random questions, at least not very frequently since the hands on is quite exhaustive.

:!:

Now if I was in Finland, I would have bought that magazine.
Looks like I'll just have to wait for Gamespot or IGN.

I'll be buying the magazine and will tell extra details here, if there is any.

It's not a review, it's a massive preview. Also the PSP news is out today and will be officially out by the end of the week as Konami and SCEI show the PSP version and talk about it at the PlayStation Festival 2005. Ign's already mentioned this.

Don't you think the funky option Riot is talking about is a street mode as seen in the intro video ?

RUUD RULES !

Of course its not a review. Reviews can only be done on games that are released.

Riot- you thanked Visual Concepts. What do they have to do with this game? I thought they worked for Sega with it's 2k Sports. (Now Rockstar and Take 2)

I think they would be the ultimate combination w/ Konami to slay the EA beast, just hadn't heard anything like that.

Re: PES 5 Beta preview

7cronaldo said:
Club Football has one premiership team (chelsea in the chelsea edition, arsenal in the arsenal edition and so on..) plus Man Utd in each game.
And the Man Utd version has Arsenal as the second team by the way.

Anyway this is going off topic... We won't be getting premiership licenses anytime soon by the looks of it, let's just leave it at that. Sorry for even mentioning that in the first place..... :roll:

I got an e-mail back from someone in the main office and said that they are happy with the licence with EA and probably won't switch anytime soon

cheers for the quick post riot.

Any chance of answering a few questions? I think someone made up a good list a few pages back which would be worth answering.

I know you said you wont be answering random questions, but how about some info mate? Not your usual imformative self ;)

or cant you answer any questions until the mags out?

thanks

filthydani said:
I don’t know how hard it is to take like 15 minutes to answer some questions…..

are u kidding me?!! would u have prefered no review at all from riot??? i think he has done enough, and that u are being quite selfish...

oh! and thanks riot for the information.

Thats its. Ive had enough. The hype and the wait for this game is unbearable.
I'm not gonna come to this thread again.

Goodbye people.

filthydani said:
Selfish? Am I the only one who wants those questions to be answered here? Hello?

You are not making any sense so shut up

Dani, you've been warned before mate, so watch what you say with regards to other users. :-$

I'm actually worried about this new PES5. If it's going to be like updated Winning Eleven 8 Liveware Evolution it's just not gonna be better than the PES4.

WE8LE's gameplay is just way too fast and you can't even really keep the ball and try to create a game.

Stüldt Håjt said:
WE8LE's gameplay is just way too fast and you can't even really keep the ball and try to create a game.

Way too fast? Even the great players had turning circles of juggernauts.

SXFuzz said:
Way too fast? Even the great players had turning circles of juggernauts.
haha :)
"He's turning like a bus!" has been heard many times when we play 8)

OK, lets say it this way.

The real life football can be as fast as it is in WE8LE, but most of the times it isn't. WE8LE doesn't really have these slow downs and players are all the time rushing back and forth like a in a basketball game.

And in a real life football Totti (or any playmaker) normally keeps the ball a lot. He creates the game. But in WE8LE when Totti gets the ball it's like less than a second time to react before the opponent has taken the ball from you. And normally your players even stumbles with the ball so you cannot do anything even if you have pressed the pass button before he got the ball.

So with those slow downs and opposite not so aggressively trying to take the ball from you so you could keep it a little and try to create a game PES5 would be allmost a perfect game.

Riot, when can you tell us player's skills? :)

Stüldt Håjt said:

The real life football can be as fast as it is in WE8LE, but most of the times it isn't. WE8LE doesn't really have these slow downs and players are all the time rushing back and forth like a in a basketball game.

And in a real life football Totti (or any playmaker) normally keeps the ball a lot. He creates the game. But in WE8LE when Totti gets the ball it's like less than a second time to react before the opponent has taken the ball from you. And normally your players even stumbles with the ball so you cannot do anything even if you have pressed the pass button before he got the ball.

So with those slow downs and opposite not so aggressively trying to take the ball from you so you could keep it a little and try to create a game PES5 would be allmost a perfect game.

nothing to add, this is something WE is really lacking.

Players turning circles was always the most used thing in the WE/PES series. I think they´re a bit unrealistic since no one does that all the time in a real football match. I can´t complain about that in WE8LE.

But.. yes!! I complain about keeping the ball.. Totti and other players really should be able to keep the ball into feet to create the game, and organize, and in WE8LE you always loose the ball when you try to do it. That´s very bad. Also the passes should have more response. Sometimes I press :x: many times and the player just do nothing... then i loose the ball to the oponnent! That´s frustrating! I hope PES5´s response could be much better like in PES 4!

Stüldt Håjt said:

Yes, like maybe if a player has a certain level of skill (or a certain level of a combination of skills), then defenders know (or, in the course of the game, learn, which would be even better, allowing fo the building of "reputation" of those players that have none in ML, for example) to stay off of the player an extra step or two, allowing that time to make plays you've talked about...

I'm sure many of you have seen the scans that were posted in the WE9 discussion board, well one of them say something about boot editing, is that the funky option Riot was talking about?

Ok guys got a pro evo 5 beta trial from sony just today ask your questions and i'll try to answer them

Back
Top Bottom