PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player movement is different. More sliding, better feeling though.
Ball behaviour is very different. I don't know if its better than PES 2018, but it is surely more free.
Graphics are updated, not overhauled. But there is a difference for sure.

So, new ball behavior+new player physics and movement + updated graphics = A decently new game. Quite different from PES 2018. To be honest PES 2019 resembles PES 2018 only in title.
And i thank konami for this. KOnami tries, fixes, adds, removes, spoils many things every year. Kudos for this,
PES 2014 was a brand new game compared to 2013. Total overhaul in every aspect. Change 100%
PES 2015 was very different compared to 2014. Konami abandoned PES 2014's technology and physics.Change 80%
PES 2016 was quite different compared to 2015. More fluid, faster, easy to control, but players feel less weighted and realistic. Change 60%.
PES 2017 was quite similar to PES 2016. Change 30%
PES 2018 was quite different to PES 2017. Change 60%
PES 2019 is quite differnet to PES 2018. Change 80%.
My opinion/thoughts.

if 15 to 14 is 80%, I don't see how you think 19 to 18 is 80% also.

based on your 16 to 17 score, I would put the change between 19 and 18 at about 35-40%.

personally, I feel its more a 10-15% change. its an improvement nonetheless.

but, as you say, its our opinion.

Was there an official statement that it will be a new game?

What I mean by 'new' isn't necessarily "from scratch". I mean that a 60 dollar yearly product should come with more improvements, new-more-bigger additions. This game just added 4 or 5 new small things after a whole year and you think it's worth 60 dollars?. Unless we demand for more and make them see that this comfort zone they are in isn't working, they'll keep ripping us off.

Maybe I'm fighting this battle alone. So I might be wrong. But it just feels too much for so little.

What I mean by 'new' isn't necessarily "from scratch". I mean that a 60 dollar yearly product should come with more improvements, new-more-bigger additions. This game just added 4 or 5 new small things after a whole year and you think it's worth 60 dollars?. Unless we demand for more and make them see that this comfort zone they are in isn't working, they'll keep ripping us off.

That's the problem with sports titles, FIFA/PES/FM mostly see pretty minor changes each year. Would be better for each game to go on longer development cycles but that would simply lose them too much money.

As for being worth $60, definitely not but most games RRP is high for most games that are not worth it.

I rather buy new game every year or skip few and then buy new game every few years or so than buying subscription based game that gets locked every year like Adobe Photoshop. If games become subscription based, not only will they become unmoddable [to some extent], they will also disappear if developers decides to stop supporting the game [Just like what happened to FiFA world, FiFA online, etc].

So yeah, I rather buy pes and fifa for 60$.

Maybe I'm fighting this battle alone. So I might be wrong. But it just feels too much for so little.

Football games are a special case in the game industry.
Just the licenses take a big chunk of the budget.

You are free to not buy the game. No one is forcing you.
I usually buy FM every 2 years for example.

if 15 to 14 is 80%, I don't see how you think 19 to 18 is 80% also.

based on your 16 to 17 score, I would put the change between 19 and 18 at about 35-40%.

personally, I feel its more a 10-15% change. its an improvement nonetheless.

but, as you say, its our opinion.

I only think such conclusion can be drawn after a few months with the game, and whether or not it still provides a fresh challenge or becomes repetitive

I rather buy new game every year or skip few and then buy new game every few years or so than buying subscription based game that gets locked every year like Adobe Photoshop. If games become subscription based, not only will they become unmoddable [to some extent], they will also disappear if developers decides to stop supporting the game [Just like what happened to FiFA world, FiFA online, etc].

So yeah, I rather buy pes and fifa for 60$.

I 100% agree on the fact that subscription based games would be the gravestone on either saga. Let's hope it will never happen, the current stagnation would be a joke compared to that.

By the way (not directed at you, Sami), if we criticize/are unsatisfied about the game and we keep on buying it nonetheless, then we are part of the problem.

Do not mistake what I wrote for a diss or a jab at who likes the game as it is.. if you like it, good for you and you are absolutely in the right in buying it even first day.
But if not, writing thousands of words on a forum only to buy the game all the same will do absolutely nothing.

Where is this coming from? This is how it is for 20 years now for the yearly titles. Btw PES 19 has the biggest content expansion since...i dont even know. Since the spanish stadiums in PES1*.

Article from Eurogamer about the event in Glasgow, including an interview:

Eurogamer: PES 2019 Soldiers On

Here's a quote:
Mindful of the way [fatigue] stops your players in their tracks, you have to smartly manage your use of the sprint button. You can't spam it any more, which makes for a more considered, contemplative game of virtual football I find a tasty tonic to FIFA's pinball passing.

FIFA's pinball passing? Are you fucking kidding me?

There's so much great stuff in the game - and you go with "the other game's passing is pinball in comparison"?

Why does every site seemingly have a fanboy in charge of their football game reviews? It's always "THE KING IS BACK" or "FIFA KILLS PES DEAD". Absolute horseshit and it makes me so angry. You're paid to write about games. Take your "I played PES in uni" hat off (as he says in the article) and get your fucking facts right.

Last edited:
I only think such conclusion can be drawn after a few months with the game, and whether or not it still provides a fresh challenge or becomes repetitive

flokiman was commenting on gameplay as was I [his post #3566]

yeh overall we have to wait and see but my comments based on what we have

exactly, let's see the numbers. how much they spend on annual development and how many copies sold yearly. my bet is there cleaning up. it's not hard to sell to teenagers.

Where is this coming from? This is how it is for 20 years now for the yearly titles. Btw PES 19 has the biggest content expansion since...i dont even know. Since the spanish stadiums in PES1*.
What I assume is the content/game modes.Take for example ML.It is the same with little changes since 2014.Lightyears away from the ML in pes2011 where from club organization and functions management perspective was the most complete ML package until today.

Football games are a special case in the game industry.
Just the licenses take a big chunk of the budget.

You are free to not buy the game. No one is forcing you.
I usually buy FM every 2 years for example.

Of course not.
But as big fan of the saga, I want things to get better. I want things to improve. I want things to be done the right way.
And I won't get any of that by sitting back and buying the game every year without speaking my mind.
If you are one of those people that take things as they come and stay quiet, I'm very happy for you. You are just the type of people @OfficialPES LOVE to retweet.

Article from Eurogamer about the event in Glasgow, including an interview:

Eurogamer: PES 2019 Soldiers On

Here's a quote:

FIFA's pinball passing? Are you fucking kidding me?

There's so much great stuff in the game - and you go with "the other game's passing is pinball in comparison"?

Why does every site seemingly have a fanboy in charge of their football game reviews? It's always "THE KING IS BACK" or "FIFA KILLS PES DEAD". Absolute horseshit and it makes me so angry. You're paid to write about games. Take your "I played PES in uni" hat off (as he says in the article) and get your fucking facts right.

So you’re saying fifa is not more ping pong than PES?

They're both ping-pong. It's like arguing over whose shite stinks more; at the end of the day they both stink.
Thank you. My point was - you just can't say PES isn't. So much video evidence to the contrary. Pick one of the really good bits of the game to praise, not one of the worst bits (on PA1, i.e. what 90% will play on because Joe Public doesn't piss about with settings when they play a game).

Thank you. My point was - you just can't say PES isn't. So much video evidence to the contrary. Pick one of the really good bits of the game to praise, not one of the worst bits (on PA1, i.e. what 90% will play on because Joe Public doesn't piss about with settings when they play a game).

So you’re saying you can’t say fifa is more ping pong than PES? WHAT! Especially this year, because saying otherwise is completely false. I have seen fifa fans play pes demo and having difficulties with it. OK. Then explain to me why do those in the community changed to PA2, lets not overreact. I for one enjoy PA1 this year compared to last years. As if Pes 5/6 where not assisted lol.

Of course not.
But as big fan of the saga, I want things to get better. I want things to improve. I want things to be done the right way.
And I won't get any of that by sitting back and buying the game every year without speaking my mind.
If you are one of those people that take things as they come and stay quiet, I'm very happy for you. You are just the type of people @OfficialPES LOVE to retweet.

I believe they do as much they can to survive. Unlike FIFA, PES future isn't guaranteed.

Plus I don't understand why you complain, we got more leagues added than ever . And I believe they will add even more content.

Oh, and only you buy the game 60$. I will buy it 25$ .

This.

Nothing further, Your Honor.

? You look so stressed, maybe you should have a cup of tea.

There is no rule that says you have to buy it every year, it's not a tax. It's a product, you evaluate it and buy it only if you want.

There is a life beyond football games you know?
You only buy the game if you think it's worth it, what's the point whining here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom